Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station (14150 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Symphony007: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
So you all know that i'm not a bitter, constant persimist or jonathan hated. I am currently watching the commissioning of the geregu power station in kogi by pres. Jonathan. It is quite an impressive facility and will no doubt give a boost to our power situation. When good things happen in our country, we should be glad but constructive critisim should not be looked upon as being anti-jonathan.

You can watch it live on NTA or AIT.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Brimmie(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mumu NTA, Channels dey report Plane Crash.. this Yeye Station dey show rubbish commission!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Bensonite: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: So you all know that i'm not a bitter, constant persimist or jonathan hated. I am currently watching the commissioning of the geregu power station in kogi by pres. Jonathan. It is quite an impressive facility and will no doubt give a boost to our power situation. When good things happen in our country, we should be glad but constructive critisim should not be looked upon as being anti-jonathan.

Bros we know you only took sides when Amaechi vs GEJ started. NL knows the real people that have the pull him down mentality because of his tribe. For them everything associated with him is evil so long as its not their tribes man or affiliate. The key point is constructive criticism no matter who is involved.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Fresh Air. What OBJ could not do in 8years

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by slimming: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thank you Mr President.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by bolseas(f): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
Please don't blame OBJ....blame Yaradua. he was the one who frustrated the project and other NIPProjects.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by cocoduck: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Brimmie: Mumu NTA, Channels dey report Plane Crash.. this Yeye Station dey show rubbish commission!

I don't blame you, GEJ will continue to put shame on ur faces by doing the right things.SMH to you. In as much as power plant commissioning is rubbish to you. I just feel like punching you via this phone.
nonsakeable

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by karlmax2: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: So you all know that i'm not a bitter, constant persimist or jonathan hated. I am currently watching the commissioning of the geregu power station in kogi by pres. Jonathan. It is quite an impressive facility and will no doubt give a boost to our power situation. When good things happen in our country, we should be glad but constructive critisim should not be looked upon as being anti-jonathan.

true confession! before 2015 people like you would be screaming for GEJ. This is a man u and your likes on nairaland would have nigerians belive his not working but lies don't last long the truth always prevails.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by duality(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
Good. Why Isn't this on the Home Page ?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by bloggernaija: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
Promhize: Fresh Air. What OBJ could not do in 8years
YOU CAN TELL THAT TO THE 160 MILLION MUMU
Who are you deceiving ?Obj initiated and fully paid for geregu,omotosho and 4 other power stations.
Construction of the civil engineering part was already complete before GEJ even smelt ado rock.the mechanical engr aspect which is the turbines had to be machined to specification and was ready before yar adua went comatose
Jonathan as usual is reaping where he did not sow.
This government,for those who offer criticism on issues is a calamity.
That is why he keeps borrowing for the most mundane of things.
Else
Let him initiate and pay for 5 power plants right now .

STOP PRESS

OBASANJO ACTUALLY COMPLETED THIS POWER PLANT .
UNCLE CLUELESS JOE IS ONLY DOING THE USUAL PAINTING AND GRASS CUTTING PROPAGANDA
PROOF
http://worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=page&id=1102&pgcat=news&start=2329

Siemens Energy said it has received an order from Niger Delta Power Holding Company for construction of the Geregu II gas turbine power plant in Ajaokuta, about 200 kilometer south of Abuja. The order volume is approximately E230 million (about N43.24 billion).

The gas-fired power plant is scheduled to start commercial operation in late 2012.
Geregu II is a follow-up project to the Geregu I power plant, which Siemens built back in 2006. The company will supply three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, the electrical equipment and an SPPA-T3000 instrumentation and control system for the 434MW plant, which it will build as a turnkey project, the company said.
Michael Suess, CEO of the fossil power generation division of Siemens Energy, said: "After construction of the Afam and Geregu I power plants the order for Geregu II marks a further milestone for Siemens in Nigeria and in Africa. With the latest project the number of Siemens heavy-duty gas turbines in Nigeria will increase to eight."
The Geregu power plant, established under the National Independent Power Project, was among the plants inaugurated by former President Obasanjo shortly before he handed over power in 2007.Nigerian Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant 1, the first brand new power plant funded and commissioned by his Obasanjo administration was built at a cost of euro 195m ($256 million ), it has the capacity to generate 414 megawatts of electric power.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by UjSizzle(f): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
Good news smiley
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Symphony007: 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:
Who are you deceiving ?Obj initiated and fully paid for geregu,omotosho and 4 other power stations.
Construction of the civil engineering part was already complete before GEJ even smelt ado rock.the mechanical engr aspect which is the turbines had to be machined to specification and was ready before yar adua went comatose
Else
actually chinedu nebo said exactly what you just did during the commissioning, so if jonathan had'nt continued with the project and left it in comma like yar adua, what would have happened to it? Can't you just give him a little credit for continuity?

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Symphony007: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
karl max: true confession! before 2015 people like you would be screaming for GEJ. This is a man u and your likes on nairaland would have nigerians belive his not working but lies don't last long the truth always prevails.
let's not overeach now...jonathan still has a lot of short comings and failures also a few commendables like this.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:
Else

STOP PRESS

UNCLE CLUELESS JOE IS ONLY DOING THE USUAL PAINTING AND GRASS CUTTING PROPAGANDA
PROOF
http://worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=page&id=1102&pgcat=news&start=2329

Siemens Energy said it has received an order from Niger Delta Power Holding Company for construction of the Geregu II gas turbine power plant in Ajaokuta, about 200 kilometer south of Abuja. The order volume is approximately E230 million (about N43.24 billion).

The gas-fired power plant is scheduled to start commercial operation in late 2012.
Geregu II is a follow-up project to the Geregu I power plant, which Siemens built back in 2006. The company will supply three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, the electrical equipment and an SPPA-T3000 instrumentation and control system for the 434MW plant, which it will build as a turnkey project, the company said.
Michael Suess, CEO of the fossil power generation division of Siemens Energy, said: "After construction of the Afam and Geregu I power plants the order for Geregu II marks a further milestone for Siemens in Nigeria and in Africa. With the latest project the number of Siemens heavy-duty gas turbines in Nigeria will increase to eight."
The Geregu power plant, established under the National Independent Power Project, was among the plants inaugurated by former President Obasanjo shortly before he handed over power in 2007.Nigerian Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant 1, the first brand new power plant funded and commissioned by his Obasanjo administration was built at a cost of euro 195m ($256 million ), it has the capacity to generate 414 megawatts of electric power.

Obasanjo could not complete the geregu power in 8yrs, Jonathan completed his in 3yrs. Jonathan also completed obasanjo's own.
Stop trying so hard to defend a failed leader, if obasanjo really did well why did power supply worsen under him or haven't you heard Nigeria had 6000mw as at 1999. Get ur acts together not everybody is ready to engage in e-fights. CHEERS

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by bloggernaija: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: actually chinedu nebo said exactly what you just did during the commissioning, so if jonathan had'nt continued with the project and left it in comma like yar adua, what would have happened to it? Can't you just give him a little credit for continuity?

He is commissioning other people's work.
Painting airports built by the so called clueless aboki.
The fuel subsidy heist Alone could have built at least 25 geregus and ended a lot of gas flaring .do the maths
25 x 414MW

that is over 10000MW .

When people call him mediocre,we know what we are talking.
Iraq whose power infrastructure was bombed out during the first and second gulf war has added/adding more than 10000MW SINCE THE WAR ENDED 2 yrs ago.
You are here defending an obviously mediocre president .
I wonder what project of national strategic significance he will commission once he exits the tail wind of OBJ's regime's fiscal prudence.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
duality: Good. Why Isn't this on the Home Page ?

Anti-Gej things

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by duality(m): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:
Else

STOP PRESS

PROOF

Would you want to compare an 8 yer administration with one barely 2 yrs old. your reaction is unnecessary. Govt is a continuum and not a stupidd competition as you think it is. Its about the people. In Lagos The rail system was conceived by Jakande. the housing estate all-over is still credited to Jakande. If Fashola does something about it, wouldn't we give him credit?

FYI, geregu 2 was never fully paid for by the OBJ administration. Besides how many of such contracts are FULLY paid for before it starts. If you are talking of Geregu 1 ie the 414MW that has been operating as an island for years I'll say fine. But not Geregu 2. I worked at Ajaokuta so I am well informed about things. I don't need any twisted media reports.

Now I agree with GEJ that there is politics everywhere. Guy, That plant is for the good of Nigerians Let's celebrate. even if it was built by Lord Luggard.

38 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
Pls show us proof of the Iraqi 10000mw. And Geregu I is not the same as Geregu II.
Maybe u have not been listening to news lately, what of the power plant that was commissioned in Aba few weeks ago, this is not the 1st commissioned this year, neither is it the second and it is definitely not the last.

Keep calm @ bloggernaija, other power plants will be commissioned and electricity will improve just as u wish.
Chilax, don't compare a fruitful 2years administration to a barren 8yrs of nothing that could come close to mediocrity smiley

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by TeaParty: 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
Its so obvious your hatred for GEJ has so much affected your sense of reasoning,but its still not too late for you to change ur ways. Otherwise soonest you and your aboki brothers will commit suicide.You can go and hug a tranformer.

bloggernaija:

The fuel subsidy heist Alone could have built at least 25 geregus and ended a lot of gas flaring .do the maths
25 x 414MW

that is over 10000MW .

Iraq whose power infrastructure was bombed out during the first and second gulf war has added/adding more than 10000MW SINCE THE WAR ENDED 2 yrs ago.
I wonder what project of national strategic significance he will commission once he exits the tail wind of OBJ's regime's fiscal prudence.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by bloggernaija: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
duality:

Would you want to compare an 8 yer administration with one barely 2 yrs old. your reaction is unnecessary. Govt is a continuum and not a stupidd competition as you think it is. Its about the people. In Lagos The rail system was conceived by Jakande. the housing estate all-over is still credited to Jakande. If Fashola does something about it, wouldn't we give him credit?

FYI, geregu 2 was never fully paid for by the OBJ administration. Besides how many of such contracts are FULLY paid for before it starts. If you are talking of Geregu 1 ie the 414MW that has been operating as an island for years I'll say fine. But not Geregu 2. I worked at Ajaokuta so I am well informed about things. I don't need any twisted media reports.

Now I agree with GEJ that there is politics everywhere. Guy, That plant is for the good of Nigerians Let's celebrate. even if it was built by Lord Luggard.

Mr man,read that post properly .
Less than 12 months was enough for them to loot the equivalent of more than 25 geregus.
He started with the advantages of OBJ's ending
He started with a bank balance with significant reserves.
He drained the excess crude account with nothing to show for it.
Massive foreign exchange reserve.
A declining recurrent to capital ratio.
With all this advantages and bearing in mind how the excess crude account was depleted from $22 billion to almost 0 ,fuel subsidy fraud etc,
The nation should be talking about 20000MW today.
Like I said earlier ,I dare him to build only 5 geregus right now without borrowing .just like obj.continue living in darkness
I'm out.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by PointB: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wow, nicely done.

And so it came to pass, Fresh Air filled Kogi State, lighting it up!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Rossikk(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

25 x 414MW

that is over 10000MW .

Show us proof that Iraq added 10,000 mw to their grid in the last two years or forever be condemned as a spiteful, worthless liar. And airport remodelling is far different from "painting airports" you stu.pid compound illiterate.

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Symphony007: 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

25 x 414MW

that is over 10000MW .

as much as i disaggree monumentally with jonathan, were do you think we would have been if obasanjo and yar adua were efficent? You can't blame all of nigeria's problem on a man who has been in office for 3 years as opposed to 8 years of obasanjo and 3 years of yar adua and all the wasted years of the military.

P/s: i can't belive i'm defending GEJ.

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Today, another major milestone has been achieved by the country with the commissioning of 434 megawatts capacity Geregu II power plant constructed by Siemens Nigeria Limited by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

The building of the plant under the supervision of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHCN), the state-run energy provider in Nigeria, is a testimony of the commitment of the Federal Government commitment towards ensuring that Nigeria is electrified thereby boosting the nation’s economy.

The NDPHC was conceived in 2004 as a major fast-tracking initiative to add significant new generation capacity to Nigeria’s electricity supply system. The generating projects are accompanied by supporting transmission, distribution and gas transport infrastructure projects.

Geregu II is one of the 10 medium-sized fired gas power plants scattered across the Niger Delta region on account of their nearness to gas which is the primary source of the generation.

Eight of these power plants were initially designed as open–cycle gas turbine (OGGT) power plants and the other two are designed as combined-cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plant.

Seven of the OGGT plants have the capacity to be expanded to combined gas turbine (CCGT) configuration. All the generating plants have a combined capacity in excess of 5,453megawatts and 4,774 megawatts net.

According to James Olotu, managing director of NDPHC “The Geregu II power plant has strategic significance when it comes to improving the power supply in our country as well as for the stability of Nigeria’s power grid. We’re very satisfied with how this important project has been implemented, and we’re proud to be working with Siemens.”

He said the Geregu II gas-turbine power plant with an installed capacity of 434 megawatts, is playing an important role in the expansion of the country’s power supply.

The Geregu II gas-turbine power plant in Ajaokuta in Kogi State was completed on schedule (within 2 years). As part of the turnkey construction project, Siemens supplied three E-class gas turbines as well as the associated generators. With an electrical capacity of 434 megawatts (MW), the plant will play an important role in the expansion of the power supply in Nigeria.

Ajaokuta is located approximately 200 kilometres south of the Nigerian capital Abuja. Following the Afam V and Geregu I plants, Geregu II is now the third gas-turbine power plant to be constructed by Siemens in Nigeria as a turnkey project and completed on schedule.

The scope of delivery supplied by Siemens for Geregu II included three SGT5-2000E gas turbines, three SGen5-100A generators, as well as all the electrical systems and the SPPA-T3000 control system.

Siemens had also supplied three E-class gas turbines, generators, and the control technology for the Geregu I power plant. Siemens has already sold over 460 SGT5-2000E gas turbines worldwide. With over 14 million equivalent hours of operation, this turbine has a very high amount of operating experience.

Nigeria plans to increase the country’s generation capacity by five to eight-fold from its current level of approximately 5 gigawatts (GW).

In April 2012, Siemens met with the Nigerian President to sign a memorandum of understanding regarding the delivery of additional power plant components.

“The SGT5-2000E gas turbines that were installed in Geregu II are suitable for all load ranges, particularly for peak load operation. Thanks to their reliability, robustness and service friendliness, they are ideal for the requirements of the Nigerian market.

“In Nigeria, planning is already underway for additional projects using this type of turbine,” said Lothar Balling, head of gas turbine power plant solutions at Siemens Energy

Adapted from source:
http://businessdayonline.com/2013/10/expectations-heighten-as-jonathan-commissions-geregu-ii-power-plant/
The plant was built in a record time of about 2 years. Great news!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Double post
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by bloggernaija: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Symphony007: as much as i disaggree monumentally with jonathan, were do you think we would have been if obasanjo and yar adua were efficent? You can't blame all of nigeria's problem on a man who has been in office for 3 years as opposed to 8 years of obasanjo and 3 years of yar adua and all the wasted years of the military.

P/s: i can't belive i'm defending GEJ.

Obj was the right man for the time.he is the reason why there are no coups and GEJ is a president .
Why he chose yar adua/GEJ,I do not know.like a journalist wrote,neither of them would feature as a performer/good leaders in roll call of the governors /administrators of the time .
He had the likes o

El rufai
Ribadu
Ekwesili
Donald Duke
Raphael ndukwe of GSM license fame to pair together.

People who are independently minded and succeeded to a large extent in their fields .he could have given them political cover while they administer the country.
They wouldn't have done worse.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by duality(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
bloggernaija:

Mr man,read that post properly .
Less than 12 months was enough for them to loot the equivalent of more than 25 geregus.
He started with the advantages of OBJ's ending
He started with a bank balance with significant reserves.
He drained the excess crude account with nothing to show for it.
Massive foreign exchange reserve.
A declining recurrent to capital ratio.
With all this advantages and bearing in mind how the excess crude account was depleted from $22 billion to almost 0 ,fuel subsidy fraud etc,
The nation should be talking about 20000MW today.
Like I said earlier ,I dare him to build only 5 geregus right now without borrowing .just like obj.continue living in darkness
I'm out.

The earlier you realize that all these negative commentaries is nothing but a dead end, the better for you. If Nigeria should be talking of 20000mw, why was 1 watt not added to the grid since 1970-1980s-90s you want to hold one man responsible for it?

anyway rejoice;!!! smiley we just added 434 MW today. that's a mile stone; even if it was commissioned by your foe.

Do you wan't this administration to succeed? or you want this administration to fail so that you can prove you feelings right? If you keep thinking like this, it will affect other areas of your life. so watch it.

Take this fact to the bank. ..Those who always see negatives about others can never be positive.. reason; Humans see things the way they (themselves) are.

FYI

Geregu-II
Operator: Niger Delta Power Holding Co Ltd
Configuration: 3 X 145 MW SGT5-2000E gas turbines
Operation: 2012-2013
Fuel: natural gas
T/G supplier: Siemens
EPC: Siemens, STEAG
Quick facts: In Sep 2010, Siemens won a turnkey contract worth €230mn to build Geregu-II. The plant was turned over in Jun 2013 to schedule.
http://www.industcards.com/cc-nigeria.htm

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
I cant believe some COMPOUND FOOLS are still talking about OBJ administration that ended in 2007 (6 years ago)? For goodness sake, this same OBJ had 8 solid years to play with. This same OBJ succeeded another govt in 1999, inherited uncompleted projects from his predecessors and subsequently had 8 full years to do WHATEVER he wanted to do. How come we'r still talking about OBJ who left office 6 years ago? The hatred some people have for GEJ will soon boil over to INSANITY.

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by taharqa: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
Rossikk: Show us proof that Iraq added 10,000 mw to their grid in the last two years or forever be condemned as a spiteful, worthless liar. And airport remodelling is far different from "painting airports" you stu.pid compound illiterate.

Bros, You actuali expect that shameless PROPAGANDIST to 'show proof' of any of his claims?? 'Iraq added 10000MW' in deed grin grin

Even the article he posted made a clear distinction bw Geregu I and Geregu II; and also made it clear that d Contract for d Geregu II Plant was given in late 2010 while actual construction started in mid 2011- ALL unda GEJ. Yet he said that OBJ built it (bw 2010/2011- 2013)!!

Na so we see am o. The 'opposition' in Nigeria, who he reps, are a 'wondrous' lot o..

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by themaskedman: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
@bloggernaija the most unfortunate thing with your type is that you don‘t know where and when to show your sad faces. This thread isn‘t for frustrated dolts like you. Whether you like it or not GEJ must succeed and Nigeria must move forward.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
duality:

The earlier you realize that all these negative commentaries is nothing but a dead end, the better for you. If Nigeria should be talking of 20000mw, why was 1 watt not added to the grid since 1970-1980s-90s you want to hold one man responsible for it?

anyway rejoice;!!! smiley we just added 434 MW today. that's a mile stone; even if it was commissioned by your foe.

Do you wan't this administration to succeed? or you want this administration to fail so that you can prove you feelings right? If you keep thinking like this, it will affect other areas of your life. so watch it.

Take this fact to the bank. ..Those who always see negatives about others can never be positive.. reason; Humans see things the way they (themselves) are.

FYI

http://www.industcards.com/cc-nigeria.htm
Dont mind that disgraced vulture. Even if for the purpose of this debate, the president inherited the project and completed it, didn't OBJ also inherit uncompleted projects in 1999? Was Nigeria project-less in 1999 when OBJ came to power? What stopped OBJ from also continuing and completing the uncompleted projects he inherited? What stopped OBJ from initiating and completing projects in 8 years? Is 8 years too short a time to start and complete projects?

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg’s Failure To Compensate Boko Haram’s Members Escalated Insurgency – OBJ / PDP To INEC: Release Authentic BVAS Results For Kaduna Governorship Election / Gov Ortom Drives Bulldozer During Flagging Off Road Construction (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.