Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries (7153 Views)

Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) / List Of Public Libraries In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by sundyke107: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mopolchi: Ada Obi is finally sharing the money. Unfortunately, there's little time for him. Not a wise venture for him. This is a clear sign of his desperation.

What's this one saying...people like you will never see anything good in another man's adventure. Its high time we learn to appreciate our own and encourage good gesture. If the news had read "Peter Obi embezzled 6.5b" u will ve been happier.

In one of Uba's campaign i was amazed the way he appreciated Obi's achievements which does not in any way mean Obi is flawless contrary to others like Mopolchi who sees only the bad and the ugly.

I admonish you to visit Anambra state and see things your self other than posting thrash from your hideout in Okokomaiko.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Oguieke(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Youngzedd:

No there aren't development, tell us what it is
what's development pls when infrastructure is not among
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by ChinoIsBack: 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by wasiudvd(m): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hmm! Uli, Agulu, Igbariam, Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka, places I have been to in just my 2 weeks of stay in Anambra. Why do people come to Nairaland to lie about developments in their state? This gorvernor is embarking on plenty END-TIME projects, construction of pedestrian bridges (onitsha-awka express), road constructions that are in their primary phase, & its 6 weeks to election.
Well! I am begging you people to vote on credibility not sentiment, pls vote someone that can make this state fit for someone to live, especially security-wise.
One more thing! Una dey always lie say electricity don nearly reach 24/7 for east (especially Anambra), I pity una.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by ChinoIsBack: 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ogui eke: that is y anambra will still be backward despite all the IGR collected monthly which is enough to take care of many states in Nigeria. keep suporting evil.

Who is this clown? You think Anambra is your state that is lame, timid and above the most laid-back state around.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Antivirus92(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
wasiudvd: Hmm! Uli, Agulu, Igbariam, Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka, places I have been to in just my 2 weeks of stay in Anambra. Why do people come to Nairaland to lie about developments in their state? This gorvernor is embarking on plenty END-TIME projects, construction of pedestrian bridges (onitsha-awka express), road constructions that are in their primary phase, & its 6 weeks to election.
Well! I am begging you people to vote on credibility not sentiment, pls vote someone that can make this state fit for someone to live, especially security-wise.
One more thing! Una dey always lie say electricity don nearly reach 24/7 for east (especially Anambra), I pity una.
fool! Pity ur state not anambra. U just listed all the towns u knew in anambra claiming to have been there. Btw, ignoramus, is there anything like awka-onitsha express way ?
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Antivirus92(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ogui eke: what's development pls when infrastructure is not among
please define "infrastructure" so that we can check and see if it is missing in anambra.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Akiika: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gov. Obi "GIVES".....is it his money?
Isn't it statutory for government to provide education for it's citizen using their collective wealth?
This is the absurd mentality most Nigerians have...if a public officer uses the public money to do something (what he should be doing anyway)...we go on high praises of him/her as if the money belongs to him/her.
Eye still black for Naija.
Wake up y'all!
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by ITbomb(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
This is a leader with the next generation on his mind

1 Like

Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by wasiudvd(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
Antivirus92: fool! Pity ur state not anambra. U just listed all the towns u knew in anambra claiming to have been there. Btw, ignoramus, is there anything like awka-onitsha express way ?
Seems some screws are loose in your head boy, pya tell me another major town where ur inviscible development is. U guyz come her to feed us with white lies, now I am in Anambra.
Make I commot for here b4 dey come rob me. Mtcheew!
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by kross01(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
wasiudvd: Hmm! Uli, Agulu, Igbariam, Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka, places I have been to in just my 2 weeks of stay in Anambra. Why do people come to Nairaland to lie about developments in their state? This gorvernor is embarking on plenty END-TIME projects, construction of pedestrian bridges (onitsha-awka express), road constructions that are in their primary phase, & its 6 weeks to election.

actually the onitsha-enugu expressway which you wrongly called onitsha-awka, is a federal road and that project wasn't embarked on this year

Ogui eke: that is y anambra will still be backward despite all the IGR collected monthly which is enough to take care of many states in Nigeria. keep suporting evil.
as for you sir, anambra's IGR is in the neighborhood of 500million naira monthly, so please you mind telling me the many states it can take care of?
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by bushwailo: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Adycherie(f): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
sooo? Is dat y our salaries were deducted of 1k? come 2 think of d cheque, my "onye isi" did not evn tell us the amount gvn 2 our school
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by ChinoIsBack: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
kross_01:

as for you sir, anambra's IGR is in the neighborhood of 500million naira monthly, so please you mind telling me the many states it can take care of?

Leave the IGR matter! The real IGR in Onitsha and Nnewi alone may not be less 5billion a month. I think the Anambra media team just decided to classify that part! Mind you Onitsha alone hosts more banks than most states around.

The bottomline is that Obi is a good shrewd administrator of resources. He does not believe in throwing resources around without designation and purpose.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Ogojohn(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
Noblechyk:
And he has not done anything in those 7years? Before Obi took over from Ngige, Anambra is among the top indepted states in the country but now it is among the least indepted states if not the very least. Obi has done well in health & many other sectors. Fiscally, Obi is the most disciplined governor. He hasn't impressed me on infrasture from my own perpespective just like u mention Onitsha. But that doesn't change the fact that he has thrived in other sectors. And for ur information, am a coal city boy, so am not Obi's supporter but he has done well.
You are a paid agent. and who told you that ANAMBRA was the most indebted state in the federation during the time of NGIGE? Get your facts right.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by wasiudvd(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=kross_01]

actually the onitsha-enugu expressway which you wrongly called onitsha-awka, is a federal road and that project wasn't embarked on this year

Owk! I mean the construction of pedestrian bridges along that road, not the dilapidated road itslef. The bottom line is that this gorvernor has not done much in 7 years & 6 months. Or it just occour to him that some part of that road need pedestrian bridge?
And for that low life guy saying I have not been to those town, soon I'll start speaking Igbo. Ode
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by ChinoIsBack: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
^
Who is this 'amala and ewedu' infested dolt from the poverty, mud house and rusted zinc ravaged oshun and yerobaland?
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Noneroone(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
The Keziah governor also shared vehicles to magistrates today.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by archangel1(m): 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
Those condemning peter obi are ignorant. he has transformed education sector in Anambra state. His ANIDS remains the best MDG vehicle within the sub-Saharan region. lets wait for the result of UN by the year 2015. he has brought unprecedented prudence in Nigeria's governance. carry go OKUTE IGBO n'ile.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by bushwailo: 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Peter Obi is the only governor that does not allow photographs of his achievement.
His achievements are so magnificent that they are invisible to the naked eye.
I bet u this thread will run many pages with no pictures.

Everyday I continue to understand how Igbos followed a 33 yo army officer because he was feeding them propaganda.
They went to war against and internationally backed government with no weapons.
They payed dearly with 1 million precious lives and end up blaming Awo and Yorubas for not being as stupid as them.

Keep it up undecided
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Babaek: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nonybb: He is looting our treasury. He has only few days left
mumu! This is really a period of smart phones and stupid people.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
obi gives 1 billion naira for school rehabilitation but what we hear in the north is .. kano state gov. gives 100 million for (bride price) mass wedding yet northerners cry foul for f.g allocation
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Arysexy(m): 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Antivirus92(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
wasiudvd:
Seems some screws are loose in your head boy, pya tell me another major town where ur inviscible development is. U guyz come her to feed us with white lies, now I am in Anambra.
Make I commot for here b4 dey come rob me. Mtcheew!
fool! Pity ur ekiti,ogbomosho,osun,ondo and so on and not anambra. Go back to ur cave, u will find out that ur brother has impregnated ur cousin. Bunch of inbreeders!
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Kenechy: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
I Enjoy Killing those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau.

Like this page for more gist & info....
https://www.facebook.com/newsinfok
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by slyk2(m): 4:08am On Oct 05, 2013
archangel1: A few days after Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State presented cheques to the tune of N6.5 billion for the rehabilitation of primary schools returned to the churches and those owned by the state government, as well as the upgrade of missionary hospitals, he presented another cheque of N1 billion yesterday to strengthen libraries and laboratory facilities in 420 secondary schools and those returned to the churches in the state.

Speaking during the presentation in Awka, Governor Obi said it was part of the N40 billion his government was committing in the next six months into various sectors, as final push towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).

He said the money was not borrowed from any financial institution but as a result of savings, prudent management of resources and unprecedented support the state enjoyed from development partners.

Giving an insight on the last push in the area of education, the governor said in a few days time the state would employ teachers in core subjects, such as English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, among others.

According to him, this is in addition to the ongoing recruitment of 5, 000 teachers in the state whose salaries for one year after his exit from government had been saved in the bank.

He also said the state had already procured 500 buses from local manufacturers, Coscharis and Innoson, to be shared to public and private schools.

Other things he said would be provided to secondary schools before the end of the year include 25, 000 laptop installed, with full school syllables and books, generators, sick bays and internet connectivity.

On why the support is for both public and private schools, Governor Obi, who said some people raised that issue at the planning level, insisted that he was not concerned about ownership of those schools but the fact that they trained the children of the state.

He said he was encouraged because the massive support he gave to schools in the past had manifested in the improved performance of the schools in the state.

Earlier, Commissioner for Education, Dr. Mrs. Uju Okeke, said: “The event of today is one of 13 series of events to fully implemented Anambra State package on accelerative progress in the attainment of education for all in the state tagged final push.

“There is no doubt that our investment and efforts are yielding maximum results. Just recently the Basic Education Certificate Examination results released by our Exam Development Centre indicated that out of 46, 741 candidates who sat for the examination, 45, 196 (96.69 per cent) passed at Credit Levels and only 1, 545 (3.3 per cent) failed.

“In the last NECO examination into junior secondary schools, nationwide, Anambra State pupil took the overall first position. The Senior School Certificate Examination result analysis of WAEC recently released clearly shows that our schools are making significant improvement.”

In their own remarks, Commissioners for Local Government, Mrs. Azuka Enemuo and her Planning cCounterpart, Prof. Chinyere Okunna, said the good things coming to the state was because the governor had remained committed and focused in serving the people.

good move.
now it is time to move into pure infrastructural development - big shopping malls, large recreational facilities, modern times estates etc
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/obi-gives-n1bn-to-equip-school-labs-libraries/
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by divinegiftmodel: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2013
sundyke107: Thanks to our ameable Governor. For years to come our children born and unborn will ever remain grateful of your reign in Anambra state. BTW Obi might not be the best Governor in Nigeria but as far as infrastructural development is concerned, he is a figure to recon with. He talk less and do more which in my opinion should be adopted by other state Govs. I was in Anambra State for my traditional marriage/wedding and was impressed with the number of roads and other structures put in place by Obi's administration. We deserve more of icons like Peter Obi to move Nigeria forward. Once more, ride on my pragmatic Governor!!!

I am happy to be an Anambrarian from Ichi in Ekwusigo LGA.

Haters over to you....
which ichi . he completed contracts awarded by Etiaba .what of oraifite and nnewi , no meanful development . Those roads have ifespan of 5 years .what happens after he leaves office will be a headache to his successor .
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by shaks97(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2013
atleast we still have some good leaders Praise God cheesy
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by Dannylux: 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
obi is the man. let the coming governor not ruin his reputation
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by wasiudvd(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
Antivirus92: fool! Pity ur ekiti,ogbomosho,osun,ondo and so on and not anambra. Go back to ur cave, u will find out that ur brother has impregnated ur cousin. Bunch of inbreeders!

I will be very glad to go back today, its you pple that prefer to die in Kano, Maiduguri & co, instead of coming to your mud land.now I know why its like that sha. But if ekiti, osun, ondo r caves, what can we call this Anambra? Once again I pity u guyz.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by wasiudvd(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: ^
Who is this 'amala and ewedu' infested dolt from the poverty, mud house and rusted zinc ravaged oshun and yerobaland?

Mad man, from leaders to followers, you poeple always metion amala, ewedu, oil soup. Are you people this daft? So you don't know as languages differ, foods differ too? And there are plenty of you people in south-west living under rusted zinc, eating amala & ewedu plus oil soup to survive. Or you people never for once realize those cabbages you chew like ruminant animal are irirtating to us too? We don't always talk about then cox we are more civilized.
Re: Obi Gives N1bn To Equip School Labs And Libraries by ChinoIsBack: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
wasiudvd:

I will be very glad to go back today, its you pple that prefer to die in Kano, Maiduguri & co, instead of coming to your mud land.now I know why its like that sha. But if ekiti, osun, ondo r caves, what can we call this Anambra? Once again I pity u guyz.

It is tantamount like to a man from Ugandan saying he is pitying a man from America! lmao cheesy

Why not go back to your poverty infested yerobaland doted with the ocean of mud houses and rusted zincs in their state capitals. Don't worry I will soon start posting pictures of your slums and dungeons you guys call state capitals in yeroba land here and now. grin

You guys are still living in the 1500AD. Clowns!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? / Waec Syllabus Needed / Unn 3rd Supplementary List-out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.