Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522113 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
^^^Happy Sunday, Sister.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2013
Sal C: That's a pity. I saw it.

A real pity
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
chidima: @ ubenedictus, give us the answer to your question na.

@all, we hav to very careful what we read. Especially concerning the church. This is becos there are so many sites owned by sedecantists and we are there greatest enemies. Thats why you will see then calling all popes after vatican 2 heretics. So if answered ubenedictus question with any pope after vatican 2, then you have fallen into there trap.

As for our protestant brothers, we just have to tolerate then. Knowing fully well that the church extends salvation to them. Becos every truth they teach, comes from the catholic church. The diff between them and us is that we have the truth in its fullness while they don' t , but have only elements of the truth such as baptism. I tell my catchumens that our own judgement wil be more intense, becos God has given us all the graces we need never to miss heaven. That really should be our concern. You also have a duty to preach this truth which the church teaches to the protestant. Remember you can't teach sincerely if don't love.

That being said , i wish us all a happy sunday.
same 2 u. This is very good advice.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
popes honorius and vigilius. If u are discussing papal infallibility be careful when those names appear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
chidima: @ ubenedictus, give us the answer to your question na.

@all, we hav to very careful what we read. Especially concerning the church. This is becos there are so many sites owned by sedecantists and we are there greatest enemies. Thats why you will see then calling all popes after vatican 2 heretics. So if answered ubenedictus question with any pope after vatican 2, then you have fallen into there trap.

As for our protestant brothers, we just have to tolerate then. Knowing fully well that the church extends salvation to them. Becos every truth they teach, comes from the catholic church. The diff between them and us is that we have the truth in its fullness while they don' t , but have only elements of the truth such as baptism. I tell my catchumens that our own judgement wil be more intense, becos God has given us all the graces we need never to miss heaven. That really should be our concern. You also have a duty to preach this truth which the church teaches to the protestant. Remember you can't teach sincerely if don't love.

That being said , i wish us all a happy sunday.
Same to you sister.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: popes honorius and vigilius. If u are discussing papal infallibility be careful when those names appear.
Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
Hello Chidima , happy Sunday.
Happy sunday everyone
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
Sal C: No I learn to tolerate them quite early in life.
I tolerate them na .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

It is not a sin to want to stay away from heretics. After all, it could even be an act of piety if you're staying away to avoid insulting or fighting them.

Just dont take it too far. Do anything for the love of God and love of man and you're safe.

Love them...even if you want to avoid them for some reason. And dear brother, you know that LOVE is an ACTION word.

My humble opinion.
Thank you for your advice and wise words. Happy Sunday.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
POPE II: Hello Chidima , happy Sunday.
Happy sunday everyone
Same to ya
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
POPE II:
Thank you for your advice and wise words. Happy Sunday.

You're welcome. Happy Sunday.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: popes honorius and vigilius. If u are discussing papal infallibility be careful when those names appear.

Thanks bro...have to do some reading up.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
catholic Guru.

U ar jst good!!.. Tnkx bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:05am On Nov 18, 2013
Omniscient God, you told your people in proverbs 3:5 to trust in you with all their hearts and never to rely on their own understanding. You said that when we remember you and acknowledge you in all that we do, you wil direct our paths. You also assured us in Isaiah 30:21, that if we wander off the road to left or right, we will hear your voice say to us, "here is the road. Follow it". Show us now the right thing to do and right way to follow, in Jesus name, Amen.
Good mornin to you all.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: same 2 u. This is very good advice.

Thank you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 7:50am On Nov 18, 2013
Una welldone O. I kw av misd stuff here and i can't even start from d beginning jare. Sal directed me here. I think m happy to be here as a new student to interact and learn new things from my oga dem. emmm..... am I welcome in your midst?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:56am On Nov 18, 2013
Prayer well made gives much pleasure to the angels, and therefore it is much assisted by them; it gives great displeasure to the devils and therefore is much persecuted and disturbed by them. St John Chrysostom

Good morning brethren and do have a favoured day.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:06am On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn: Una welldone O. I kw av misd stuff here and i can't even start from d beginning jare. Sal directed me here. I think m happy to be here as a new student to interact and learn new things from my oga dem. emmm..... am I welcome in your midst?
over welcome sef.. Good to have u in our midst bro..

Sal.c pls welcom our bro Richieboyn.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn: Una welldone O. I kw av misd stuff here and i can't even start from d beginning jare. Sal directed me here. I think m happy to be here as a new student to interact and learn new things from my oga dem. emmm..... am I welcome in your midst?

See elder statesman dey ask permission. grin

Bro...sorry we couldn't communicate through pm...my email was having issues. If its still important, I can open another one so we can talk...

Welcome here
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2013
You are highly welcome to this home Richieboyn, relax, feel free for you are in the right place. We want to see you around as often as possible and the blessing of God will overflow in your life.

It is our pleasure to say to you once again "YOU ARE WELCOME"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn: Una welldone O. I kw av misd stuff here and i can't even start from d beginning jare. Sal directed me here. I think m happy to be here as a new student to interact and learn new things from my oga dem. emmm..... I AM SURE AM WELCOME HERE, YEAH VERY SURE
Fixed sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

Bro...sorry we couldn't communicate through pm...my email was having issues. If its still important, I can open another one so we can talk...

Welcome here
lol
no small elder statesman
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2013
woky: over welcome sef.. Good to have u in our midst bro..

Sal.c pls welcom our bro Richieboyn.

LOL.... tantu bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

Welcome here

EL OH EL. Elder statesman kor, me na smallie na. I de learn work for were u dy.
of course it is na. Person go see gold troway am? LOL... It'll be easier if we can communic8 via whatsapp, BBM, or any oda IM
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2013
Sal C: You are highly welcome to this home Richieboyn, relax, feel free for you are in the right place. We want to see you around as often as possible and the blessing of God will overflow in your life.

It is our pleasure to say to you once again "YOU ARE WELCOME"

Amen. Thanks dear. Emmm, are u the secretary of the thread? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2013
Sal C: Fixed sir.

LOL!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn:

Lol.. Which one be secretary again? Nay
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn:

EL OH EL. Elder statesman kor, me na smallie na. I de learn work for were u dy.
of course it is na. Person go see gold troway am? LOL... It'll be easier if we can communic8 via whatsapp, BBM, or any oda IM

Ok, here's my bb pin 7AB44C61
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2013
Richieboyn:

Lol
bros u funny o

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2013
abeg if any of una see chukwudi make una helep me tell am say Woky wan see am here!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sal C: Lol.. Which one be secretary again? Nay

emm, I observed correctly that ur d1 in charge of welcoming new comers grin so I tot datz ur own quota wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.