Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,104 members, 7,838,796 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520649 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
Good evening brethren. Have a wonderful and awesome night. Hoping for a great dream *winks*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 12:16am On Nov 30, 2013
@Rich4God,

hmm,smart phone kwa.......nooooooo

@woky,
ihotara ebe m si abia na.........na village village girl.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 12:17am On Nov 30, 2013
ehe, Francis,you don talk another one sha.
sweet dreams o!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:52am On Nov 30, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
@Rich4God,

hmm,smart phone kwa.......nooooooo

@woky,
ihotara ebe m si abia na.........na village village girl.
daalu
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2013
Good Jesus, according to your great marcy, have mercy on us. Most merciful Jesus, by that precious Blood which you willingly shed for sinners, we beg you to wash away all our sinfulness and look graciously upon me, a poor and unworthy sinner, as we call upon your holy Name. Therfore, Jesus, save us for the sake of your holy Name. Amen.

Goodmornin brethren, do have a peacful weekend

love u all

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2013
It is You whom I invoke O Lord, in the
morning You hear me. May the Almighty
God hear you as you call on Him today.
Amen.

Morning ppl

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2013
Be mindful of the way you live your life, you might be the only bible someone has the opportunity to read.

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed weekend.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2013
FrancisTony: Good evening brethren. Have a wonderful and awesome night. Hoping for a great dream *winks*
Hope your dream was great?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2013
woky: Good Jesus, according to your great marcy, have mercy on us. Most merciful Jesus, by that precious Blood which you willingly shed for sinners, we beg you to wash away all our sinfulness and look graciously upon me, a poor and unworthy sinner, as we call upon your holy Name. Therfore, Jesus, save us for the sake of your holy Name. Amen.

Goodmornin brethren, do have a peacful weekend

love u all
Amen o. Make God bless you yafu yafu.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
ehe, Francis,you don talk another one sha.
sweet dreams o!
You too don join the vigil crew abi?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Be mindful of the way you live your life, you might be the only bible someone has the opportunity to read.

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed weekend.
lolz

u ar right!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:05am On Nov 30, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
It is You whom I invoke O Lord, in the
morning You hear me. May the Almighty
God hear you as you call on Him today.
Amen.

Morning ppl
Amen

How ur people??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Amen o. Make God bless you yafu yafu.
dp
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Amen o. Make God bless you yafu yafu.
Amen..

Mother of 13 grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2013
jst watching syncan with out glases
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2013
The church celebrates today the feast of saint Andrew. The first disciple called by our Lord Jesus.
In the light of this celebration we are called to abandon our old ways of life just as saint Andrew and the other disciples abandoned everything to follow the Master and by learning from him, to teach others what they have learnt. As we enter into a new liturgical worship calendar the church calls us to imitate the life of this saint, that we may begin this liturgical worship year with the decision of following Christ in truth and in spirit. We should not imitate the old life of saint Augustine who said "God give me holiness, but not Today" grin
Today is the best time of leaving all unholiness behind to pursue holiness.

Saint Andrew is the patron saint of
Fishermen, fishmongers, mariners, Army Rangers, rope makers, singers and performers, Russia, Ukraine, diocese of Victoria and Greece.

Saint Andrew, pray 4 us.

Any Fisherman in the House? Behold your patron saint grin

Goodmorning smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2013
woky: jst watching syncan with out glases

hahahaha, woky!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2013
damerry: The church celebrates today the feast of saint Andrew. The first disciple called by our Lord Jesus.
In the light of this celebration we are called to abandon our old ways of life just as saint Andrew and the other disciples abandoned everything to follow the Master and by learning from him, to teach others what they have learnt. As we enter into a new liturgical worship calendar the church calls us to imitate the life of this saint, that we may begin this liturgical worship year with the decision of following Christ in truth and in spirit. We should not imitate the old life of saint Augustine who said "God give me holiness, but not Today" grin

Fishermen, fishmongers, mariners, Army Rangers, rope makers, singers and performers, Russia, Ukraine, diocese of Victoria and Greece.

Saint Andrew, pray 4 us.

Goodmorning smiley
st Andrew, pray 4 us
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2013
Since it's weekend, I decided to come up with the following questions, seeking for answers to them

1) Which saint is known as the 'dumb ox' and why?

2)Which pope is the 118th in the succession of popes and when did he reign?

3)Which Pope officially declared 'Amen' to be used at the end of prayers or hymn and when was his reign?

4) The use of Halleluyah in religious activities was officially declared by which Pope and when was his reign?

5) Which Pope was the first to change his name upon election because he felt unworthy bearing the name of the great apostle.( What was his name before papacy and also his papal name) when was his reign.

Happy weekend to you!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2013
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
And Amen to all your prayers
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2013
Syncan:

hahahaha, woky!
sire!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2013
damerry: The church celebrates today the feast of saint Andrew. The first disciple called by our Lord Jesus.

Saint Andrew, pray 4 us.

Goodmorning smiley
Woaw I want to be a fisherwoman.
St Andrew pray for us.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2013
POPE II: GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
And Amen to all your prayers
Oh POPEII from VaticanII good morning.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2013
st Andrew pray for us cool

Saint Andrew, pray 4 us.

Goodmorning smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2013
Apologies; wrong thread! Although it was a good/friendly post that can still be read here https://www.nairaland.com/1522201/defend-catholic-teachings-here/21#19892572

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Oh POPEII from VaticanII good morning.
good morning my child, how you dey?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2013
POPE II: good morning my child, how you dey?
Ayaf fainted!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Since it's weekend, I decided to come up with the following questions, seeking for answers to them

1) Which saint is known as the 'dumb ox' and why?

2)Which pope is the 118th in the succession of popes and when did he reign?

3)Which Pope officially declared 'Amen' to be used at the end of prayers or hymn and when was his reign?

4) The use of Halleluyah in religious activities was officially declared by which Pope and when was his reign?

5) Which Pope was the first to change his name upon election because he felt unworthy bearing the name of the great apostle.( What was his name before papacy and also his papal name) when was his reign.

Happy weekend to you!!!

Answer to number 1. Dumb Ox = the angelic doctor St. Thomas Aquinas. Make others try the rest, i no de greedy.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Syncan:

Answer to number 1. Dumb Ox = the angelic doctor St. Thomas Aquinas. Make others try the rest, i no de greedy.
you did not say why
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2013
POPE II: you did not say why

Its because of his built and demeanor. It was his teacher's exclamation when he failed his first theology thesis/exam.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Woaw I want to be a fisherwoman.
St Andrew pray for us.
oops, just Learnt that there is no more Vacancy for the post of a Fisher woman. undecided
On the brighter side there is innumerable vacancies for the post of fishers of women grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2013
Syncan:

CORRECT!

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.