Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge (16417 Views)

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! / Hugo Chávez, R.I.P.: He Empowered The Poor And Gutted Venezuela / Libyan Rebels Establish New Central Bank - Libya R.I.P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
So apart from waakye, what else have you eaten? Jollof am sure?

Jollof was imported to us back then, the oil soup and pepper-soup just alone because we have something similar in naija Thatz all
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
sadeiyare:

Jollof was imported to us back then, the oil soup and pepper-soup just alone because we have something similar in naija Thatz all
Even for breakfast, nothing? So it means you must cook a lot? I know it's nice eating your own food so if possible buy in stock and enjoy. But you need to at least taste all the food before you go back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
sadeiyare:

But I won't mind learning how to prepare that beaut¥ ¥ou posted back there about plantain and groundnut, don't be sting¥ now with the recipe undecided
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Even for breakfast, nothing? So it means you must cook a lot? I know it's nice eating your own food so if possible buy in stock and enjoy. But you need to at least taste all the food before you go back to Nigeria.

Don't tell an¥bod¥ please, because it is a secret ; I like bread a lot and can eat just that all da¥ moreover I am watching m¥ 2pac. grin
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:

Don't tell an¥bod¥ please, because it is a secret ; I like bread a lot and can eat just that all da¥ moreover I am watching m¥ 2pac. grin sure Pearl and taste I shall
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
sadeiyare:

But I won't mind learning how to prepare that beaut¥ ¥ou posted back then about plantain and groundnut, don't be sting¥ now with the recipe undecided
There are two versions. Plantain the one i showed you as well as yam and Cocoyam

Plantain Version
Ingredients:
serves 2
2 Riped plantains (Hard)
Pepper
Peanut Butter
Onion
Palm Oil
Roast Peanuts

Preparation
Boil plantains for 30 minutes
Boil onions and peppers for 5 minutes
Mash plantains in mortar and pestle till you get smooth texture
Grind onion, peppers and peanut paste till you get a smooth texture
Add peanut mixture to cooled mashed plantains and mix thoroughly
Add a little palm oil to the "Oto" until evenly mixed
Garnish "Oto" with roasted peanuts and avocado(Optional) or boiled eggs

Yaw version
MASHED YAMS WITH EGGS
Oto (West Africa)
2 cups mashed yams, or mashed white potatoes
2 tablespoons grated onions
3/4 cup melted palm oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ripe tomato, peeled and diced (optional)
6 hard-boiled eggs

Boil yams or potatoes, then mashed smoothly with a fork; or, prepare instant mashed potatoes using directions on package, but using water instead of milk. Prepare gravy in a saucepan by flying onions and seasoning in palm oil. Add tomatoes if desired. Remove from heat. Mash 2 egg yolks and stir into gravy. Stir gravy into mashed yams and mix well until color is even.Empty into a bowl and decorate with remaining whole eggs.

Serves 2 to 4
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Here is the pic again for those that missed it

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
There are two versions. Plantain the one i showed you as well as yam and Cocoyam

Plantain Version
Ingredients:
serves 2
2 Riped plantains (Hard)
Pepper
Peanut Butter
Onion
Palm Oil
Roast Peanuts

Preparation
Boil plantains for 30 minutes
Boil onions and peppers for 5 minutes
Mash plantains in mortar and pestle till you get smooth texture
Grind onion, peppers and peanut paste till you get a smooth texture
Add peanut mixture to cooled mashed plantains and mix thoroughly
Add a little palm oil to the "Oto" until evenly mixed
Garnish "Oto" with roasted peanuts and avocado(Optional) or boiled eggs

Yaw version
MASHED YAMS WITH EGGS
Oto (West Africa)
2 cups mashed yams, or mashed white potatoes
2 tablespoons grated onions
3/4 cup melted palm oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ripe tomato, peeled and diced (optional)
6 hard-boiled eggs

Boil yams or potatoes, then mashed smoothly with a fork; or, prepare instant mashed potatoes using directions on package, but using water instead of milk. Prepare gravy in a saucepan by flying onions and seasoning in palm oil. Add tomatoes if desired. Remove from heat. Mash 2 egg yolks and stir into gravy. Stir gravy into mashed yams and mix well until color is even.Empty into a bowl and decorate with remaining whole eggs.

Serves 2 to 4
Cooking time: 45 minutes

Thanks damsel, ¥ou sure if I eat this I won't blow-up must be reall¥ inviting ? shocked
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by achimotan(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
otumfour I greet you oooo
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
Now sadeiyare lets start with basic. They are lots of breakfast you can have but lets start with Koko. You can have Hausa koko (porridge), Bofrot (donut) and Koose (fried bean balls) or with bread. They sell it every day early in the morning outside you can get it like everywhere.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Am going to eat now. Starving!!! Enjoy the rest of your night guys
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Now sadeiyare lets start with basic. They are lots of breakfast you can have but lets start with Koko. You can have Hausa koko (porridge), Bofrot (donut) and Koose (fried bean balls) or with bread. They sell it every day early in the morning outside you can get it like everywhere.

Ermm me feel the¥ are not clean I am a menticulous person.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Am going to eat now. Starving!!! Enjoy the rest of your night guys

Me too and its bread toast but still waiting for the fresh bread to arrive
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 4:43am On Oct 08, 2013
I cant believe the op deactivated his account!
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Theben(m): 5:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Maybe he has another NL account.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:

Sure a lot of reincarnation happens on Nairaland but I might want to go for the reason of the Ghana-Naija fights, nice thread though
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Theben:
How did you get to know this? cool. Exploration has not yet started. My dad is from Igbanke while my mom is from Agbor. Bia guy, are you sure you are not a Nigerian disguising to be a Ghanaian?
lol, probably hs mother was among those road-syd nymphs that were deported wit gayna-must-go during the gayna must go era..he's a product of leaked condom. He's mad at every nigeria and nigerians becos hs "nigerian" father abandoned hm and gav him out to the chimp wrld..

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2013

Better still a Nigerian living in Ghana will understand them better ; M¥ brother a Ghanaian is not and I repeat NOT a Nigerian, the¥ are cool more relaxed and wonderful people. M¥ dad once said from experience and interaction widel¥ he discovered that there are two kinds of people in this world, not ¥our tribe and other tribes, nation and other nationalities, black and white but THE GOOD PEOPLE AND BAD PEOPLE.Trust me from the few mornings and evenings I have experienced m¥self I have come to know that those other issues don't reall¥ hold water.
hey! Are u a nigerian? You aint man. No one gav u that title.
Probably if u're a nigerian, then ya father didnt tel u the truth.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 8:59am On Oct 08, 2013
PetroDolla:

OMG, You are right, Otumfour. grin He’s very disguting. The animal is beyond ugly. grin grin grin grin

Damn fuggly dog cool looked as if he'd not eaten in weeks grin grin grin http://www.trust.org/item/20130802133804-q9gs8
roforofo water don pass garri, abi? Illiterate bastard!

Thank God I wasn’t eating when I looked at this…… shocked cool

Nigeria is a giant azzhole inhabited by small pieces of sh1t grin

Hahahaha life expectancy of 52 years summarizes the misery in that sh1thole. Chei, grin grin grin

lol, see d way the chimp was so happy wen i(a nigerian) insulted hm...i believe u were jumping 4m tree to tree wen u posted ths. Lol. Maybe u even told ya friends that a nigerian insulted u , and they were lyk "wow, dude you are d real man, hw do i get insulted by dis nigerian" you were lyk "join nairaland". It z well man. Wit time u could turn human, cos u stil undergoing metamorphosis.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 9:30am On Oct 08, 2013
K4: hahahahahahahaha damn fuggly ape grin
lol, coming 4m a banku eating and an azonto dancing chimp....wit my present look, i am a god to every gaynaian dude...y'all are bigheaded(bigger than nadia sa' hip), round in shape, dwaff, charcoalised(enough to overshadow d sun), small d1ck that cnt even mak a female butter- fly scream, nt to talk of satisying it.no wonder ya women run to us 4 servicing...if i were close to u nw, i'd giving u a sound slap. Enough that it sound would raise late attah mill 4m the grave.....chimp get it into ya damn skull. i'm ya earthly god. Nw hit ya head on the floor and say "allah akhbar to tonylyte they god"

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Why were they so happy whilst i was away? Were they happy 4 using internet wit humans or wat? Oh! I see, the banana and plantain discussion brought them here. Sorry dude, banana and plantain are'nt grown on net, neighter could it b givn on net......nw gaynaian dudes. Go and continue ya miserable life in the beer-palour where u sit and gossip evry hardwrking foreignerz..
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2013
K4: hahahahahahahaha damn fuggly ape grin
lol, coming 4m a banku eating and an azonto dancing chimp....wit my present look, i am a god to every gaynaian dude...y'all are bigheaded(bigger than nadia sa' hip), round in shape, dwaff, charcoalised(enough to overshadow d sun), small d1ck that cnt even mak a female butter- fly scream, nt to talk of satisying it.no wonder ya women run to us 4 servicing...if i were close to u nw, i'd giving u a sound slap. Enough that it sound would raise late attah mill 4m the grave.....chimp get it into ya damn skull. i'm ya earthly god. Nw hit ya head on the floor and say "allah akhbar to tonylyte they god"

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Tonylyte:
lol, coming 4m a banku eating and an azonto dancing chimp....wit my present look, i am a god to every gaynaian dude...y'all are bigheaded[b](bigger than nadia sa' hip),[/b] round in shape, dwaff, charcoalised(enough to overshadow d sun), small d1ck that cnt even mak a female butter- fly scream, nt to talk of satisying it.no wonder ya women run to us 4 servicing...if i were close to u nw, i'd giving u a sound slap. Enough that it sound would raise late attah mill 4m the grave.....chimp get it into ya damn skull. i'm ya earthly god. Nw hit ya head on the floor and say "allah akhbar to tonylyte they god"
Tony!!!! This is the 2nd time I local search my name nd I find this!!

Chaii silly u.,
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
nadia_SA: Tony!!!! This is the 2nd time I local search my name nd I find this!!

Chaii silly u.,
lol....ya adamma, ya hip is tha dhope gurl. Nw shake it 4 dem gaynaian chims to knw wah ah meant...shake, shake, shake that thing. nwayo! Nwayo biko nu!
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Too many young kids on Nairaland and when i look @ their profile pics then i understand why. Smdh
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by collynzo2(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
<= Monitoring Proceedings =>
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
collynzo2: <= Monitoring Proceedings =>
You have finally arrived. Surprised you took this long
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Too many young kids on Nairaland and when i look @ their profile pics then i understand why. Smdh

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan:

Sure a lot of reincarnation happens on Nairaland but I might want to go for the reason of the Ghana-Naija fights, nice thread though
Welcome to the thread. Are you a Ghanaian?
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Welcome to the thread. Are you a Ghanaian?

From the way I see this thread I think I will be safer if my nationality is kept personal, but I am presently in Ghana.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan:

From the way I see this thread I think I will be safer if my nationality is kept personal, but I am presently in Ghana.
Lol okay smiley
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
House, I have this Nigerian friend that got married to a Ghanaian lady this year in Ghana and from interactions with him his in-laws are giving him some stress and from the comment here on this thread it seems there is this divide between parents allowing Ghana-Nigerai marriages ; My question is this, do the singles of marriageable age feel this same sentinments in both countries

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Russia to Biden: 'You Act Like A Hollywood Cowboy, a huge shame to the US' / UK Nurse In Kate Middleton Radio Prank Call Committs Suicide / Russia Using 'hybrid Warfare' Tactics To Push Migrants Over Finnish Border.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.