Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) (6208 Views)

Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai / Saraki Unfolds Agenda For Nigeria As He Takes Over NASS / Rally:youth Take Over Kaduna Street ,praising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2013
Youth takes on lawmaker over NASS expenditure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUA_yIRjhwY

Youths Demand Disclosure Of NASS Expenditure

Following the continued stand-off between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union Of Universities (ASUU), which has lingered for close to three months now, Nigerian Youths from different youth groups today stormed the National Assembly, making various demands of the lawmakers, most of which border on the federal lawmakers’ income.

The protesting youths who were carrying placards to drive home their demands to federal law makers, were unmoved for several hours, as they sang with the hope that the leadership of the National Assembly will address them.

After some lawmakers had addressed them, they requested to know the management of the budgetary allocation of the national assembly from 2005, publication of the attendance list for each plenary session, publication of functional e-mail addresses, phone numbers and constituency offices of all federal law makers and publication of voting records on all the constitutional amendments.

Reacting to the demands, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Information, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe offered to engage the protesting youths in a debate on national issues as it affects the National Assembly.

The Senator advised the youths to channel their demands through the appropriate medium if they want information on the expenditure of the National Assembly members.

Senator Abaribe also promised to make public his personal documents like his pay slip to quell the anger of the protesting youths.

Source
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by talktimi(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2013
I have always been a strong advocate of an at least 70% deduction in all financial emoluments accruable to our national assembly members and further more payment on part time or per sitting basis since being an NA member isnt a full time job. Besides what is hardship allowance ?

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Maafiaalady: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2013
NASS shld listen to d voice of the youth.....soon amma make it to d top!
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by jonescyras(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by fingard02k(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2013
ok
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2013
I hope they won't start sending police troops to start killing them. undecided
coz its their normal routine!

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by pmc01(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2013
What is the right channel he advised them to follow?

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2013
The Youths are waking up...just very soon we shall get there!!!

4 Likes

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Akin89(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2013
Does that end ASUU strike?
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by eddiegate(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2013
Space booked
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Standing5(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2013
talktimi: Besides what is hardship allowance ?
Hardship allowance is the allowance for the hardship they go through when lifting other allowances in Ghana must go bags, or do you think they like going through all these public aeionnttt?

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Brimmie(m): 11:23am On Oct 06, 2013
Confam!!
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by kaeto(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2013
I see change coming to Nigeria like a thunder storm, it starts gradually in this manner and gathers momentum. The thieves at the helm will not escape the wrath of jobless souls who would be trooping in in droves by trucks and lorries 'till aso rock and its senseless occupants is brought down to roubles in flames..

3 Likes

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Danhumprey: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2013
They better not joke with this! We have a right to know their financial management,because it has been an issue of constant riff among the populace.

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by anytexy: 11:35am On Oct 06, 2013
quit comendable, but which other channel are they talking about. Hissss
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 06, 2013
we all need to unite nd come together as one nd protest to drive hom our demands....lets leave yinka he has received a handshake from the government and the guy has smile to the bank

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by BabaEleko(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2013
Fellow Nigerians!!!! Your future is in ur hand. REVOLUTION IS THE ANSWER!!!

3 Likes

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by 5megabyte: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2013
I think ASUU has started a chain reaction that will go round all sectors, if I was NANS and other youth associations, thiss will be the time to match all unemployed and undergraduate youths on the national assembly for a 1 month occupation untill all corruption is rooted out. Also remember that the legislooters salaries aren't the only culprit which is the mistake many people have been making, many agencies are terribly overpaid, why? A manager in nnpc gets annual housing allowance of N5m why? If he is given N1m and the rest used to employ 10 nigerian youths will that be too much? Go to ncc, bpe, dpr, ptdf, nimasa, firs, cbn etc and u get the same. In cbn a directors monthly pension is still above N1m why? This is after going home with a severance pay (gratuity) of about N80m, my brother in a poor country why?

3 Likes

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by simplyOJ(m): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2013
Demanding for the details of salaries & allowances of our Parliamentarians is a good start. I also pity them because their salaries & allowances has faced publc scrutiny over time, hence people do easily point at them when issues about making more money available for other vital economic concerns are discussed. If only we know what is going on at the nnpc, bpe, cbn, firs, etc you will come to realize that, there are other mind boggling allowances & salaries being paid to some officers at the executive arm. It just happens that the Legislators are our representatives and the nass seems the only avenue accessable for now we can easily ventilate our frustrations and anger from the ineffiency of the system. Kudos to the youth, we can always begin from somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 06, 2013
Standing5: Hardship allowance is the allowance for the hardship
they go through when lifting other allowances in Ghana must go bags, or do you think they like going through all these public aeionnttt?

Bruv, u cudnt have said it better. This people milk us so dry without even thinking abt our future. It's a good thing our youths are waking up to the reality of life.

Support

"National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)"

today to get govt officials forced to do what they are obligated to do. Dont sit at the fence! It's time to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hear me! I have a dream! I see a month when the falcons won't take the slogan of the falconers in this country.

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by easyfem(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is interesting, let kick some ass in that abuja... Let say no to dem . Since I was born and I'm getting old , av never c constituency project . And dey are paying our senators and honorable. God punish devil... We av so much confusion and we need a resolution
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by whoelse1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
Enoff of all dese! Less talk and more action! I wish we could just be as stubborn as d egyptians did to oust deir power,corrupt intoxicated leader out of power! If we can all come together with one voice oooo and match to dat aso rock, I tell you we go perform wonders! REVOLUTION REMAINS d only solution to our problems...

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by whoelse1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
If you check, none of deir kids school here! Why would they want to resolve or make d educational sector work when it's got nofin 2do wiv dem! See I dey vex, I fit kill person oooo...
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by chimchim1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
But wait oooooooo. How can a group of people less than 500 representing over 150 million people spend 3% of the the national budget. It's criminal. Not to talk of hardship allowance. If those enjoying our money re being paid hardship allowance, what will they pay the masses who re the real definition of hardship? May God help us. I think we will get to the right place one day. My advice to the youths is to vote for the right person during any election irrespective of their part. If pdp brings a good candidate in a particular election vote for person not party and if its apc do same thing so dt with time all parties will always present good candidates.

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by CastleandGreen: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Everyone in this country wants a change despirately but no one is really ready to rise up and cause the change. Until the youths in this nation Nigeria are ready than the change we need will come, but till then lets keep wait for who will hang the bell on the cat‘s neck.

4 Likes

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by theoctopus: 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
simplyOJ: Asking for the details of salaries of our Parliamentarians is a good start. I also pity them because their own salaries & allowances has been exposed to publc scrutiny over time, hence people can always point at them at any point in time. If only people know what is going on in the Executive arm, you will come to know that, that of the legislature is child's play. It just happens that the Legislators are our representatives and they seems to be the only avenue for now we can easily ventilate our frustrations and anger from that comes from the system. Kudos to the youth, we can always begin from somewhere.

Are you serious? The legislature have been getting away with blue murder! All eyes are on the executive. The executive can't collect such crazy salaries. They could be corrupt, but they cannot legitimately allocate such allowances to themselves. The salaries and allowances of. the executive is public knowledge including that of the president. Like I said before, ministers and other members of the executive can only make money through kickbacks and stuff like that, not through outrageous allowances and allocations like the nass.

1 Like

Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
CastleandGreen: Everyone in this country wants a change despirately but no one is really ready to rise up and cause the change. Until the youths in this nation Nigeria are ready than the change we need will come, but till then lets keep wait for who will hang the bell on the cat‘s neck.

The youths are ready, we only need someone to lead/start. Will you?
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by alfredfrddy(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
It is about time God blows out "misleader" in the north-east wind. Youths arise, gird your loins, take that which is in your hand and lets all match forward. REVOLUTION ALL THE WAY IS THE ABSOLUTE WAY
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by alfredfrddy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
alfredfrddy: Nigerian Youths from different youth groups today stormed the National Assembly, making various demands of the lawmakers, most of which border on the federal lawmakers’ income.
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by mekky2012(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
I think this is the time for the youth τ̅☺ stand up τ̅☺ the truth. Fellow nairalanders, it doesn't stop at commenting, its time we take the bull by the horn. Arranging for a meeting point would be a good start for all youths τ̅☺ stage a protest which will result in a revolution. Enough of suffering in our own fathers' land...... Please lend ur opinion on the way forward
Re: Youth Take On Lawmaker Over NASS Expenditure (video) by MEGAWATCH: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
SENATORS AND OTHER GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS PAY THEMSELVES HIGH SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES AND ALSO FILL ALL IMPORTANT VACANT POSITIONS IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS WITH THEIR FAMILIES AND GIRLFRIENDS. PEPPER NO GO EVER REST IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL WE DEAL WITH THESE SET OF MONSTERS PRETENDING TO REPRESENT US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Money To Pay Pensions, Gratuities – Enugu Governor / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto / Tinubu's Visit: The Clothes On The Buildings In A Megacity Is An Eyesore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.