Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} (3571 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 4:53am On Oct 13, 2013
macof: I pity you. You are the lost one, wat a wasted life and shame to your ancestors you have become
No problem,thank u.....I wont enter into a war words with u....But go to that ur thread and answer those questions i asked u there!!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
You will do good,if only you open ur mind....

and what makes you think am not? pls scrutinize your heart and see whether you are not the one being close minded.

You said,and i quote "Jesus is God,but not God Almighty"...
So,why do you find it hard to believe that He is God the Son? Whats so hard to believe?...
You believe He is the Son of God,good...

that he is god doesnt make him almighy. so no need to put it God the son. for that will mean that angels are also God the sons.

Do you want us to go into The Existence of God and The Characteristics and everything about God in a Philosophical way? Do you want us to go deep into the Mystery of God? which i know you know nothing of,except what Your "Awake" tells u!
Do you want us to go into Theodicy? You seem to think that you know God,but i bet you,if you know God from the Philosophical perspective as i do,You will stop exposing your ignorance in Public!!

1. philosophy was what corrupted the true teaching of Christ. The bible warned against this, but so sad this caught many which you ve been a victim.

2. Your God is a mystery to you. i tell you as far as God is a mystery to you, forget eternal life.

John 17:3 KJV
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Human wisdom cant lead you to the knowledge of God, He will always be a mystery to you until you look for Him thru a Godly wisdom.

3. about Awake. it seems like that is the only one you know. ok, tell me, why do you use an english translation written by somebody, why use lexicon, bible dictionary, how did you learn about God, and you ve never known anything about God with the book written by another person?

Oya use your philosophy, go into theodicy and see how the bible will prove you wrong now.

waiting...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
JMAN05:

and what makes you think am not? pls scrutinize your heart and see whether you are not the one being close minded.

that he is god doesnt make him almighy. so no need to put it God the son. for that will mean that angels are also God the sons.

1. philosophy was what corrupted the true teaching of Christ. The bible warned against this, but so sad this caught many which you ve been a victim.

2. Your God is a mystery to you. i tell you as far as God is a mystery to you, forget eternal life.

John 17:3 KJV
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Human wisdom cant lead you to the knowledge of God, He will always be a mystery to you until you look for Him thru a Godly wisdom.

3. about Awake. it seems like that is the only one you know. ok, tell me, why do you use an english translation written by somebody, why use lexicon, bible dictionary, how did you learn about God, and you ve never known anything about God with the book written by another person?

Oya use your philosophy, go into theodicy and see how the bible will prove you wrong now.

waiting...
Like i said previously, The Perfect knowledge of God remains a mystery,and it is undisputable.
Like i have said in that Jesus being Angel Michael Thread,The greatest aid done to the Bible is to translate it to English,which is God's doing,because,English is the most Spoke language on Earth....In its original form,i wouldnt have understood what the Bible is about,and i would nt be saved;which is nt what God intended..God intended that His words circulate the Earth in a language each will understand..So,get that ur English lexicon to rest.....
The problem is,when God reveals a small atom of Himself to a person,the Person wil think he knows God very well,and starts speaking from that view,forgetting that there are a whole lot of other atoms of God he knows nothing About....
Okay,lets get into philosophy..
1}Where did God come from?
2}Where have God been b4 he created the universe?
3}God is Spirit...So how does a Spirit have a Spirit in Him?
4}Genesis1:2,Where did the waters{Oceans} that the Spirit of God hovered in come from?Expecially,since nothing was created yet?
....Do well to answer this and dont dodge anyone,since u claim to know God...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Like i said previously, The Perfect knowledge of God remains a mystery,and it is undisputable.
Like i have said in that Jesus being Angel Michael Thread,The greatest aid done to the Bible is to translate it to English,which is God's doing,because,English is the most Spoke language on Earth....In its original form,i wouldnt have understood what the Bible is about,and i would nt be saved;which is nt what God intended..God intended that His words circulate the Earth in a language each will understand..So,get that ur English lexicon to rest.....
The problem is,when God reveals a small atom of Himself to a person,the Person wil think he knows God very well,and starts speaking from that view,forgetting that there are a whole lot of other atoms of God he knows nothing About....
4}Genesis1:2,Where did the waters{Oceans} that the Spirit of God hovered in come from?Expecially,since nothing was created yet?
I would like to see the Christians answer this questions. Cause all you guys do is run away from.questions
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: I would like to see the Christians answer this questions. Cause all you guys do is run away from.questions
Abi...
It is not for our own Good to start thinking about it,bcuz no matter how hard u try,u wil end up confusing urself...
Its just like a Car or Cellphone demanding to know how the person that built them came about...{am nt demeaning humans to cars,but its an example}...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Abi...
It is not for our own Good to start thinking about it,bcuz no matter how hard u try,u wil end up confusing urself...
Its just like a Car or Cellphone demanding to know how the person that built them came about...{am nt demeaning humans to cars,but its an example}...
dumb comments as usual
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: I would like to see the Christians answer this questions. Cause all you guys do is run away from.questions
Abi...
All the car holds his owner is to make him happy by delivering according to specifications,and then when nt properly working.the owner will decide whether or nt to service the car,depending on how Good it has served him{although God does much more,cuz his love for Mr A is same for Mr B...it just depends on the manner each approached Him}...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Abi...
All the car holds his owner is to make him happy by delivering according to specifications,and then when nt properly working.the owner will decide whether or nt to service the car,depending on how Good it has served him{although God does much more,cuz his love for Mr A is same for Mr B...it just depends on the manner each approached Him }...
pls can I clarify one thing? what God are you talking about in the bolded? Olodumare?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: pls can I clarify one thing? what God are you talking about in the bolded? Olodumare?
What does Olodumare mean in English?
Thats how i can clarify u...
In Igboland, GOD==>CHUKWU
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
What does Olodumare mean in English?
Thats how i can clarify u...
In Igboland, GOD==>CHUKWU

lmao am so happy u agree dat the pagans worship God, regardless of names in different languages.
God is God.
But a few comments above you claim the pagans don't know God that it's satan we worship.
Why being hypocrite? Why show your core Christian character of hypocrisy? Lmao it's official

CHRISTIANS ARE TWO MOUTHED HYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof:
lmao am so happy u agree dat the pagans worship God, regardless of names in different languages.
God is God.
But a few comments above you claim the pagans don't know God that it's satan we worship.
Why being hypocrite? Why show your core Christian character of hypocrisy? Lmao it's official

CHRISTIANS ARE TWO MOUTHED HYPOCRITES

Thats untrue bro....
Once You are not worshipping God through the right Way,you are worshipping the Devil....You may have it mind that u are worshipping God,bt bcus u r nt doing it 2ru the right medium,you are Worshipping Devil...
KNOW THIS:
Apart from God and Jesus Christ,Devil is the Next most powerful being alive...Thats what u fail to understand...THE DEVIL HAS GREAT POWERS.....You can imagine him telling Jesus to Bow before him as just a clue
You believe u are worshipping God,but it is not through the right way...Thats the Point!!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Thats untrue bro....
Once You are not worshipping God through the right Way,you are worshipping the Devil....You may have it mind that u are worshipping God,bt bcus u r nt doing it 2ru the right medium,you are Worshipping Devil...
KNOW THIS:
Apart from God and Jesus Christ,Devil is the Next most powerful being alive...Thats what u fail to understand...THE DEVIL HAS GREAT POWERS.....You can imagine him telling Jesus to Bow before him as just a clue
You believe u are worshipping God,but it is not through the right way...Thats the Point!!
sad I cry for you.

May Orunmila bless you with wisdom
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:

If you mean the complete knowledge of God, then you will be right by saying we cannot know all about God, that doesnt mean that He is a mystery. just like You dont know all about your father, which doesnt make him a mystery. We dont need to know all about Him.

Like i have said in that Jesus being Angel Michael Thread,[b}The greatest aid done to the Bible is to translate it to English,which is God's doing,because,English is the most Spoke language on Earth[/b]....In its original form,i wouldnt have understood what the Bible is about,and i would nt be saved;which is nt what God intended..God intended that His words circulate the Earth in a language each will understand..So,get that ur English lexicon to rest.....

1. that God helped so that the bible be written in amother language by humans, is it not an indication that you must be helped by someone to understand whom God is?

Even bible writers do consult other writings.

2. Your throwing lexicon away shows that you dont understand what lexicon is. the philosophy you are mentioning wasnt invented by you. keep deceiving yourself.

1. No beginning, no end. Psalms 90:2

2. In heaven

3. His spirit is his active impersonal force.

4. in the beginning God created the heavens and earth. gen1:1. the heaven and earth at this time came into existence but formless. the earth and heaven has not been fully created, ie it doesnt have the form we see today. and land(or earth) had never appeared but it is still below the water.

So water and some things have been there but had not been organized.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
philfearon:
4}Genesis1:2,Where did the waters{Oceans} that the Spirit of God hovered in come from? Expecially, since nothing was created yet?
....Do well to answer this and don't dodge anyone, since u claim to know God...

1}Where did God come from? Isaiah 57:15 "...The High and Lofty One who dwells in eternity."

2}Where have God been b4 he created the universe? Ephesians 1:23 "...the fullness of the one who fills everything in every way."

3}God is Spirit...So how does a Spirit have a Spirit in Him? God is more than just Spirit. He is a Spirit. He is a personality.
His Spirit is His Power. Luke 1:35 "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High [/b]will overshadow you..."; [b]His Spirit is His Wisdom. Isaiah 11:2 "And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom...";
His Spirit is His Glory. Numbers 11:25,26 And[b] the LORD came down in a cloud[/b]…"; 1Peter 4:14 "...for the spirit of glory and of
God rests upon you..." God is Mystery personified. His Spirit is His whole essence!

4} Genesis1:2 Where did the waters{Oceans} that the Spirit of God hovered in come from? Genesis 1:1-2 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." In verse 1, God has already made the heaven and the earth. The water was there already as an evidence of life preparatory to the creation of living things. It was from it that dry land appeared in verse 9.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
JMAN05:

If you mean the complete knowledge of God, then you will be right by saying we cannot know all about God, that doesnt mean that He is a mystery. just like You dont know all about your father, which doesnt make him a mystery. We dont need to know all about Him.

1. that God helped so that the bible be written in amother language by humans, is it not an indication that you must be helped by someone to understand whom God is?

Even bible writers do consult other writings.

2. Your throwing lexicon away shows that you dont understand what lexicon is. the philosophy you are mentioning wasnt invented by you. keep deceiving yourself.

1. No beginning, no end. Psalms 90:2

2. In heaven

3. His spirit is his active impersonal force.

4. in the beginning God created the heavens and earth. gen1:1. the heaven and earth at this time came into existence but formless. the earth and heaven has not been fully created, ie it doesnt have the form we see today. and land(or earth) had never appeared but it is still below the water.

So water and some things have been there but had not been organized.
You could have just closed ur mouth,you know? isnt it a pity,you claim to know God but u dnt know God.................
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
ravgach:

1}Where did God come from? Isaiah 57:15 "...The High and Lofty One who dwells in eternity."

2}Where have God been b4 he created the universe? Ephesians 1:23 "...the fullness of the one who fills everything in every way."

3}God is Spirit...So how does a Spirit have a Spirit in Him? God is more than just Spirit. He is a Spirit. He is a personality.
His Spirit is His Power. Luke 1:35 "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High [/b]will overshadow you..."; [b]His Spirit is His Wisdom. Isaiah 11:2 "And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom...";
His Spirit is His Glory. Numbers 11:25,26 And[b] the LORD came down in a cloud[/b]…"; 1Peter 4:14 "...for the spirit of glory and of
God rests upon you..." God is Mystery personified. His Spirit is His whole essence!

4} Genesis1:2 Where did the waters{Oceans} that the Spirit of God hovered in come from? Genesis 1:1-2 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." In verse 1, God has already made the heaven and the earth. The water was there already as an evidence of life preparatory to the creation of living things. It was from it that dry land appeared in verse 9.
You tried,but you and i know that thats not the answer to the question i asked bro...........
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
philfearon:
You could have just closed ur mouth,you know? isnt it a pity,you claim to know God but u dnt know God.................

You ve not said anything.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
JMAN05:

You ve not said anything.
I have come to know your level of comprehension,and frankly speaking,you should stop showing ur ignorance in public...Just an advice though!
I told you that God is Mystery,and you said its a lie..I asked u 4 simple questions,and you Flawed yourself!! You could have Shut up!!!
Hope u have seen the answer i gave to that ur childish analogy in that "Angel Michael is Jesus " thread?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2013
philfearon:
I have come to know your level of comprehension,and frankly speaking,you should stop showing ur ignorance in public...Just an advice though!
I told you that God is Mystery,and you said its a lie..I asked u 4 simple questions,and you Flawed yourself!! You could have Shut up!!!
Hope u have seen the answer i gave to that ur childish analogy in that "Angel Michael is Jesus " thread?

The truth about the Godhead, which is commonly called Trinity, is a very clear teaching of the Scriptures. I think we should stop at that and avoid personal disagreements.

Arguments about how God looks like or His make-up, is not very essential to our salvation. God is who He is and we cannot change Him by our arguments. Although wrong notion about Him can lead an individual or organization to several other errors, the most important thing is that an individual has personal relationship with Him through repentance from 'dead works' and acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior. That way, God Himself will show the individual through the scriptures who He really is.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2013
philfearon:

The three Personalities in the Godhead share similar attributes, some of which are as follows:

THE FATHER is referred to as:
1. The God of Power. Psalm 62:11 "...That power belongs to God. "Yours, LORD, is the greatness
and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor..." 1 Chronicles 29:11
2. The God of Wisdom. Proverbs 2:6 "For the LORD gives wisdom..."
3. The God of Glory. Ephesians 1:17 "...the Father of glory..."
4. The God of Truth. Psalm 31:5 "...O LORD God of truth."
5. The Water. Jeremiah 2:13 "For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living
waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water."
6. The Lord. Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the Lord Our God..."

THE HOLY SPIRIT is referred to as:

1. The Power of God. Luke 1:35 "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High [/b]will overshadow you...";
2. The Wisdom of God. Isaiah 11:2 "And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom...";
3. The Glory of God. Numbers 11:25,26 And[b] the LORD came down in a cloud
…"; 1Peter 4:14 "...for the spirit of glory and of
God rests upon you..." .
4. The Spirit of Truth. John 16:3 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes..."
5. The Water of life. "He who believes in Me from his innermost being will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke of the Spirit"
6. The Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

THE SON (JESUS) is referred to as:

1. The Power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24 "Christ the power of God..."
2. The Wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24 "Christ the wisdom of God."
3. The Glory of God. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelled among us, (and we beheld his glory…" "Now, Father, bring me
into the glory we shared before the world began..." John 17:5
4. The Truth. John 14:6 "I am the...truth..."
5. The Water. John 4:10 “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and
he would have given you living water.”
6. The Lord. John 20:28 "My Lord and my God!"

Also check out these few scriptures:

Ephesians 2:18 "For through him (Jesus) we both have access by one Spirit (Holy Spirit) to the Father (God the Father).

John 3:34 "For He (Jesus) whom God (The Father) has sent speaks the words of God; for He (God) gives Him (Jesus) the Spirit (Holy Spirit) without measure."

Acts 10:38 "How God (The Father) anointed Jesus (The Son) of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit) and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, THE FATHER, THE WORD (JESUS), and THE HOLY GHOST: and these three are one."

2 Corinthians 13:14 "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen."
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
philfearon:
You tried,but you and i know that thats not the answer to the question i asked bro...........

Thank you. Like I said, there is no way we can completely find out God or have complete knowledge of his doings. We shall know these things in the fullness of all things when we have by His Grace made it to eternal life by obedience of scriptures and acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savoir.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
ravgach:

The three Personalities in the Godhead share similar attributes, some of which are as follows:

THE FATHER is referred to as:
1. The God of Power. Psalm 62:11 "...That power belongs to God. "Yours, LORD, is the greatness
and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor..." 1 Chronicles 29:11
2. The God of Wisdom. Proverbs 2:6 "For the LORD gives wisdom..."
3. The God of Glory. Ephesians 1:17 "...the Father of glory..."
4. The God of Truth. Psalm 31:5 "...O LORD God of truth."
5. The Water. Jeremiah 2:13 "For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living
waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water."
6. The Lord. Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the Lord Our God..."

THE HOLY SPIRIT is referred to as:

1. The Power of God. Luke 1:35 "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High [/b]will overshadow you...";
2. The Wisdom of God. Isaiah 11:2 "And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom...";
3. The Glory of God. Numbers 11:25,26 And[b] the LORD came down in a cloud
…"; 1Peter 4:14 "...for the spirit of glory and of
God rests upon you..." .
4. The Spirit of Truth. John 16:3 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes..."
5. The Water of life. "He who believes in Me from his innermost being will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke of the Spirit"
6. The Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

THE SON (JESUS) is referred to as:

1. The Power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24 "Christ the power of God..."
2. The Wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24 "Christ the wisdom of God."
3. The Glory of God. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelled among us, (and we beheld his glory…" "Now, Father, bring me
into the glory we shared before the world began..." John 17:5
4. The Truth. John 14:6 "I am the...truth..."
5. The Water. John 4:10 “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and
he would have given you living water.”
6. The Lord. John 20:28 "My Lord and my God!"

Also check out these few scriptures:

Ephesians 2:18 "For through him (Jesus) we both have access by one Spirit (Holy Spirit) to the Father (God the Father).

John 3:34 "For He (Jesus) whom God (The Father) has sent speaks the words of God; for He (God) gives Him (Jesus) the Spirit (Holy Spirit) without measure."

Acts 10:38 "How God (The Father) anointed Jesus (The Son) of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit) and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, THE FATHER, THE WORD (JESUS), and THE HOLY GHOST: and these three are one."

2 Corinthians 13:14 "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all. Amen."
Thank u my dear....Keep on preaching and saying the right thing....Thats the only thing we can do to contain all these erroneous mesages roaming around everywhere!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
ravgach:

Thank you. Like I said, there is no way we can completely find out God or have complete knowledge of his doings. We shall know these things in the fullness of all things when we have by His Grace made it to eternal life by obedience of scriptures and acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savoir.
Exactly bro..This is the point i was trying to Prove to that JMANO5 guy,but his ignorance and Stup.idi.t.y got the better of him!!
Thats why JW alwaz end up arguing in every home they go to preach...They think they Know,hope someone will help me tell them the Definition of a "F.O.O.L" is one day!!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
philfearon:
Exactly bro..This is the point i was trying to Prove to that JMANO5 guy,but his ignorance and Stup.idi.t.y got the better of him!!
Thats why JW alwaz end up arguing in every home they go to preach...They think they Know,hope someone will help me tell them the Definition of a "F.O.O.L" is one day!!

It will not be correct to call people name on the basis of what they believe. Yes, we may say it is erroneous not be accept the Deity of Christ, but we must be people of empathy. We must be patient with them and wait on the Lord in prayer for them to have full understanding of who He really is. Do not forget there was a time we did not know even a bit of what they know now not to speak of what we now know. We also have commandment of the Lord, to SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
ravgach:

It will not be correct to call people name on the basis of what they believe. Yes, we may say it is erroneous not be accept the Deity of Christ, but we must be people of empathy. We must be patient with them and wait on the Lord in prayer for them to have full understanding of who He really is. Do not forget there was a time we did not know even a bit of what they know now not to speak of what we now know. We also have commandment of the Lord, to SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE.
I am beginning to Love You bro...Yeah,i have been making that mistake of trying to be insistive always as regards to the Likes of JMANO5,Which makes me use obscene words sometimes...But i will try to put a stop to it.....
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
philfearon:

another divertion. i refuse to follow. respond to my reply. second chance....
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
philfearon:

that is the language of one who is incapable of proving his point. bad words doesnt block the truth. try again. still waiting for your reply.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2013
JMAN05:

that is the language of one who is incapable of proving his point. bad words doesnt block the truth. try again. still waiting for your reply.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
philfearon:
I am beginning to Love You bro...Yeah,i have been making that mistake of trying to be insistive always as regards to the Likes of JMANO5,Which makes me use obscene words sometimes...But i will try to put a stop to it.....

Thank you very much for your understanding. Let us go back to the main issue.

We have been able to at least show that the scriptures support the doctrine of the Godhead.

I have noticed that of all the members of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit is the grossly misunderstood. A lot of people call Him "an impersonal active force" meaning He is no different from the "power" generated by electricity. This is not true at all. The Holy Spirit is a Divine Personality. The Third Person in the Godhead. Yes the power of the Holy Spirit is comparable to "electric power" to the extent that it is usually invisible but makes clearly visible impact. The difference however is that electric power is unintelligent, impersonal, limited in nature and power and is not divine etc. From my limited knowledge, after reading the account of creation in Genesis, I come to see creation from this point of view:

In the beginning, GOD (The Father) spoke the WORD (Jesus Christ) and the power of His SPIRIT (Holy Ghost) brought things to being.

One of the ways we can know and understand that the Holy Spirit is a personality, is to compare Him with the Evil Spirit. We can at least agree that the opposite of the Holy Spirit is the Evil Spirit or the Spirit of the Devil. If you check the account of the ministry of Jesus Christ and the Apostles, you will notice in most of their encounters with Evil Spirit that they had interactions with them. I will not be able to reel out all the scriptural passages now, but I will give just three.

MARK 5:8-10

For He had been saying to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!" And He was asking him, "What is your name?" And he said to Him, "My name is Legion; for we are many." And he began to implore Him earnestly not to send them out of the country.…

MARK 1:24-26

"...saying, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!" And Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be quiet, and come out of him!" Throwing him into convulsions, the unclean spirit cried out with a loud voice and came out of him.…"

ACTS 19:5

"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you? ... "

You can see from the above, that the interactions were very intelligent. This shows that they are not "impersonal forces" but intelligent and organized personalities. If they are intelligent and organized, how much more the Spirit of God!

Look at what Jesus said concerning the Holy Spirit in John 15:26 “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceeds from the Father..."

Jesus is also called the Comforter in John 14:18 - "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." also in John 14:16 - "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter..."

God the Father is also called the "God of all Comfort" in 2 Corinthians 1:13 "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort."

Rev 22.17: "...And The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come!"

Acts 13.2: "While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

I Tim 4.1: "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits.."

John 16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will show you things to come."

THEIR UNPARALLELED WISDOM

Romans 11:34 - For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Isaiah 40:13 - Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or [being] his counsellor hath taught him?

Mark 6:2 - On the Sabbath He proceeded to teach in the synagogue; and many, as they heard Him, were astonished. "Where did he acquire all this?" they asked. "What is this wisdom that has been given to him? And what are these marvelous miracles which his hands perform?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
ravgach:

Thank you very much for your understanding. Let us go back to the main issue.

We have been able to at least show that the scriptures support the doctrine of the Godhead.

I have noticed that of all the members of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit is the grossly misunderstood. A lot of people call Him "an impersonal active force" meaning He is no different from the "power" generated by electricity. This is not true at all. The Holy Spirit is a Divine Personality. The Third Person in the Godhead. Yes the power of the Holy Spirit is comparable to "electric power" to the extent that it is usually invisible but makes clearly visible impact. The difference however is that electric power is unintelligent, impersonal, limited in nature and power and is not divine etc. From my limited knowledge, after reading the account of creation in Genesis, I come to see creation from this point of view:

In the beginning, GOD (The Father) spoke the WORD (Jesus Christ) and the power of His SPIRIT (Holy Ghost) brought things to being.

One of the ways we can know and understand that the Holy Spirit is a personality, is to compare Him with the Evil Spirit. We can at least agree that the opposite of the Holy Spirit is the Evil Spirit or the Spirit of the Devil. If you check the account of the ministry of Jesus Christ and the Apostles, you will notice in most of their encounters with Evil Spirit that they had interactions with them. I will not be able to reel out all the scriptural passages now, but I will give just three.

MARK 5:8-10

For He had been saying to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!" And He was asking him, "What is your name?" And he said to Him, "My name is Legion; for we are many." And he began to implore Him earnestly not to send them out of the country.…

MARK 1:24-26

"...saying, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!" And Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be quiet, and come out of him!" Throwing him into convulsions, the unclean spirit cried out with a loud voice and came out of him.…"

ACTS 19:5

"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? ... "

You can see from the above, that the interactions were very intelligent showing that they are not "impersonal forces" but intelligent personalities.

Look at what Jesus said concerning the Holy Spirit in John 15:26 “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceeds from the Father..."

Rev 22.17: "...And The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come!"

Acts 13.2: "While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

I Tim 4.1: "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits.."
I usually talk much about God,Jesus Christ and sometimes err in what i attribute to them..
But of the Holy Spirit,i dare not do..The reason is,You can tell lies,talk crap and spew shit in the name of Jesus and God and go scot free,but i think that is not same for The Holy Spirit..The Reason is,if you sin against the Holy Spirit,you will not be forgiven....
Acts5:3-5
3-"But Peter said,'Ananias,why has satan filled your heart to lie to the HOLY SPIRIT and Keep Back part of the price of the land for yourself?
4- "While it remained,was it not your own? And after it was sold,was it not in your control? Why have you concieved this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."
5- "Then Ananias,hearing these words fell down and breathed his last.So great fear came upon all those who heard these things"
Now whats these passage telling us?
It still hinges back to what i already said earlier...Any sin against the Holy Spirit,which is the third Person of God,is unforgivable..I believe this is what John was referring to when he said:
1John5:17 "All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death "
1John5:16 "If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin WHICH DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH,he will ask,and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to Death . I DO NOT SAY he SHOULD PRAY ABOUT THAT"

Isn't clear? Thats why sometimes i do pity those who speak vile things,talk silly and spew error with their mouth and mind about the Person of The Holy Spirit,reducing Him to a Mere Force..
I alwaz advice that if u dont know what to say about the Holy Spirit,keep shut,or u might be sinning an unforgivable sin,a sin that leads to Death!!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Deha(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
macof: Jesus is dead and gone....deal with it. Jesus is even less a thing than the Yoruba orishas
How can you say that Jesus is Dead and gone? Didnt the same Bible that told you He died,tell you that He arose and ascended into heaven? Why are you this biased?
We know you dont believe in Jesus,but saying things that are not true about Him is wrong! If you read in the bible that he died,then,you should have seen that He arose too....
John20:9 "They still did not understand the scripture which said that He must rise from Death"....
Do not be like Thomas who said "...Unless i see in His hands the print of nails,and put my finger into the print of the nails,and put my hand into His side,i will not believe"{JOHN20:25}....
Jesus said "Blessed are those who have not seen,and yet have believed"{John20:29} for a reason...
If you dont want to Believe in Jesus Christ,good,but making a caricature of Him? I advice you to stop that please!

1 Like

Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ravgach: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2013
Deha:
How can you say that Jesus is Dead and gone? Didnt the same Bible that told you He died,tell you that He arose and ascended into heaven? Why are you this biased?
We know you dont believe in Jesus,but saying things that are not true about Him is wrong! If you read in the bible that he died,then,you should have seen that He arose too....
John20:9 "They still did not understand the scripture which said that He must rise from Death"....
Do not be like Thomas who said "...Unless i see in His hands the print of nails,and put my finger into the print of the nails,and put my hand into His side,i will not believe"{JOHN20:25}....
Jesus said "Blessed are those who have not seen,and yet have believed"{John20:29} for a reason...
If you dont want to Believe in Jesus Christ,good,but making a caricature of Him? I advice you to stop that please!

Sound counsel!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishops With Caps On Their Heads In Church, A Disobedience To The Scripture? / Who Is Sheikh Iyanu Olohun? / Difficulties, Contradictions And Problems In The Crucifixion Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.