Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

The Last Star. - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Star. (31898 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Star. by christejames(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Flawless!!! I hope james finally meet his own waterloo soon. I am enjoying this... Dalu!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by christejames(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Flawless!!! I hope james finally meet his own waterloo soon. I am enjoying this... Dalu!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Oyinprince(m): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Prince Oyin.Always here for me. Thanks Boss.
U welcum Sir, hope u feeling beta nw?

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Well Done Sire! #following#
Re: The Last Star. by radientstar(f): 8:48am On Nov 26, 2013
Mr iko Mr iko Mr iko pls try nd update tonight.......crying

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by kingphilip(m): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2013
radientstar: Mr iko Mr iko Mr iko pls try nd update tonight.......crying
tonight? Hw abt this morning's own

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by radientstar(f): 10:52am On Nov 26, 2013
Kingphilip u have a point there.....oya Mr iko pls come and update

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by jhidey08(m): 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Cum update dis tin na, u stl nt feeling fyn??
Re: The Last Star. by princesa(f): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
*Sighs heavily and shakes head in exhaustion*

Now where is Princesa when you really need her?
i understand, oluwamyndd can be very very annoying grin grin

me am just here to read and not to interfere, so am gonna sit on this one grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Fully back.

Baba God noni.

Thank you all for your patience and goodwill messages.I love y'all.
Re: The Last Star. by KingzPen(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Welcome Back Boss... Thank God For Recovery... Chilling For The Next Update... wink wink wink
Nkpume Iko: Fully back.

Baba God noni.

Thank you all for your patience and goodwill messages.I love y'all.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by DEllaluv(f): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hp no trace of sickness again.....nnoo nwanne mmadu

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2013

First, she was surprised, then inquisitive, then outright angry. She couldn’t understand why the police were snooping around Pamilton hostel that late and her face became impulsively twisted in a frown. What instigated the frown the most, was her disillusionment at seeing a police van instead of her much anticipated ambulance.

She let out a long hiss, wiped a chunk of water off her brow and sauntered languidly in the rains to where the police were. The police had already alighted from their van and had moved some feet forward, taking into account a parked Honda Eod car.

Joy wondered what they were up to, as she inched close. She didn’t call the police to inform them of a murder case for it was a suicide. Why then were they snooping around? Even more bizarre was their inspection of James’ car. Or were they Aurors sent by the Ministry of Magic to arrest some Death Eaters? And so they qualify to just know things and even piece a suicide together and make it a murder? Or was there a dark mark adorning the skies above Pamilton hostel? She looked up impulsively and saw nothing.

She shut out the weird thought as immediate as it came. Too many movies she told herself as she appeared before their stare.

“Good evening officers” She greeted, almost a grunt.
“Evening, is the owner of this car inside?” Sergeant Osaro inquired.
“Yes officer,” Joy replied. “Is there any problem?” she asked, concern etched on her face.
“The mumu dey ounda arest.” Sgt. Musa retorted.
“A..rre..st? What for?” She asked a little unsure.
“Lets move inside this minute” Sgt. Osaro barked dismissively. He was in no mood for sheer bureaucracy.

They started for Pamilton hostel, Sgt. Musa brushing Joy by the shoulders as he clumped past. She heaved a sigh, looking at them, confused. Oh yes! The mysterious Aurors have finally pieced suicide together and they are on their way to arrest a Death Eater, James, for murder.

Wait a minute! Who was the bald man? He didn’t look one bit a policeman, not even close, his innocent looks very much betraying and his casual wear all the more glaring. She shrugged and ran after them, her slippers slapping against the mini flood.

The gate of the hostel was forcefully pushed open and the men in black burst inside. As they marched in with their giant strides, the first few sympathizers who saw them scampered away, before they borrowed courage and came back to where they were, although visibly shaken.

Sgt Osaro swept the scene with a lightning gaze and thundered to Joy’s advancing figure,
“Where is he?”
“He is inside officer” She replied in fear.

Both officers ghosted inside immediately with their guns poised, photographer Osas and Joy making up the rear. The looks on the faces of the sympathizers were epic. Eyes bulged, jaws dropped and teeth flashed. They were utterly stunned.

Footsteps rattled against the floor as legs trampled on, and they were soon at the door. There was a loud bang as force was applied to the door, like Tyson delivered it a blow, and the door gave way.

A panting Sgt. Osaro jumped inside with his gun still poised, and the sympathizers in the room dashed to the wall and to any available space in terror. Sgt. Osaro doled out a supervising glance in a flash, and his brain processed the information. James and his cohorts were nowhere to be found.

He wouldn’t make a mess of a golden opportunity at promotion, so, he yelled at Joy,
“Where is he?”
Joy swept the room with her fear gripped eyes in one super quick glance. Neither James nor his mo.rons were there. They had disappeared and it confirmed her bizarre thought, they were Death Eaters and they had disappeared mysteriously. That was the only plausible reason, if not, where were they?

She gasped as Sgt. Osaro yelled again.

“I can’t seem to find them officers” She said trembling.

Sgt. Osaro was visibly angry. The lines of anger had caked on his face and he looked like a cracking statue. When Sgt. Musa had called back the photographer boy at the station, and they had observed the pictures, he had thought it was his shot at promotion. He was ready to unleash his sword on whoever stood between him and his dream.

He was jarred to reality,

“Haba!” Sgt. Musa had exclaimed when he saw the body on the bed. He looked around, saw the faces, and needed no Nostradamus to tell him the lady was dead.

“Wu kiil am?” He barked,

SILENCE

“Are you all deaf?” Sgt. Osaro thundered.
“She committed suicide officer” Joy muttered, close to tears.
Sgt. Osaro rolled his eyes, taking in the information.
“And you all are here instead of calling an ambulance?”
“We have done that officer, we only await their response. “

“But officer,” Joy called out to the officers who were leaving already. “How did you know James was here?”
“The id.iot is a criminal and we have all his details. We’ve only been looking for an evidence to nail him and we have that now.” Sgt. Osaro concluded and they stormed out.

Just as they were on their way out, a siren started howling. Joy rushed outside and was glad when she saw it was an ambulance.
“Finally” She said as a raindrop went down her eyes. The rains had stopped, it was the turn of her eyes rain down.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
princesa:
i understand, oluwamyndd can be very very annoying grin grin

me am just here to read and not to interfere, so am gonna sit on this one grin
You must really think you and Mynd are different. Teehee, you and him are very much thesame grin grin grin grin

I saw your drama on Royver's thread. cheesy cheesy
Ride on girl. wink wink grin grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
KingzPen: Welcome Back Boss... Thank God For Recovery... Chilling For The Next Update... wink wink wink
Yeah man. I dey believe you. cheesy cheesy

Thanks for chilling here. grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Hp no trace of sickness again.....nnoo nwanne mmadu
Thank you darling. Y'all are wonderful. kiss
Re: The Last Star. by princesa(f): 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
You must really think you and Mynd are different. Teehee, you and him are very much thesame grin grin grin grin

I saw your drama on Royver's thread. cheesy cheesy
Ride on girl. wink wink grin grin
oh yeah, I am riding right on. wink

nah, me and him ain't d same. smiley

Atleast i talk the talk and walk the walk.

His is to: 'pass by' 'shrug' 'whistle by' 'shake his head' and 'ride a wheel barrow' through a thread. Very weird a dude grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
princesa:
oh yeah, I am riding right on. wink

nah, me and him ain't d same. smiley

Atleast i talk the talk and walk the walk.

His is to: 'pass by' 'shrug' 'whistle by' 'shake his head' and 'ride a wheel barrow' through a thread. Very weird a dude grin

grin grin grin
This just elicited a good laugh.

'rides a wheel barrow' cheesy cheesy cheesy

He sure knows he's weird, good thing about him.

Keep riding jor. kiss
Re: The Last Star. by jhidey08(m): 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
D way things happen in film is d same way dey happen in real lyf setting, ryt things don't happen at d ryt tym so as 2 make d film long and interesting. Mr Iko, glad u're back. Welcome

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
jhidey08: D way things happen in film is d same way dey happen in real lyf setting, ryt things don't happen at d ryt tym so as 2 make d film long and interesting. Mr Iko, glad u're back. Welcome
grin grin grin

Thanks Jide, I'm glad you are here too. cool
Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 1:49am On Nov 28, 2013
#watchn

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by DEllaluv(f): 5:05am On Nov 28, 2013
I'l always b waitn

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 28, 2013
felipemadero: #watchn
Keep watching man. I'm sure i'm on 3D at the moment. grin

I domor you sir.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 28, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
I'l always b waitn
Ella dear, I'm always working hard to make your wait worthwile.
Re: The Last Star. by missterious(f): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2013
angry
Re: The Last Star. by jhidey08(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
grin grin grin

Thanks Jide, I'm glad you are here too. cool
y is everybody Glading na, Gud a.m.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by stefikal(f): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dis Nkpume must have a good rapport with his dictionary. I just love the choice of words you employ in your narration...

#Still I Follow

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
jhidey08: y is everybody Glading na, Gud a.m.
We are glading cause we are glad and it pays to be glad, because glad people always have a way of glading past seemingly gladless situation with fat strokes of gladness, making them always gladful,because they do the needful,making them earn the name 'favoured'. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Last Star. by DEllaluv(f): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Ella dear, I'm always working hard to make your wait worthwile.

oya ka m ji ekwu maka gi
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
stefikal: Dis Nkpume must have a good rapport with his dictionary. I just love the choice of words you employ in your narration...

#Still I Follow
You flatter me dear. Well, thanks.

Yeah, good to know you still follow.
Re: The Last Star. by jhidey08(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
We are glading cause we are glad and it pays to be glad, because glad people always have a way of glading past seemingly gladless situation with fat strokes of gladness, making them always gladful,because they do the needful,making them earn the name 'favoured'. grin
hehe! Oga Clemzy, u wan kil person? Chai, I must take 5tablets of panadol 2nyt, headache wan kill me

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by DEllaluv(f): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
jhidey08: hehe! Oga Clemzy, u wan kil person? Chai, I must take 5tablets of panadol 2nyt, headache wan kill me

tk 1 card 4 faster relief,ehee,nkpume,we shud b expectn anoda update okwia

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

The Last Smile. / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / My School Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.