Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,626 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Last Star. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Star. (31602 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Star. by Pranda2(f): 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Nice story dude...but try and give us long updates,your update are too short..nice 1 though

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Oyinprince(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
NIce story
Re: The Last Star. by christejames(m): 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Waow!! What an interesting story, thumbs up for u there but my own james is different that james oo

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by kadiriafolasade: 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
am really enjoying this story.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Adeshinaibukun(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
Me ma say Jah has endowed thou with gift of writing....................kip the MOVIE rolling dude.JAH MA BE THY STRENGTH YA YA grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by noblebright(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
nice
Re: The Last Star. by iamteaser: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Is this story cool? Definitely. Where is the writer? Nowhere to be found

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
**run into the thread with a cutlass,''in zebudiah's voice'',''i go kill person o''...@Nkpume Rock...i go fight u o.
Thumbs up bro!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by adegwurulez(m): 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
present grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by MrRomantic1(m): 1:51am On Oct 27, 2013
9ce Job bro
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2013
*walks in,sees comments;almost faints.The excitement is almost unbearable.Runs out to savour the moment* Thanks everyone.Honestly am speechless.Keep a date people.8pm is the time or even earlier.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2013
iamteaser: Is this story cool? Definitely. Where is the writer? Nowhere to be found
Am here now Teaser....*grining from ear to ear*
Re: The Last Star. by Fantacy1(m): 8:35am On Oct 27, 2013
Interesting...keep it up
Re: The Last Star. by callmehydee(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2013
Still waiting............ Nkpume

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by DEllaluv(f): 10:45am On Oct 27, 2013
Cntinue nau
Re: The Last Star. by kerijay(m): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Edo Street,University Main Auditorium,AEB,Shuttle.......OP na my darling uniben be dat....nice work tho

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2013
kerijay: Edo Street,University Main Auditorium,AEB,Shuttle.......OP na my darling uniben be dat....nice work tho
Yeah dear. I rep Uniben.
Re: The Last Star. by ahmarka09: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
Whr is d remaining na?Hian!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Splendblex(f): 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nice....nice!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2013

The sound of bodies clashing against a desk and books falling off it began to subside and Ugonna knew the lecture was about to end. He dumped his camera into his bag as quickly as possible, sat upright assuming a calm demeanour. He wanted the doctor to meet him that way.

Moments later, the lecturer and the lectured came out sweating profusely. Ugonna thought it must have been herculean for Dr Israel to pass the needed information into the block head of a colossal dunce as Sandra (He realized it was a course mate of his the moment they came out). The lashing of bodies against the desk and the moans must have been the effect of a race-against-time; the thumping of their hearts as they came out all confirmed it. He feigned ignorance to the obvious, while his heart laughed.

“Make sure you carry out those practicals the way I specified them to you”, Dr Israel called out to Sandra’s fast receding figure. When Michael heard practicals, he almost choked with laughter. His heart did a gazillion back strokes trying to force off the laughter. He forced the insurgent laughter with all the strength he could muster giving his awkward face the look of the powdered bum bum of a 3 month old.

The doctor saw the glow in his eyes. Ugonna was woeful at his acting attempt.
“Get inside the office now!” The Doctor barked.

Ugonna hurried into the Doctor’s office turning the door knob angrily as he opened. He felt anger rising inside of him. He was angry because the doctor had just enjoyed some hours of fun, but barked at him for only trying to make fun of the situation. “Inconsiderate lots”, his heart spewed.

As Ugonna entered, he saw a sight not fit for Dr Israel’s status. His text books and journals that used to be properly arranged were all scattered on the floor. The table had shifted from its original position angling towards the door. He was perplexed. He wondered why the Doctor would insist on them coming inside being fully aware of the mess his office was in. He pinched himself to reality as the truth dawned. The doctor never cared. Matter of fact, he could care less about people’s opinion.

Ugonna was yanked into reality as the door slammed and the Doctor swaggered to his seat. He balanced on the chair, rested his arms on it and looked up with an am-in-charge countenance. He peered at Ugonna trying to read him like one of his voluminous text books. Ugonna saw through that and quickly shielded himself with a blank expression. He loved mind games and he always attributed his success to Jose Mourinho. One of the gains of being a Chelsea fan, he thought.

The doctor cleared his throat and began, “You do have those pictures now, right?” He inquired firmly.
“ Erm…erm,” Ugonna started, “Something went wrong Sir”
“Wrong?” he retorted with raised eye brows. The feeling of concern etched on his oval face, accentuated with high cheek bones and a bushy moustache. Ugonna had once thought the moustache was specifically kept rugged to instill fear in students. He saw a ball of fire emitting from the doctor’s pale brown eyes, charging at him. He tried to dodge but he was too slow.
“GBOOH” the doctor slammed the table. “You are still in my office mister; I wouldn’t tolerate a time travel again. So, what rubbish were you saying?”
“Sir,” Ugonna began with the sweat of fear all over him. “Actually Sir, the film got bad”, he panted out.
“The film got bad”, the doctor repeated, nodding threateningly.

The doctor was glaring at Ugonna now. His glare began to weave into long canes and Ugonna felt the doctor’s eyes lashing at him. He silently prayed for the doctor to say something, the silence was killing. The light had gone dead some minutes back and it wasn’t 7pm yet, when the school power plant normally comes alive. The office was hot and a corresponding hot sweat lined Ugonna’s brows. It was getting dark and the office was fuzzy but he could still see the doctor’s long nose clearly.

When the doctor spoke finally, it carried the life threatening sharpness of the bullet from a 21mm automatic. It shot the silence.
“I have to be sincere with you Ugonna. I wanted you to run the research for me because I thought you competent. You were supposed to have finished it by now plus its accompanying pictures. I was to edit it and pep it up, then submit it to a journal as my contribution, but you have failed.” He grinned wickedly.
“For failing and for making me look stupid in the presence of my colleagues, you would carry over my course.”

Ugonna was stunned, a sweat broke loose and collapsed on his thigh. He began to blurt, “Sir, I was…It sincerely…”
“Am done with you young man. Do use the door.”
Ugonna dreaded a carry over and this was going to be his first, way before he even sat for the exam. He stood up and slowly walked out.

He lumbered down the first flight of stairs. As his both feet touched the ground floor, he burst out laughing. It was late so there was no one in the corridor. He stole furtive glances up, there was no one there. He was good to go. He brought out the supposedly dead film from his bag and his face glowed in glee. Let the ride begin, he thought.
Re: The Last Star. by Salma(f): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
Following....... More grease 2 ur elbow

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by makemoneynow(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nkpume iko i see u o oya update sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]This is captivating. sincerely speaking I love this . keep it up.
Re: The Last Star. by Archisola(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
itz suspense iz jst lyk d 1 in 'cuando seas mia'. I dnt read novels bt dis 1 seems to b xceptional. Good writeup nkpume
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 28, 2013
Archi sola: itz suspense iz jst lyk d 1 in 'cuando seas mia'. I dnt read novels bt dis 1 seems to b xceptional. Good writeup nkpume
Thanks man! Am glad you find it exceptional.Keep it locked here cause more would be hitting you like a whirl wind.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 28, 2013
monachy: [color=#550000][/color]This is captivating. sincerely speaking I love this . keep it up.
Captivating?...Yupee.Thats one adjective that tickles me.Finally,someone uses it on me *dancing*
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
oya nw, oga continue

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2013
adefunke_62: oya nw, oga continue
Continuation in an hour dear.Just keep it locked here. kiss
Re: The Last Star. by iamteaser: 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
Your story is too much jare and pls don't ever disappoint us o 1hr is 1hr.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2013
iamteaser: Your story is too much jare and pls don't ever disappoint us o 1hr is 1hr.
I cross my heart.Never to disappoint. Thanks!!! grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks everyone for following.Here we go
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2013

Michael drank the hot cup of coffee in one swift gulp, smacked his lips amidst a contortion of his face in mild disdain. He hated black coffee, but it was exactly what he needed at that moment so he had no option. He disliked being in situations where options were a wild wish.

He dropped the empty cup on a table, concluding to wash it on his return, collected his room key with one swift movement of his hand and hoisted up his bag.

As he started to the door, a feeble knock rattled against it and he stopped in his tracks wondering who it was. He thought for a moment and sauntered to the door, opened it and there stood Jennifer wearing a radiant demeanour.

On top of her ebony angular face sat a perfectly made pony tail. Her almond white eyes glowed, shining brightly on her pointed noise. She smiled at Michael displaying her perfect dentition and full pink lips. It was the lips that caught Michael. When would he kiss those lips? He quizzed himself.

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” Jennifer asked with a smile. That jarred Michael to reality.
“Oh! Sorry…my bad!” he flushed. “Please come inside”
He pushed the door further open and motioned her inside with his left arm. She walked inside and settled on Michael’s only settee.
“What do I offer you?” he asked gentlemanly.”
“Water would do for now”, she replied with a shrug.
Michael moved to get the water and she called behind him, “I see you are on your way out”
“Yes oh!” he said hurrying away. He came back with a glass of water, handed it to her, she drank and thanked him.”
“So tell me, where are you up to?” She pursued.
“To read my dear…I’ve got to up my game o. my GP is crawling at the moment.” He responded, settling on the settee, close to her.
Jennifer chuckled, “but you are not doing badly” she said.
“Well, yes. But if I am to retain my scholarship, I really need to work hard.”

She smiled at the mention of the phrase ‘work hard’, which was why she loved him. He was always willing to go the extra mile. She propped up with her hands, in a bid to give him an encouraging kiss. Michael was shocked, he never saw it coming. Finally, those lips!

His lips surged forward to receive the kiss but it was a ferocious slap that greeted them.

The slap yanked Michael from his dream to reality, his left hand was clutching his lips while the back of his right hand rubbed against his eyes until they blinked open.

It was morning and in front of him stood James with his arms akimbo, flanked by his two friends (Razz B and Sleek).They both had their arms wrapped across their chest like 20th century home video thugs who were whisked from their villages to movie sets.

James began to move around the dimly lit room, accentuating his authority. Michael was tied to a chair in the middle of the room. So tightly he could hardly move. He managed to look up and he saw the bulb, hardly bright, struggling to lighten up the room. The 60 watts bulb was a victim of low voltage, its brightness was receding. Michael had gone almost a day without food and it was taking a toll on him. Somehow he felt there was a connection between him and the bulb; he was James’ victim and he was beginning to feel his life ebbing away, slowly. He then narrowed his gaze on the bulb, trying to tap into its resilient energy.He knew he could only hold on as long as the bulb held on.For how long, he knew not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.