Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

The Last Star. - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Star. (31585 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2013

Joy squinted at James with a murderous glare, rage springing up in her like a living spring. She gritted her teeth in anger so much so that her cheek bones were shooting out in protest. Her adrenal medulla burst open and adrenaline started to ooze out of her as her pulse thickened. She felt like a fire inflated balloon, about to burst.

She had been glaring at James with those crimson eyes over the last minute, not uttering a word, but James could read from her countenance, a million words, a million hate.

The room was completely silent and the atmosphere was tense, and the only sounds heard were the intrusive wails from the mourners outside.

The sympathizers in the room, on the other hand, were all clearly attentive, a hint of anticipation on their faces. They could tell a shell was about to be dropped with the looks those two wore. They were all expectant like the apostles in the upper room.

Joy finally tore through the pin drop silence,
“What do you want?” She asked fiercely.
James cleared his throat and swallowed, “Not a nice way to welcome a sympathizer, don’t you think?”
“Oh shut it James.” She snapped. “I am in no mood for some courtesy unheard off. You have no business being here.”
“I can’t at least see her?” he quizzed.
“James Abdullahi, I hate to repeat myself when am angry, when I do, it’s always disastrous for the party involved. For the last time, WHAT DO YOU WANT?” She was enraged.
“Alright alright.” He said raising his hands in a surrendering fashion. “I just came show my heartfelt condolences.”
“For the one you murdered?” She inquired bluntly with raised eye brow and bulging red eyes.

SILENCE…

Everyone in the room turned to James. He saw the eyes and shook his head,

“Joy,” He was calm, but the threat in what he said literally danced in their faces. “I would appreciate it if you stuck to what you know. It is not anyone’s fault she couldn’t handle the pressure of being an adult, and one in a relationship at that”

“Balderdash James. Utter balderdash. You know what, you are disgusting.” She snarled like a wounded lion as she stood up from the bed suddenly and marched towards James, halting at the middle of the room, some inches away from where James stood, a hint of pain and rage getting the better of her as she spoke,

“When I called you, I did inform you on what Henrietta would love you to know, that she took two lives instead of one, and that you’ve won. Period! I didn’t ask you to come here and mock us with your filthy self. The door is still wide open James. NOW LEAVE.” She sneered.

They were looking at each other, eyeball to eyeball, Joy’s pupil almost invisible,

Indistinct chatter rose as the sympathizers inside began to murmur and mutter to themselves. No one dared to get involved.

The gatherings clouds finally gave way and it began to pour down heavily. The fat strokes of rain flogged hard against the roofing sheets of Pamilton hostel and the sympathizers outside started to run into the building for shelter, as some took rains as a lifeline to make for their hostels, end of sympathy. Life goes on.

James broke the silence inside,
“Its raining already. Do you still insist I leave now?” he asked offhandedly.
“Just move dude.” She began to sob. “I don’t just want to see you here, and I really don’t mind if you get drenched alongside these morons of yours.” She ranted eyeing Razz and Sleek savagely.

They had charged at her before James calmed them down with just a raise of his right hand, spreading his palm.

“Very well then,” James said to Joy “Goodnight.”

He snapped his fingers at Razz and Sleek, motioning to them that it was exit time, ignoring the stunned looks of the sympathizers in the room.

As they turned to leave,
“James” Joy called. James turned with an inquisitive stare. Joy sighed and focused on James,
“Well, she didn’t ask me to deprive you a last look at her if you will. There she is,” She said angling her head to the bed “At least while we wait for the ambulance.”

James didn’t say a thing. He just walked to the bed where Henrietta lay peacefully and stood, looking at her as though he was searching for something.

Just then, the blaring sound of a siren rent the atmosphere. Joy silently thanked God the emergency unit of UBTH had finally decided to surprise themselves. She ran outside immediately to meet them. As she walked past the corridor, she exchanged greetings with the remaining sympathizers. She felt pity for them, it was late already and they were stuck in Pamilton hostel.

She soon got to the gate and was by then, drenched already, the rain was that heavy. She opened the gate and peered outside and was consequently mystified when she saw it wasn’t an ambulance.

It was a police van.
Re: The Last Star. by Oyinprince(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by jhidey08(m): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
James' doom is here, FINALLY. D hostel go scatter very soon.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by missterious(f): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hope you're feeling better now smiley

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Hameenat94(f): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hmmmm.... James oh James.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
miss.terious:
Hope you're feeling better now smiley
Yeah miss. I do feel a lot better now.Thank God.

Btw, when are you coming up with your 'love thread'? wink
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
jhidey08: James' doom is here, FINALLY. D hostel go scatter very soon.
Well well.Lets see how the drama unfolds. You may be right...

...or very wrong. cheesy
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
Oyinprince: Hmmm...
Prince Oyin.Always here for me. Thanks Boss.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hameenat94: Hmmmm.... James oh James.
lol grin
Re: The Last Star. by Pinkiedearie(f): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
*silent reader*.....loving this story!
Re: The Last Star. by missterious(f): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Yeah miss. I do feel a lot better now.Thank God.

Btw, when are you coming up with your 'love thread'? wink
OK

Well, I dunno. I'm trying to get in the mood. It's not working sad In the meantime, I'll just keep enjoying your story grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by J0nyb0y(m): 3:02am On Nov 24, 2013
...Finally...
Btw Mr Iko hope u good 4 sum more update.. Feeling this

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Jumizie13(f): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2013
Hw body nw? Hope u are nw good to update frequently

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by KingzPen(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2013
Awesome Awesome Awesome...

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by D9ty7(m): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello guys, while u wait for Mr Iko's update why dnt u take ur time in reading this story https://www.nairaland.com/1523879/fighting-back/1#19752104. It is written by a sister.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2013
Pinkie dearie: *silent reader*.....loving this story!
Good thing you finally resolved against silence.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2013
J0nyb0y: ...Finally...
Btw Mr Iko hope u good 4 sum more update.. Feeling this
Yeah Oga Jony. I am very fine now.

Thanks for always being here.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2013
Jumizie13: Hw body nw? Hope u are nw good to update frequently
Yezzo Jummy. I make sense now.
You too like updates sha.Chei!!!

Ehem, *whispers* Awfa that Segun package now? I hear say you don finally pursue Nike. shocked

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Mynd44: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2013
**raises eyebrows**

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 24, 2013
KingzPen: Awesome Awesome Awesome...
Nna, see washii o. Kingzpen, i need remind you say na you be the Boss?
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Mynd_44: **raises eyebrows**
Oga Mynd, you do enjoy being mysterious, don't you?

Now, there are various interpretations to that expression.Which is your intention?
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2013
D9ty7: Hello guys, while u wait for Mr Iko's update why dnt u take ur time in reading this story https://www.nairaland.com/1523879/fighting-back/1#19752104. It is written by a sister.
And i don't get some Benjamins for this?

Now, where are these Olokpa men? cheesy
Re: The Last Star. by Mynd44: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Oga Mynd, you do enjoy being mysterious, don't you?

Now, there are various interpretations to that expression.Which is your intention?
**shrugs**
Re: The Last Star. by KingzPen(m): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2013
Please O! A King Calling Servant Boss? Unheard of... *Runs Away* Hanging around for the next update sha...
Nkpume Iko:
Nna, see washii o. Kingzpen, i need remind you say na you be the Boss?
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
**shrugs**
*Sighs heavily and shakes head in exhaustion*

Now where is Princesa when you really need her?
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2013
KingzPen: Please O! A King Calling Servant Boss? Unheard of... *Runs Away* Hanging around for the next update sha...
Lol. Okay sire. tongue
Re: The Last Star. by J0nyb0y(m): 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Yeah Oga Jony. I am very fine now.

Thanks for always being here.
Uw boss..
Btw Happy Sunday to everyone..
Re: The Last Star. by radientstar(f): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Whew!!! Tot I ve missed a lot btw thank God ur alright nw.......wonderful pieces as usual......keep it up

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
Succintly watchn n waitin 4 more of dos goodies of an updates.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by sambroose(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
But this update too small na
Re: The Last Star. by kojusoluwa(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
I give it 2 u again,job well done.TWALE.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by jhidey08(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Well well.Lets see how the drama unfolds. You may be right...

...or very wrong. cheesy
O.┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡K⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.