Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? (58330 Views)

Poll: You'd vote for:

UNILAG: 25% (101 votes)
OAU Ife: 51% (206 votes)
UI: 23% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by abiatonye(f): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2008
XCCZC
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by justme3(m): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2008
All you Ife & UI guys, being the best UNI doesn't depend on how stuck-up you are!

I know it hurts cos you guys were tops at different times in the past, but UNILAG is tops now and we will be for a long time.

PS: how do you explain the NUC's disaccreditation of your ; law programs.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Kongi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2008
Hi there all.
As a graduate of one of the big three, I will not state my own preference.
The question is:
If you had to chose btw Ife, UI and Unilag, which will you attend?
Not which is the best or has the best parties or has the best rating!

I have been to all three and will leave those who are either not yet in school, attended or graduated from the other schools not involved in this debate.
My apologies to the ABU, Uniben, OSU, ABIASU, Babcock or whatever SU or cocks of this world, but this forum is aking if you guys had the opportunity to choose again, will you attend Ife, UI or Unilag?
No beef for anyone but I am convinced what the peoples choice will be at the end of the day.
Aluta Continua, Victoria Accerta!
On a final note, to all graduates who have been to NYSC orientation camp, which school did you wish you graduated from on opening ceremony day?
Thats the answer you should give!
The defence rests
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by gbemi4u: 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2008
greatest ife
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by gbemi4u: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2008
WHAT AN INSULT, COMPARING UNILAG WTH OAU
OAU OBA AWON UNIVERSITY(IN NIG)
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by sucess001(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2008
guy,

u want show us say u brilliant,

u for at least limit urself to the topic and contribute accordingly, wink
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2008
please, someone should warn live4him never to mention that name -LASU whenever they compare schools.
LASU should be compared with the likes of OOU, Ire Poly, Esa-Oke etc.[i][/i]
Nonsense!
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ezetua: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2008
I will choose unife before the two.Pls get me inform on University of UYO POST UME TEST.MY CELL NO IS 08056013914,eze_omoyibotojota@yahoo.co.uk.I LUV UR ACTIVITIES IN NAIRALAND.THANX.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2008

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI?
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:40 PM »

Which of those three schools do you respect most? Students and graduates of the three schools are not meant to participate because they will obviously be biased. Comments from people from other schools are most welcomed. Or should we put as: Which of these three schools would you have chosen to go if they were the only 3 Universities in Nigeria? As for me I go like this:

1) OAU Ife
2) UNILag
3) UI
none if u ask me. i 'd go for UNILORIN.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by sukky411(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2008
Sincerely, they all have their uniqueness
1. For a business state of mind- UNILAG
2. For a sound academic (medical esp) pursuit- UI
3. For something different (innovation)- OAU
But all of these has beeen gone with the wind

The tables are TURNING now,
1. Innovation-UI
2. Business- OAU
3. Academics- UNILAG

i tell you just look around and see. Peace I'm out
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by auntybinta: 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2008
OAU Ife as first choice. Unilag, is third.
Although I sometimes don't like to take part in questions like this where some people will be insulted in the process,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by kshorty1: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2008
When you are trying to excel in your business or get ahead in life, I don't think the University you went to matters? If anybody knows please tell me which Universities the following people attended: Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, Atedo Peterside, Mike Adenuga, every Nigeria President since independence, current Nigerian Governors and Ministers?

It all depends on your definition of success and who fits the profile of what you'd like to be. After working for a few years, one of the last things I look out for is what Nigerian University the person went to. Besides the quality of all Nigerian Universities has greatly reduced. Nigerian graduates face competition for jobs from repatriates and expatriates. My office is filled with Nigerians who went to Harvard, Yale, Insead etc. But I assure you, when top management is looking for people to promote, they never ask what University the person went to, they consider performance. And I don't mean Academics, but the ability to get things done and work with people.

When Nigerian graduates relocate we all still have to get degrees from foreign universities irrespective of which Nigerian university you attended. So we all lose at the end of the day.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by niyi09(m): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2008
O.A.U,just won the SIFE NIGERIA competition that was concluded yesterday,they came first amidst 35 different universities and polytechniques and would be representing Nigeria on the world stage for the second time back to back.They came third in the world the last time they represented Nigeria.GREATEST IFE.I think this should show all those beefing Ife that "no be small thing"
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by jkpretty(f): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2008
If u like argue from today till tomorrow . . .

There are only two schools . . . UI & others cool
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by sucess001(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2008
@ jk pretty,

thank u my sista, no mind them

@ everyone,

U VE JUST GOT TO RECOGNIZE!!!

[flash=200,200]http://U.I ROCKS!!![/flash]
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2008
I am insulted , to think you can compare U.I with any other is silly
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Vernor(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2008
Greatest Ife,
In all, Oba Awon University (OAU) I will 4ever love u. pls remove Unilag on the list. Now you know which school should be 2nd. grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by phartye(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2008
[b][/b][color=#550000][/color]OAU Ife as first choice. .
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by solla22: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2008
u dead right , OAU ife is first choice
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by solla22: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2008
tt
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by skipo87(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2008
jamb, from 1997 till date
first choice UI
2nd choice UI, no addmission
first choice UI
200"10"
first choice UI
2nd choice UI, no addmission,
ibi lo ma ku si,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Gbosko: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2008
Joker!! grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by colove: 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2008
the truth is u cannot compare O.A.U to any other universities in nigeria any time anyday.posters beware IFE LEADS OTHERS FOLLOW.a 3rd class graduate 4rm oau is far better dan 2.1 grad 4rm unilag . U.I Keep it up.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by pcicero(m): 3:28am On Jul 24, 2008
OAU all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Kindreds don't be dismayed. For Learning and Culture for REAL
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Ebonyj(f): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2008
I went to one of the SU, unis in Naija. If I had to choose again I would most definitely go for OAU . I think UI is equally as good too the only reason why I would not choose UI is because I grew up in Ibadan.
UNILAG is out of the question, too many distractions I won't be able to focus on my studies.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by jaybaby(f): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
Dnt ever compare OAU OR UI wit UNILAG Unilag is no more Unilag of those dayz, so my list goes,

------IFE
------IBADAN

------
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by JUNIT1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
wits better three of them sha
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by salakokay(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2008
WATS UP GREAT IFE AM NOT A MEMBER OF ANY OF THOSE SKOL BUT I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO IFE
IS A GREAT SKOL SOMEONE MUST GO.
UI IS NOT BAD IS ALSO AGREAT SKOL

UNILAG, AKA UNIPORT, UNIPAROL, UNISOMO, UNIGBESE,
BUT THERE ARE GOOD STUDENTS THERE TOO.

LET ME NOW RANK

GREAT IFE 50%

UI 30%[color=#006600][/color]

UNILAG 20%
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by allhavoc(m): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2008
2008 rankings: http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

We should cover our heads in shame, no Nigerian university in Top 50 in Africa cry
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by colen212: 3:32am On Jul 28, 2008
superstan,which village u come from sef? How can u say OAU has the most beautiful campus in Africa? Have u been to other countries? Have u been 2 any schools in South Africa, even Ghana? O boy, na rubbish talk be that o. Anyway, make i no vex too much. My choice ar OAU & UI. Unilag boys & girls are not real,their academic standard cann't be compared 2 any of these 2 schools.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by HIROSHI: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
UI all the wayyyyyyy!

Greatest UItes, no tension, you are winning by the grace of God, hey ya, hey ya, heyi ah hey, sawo sawo o, sawa sawa!

Greatest UIites, Ever-Conscious Uites, Dynamic UItes, Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest UItessssss! Greaaaaaaaaat!

I have been to many schools within and outside Nigeria but no West African University compares to UI. OAU, UNILAG, Legon, Kumasi, ABU e.t.c are shadows of UI.

UI all the wayyyyy!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by hawiidr: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2008
i'll go for OAU (Ife), coz some one i seriuosly look up too, graduated from dere, n today i seroiusly look @ him as a successful one, n he work in one of the biggest firm in dis country

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update / Amotekun Is Cheetah Not Leopard / See Snake That Was Killed This Afternoon At The Front Of AAUA SENATE BUILDING

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50