Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? (58410 Views)

Poll: You'd vote for:

UNILAG: 25% (101 votes)
OAU Ife: 51% (206 votes)
UI: 23% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by abilityman(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2008
None of the above, Babcock University is the place to go!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2008
tkb417:

@Mekk
we aint gat control over these things, der is little we can do to that.
or what do u think?
oh c'mon!!!  that's a big lie.what do u mean?
"we aint gat control over these things".
I guess you are talking about poor educational standard,right?

we could do a lot better,if we invest more in education.
Quality of education is still abysmal(that has to be taken care of by curriculum enrichment)
make our universities more research oriented(research output matters).
kill favouritism,tribalism.I could go on and on and on,

so you see!!!
take peace!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2008
I agree Ife grads and students are very pompous,proud and like to intimidate.But it is not their fault,people over-respect them.Many students and grads of other Unis(except rivals like Lag,UI,UNN) always feel inferior when they meet Ife guys,and trust Ife guys,they capitalize on that,and begin to brag.

Anywhere you see 2 or 3 Ife students,their presence is always felt with the intimidating GREAT IFE talk/shout/greeting.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2008
abilityman:

hey!!! keep quiet joo,   and GO to bed. grin grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by fyneguy: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
lol tkb417

yeye man, go shell and others, UI na oga any time!

we dey rub minds with UCL n co because of our latent capabilities not because of the yeye n outdated info they passed to us!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by eminemkayc: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
U SURE NEED A DIRTY SLAP FROM ME!! NONSENSE cheesy cheesy
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2008
abilityman:

Get the poser right: If there were just Ife,Lag and UI in Nigeria,which one will you choose?
Simple question.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by presido1: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2008
@tbk

Doing ur masters in UCL in nothing but having your quid to pay the tuition.
Many chinese that don't speak english gets their MSc and MA from UCL and other british Unis.
Do they teach them in Chinese? Hell NO. British Education is no longer what its use to be. As far as you can
afford the fees you will get ur masters their without sweat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7461513.stm.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by santavista: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2008
Greatest Ife (Great), Articulate Ife (Articulate), Ever conscious Ife (Ever conscious).
The only school with a recognised anthem______________________________________no be small thing o. grin

God bless OAU
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by holyeye(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2008
OAU for life.

The difference is always clear. No extra expertise is needed to confirm this.

Olori ni olori yio maje

As an addendum, for those who still nurse desires to be part of the winning team it is never too late. Go pick a form wink

Enjoy
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by LAKANYE(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2008
I had studied in two of these Universities before I left for the States.
    I don't know the current Educational qualities of these Universities at this time, since we have most of the Nigerian Professors here in the United States. But back in the late 80s;
         GREAT IFE is not called GREAT for nothing.
          Unilag/University of Ibadan will stand side by side, depending on what you are admitted to study.
                    1. GREAT IFE (OAU)
                     2. UNIVERSITY OF AMALA (IBADAN)
                      2.   THE UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by fyneguy: 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2008
Greatest of the greatest, by the greatest, in the greatestttttttttttttttttttttt UItessssssssss!

(addressing a congress)  I want to say! (say!) any attempted attempt or a group of attempted attempt, attempted to
belittle and demean the greatness of UI shall be religiously, violently, alutaly resisted by us! (yes o!)
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by mekk(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2008
eminemkayc:

You SURE NEED A DIRTY SLAP FROM ME!! NONSENSE cheesy cheesy

thank you my friend,
I think he deserves arse wooping too. grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Gbosko: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
If you've been to UI and UNILAG and you're a graduate from IFE (A school hidden on the hills where paradise confluence with the earth) You can t help being proud and heady because you know for sure that IFE is way ahead of the other two structurally and culturally. I think much of the impression a lot of Nigerians (especially Lagosians) have about UNILAG is because of the school's placement in Lagos. This exposes the school to positive press and social glamour. Now, positive press, glamour girls, and pump are not the things that make a great learning institution In Nigeria, Ife is the real deal!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Jarus(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2008
UNILAG  16 (40%)
OAU Ife  17 (42.5%)
UI  7 (17.5%)

Total Votes: 40

Great Ife,we are still leading.I hope they will not rig this by mobilizing people to come and vote for Lag. I pity UI,almost out of contention. Why now? But UI is Nigeria's premier University now? Has it lost its reputation? What's happening now?

People are making my head swell here as an Ife Alumnus. These praises are just too much.

Sincerely I just thank God I went to this school,because i can't imagine not being part of this respect,glory,fame,reputation.I now know the reason why some people prefer to write JAMB 10 times just because they want to gain admission into OAU,even though other schools are giving them admission!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by buzugee(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
being to UI my egbon went dia. looks very dingy and unorganised. not an uplifting environment

being to unilag, looks very dingy. not put together very well. uninspiring environment

being to OAU lawdddddddddddd this is paradise in africa. any of the structures in that university can easily compete with any struture in the world. the place is beautiful. matter of fact my future plan is to make some money here in america, go to ife and see if they will let me buy one of the staff buildings. and just live there for the rest of my life playing basketball at the sports centre, eating at the bukka and watching films at oduduwa (i think it is called) then going to the conference centre to drink gulder. this will be my life forever. this is my plan insha allah. does anyone know how much houses go for in ile ife ? thanks
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by kaypound(m): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
Where are the covenant students here please make a contribution to this thread or has Seun (moderator) expelled them all for not bringing a bible to nairaland again?, grin grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by illusion2: 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2008
Numero uno is UI of Ilorin (apologies to Arisekola Alao) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Jarus(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2008
kaypound:

Where are the covenant students here please make a contribution to this thread or has Seun (moderator) expelled them all for not bringing a bible to nairaland again?, grin grin grin

Funny guy

Well, this one no be small pikin place, no be for spoilt, omo ajebos like Covenant,babcock etc
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Jarus(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
illusion2:

Numero uno is UI of Ilorin (apologies to Arisekola Alao) grin grin grin grin grin

Wanted to join issues with you,but when I saw your username,I had to stop.

Just an illusory wishful thinking!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by jediknight(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2008
I'm going to try not to say too much

Most def the three school produce relatively higher quality graduates compared to some other schools.

Most def Ife has the best structure, Duhhhh,  Its the newest built amongst the three and def UI is the oldest so u should expect some colonial looking structure coupled with our lack of maintaining stuff!

santavista:

Greatest Ife (Great), Articulate Ife (Articulate), Ever conscious Ife (Ever conscious).

Sorry that Salute if meant for One & Only One university.

fyneguy:

Greatest of the greatest, by the greatest, in the greatestttttttttttttttttttttt UItessssssssss!

smiley

I personally think each of em schools got its own flavour it passes onto its graduates. I got very good frnds from all the schools and i don't see any reason for all this bickering.

Its simple just choose the flavour u like!

Bless!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2008
illusion2:

Simple question: If OAU,UI and UNILAG were the only Unis in Naija,which one will you choose
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by olabayode: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2008
can someone hint me about their test format
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by kaypound(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2008
olabayode:

oh my GOD what kind of person is this? is it that you are a retard or an slowpoke that it is difficult to understand what the topic is about and not test format? You are an embarrassment to your school that is if you even went to school at all.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by abbeyboy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2008
grin shocked[b]O.A.You  4 liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee![/b] grin shocked
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by smooooooth: 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2008
@poster, why the limitation, with just three uni naa, abeg add uniben, the first and the leading university abeg, all uniben alumni i HAIL UNA,
up unibest for life, and pls,pls,puhlease, i don reach the other three shools u mentioned during my days at uniben, when i dey pursue chicks both home and away, and i agree oau is a beauty in terms of structure and conducive environment, then unilag dey cool for parole(but after the parole nko. ) but UI is not lacking in environment either and in terms of academics, abeg na them o. even uniben, if not for their gra gra, them for no dey top chart o.
so if i must pick in ur list i say,
1. UI, no drag abeg,u idiot.
2. OAU, its a cool sch no doubt, & they teach
3. UNILAG, spiro,parole, at the end, dully.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by smooooooth: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2008
ehen, before i forget, one idiot was mentioning babcock, here, didnt u see the topic, u hear anything like secondary sch, come respect yourself, delete that post and run away fast!
and warning any glorified secondary sch, from now, just waka pass, hisssssssssssssssssssssss, shior, what an incalabustaciouss, come no make me blow grammer, respect your self.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Baro(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2008
UNIBEN should be on that list shocked
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by nedra: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2008
for me its unilag becos of the hot butty girls,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by LAKANYE(m): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2008
olabayode:

kaypound:

oh my GOD what kind of person is this? is it that you are a retard or an slowpoke that it is difficult to understand what the topic is about and not test format? You are an embarrassment to your school that is if you even went to school at all.

You took the words out of my mouth. What student of any of these Universities want to think about TEST FORMATS after graduation THIS IS HOW STUDENTS FAIL SIMPLE EXAMS.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Hannibal: 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2008
Obafemi Awolowo University by astronomical miles.
UNILAG what? A glorified secondary school.
UI? Too old to move me.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by CH3COO(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
Comparing clay to mud to soil  grin grin grin

Wellerz . . . UI by 20 horse lengths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See Snake That Was Killed This Afternoon At The Front Of AAUA SENATE BUILDING / Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.