Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? (58329 Views)

Poll: You'd vote for:

UNILAG: 25% (101 votes)
OAU Ife: 51% (206 votes)
UI: 23% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
elphem:

The rule of thought is that everyone justifies his reasoning with respect to how it affects us directly or indirectly. We also base our justification on our paradigm, so most times our conclusion is flawed with some inherent errors.

I school in OAU and have a good feel of the school and wont compromise Ife with any school, therefore i say Ife is the greatest school in Nigeria.

On the other hand, lets assume i am schooling in UI, ? What do u think would have been my comment
--and that is why we have exempted 'related parties' from contributing!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2008
UNILAG  52 (28.3%)
OAU Ife  86 (46.7%)
UI  46 (25%)

End of Discussion. Soar-away Ife!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Topcycool(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2008
I've seen this post for a while now, but i never wanted to reply it, but am doing just that i cant keep it to my self anymore, Wen I was TEN (10) as a poor boy when i 1st visited OUA IFE, and i swore that if i dont go to IFE i'll not school in Nigeria, Through the years as a BAD ASS traveler and fun catcher i visited U.I and LAG, but till i graduted in IFE, there is no place like it, I swear this one no be say na mouth, My father does not own ife, and neighter do i get proceeds from their rep, but IFE is the graetest, i seem to have a grip on the future, cos i was baked in an Oven, Ife is too much , admin should delete this poll, it dereps Ife, , we dont compete, the statements of excellence are there to be read on the walls of time.
'NOUGH RESPECT
MY FELLAS IN AWO,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by esteffi: 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2008
what a comparison!!!!!!!!!!!whih oda school wud be d best?
"IN DEED AND IN TRUTH", LAG is THE BEST
this isnt contestible at all
its lag or nothing
the place to go to for,
books , unilag
chics, unilag
paroles, unilag
name it people, everything is there
akoka is d place to be
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by live4Him: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2008
LASU, grin grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Lehman: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2008
Without a doubt, it's Ife! There is something about the school that drives you to succeed even years after leaving. Forget about the fact that having "extra" is almost standard and we pioneered the use of okada on campus before the rest of the country caught on. I run into Great Ife Alums in highly competitive positions in the US and UK all the time.

Great Gbosa!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by gidig(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2008
It is beyond rthe structures or even the academic records; it is a way of life that is placed within you that tells you that you must be the best at what you do because every member of the Ife family is expected to be the best at what they do.

It is that which can not be stolen away from any Ife product. You may not like or believe it but that is our reality. We are the best and that is exactly what we believe about ourselves. We are just reminding everyone else living in denial of that reality. Make Una no vex o! We are the best!! we are not ashamed to say it because we are proving it daily!

Another Great Ife is a counterfeit!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2008
it is a criminal offence to compare OAU with Unilag. . .lol

pls, go back to the rating on Schools in Africa. Its very simple

There are just 3 schools recognized in Nigeria
OAU 58 in Africa
LBS
UI 100 in Africa

where is UNILAG on the list?

@Ofurufu
nice submissions
its true Ife guys dey boast. . .
all na for fun jare. all schools get correct products

PS: This isnt to bring down anyone o. . .
i believe this is just an avenue for us to celebrate our schools. thats all
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by moyo9870: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2008
unilag is way ahead of ife and ui in all aspects except cultism and strikes
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by adewumio: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
And when you visit this url to check the world rankings of all Nigerian Universities:

http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_country.asp?country=ng

-- Just check out the result:

First | Previous | Next | Last | Universities 0 to 0 of 0

For each country only the higher education institutions ranked below the 5,000th position are included

So the bottom line is
Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI -- None of these schools have any place in terms of world rankings as at now (16:26 BST 10th July, 2008).

My advice is this.  (Sarcastic) - Let's celebrate them so that they can continue to retain their "glorious" place in the committee of World Universities since their standards are not relevant to world ratings.
-- That is the spirit.

Cheers

L
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2008
adewumio:

And when you visit this url to check the world rankings of all Nigerian Universities:

http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_country.asp?country=ng

-- Just check out the result:

First | Previous | Next | Last | Universities 0 to 0 of 0

For each country only the higher education institutions ranked below the 5,000th position are included

So the bottom line is
Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI -- None of these schools have any place in terms of world rankings as at now (16:26 BST 10th July, 2008).

My advice is this.  (Sarcastic) - Let's celebrate them so that they can continue to retain their "glorious" place in the committee of World Universities since their standards are not relevant to world ratings.
-- That is the spirit.

Cheers

L

i don't know when Nigerians will try and reason and not gulp any nonsense been forced through our throats.

A VC of a reputable school once told me when i enquired why they were not listed as one of the best unis, 

He said what criteria did they used, his school and any other in naija was at no point contacted about an ongoing rating by any organization

so what basis is their rating , Alexa web, google rating or what?

we should try and embrace our own brains here and not the rubbish been carried around.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2008
who is doing the so called 'recognising' tkb?

Webometrics has little bearing on a school's academic quality, it is based solely on web presence - is that the only standard for rating a school? Imagine rating a school based on the number of pdf's and ppt's available through search engines is that some kind of achievement? I guess if I open DeboskyUniversity.com and stuff it full of pdf's I'll get a ranking higher than some schools on webometrics. Rankings indeed

Foreign Universities accept products from these schools and rate them highly - that for me is a higher 'ranking' than some jumbled up internet grade.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2008
debosky no mind them o grin

he's too full scraps to understand anything.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
(Is The Road To Heaven Paved With Good Intentions ? _ Madonna.)[i][/i]
these days, they are paved even with better intentions.
UNILAG ni joo.

abeg help me warn that persson that mentioned ABU
-good radiance to bad nonsense.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2008
@debosky
this thread wouldnt have survived in the first place if we aint biased. . .
like i said, we all are celebrating our schools

if you check my earlier posts about the rating, i quickly added that most schools on that list cant even compete with yabatech and Ilaropoly. how can we compare UNI of Mogadishu with OAU? lailai

But, lemme quickly say this, no matter what you guys use to rate schools in 9ja
OAU will always be better than UNILAG

na unilag u go? abajo
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by debosky(m): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2008
who said I went to unilag? I haven't defended or chastised any uni being talked about here - I simply made a reference to the dubious rankings being used as a measure.

On what basis is OAU better than Unilag? Please facts here - apart from landmass and the perceived 'difficulty', can you give any empirical evidence to place OAU above Unilag?
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2008
don't know when Nigerians will try and reason and not gulp any nonsense been forced through our throats.

A VC of a reputable school once told me when i enquired why they were not listed as one of the best unis,  

He said what criteria did they used, his school and any other in naija was at no point contacted about an ongoing rating by any organization

so what basis is their rating , Alexa web, google rating or what?

we should try and embrace our own brains here and not the rubbish been carried around.

yeah, i agree with ya. very correct
but watch your grammar Unilag boi. grin grin grin
interesting. lmao

@Debosky
facts?
i don't have facts, the only one we have is the webometrics
grin grin grin
if u have any, bring them and u'll be suprised OAU will always be ahead of LAG.
ill be glad if u can get any
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by nairaguy(m): 4:40am On Jul 11, 2008
i read this thread with so much interest and cudnt help laffing. i knew before reading d posts that i would come across enough beefs for UNILAG most especially from OAU guys. (just d same way people beef Manchester United for no good reason oda that they are always winning. Very ridiculous!)  Honestly, i saw it coming, and guess what? i wasnt disappointed smiley. Still can't comprehend why people cannot be humble enough to admit that UNILAG is indeed a blessing to a country like ours still trying to catch up with developed countries. Nigeria needs more schools like UNILAG to produce not only brilliant chaps but also smart and well rounded ones for that matter who can network and seal deals because they are socially awake in addition to their being intelligent. Of what use is your "difficult bookwormish" culture when u can't package ursef socially? It's a jet age and some folks still want to remain in the stone age doing things the hard way when it should be the smart way i would rather settle for a "funkified and smart bookwormish" environment. u can have it both ways u knw? wink.

Nways, here's my take on some of the comments posted.

[
color=#990000]the only thing unilag have on oau is the social life and that bores down to the university towns. lagos is better than ile-ife.

A: Very wrong. Simply put: the only edge UNILAG has over OAU in addition to every oda thing is the social life. biliv me, OAU is a good school but that is not enough.

Unilag is a party school. Its not their fault. Too many distractions in lag.

A: i still can't stop laffing. pally that is not correct o. if u don't have what it takes to go d extra mile to give ursef some treat. don't blames odas for your shortcomings. cheesy. nways i feel your pains. You see? so you're not well organised and focused to deal with distractions? shakes head u should go and stay in a cave. abi? that way u wont be distracted. grin. ooooops! sorry i dint mean that.

how can u compare LAG to ife in Engineering?
is it because they have a radio station? LOL.

[color=Black]A: stop hating, and besides havent u heard that communication is key ?[/color]

I'm not a social person but I like Unilag because it would have exposed me more.

A: True talk. i actually wanted to go to You.I because of book book book but am glad i went to LAG because i got more than book.

Unilag products,I must admit,are very sharp and well-informed. I'm currently working in one of Nigeria's most respected oil companies,and I had worked in an investment banking institution before,and I must admit that Unilag products I have met are very sharp,exposed and well-informed,

A: Please, tell somebody to tell somebody to tell somebody that LAG rocks

although they may not as brilliant as those of us from Ife and other schools.

A: pally no console ursef, come see brains for LAG and your body go fold u.

Also,I have had red carpet treatments many occasions just because I was an Ife product. During service,other corps members look at those of us from Ife as if we were from another planet,panting in awe and over-respecting us.

A: Nways, other guys can give u that respect just as u guys from Ife can't stop giving UNILAG guys respect deep down in your heart. i really enjoyed d attention during service. wink

Data are also hard to get on this but one thing i can say without taking anything away from the other two is that IFE students have been found to be all round over the years. Aside from the academics they are very conscious of the society. I have had cases where they come top in interview, even their third class are force to be reckon with.

A: Did u say third class? now i know u are not being honest. most employers will not touch u with a ten foot pole if you're a third class irrespective of your school

Unilag is the best amongst them, it's standard of entry is the highest,it really strikes,and it mixes education & social skills making the student better equipped for the outside world. The only thing UI & OAU has on it is better buildings & structures, But i really don't think that's what a student wants to eat.

A: please tell them ooo, it's a jet age and the in-thing is "edutainment". it's education+socials

I think much of the impression a lot of Nigerians (especially Lagosians) have about UNILAG is because of the school's placement in Lagos. This exposes the school to positive press and social glamour. Now, positive press, glamour girls, and pump are not the things that make a great learning institution In Nigeria, Ife is the real deal!

A:i beg, no streamline the exposure to just social glamour. we are exposed in all ramifications. still think d exposure doesnt count? pally wake up, ever wondered why parents nowadays strive to send there kids to great schools like d British secondary schools and d likes. u think its d book only? it's a combo of books and exposure. You said Ife is d real deal. so,what is d real deal? Aluta? your anthem? or your beautiful campus(which i admit is fine)? still LMAO,

Great Ife,we are still leading.I hope they will not rig this by mobilizing people to come and vote for Lag.

A: You see what am talking 'bout. is it about votes? so much beef for LAG. Nways, u can go and mobilise market women to come and "vote" for Ife. I can understand, u guys need am badly grin

Na wa o
d 3 universities r living on past glory
i dey presently run 1 programme for Ife
Ife na d sch wey i don go wey Lecturer dey use Yoruba teach, !
e go spk english to an extent when d grammar don hook am e go turn to yoruba
this programme wey i dey talk na advanced prog o

A: my lips are sealed lipsrsealed

In 98, when lag hosted the NUGA games, it was so much fun 'oppressing' them in their school. Ife sings the old Nigerian Anthem at school occassions, no matter what or who the guest is followed by our school Anthem.

A: Did u say oppressed? just because u recited your "assembly rhymes" like pry school kids? we just cudnt stop u from displaying your uncultured and animalistic lifestyle embarassed u know, just playing the big brother role wink as a host with a large heart. Besides u needed to see d way some Ife guys were scrambling for empty containers of UNILAG bottled water as if they just saw the 8th wonder of the world shocked. Am sure that is was d first time they will see a school with its own bottled water when its actually nothing to us in LAG. i really felt embarrassed. u see what exposure can do?

when Ife graduates marry, we sing the school Anthem. We love our school and the experience of going there.
I wont exchange that for anywhere else.

A: please grow up, your school "ticks" just because of assembly rhymes? sorry em, anthem?

Let’s walk down the memory lane to have a clearer understanding of the issue. We will forever be grateful to visionary leaders like Awolowo and co who knew that knowledge is power and decided to empower the people. How else would you describe a government that built three great universities within the same year, Unilag, OAU and UNIBEN all in 1962!

Unilag came first and was to be in the mould of University of London system…the concept of having a big university in the city. The regional government as at then realised that the majority of the population lived in the countryside and villages far away from Lagos and therefore decided to build OAU and Uniben… OAU to cater for people within manageable distance from IFE (Ife being central and ancestral in the Southwest) and UNIBEN (within distance for people living in the defunct Bendel and may be Ondo)

It is not surprising that these schools (OAU and BEN) embarked on a tribal route since it is populated with people from Ibadan, oyo, ife, Akure, Egba, Ijebu etc and Benin, Etsako, Ondo, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Isoko, Urhobo etc respectively.

OAU since then been a core Yoruba school that has refused to grow up and meet the current demands of the country. (Same can be said of BEN and UNN)

A: see d vision for unilag? check am out! little wonder why LAG products don't struggle to fit in a developed setting when do go abroad to school

UNiLag on the hand was to become the school for the rich. This was because cocoa farmers and other people who could raise the money would rather send their kids to Lagos…a journey that costs a fortune back in the days. These kids come back home during vacations to tell their friends in the village how beautiful it is to live and study in the City and Lagos became every”Ife” dream.

A: "eyaaaa" dreams still come true u knw? wink come to think of it, why wont d rich men want to send their children to LAG and not somewhere else? Of course, they want d best for their loved ones,

there are some facts that are not arguable.among all these schools, O.A.You is simply the best.You.I is a bit ok, but UNILAG is far from being one of the best.don't ask for the parameters i used,but for me, it's O.A.You any day.

A: Of course, i wont ask u d parameters because i know d answer is simply BEEF!!!

UNILAG? most of their graduates are beauties and dudes without brains.they are mostly immature, always thinking about frivolities such as clothes, jewelries, cars,phones, parties, etc. check them out, they are mostly mumies' boys and dadies' pets.they are mostly dependent on people to do things for them.UNILAG graduates, cruxify me if you like but this is coming from my wealth of experience.

A: wealth of experience? did u fail in LAG before going to OAU? And am sure you're doing well academically or better still graduated with a first class in IFE. Is it that cheap? u say we have beautiful damsels and cool dudes and just because of your inferiority complex u had to add "without brains" just to cosole ursef. i know your type who can't handle truth. we've got beauty and brains wink Truth hurts,  and it's not my intention to hurt your feelings

All Nigeria Univeristies are obselete! OAU ,LAG, UI ,ABU or BEN.
Reality stares u in the face when u interact with your peers from other part of the world.
I mean what am saying!
A chemical engineer with first class does not know anything about HYSYS, OLGA, PIPESIM For flow assurance
A Geologist with CGPA 4.8 does not know nadda about petroleum exploration ( basic)
A mechanical engineer can not do basic hydraulic analysis
A met/mat engineer can not calculate corrosion rate.
So called accountants are bunch of dumb head and u are rating Nigerian University.
Ma guys when u enter JD for masters you go begin read like craze to catch up!

A: funny enough, a neighbour of mine who finished from Ife and studying in UK attested to that

I give it to GREATEST IFE, the efissi 4 camp make other schools look like secondary school, the only school with an anthem, abi na lie?

A: shakes head children,

i think that so many UNILAG grads are mostly unaware of schools elsewhere. This I realised when they hosted NUGA game in 98. They kept telling us how their just constructed sports center is better than ours. I asked them to attend OAU's inter hall football competition finals that is played in the night, about 7:30pm under flood lights and they were like is that true?'

A: Very funny,  a school that is well respected as far as exposure is concerned. Please say something else,

An example will suffice at this point. In 98, we lost to UNILAG in the finals of the Football game in NUGA. Since they had complained that we were oppressing them in their school and in Lagos. They were es tactic and drove to their school from Onikan in wild celebrations, thinking that we would be depressed. Our response was in the Great Ife tradition as we started singing 'A du pe ko ju meji lo' ( yoruba for 'we are grateful the goals were not more than two') on our way back to the campus. The UNILAG students who were waiting to humiliate us as they have finally shut our mouth were shocked to see us singing back. The lesson? It is not whether we win or lose on the outside;on the inside we are great. we only try to rtemind people who may have forgotten about it!

A: That they celebrated the victory isnt enough for u to say they were trying to oppress u guys. gosh!!! must u always display your inferiority? it's just one of those things that goes with the spirit of football matches when u win, most especially in the finals.

virtually all us tried d skul and ended elsewhr after admision palava.I'm proud to be an akokite and will alwayz feel special about that.GREEEEEEEAAAAAATEEEEST AKOKIITES!!!!!!!!.

A: that is true. most of them tried Lag and dint succeed. now they are hating,

You can hate LAG all u want, but that dosnt stop them from being the cream de la cream of the Nigerian University.

A: GBAM!!!

The three schools are ok in terms of education,
But for social life, UNILAG

A: This is more like it.

However, I would have considered UI for the prize, but for the quality of their graduates. I have seen at least two UI graduates who applied for PhD in Great Ife, but had to re-take MSc. One of them spent seven semesters again re-taking MSc. They even tried. What about so called Akokaites? They don't even think of taking a post grad in Great Ife, except executive MBA. Hmmmmmmmmmnnnn I understand why.

A: Why would i want to do an M.Sc  for that matter in a school like Ife considering the fact that i finished from LAG? Pally am not thinking of doin an M.Sc in Naija. It has to be UK. but if i av to do it in Naija, its Lag or nowhere. i have tasted light. Cant go back to darkness.

You simply feel Unilag students are not as brilliant because of the places You’ve been to. Recently for a Total-Elf scholarship award for Postgraduate Study abroad, 60 engineers/geoscientists were tested, We were only 4 from Unilag. After the test that same day, 14 people were shortlisted for interviews, the 4 of us were among. After the Interviews some weeks later, 7 people were offered the scholarship, the 4 of us were still among.

A: what else do u expect from people who are not well informed.

I don’t understand why you now want to go to Unilag for your masters? Do you now see the need to be sharp, exposed and well-informed besides being brilliant?

A: Dont mind them, they are just hating,  i av said it before and i will say it again. They respect LAG deep down in their hearts but beeef no go gree them admit.

Interviewers also respect Unilag Grads. I have gotten two job offers in the past with KPMG and Schlumberger. My interviewers were “not alarmed” when they realized I went to the same Unilag with them. It was just a regular thing for them.

My people, abeg sharp up and send your kids to good schools Oh.

1. For all-rounded, exposed, sharp and intelligent kids who will top their class both in academics and socials, send them to UNILAG.
2. For brilliant and lousy kids who take pride in the beautiful structures in their school, and do ALUTA daily, send them to OAU.

OAU is just a mediocre school where everyone makes life difficult for themselves.

On what basis is OAU better than Unilag? Please facts here - apart from landmass and the perceived 'difficulty', can you give any empirical evidence to place OAU above Unilag?

i don't have facts, the only one we have is the webometrics[/color]

A: need i say more,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2008
nairaguy:

i read this thread with so much interest and cudnt help laffing. i knew before reading d posts that i would come across enough beefs for UNILAG most especially from OAU guys. (just d same way people beef Manchester United for no good reason oda that they are always winning. Very ridiculous!) Honestly, i saw it coming, and guess what? i wasnt disappointed smiley. Still can't comprehend why people cannot be humble enough to admit that UNILAG is indeed a blessing to a country like ours still trying to catch up with developed countries. Nigeria needs more schools like UNILAG to produce not only brilliant chaps but also smart and well rounded ones for that matter who can network and seal deals because they are socially awake in addition to their being intelligent. Of what use is your "difficult bookwormish" culture when u can't package ursef socially? It's a jet age and some folks still want to remain in the stone age doing things the hard way when it should be the smart way i would rather settle for a "funkified and smart bookwormish" environment. u can have it both ways u knw? wink.

Nways, here's my take on some of the comments posted.

[

A: Very wrong. Simply put: the only edge UNILAG has over OAU in addition to every oda thing is the social life. biliv me, OAU is a good school but that is not enough.

A: i still can't stop laffing. pally that is not correct o. if u don't have what it takes to go d extra mile to give ursef some treat. don't blames odas for your shortcomings. cheesy. nways i feel your pains. You see? so you're not well organised and focused to deal with distractions? shakes head u should go and stay in a cave. abi? that way u wont be distracted. grin. ooooops! sorry i dint mean that.

[color=Black]A: stop hating, and besides havent u heard that communication is key ?[/color]

A: True talk. i actually wanted to go to You.I because of book book book but am glad i went to LAG because i got more than book.

A: Please, tell somebody to tell somebody to tell somebody that LAG rocks

A: pally no console ursef, come see brains for LAG and your body go fold u.

A: Nways, other guys can give u that respect just as u guys from Ife can't stop giving UNILAG guys respect deep down in your heart. i really enjoyed d attention during service. wink

A: Did u say third class? now i know u are not being honest. most employers will not touch u with a ten foot pole if you're a third class irrespective of your school

A: please tell them ooo, it's a jet age and the in-thing is "edutainment". it's education+socials

A:i beg, no streamline the exposure to just social glamour. we are exposed in all ramifications. still think d exposure doesnt count? pally wake up, ever wondered why parents nowadays strive to send there kids to great schools like d British secondary schools and d likes. u think its d book only? it's a combo of books and exposure. You said Ife is d real deal. so,what is d real deal? Aluta? your anthem? or your beautiful campus(which i admit is fine)? still LMAO,

A: You see what am talking 'bout. is it about votes? so much beef for LAG. Nways, u can go and mobilise market women to come and "vote" for Ife. I can understand, u guys need am badly grin

A: my lips are sealed lipsrsealed

A: Did u say oppressed? just because u recited your "assembly rhymes" like pry school kids? we just cudnt stop u from displaying your uncultured and animalistic lifestyle embarassed u know, just playing the big brother role wink as a host with a large heart. Besides u needed to see d way some Ife guys were scrambling for empty containers of UNILAG bottled water as if they just saw the 8th wonder of the world shocked. Am sure that is was d first time they will see a school with its own bottled water when its actually nothing to us in LAG. i really felt embarrassed. u see what exposure can do?

A: please grow up, your school "ticks" just because of assembly rhymes? sorry em, anthem?

A: see d vision for unilag? check am out! little wonder why LAG products don't struggle to fit in a developed setting when do go abroad to school

A: "eyaaaa" dreams still come true u knw? wink come to think of it, why wont d rich men want to send their children to LAG and not somewhere else? Of course, they want d best for their loved ones,

A: Of course, i wont ask u d parameters because i know d answer is simply BEEF!!!

A: wealth of experience? did u fail in LAG before going to OAU? And am sure you're doing well academically or better still graduated with a first class in IFE. Is it that cheap? u say we have beautiful damsels and cool dudes and just because of your inferiority complex u had to add "without brains" just to cosole ursef. i know your type who can't handle truth. we've got beauty and brains wink Truth hurts, and it's not my intention to hurt your feelings

A: funny enough, a neighbour of mine who finished from Ife and studying in UK attested to that

A: shakes head children,

A: Very funny, a school that is well respected as far as exposure is concerned. Please say something else,

A: That they celebrated the victory isnt enough for u to say they were trying to oppress u guys. gosh!!! must u always display your inferiority? it's just one of those things that goes with the spirit of football matches when u win, most especially in the finals.

A: that is true. most of them tried Lag and dint succeed. now they are hating,

A: GBAM!!!

A: This is more like it.

A: Why would i want to do an M.Sc for that matter in a school like Ife considering the fact that i finished from LAG? Pally am not thinking of doin an M.Sc in Naija. It has to be UK. but if i av to do it in Naija, its Lag or nowhere. i have tasted light. Cant go back to darkness.

A: what else do u expect from people who are not well informed.

A: Dont mind them, they are just hating, i av said it before and i will say it again. They respect LAG deep down in their hearts but beeef no go gree them admit.
A: need i say more,

Nairaguy, o'lenu gan! O'lenu ku. With this harangue, I cannot but conclude that you are jealous of Ife? Or are you one of those people that ran berserk because they couldn't secure admission into Ife? For your information, I had filled UNILAG in my UME form in 2000 before my brother(himself a Unilag product) advised that I should erase it. His reason: Even with 300 in UME,admission is not guaranteed in Unilag,because it is for the HIGHEST BIDDER,not the MOST BRILLIANT. I took corrector fluid and changed it to Ife. Today, one of the happiest things that have happened to me is passing thru Ife. I can't imagine not being part of this ovation.

Back to your venomous post, tkb417 will answer you!!! You have invited a brand of aluta we call INTELLECTUAL ALUTA(online version)!!!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by tkb417(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2008
@Nairaguy
I don't expect less from a LAG product. . .
Pure and undiluted BALONEY!!!

I haven’t decided whether you are obtuse, naive or just plain thick, yet!!

And if you are actually gullible enough to believe LAG and IFE can be compared - which, i believe is a misnomer in terms -then you are also deluded.

If you ever want to grasp the opportunity to see brilliant and well rounded people whose skill, grace, talent and genius simply leaves your plodders trailing in their wake, then IFE is the place to be.

Hahahahaha !!!!!!! I love it !!!!!!! There’s only one OAU ……. and that certainly isn’t in Ibadan, Abuja or Lagos, for that matter. Have a nice, green day full of envy.

Tosser!!!!!!

PS: you can say whatever u like, IFE guys wouldnt give a single toss of a hammer!!!
orisirisi  lmao
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by hotrat4all(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2008
who re those that said that UNILAG n UI is better than d most beautiful campus in africa n d school that ve d best library in africa(OAU).If no OAU than i better go abroad n school.GRATEST IFE we LOVE u, any other IFE is a counterfiet
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Gbosko: 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
Any claim that UNILAG or UI, or any university in the Sub-Sahara is better than OAU-Ife can be nothing but a display of raving disillusive fanaticism. Obviously a lot of guys that come on this thread to make those claims have never been to OAU-Ife. Take a pilgrimage to Ile-Ife, book a room at Hotel Diganga, and visit OAU every day for 1week, and you would whimper in shame for appearing like a fool to the glaring view of over one million better informed Nairalanders. The cost of building OAU-Ife will build at least six Unilag campuses and any comparison between the two is pure silly-babyish-naughtiness!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by sucess001(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2008
NOW,

Y'ALLL AMATEURS,

LISTEN!!!

WAT MATTERS IN SUCH ISSUES IS THE NUC RANKING, WHICH HAS HAD U.I TOPPING FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS,

ONLY IFE COMES CLOSE, EVEN THEN THEY DONT VE A UNESCO STANDARD LIBRARY(LESS THAN 1MILLION BOOKS) AND ARE ALWAYS GOING ON STRIKE,

U.I HAS A NAME, A BRAND, FOR NOT COMPROMISIN ON THEIR EDUCATIONAL PRODUCTS, THATS WHY THEY ARE SOUGHT AFTER,

SOMETIME AGO, ACESS AND IBTC SAID THEY ONLY WANTED U.I AND IFE GRADS,

TRUTH IS,

U.I IS THE FIRST AND THE BEST IN NIGERIA, GO ASK YOUR LECTURERS!!!

AM NOT GOIN TO JOIN ISSUES WITH Y'ALL ADMISSION SEEKIN, NEW GRADUATES AND UNDERGRADS WANNABEES

U.I RULES!!!!!!!!!! angry grin cool
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by gidig(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2008
@nairaguy!

This is what we get from all UNILAG people;they wish their university was in the same category as Ife and they invent all sorts of reasons why a school that is obviously ordinary as UNILAG should be regarded as special. The only thing going for UNILAG is the fact that it is located in Lagos. Take that away, and many Universities in Nigeria are better than Lag by several miles! The admission you alluded to is well known to everyone that it is a case of first pay first serve in UNILAG. What is the impact of the admission in the products of the school overtime?

Ask around. From  those within and outside the country and they will tell you that there is something different about an Ife product. It is not just the structures o! What some of you call arrogance is only a sense of pride. For people who finished about the same year I finished, it is the highest insult to engage in any form of comparison between Ife and Lag. UI, one can tolerate as they have a sense of heritage but UNILAG, no way. UNILAG is so overrated! I'd even choose Ilorin  ahead of Lag! That is the fact.

I know that you lag people will want to defend your schools and all that but you never compare death with deep sleep!! I see people from Lag everyday and I am mostly disappointed not because I expect them to be like Ife people but at least closer by some reasonable distance. Visit Ife my guy and when you are done, ask around; within and outside the country.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by sucess001(m): 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2008
TRUTHFULLY,

IFE PRODUCTS ARE STANDARD TOO,

VE GOT QUITE A NUMBER AS FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES IN THE OFFICE,

MY FRIEND WHO FINISHED FROM U.I ALSO LECTURES IN IFE,

BUT,

U.I IS JUST DIFFERENT,

THE NUMBER OF PROFS IN U.I ALONE IS LIKE TWICE THAT OF IFE,

BESIDES, THE PRODUCTS,

ENGINEERS AND DOCTORS FROM U.I ARE THE MOST REVERRED!!

EVERYWHERE U TURN, U SEE THE PRODUCTS,

IN ALL SECTORS OF THE ECONOMY,

EVEN POLITICAL LEADERS,

EVEN ON NAIRALAND HERE, WE RULE!!! NUBIAN, U DEY? NA LIE I LIE?!!!

U.I GRADS ARE JUST COOL CALM EASY GOIN PPLE, LIKE THE BRITISH, grin grin

THATS WHY U DONT SEE LOTS OF COMMENT FROM EM,

U & I KNOW U & I ROCKS!! grin cool
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by bolanleife(f): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2008
greatest ife
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by niyi09(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
@bolanle.r u in ife presently
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ukwuomaku: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
my guy,u are definitely biased for comparing these three universities,is either u are a yoruba person or u are a student/graduate of one of these universities or both.stop decieving yourself.u and i know that all the first generation universities are living in past glories.u shouldn't prefer any nigerian uni.nigerian education is dead waiting to be buried,hey! what do u know?
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ukwuomaku: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2008
my guy,u are definitely biased for comparing these three universities,is either u are a yoruba person or u are a student/graduate of one of these universities or both.stop decieving yourself.u and i know that all the first generation universities are living in past glories.u shouldn't prefer any nigerian uni.nigerian education is dead waiting to be buried,hey! what do u know?
  i am a graduate of UNN,came out tops in my class.hey! wake up guys we are in a world of what u know and what u can offer to the society.satan bless u if u cannot proove yourself in all ramifications as a graduate.please u all should take this advice or perish in nothington land.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ukwuomaku: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2008
  i am a graduate of UNN,came out tops in my class.hey! wake up guys we are in a world of what u know and what u can offer to the society.satan bless u if u cannot proove yourself in all ramifications as a graduate.please u all should take this advice or perish in nothington land.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by ofurufu(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
ukwuomaku:

And is that why you want to break your keyboard. Are you that angry? Posting same message thrice.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by oYaTo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2008
I had reason to be in Unilag yesterday. No doubt Unilag is a great school, but as I took a walk round the school, I really was fascinated.  I couldn't help but get the feeling that most of the girls looked like over-madeup mannequins as they strode by me; and the guys were no different either, tryin' to exude a sense of "being a big boy", with earings adorning their earlobes and chains hangin from their jeans and rides over-embossed with their ego (actually saw a dude drive past with one hand on the wheel, the other clutchin' a phone to his ear, and his license plate readin' what? u guessed it! "BUGA". Actually had a good laugh when he drove past. What a spectacle!)

All this said, every school's got it's own share of delinquents, and Unilag's still a good school. I got friends and cousins in the school and graduates as well who are doing absolutely well. . .

But the thing that struck me as I took in all the sights was it didn't strike me much as an academic environment.  I didn't get the feeling I could experience a kind of serenity that could serve as a catalyst in my academic studies if I was a student of the instititution. I could be wrong, and maybe the Akokites have found a way of substituting that lack of serenity for something else, and I guess it works for them.

I graduated from OAU, and I wouldn't trade it for another university. Its status as a genuine academic environment can't even be challenged by my honourable Akokites. I didn't experience the so-called "lack of social impetus" (although I'm aware of it), because I had all the fun as a student: joined a social/philantrophic club, went for field trips, attended numerous parties, dated lots of chics. .at some point I had a tough time balancing all these with my engineering studies, but I still managed to graduate with a correct 2.1 (thanx 2 Almighty God!).

Believe me, Ife truly rocks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 UTME 13th May - Live Update / Amotekun Is Cheetah Not Leopard / The Message University Of Liverpool Issued To Students Masturbating In Toilets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.