Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? (11752 Views)

Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? / Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by hrykanu231(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
OP, what exactly are u sad abt, the experience or the perceived selfless service amidst under the sun or in the rain? This same service to fatherland almost cost me my life in 2011 and I equally remember some unlucky guys losing their lifes in Bauchi just because of this service thingy. Young man u beta start asking ur self more important questions that will make u a factor to be reckoned with, while u sojourn here on earth. Use ur exemption Cert and be ahead of ur colleagues.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ada Nri1: Na you make mistake op.
Alot of corpers dey reduce age before graduation.
If you'd reduced your age u for dey serve now.
Just check if u can still do it.
Nobody should try to criticise my post o, because most ppl in this world will lie to get what they want so long as it's not hurting any one
I second you jare, y ddnt you reduce your age since you wanted NYSC badly? ? Date of birth isn't written on nysc cert afterall, u could move on with ur normal DOB after service
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Oga,stop whining and move on with ur life.I deliberately exempted myself from the NYSC programme by increasing my age.I got an exemption certificate which serves the same purpose as the discharge certificate.i was preparing to resume my third job within that same year when my friends were passing out of NYSC. Guy,if you've got the quality,you'll get job jare. grin grin grin

MSB365: Honestly, l cant explain my feelings for some days now, l am a 2013 batch C-supposed-corper but my name was on the exemption lists as a result of Age terminal. As much as l tried to forget this painful act,l could not just take my mind off because l keep asking, if those that served stil look for job,what is my fate now that l didnt serve. I always believed that "to serve Nigeria is not by force" but Now, l understood why those (politicians not corpers) that claimed to be serving nigeria never want to stop serving.

Cant FG and NYSC just consider all graduates without sentiment? because it is painful.

Please, what can l do to relief this pain?
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Fadelex(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
well, I didn't serve either, I got exemption cuz I already served in battlefield. I think d only fun about it is d 3 weeks orientation camp, after that nysc is crap.... when my peeps discus so much fun they had in camp, I only told dem my 3 months experience in training school, then 6 weeks in gwoza camp not leaving out 6 months hustle wit boko boys in maiduguri....
@op, just move on, there are some things u have to miss in ur lifetime...

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by yemmit90: 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
MSB365: Pls, dnt just view this post, l really need ur take on this.........it will go an extra miles in soothing the pain......tnx!

That's what happen when you think your entire life depends on NYSC. I was exempted too but already move on with my life even before the name was pasted.

Get up my friend and think of what next to do. I knew it pains you because of Alawi, what if you're posted to the expensive cities like Lagos,Calabar,ph, or Binin and end up spending all your stipend allowi?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by bigx(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
When it was my turn I was looking for your opportunity.
The scheme as at present is a waste of youthful years.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by moststylish(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ada Nri1: Na you make mistake op.
Alot of corpers dey reduce age before graduation.
If you'd reduced your age u for dey serve now.
Just check if u can still do it.
Nobody should try to criticise my post o, because most ppl in this world will lie to get what they want so long as it's not hurting any one
thats wat i tot,u could hv reduce ur age or better still reduce ur age n apply again
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by moststylish(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2013
bigx: When it was my turn I was looking for your opportunity.
The scheme as at present is a waste of youthful years.
just 1 yr bros nt yrs
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by martowskin1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
area_boy1: Oga,stop whining and move on with ur life.I deliberately exempted myself from the NYSC programme by increasing my age.I got an exemption certificate which serves the same purpose as the discharge certificate.i was preparing to resume my third job within that same year when my friends were passing out of NYSC. Guy,if you've got the quality,you'll get job jare. grin grin grin

@bolded part: And that is wat am talking about....the best comment hav seen in nairaland so far
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by simpleseyi: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
I served in 2001 and I wished I did not. It was just a one year waste of my life. NYSC has outlived its useful and should be scraped.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by IleIfe2(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: I've met a few peeps who weren't opportune to partake in the youth service probably because took part in sandwich programme or age restriction. They wished they could be part of it, thanks to the stories and adventures ex-corpers narrate after their service year..
But personally, I think the youth service should just end after the orientation camp and each corper should be given their 1 year allawee in bulk and move on with their lives abeg

may God bless you till kingdom come
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by princecuite(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: I've met a few peeps who weren't opportune to partake in the youth service probably because took part in sandwich programme or age restriction. They wished they could be part of it, thanks to the stories and adventures ex-corpers narrate after their service year..
But personally, I think the youth service should just end after the orientation camp and each corper should be given their 1 year allawee in bulk and move on with their lives abeg

pls what's the age limit for nysc applicant's?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
princecuite: pls what's the age limit for nysc applicant's?
if you graduate before age 30, you are eligible for service
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Miner13: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
justplainpaul: Op, what do u stand to gain as a corper. is it the peanut they call allowee or the adventure as a corper. what matters in this country is money. collect your exemption letter and start husling. there is no time, but u still want to waste your time on Nysc. i myself don`t have any age restriction to serve but if i find a way not to serve after graduation with no qualms i will be very happy.

stop dis lie of urs jare!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by samuelkew(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Believe in Robert Frost's words 'Life Goes On' and then see yourself as different and special, feel perhaps not 'serving' as something for your good. Now get engaged in something profitable such as business. Capital problem? Start small; you can also start producing things or quickly spend the idle' time to learn somethings like soap making, -making, -making. Then thank God for not serving.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by drdams: 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
Move on, thank God u were even exempted, some pple dnt av it (Part timers, satelite campuses, etc).
MSB365: Honestly, l cant explain my feelings for some days now, l am a 2013 batch C-supposed-corper but my name was on the exemption lists as a result of Age terminal. As much as l tried to forget this painful act,l could not just take my mind off because l keep asking, if those that served stil look for job,what is my fate now that l didnt serve. I always believed that "to serve Nigeria is not by force" but Now, l understood why those (politicians not corpers) that claimed to be serving nigeria never want to stop serving.

Cant FG and NYSC just consider all graduates without sentiment? because it is painful.

Please, what can l do to relief this pain?
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by since1914(m): 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
OP, don't you think you should be worried about more important things than about how much 'fun' you are missing by not going for service? Well, if it might interest you, I purposely refused to serve or stage manage an 'Exemption' from service even when everyone around me thought I was making a mistake, well 5 years later, I still haven't had any cause to regret my actions. My advice to you is to direct your energy towards realizing your dreams.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by samuelkew(m): 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
@justPlainPaul, I love that replt, I also do think of a way to avoid serving. Just if possible. So, serving NGR has just a vaunted glorification, it's nothing to cry about. And if it has happened and can't be reversed, please, expunge the pain and settle for the gain.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by pek(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
NYSC Scheme should be burnt in the deepest, darkest, hottest part of hell.

Please don't mention Isreal, cause we all know they are under threat, so they need mandatory military training, sorta like drafting.

What other country of note, has a scheme deliberately designed to impede professional growth?

All for what? So we can love each other?

F.o.c.k outta here!
I won't bother replying your trash or try to school you on the importance of the scheme. But note, it is Israel and not Isreal!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by desertboom(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
My brother, if you want to serve there is still a way out. Just apply again by reducing your age simple.
If you don't understand ask questions and I will tell you how to go about it.
It is not late.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by YoshiMaster: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
pek: I won't bother replying your trash or try to school you on the importance of the scheme. But note, it is Israel and not Isreal!

My dear friend, please tell me what the benefits are?

I hear you can't even go for masters in Nigeria without the NYSC.

I'm not even trying to fight nobody today, if you want to calmly state the advantages of the NYSC to Nigerian youths, then let's discuss.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by temmie013(f): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
@OP so sorry bout dis, in my own case nysc was a 1derful experience and I av no regrets cos I rilly explored,tho d 3weeks was d most interesting but believe me everytin dat happens is 4 a purpose. All u need do is see d positive sides of it...tho u aren't opportuned 2 gain dat experience buh there are lots more u may av gained by not serving.
Look ahead @ d bright future, wish u a good job and so much more...

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by yemmit90: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
MSB365: Pls, dnt just view this post, l really need ur take on this.........it will go an extra miles in soothing the pain......tnx!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Orikinla(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
NO.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by dekingboy: 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Personally,I'm of d opinion that service is no big deal than assasination of tym.I spent the whole searching for its essence to the point I wished I was older.Most jobs nysc will fetch you ur exemption letter can too.The fact that nysc is for femsles only came to fore after I left camp n discovered that 95% of nysc staff members are women.In conclusion no body knew I served even the officials,my ppa n my cd group.I have my certificate at home ryte now am in the real world.Dont regret any crap u can become a millionair in one year.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by greggng: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
My bros u brought this matter very late. When you were in ur final year before result verification I would ve helped you if you had raised this issue. Is a public place I won't say much . Ur age would ve been reduced and you re good to go. Afterall you don't ve to attend a full time programe only to miss out the service. As far as naija is concern no good job without that certificate. You can also settle for exemption
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by lyricalz: 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
The exemption letter is an equivalent to d NYSC cert. Anywhere they ask u for NYSC cert u can present d exemption letter.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
justplainpaul: Op, what do u stand to gain as a corper. is it the peanut they call allowee or the adventure as a corper. what matters in this country is money. collect your exemption letter and start husling. there is no time, but u still want to waste your time on Nysc. i myself don`t have any age restriction to serve but if i find a way not to serve after graduation with no qualms i will be very happy.
pls help me tell him.Am even praying to escape this nysc of a stuff,tell him that money is what matters in this country.What kind of experience do you want out of nysc.Is it dose girlz toto or what?You beta make great use of ur time,you dnt know what God has planned for you.Fvck nysc
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Baby7(f): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
undecidedAm also for batch C and am not so excited abt it. I mean its all like a waste of time 2 me...I'd suggest u start something payable and trust me, u'll be glad u didn't go! D most important thing is; u're now outta skool man. smiley cheer up! God knws best!!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Mishydoo(m): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Take it from me , Batch C2012....NYSC IS A WASTE OF TIME.....!!!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Hartarmah(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
If u can read dis,i want to tell u categorically dt d idea bhind NYSC is nt wot is bin done nw.Dia is nothing in serving nw adays except u r a focused person nd wen u serve nd cum back u jst see dt u r back at hime nd d year jst went like dt.D only tyn is jst d xperience nd d environment u changed.Accept dt is God's plan for u nd dt he shld make u live in his plan,dts all.NYSC is nothing apart frm d 3weeks u do in camp,so take heart,be focused nd pursue.God elp u
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Charbless(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013

I feel u bro!!!!!!! The stress is much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Got My NYSC 2015 Batch A Call Number Via Sms / Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. / NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.