Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,505 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? (11646 Views)

Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? / Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Charbless(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
NYSC !!!! Still d best tin d@ can happen to an average person.
Its good to Serve. Mine won't be a waste of time
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
@OP: what really is there to miss about the scheme apart from change of environment and few weeks of fun?

@ your age you are supposed to be strategizing on your career path instead of crying for an almost unprofitable nysc scheme.

For goodness sake you are getting an exemption certificate which is equivalent to discharge certificate.

Omo what the discharge certificate can do the exemption can do also.

Good luck
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by mkoabiola: 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
No cash can buy d lyf tym xperience.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Mote2(m): 12:55am On Oct 22, 2013
Ada Nri1: Na you make mistake op.
Alot of corpers dey reduce age before graduation.
If you'd reduced your age u for dey serve now.
Just check if u can still do it.
Nobody should try to criticise my post o, because most ppl in this world will lie to get what they want so long as it's not hurting any one

How does one do this am very interested...?
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by LaryBoy(m): 3:31am On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=MSB365]Honestly, l cant explain my feelings for some days now, l am a 2013 batch C-supposed-corper but my name was on the exemption lists as a result of Age terminal. As much as l tried to forget this painful act,l could not just take my mind off because l keep asking, if those that served stil look for job,what is my fate now that l didnt serve. I always believed that "to serve Nigeria is not by force" but Now, l understood why those (politicians not corpers) that claimed to be serving nige.. just take 1 tap of IGBO.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 22, 2013
Op, I know how you feel. I experienced it firsthand. I was at home for an extra year while my colleagues went on to serve. What made worse is I kept seeing corpers everywhere, even on Tv, news was always about corpers them, I was miserable, Drumroll, i finally went for NYSC,after camp I couldn't wait to go back home. Its all overrated...imo
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by charlesskully: 6:46am On Oct 22, 2013
If you really badly want to serve just adjust your age and get yourself remobilised....when you get to camp you see people well above 30yrs of age nah.so that shouldn't be a big deal.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Atigba: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2013
Yap...you will miss a lot if you don't serve your father land.you might lost some opportunities...it was through NYSC I got the federal job am doing now.during the period I had the opportunity to work with some of the best professors in the country in a universities commission.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by jeffoe(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
if nysc is not mandatory I would not participate in it cos for me it is waste of one year

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by dasparrow: 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Post

OP, I don't know why you are complaining. You are getting a exempt certificate so what else do you want? NYSC is not all that. If I had a chance to get an exemption letter, I would have. When you are a corper, you are not respected because everyone knows that you are getting allowee which is a small amount of money. The NYSC staff tend to treat corpers like crap. It is horrible. The only thing I like about NYSC is getting to meet fellow corpers during the CDS but that's it. You are not missing anything so relax.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by ofilispeaks(m): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
MSB365: Honestly, l cant explain my feelings for some days now, l am a 2013 batch C-supposed-corper but my name was on the exemption lists as a result of Age terminal. As much as l tried to forget this painful act,l could not just take my mind off because l keep asking, if those that served stil look for job,what is my fate now that l didnt serve. I always believed that "to serve Nigeria is not by force" but Now, l understood why those (politicians not corpers) that claimed to be serving nigeria never want to stop serving.

Cant FG and NYSC just consider all graduates without sentiment? because it is painful.

Please, what can l do to relief this pain?

O boy I fit bye your exemption letter...lol
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by lyndchi(f): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
All i can say is: dis NYSC programme is a complete crap. A waste of money, resources and time. Will drain one completely all because of wat? Wen its nt certain dat if u r done wit serving ur nation, ur nation will serve u wit a job! U will be issued an exemption letter so pls use ur 1yr constructively. Most pple serving are nt enjoyin dis package @all. They are jst under duress 4 a yr, no leave no transfer. Workin 4 pple who complain bout their service. So i dnt see y u should be troubling urself. Ur exemption letter should speak 4 u when u job hunt. U musn't experience everytin, xpecially nt NYSC!
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by lyndchi(f): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
I swear, i 4 no border if NYSC was nt compulsory.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Sike(m): 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
But wait, what's the age limit for that ish self? Seriously, i don't know. Anybody?
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sike: But wait, what's the age limit for that ish self? Seriously, i don't know. Anybody?
not older than 75 years
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by dorggito1(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2013
Nop its not a waste of time but a waste of time if u dnt use ur exemption letter correctly
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Mote2(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
dorggito1: Nop its not a waste of time but a waste of time if u dnt use ur exemption letter correctly
What do u mean by not using the exemption letter correctly?
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by tojahh(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2013
@OP, don't really understands where most dudes are coming from saying NYSC is a waste of time, its crap, its shit and all that. That after service you couldn't get a job doesn't mean the service is a waste of time. Someone even said "if its not mandatory she would have opted out" who told you it is Mandatory? For the record Its a thing of choice. Yes you were exempted, its painful because no matter how you see it, putting on that Uniform is a thing of pride, You have every reason to cry foul, because the experience cannot be bought or over-emphasized. Cry all you can because it was worth the pain but Pride yourself cause the exemption letter will serve same purpose as the Discharge Cert.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mote2:

How does one do this am very interested...?
I dont know, but I've seen People that did it by writing a new waec and using it. But ask around you must see way.
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by Mote2(m): 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ada Nri1: I dont know, but I've seen People that did it by writing a new waec and using it. But ask around you must see way.

Thanks, I would do just that..
Re: NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? by sonnieg4luv: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
Gud day folks, i actually reduced my age to enable me serve, but now i have gotten a job to start by January. what can i do to maintain my original age. pls ur comment will be of help pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. / Dear Corper, You Have To Read This / Just Got My NYSC 2015 Batch A Call Number Via Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.