Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks (32776 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Omotola Speaks On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by ZackiGp(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by ZackiGp(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
prof.femi:

Hmm, sofri sofri o smiley Your point is very well taken: lots of us lecturers are grossly unprofessional. I know exactly what you are talking about. However, I do believe (or hope?) they are in the minority.
Mr femi, what are u feeling like? U think u are better than other lecturers? I wonder who or what is deceiving u. Greed, selfishness and shamelessness characterized writeup and dats wat ASUU represents. I think u are confuse.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Williamchuks(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
Bro, they are human, I understand. But need I say that some of them have no business teaching, in a civilised society. An instance might suffice. In my varsity, some lecturers find it difficult teaching the concept of Calculus. I ask, these lecturers are they unaware of the power of the internet? The should take a cue from their colleagues in sane society. At this point, I pledge my unalloyed support for Prof. Femi's views. Well, it boils down to attracting best minds in our varsities. It is about funds still. Who knows? Maybe these lecturers aren't performing well because they are not well remunerated. Who knows?
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by proffemi: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
[quote author=oxford][/quote]

1. Yes u all should be fired! What are guys been paid for? For running ur photocopy centres?
Shrug. Go ahead and fire us then. Hope that makes you happy.

then dont come here and tell about a 2009 silly agreement( or isnt asking govt to transfer land to ASUU silly?)
Look, I do have to agree with you on this one though. ASUU has no business asking for landed properties. You heard me right.

2. Prof i challenge u to tell this house if u as a person has ever or not sold handout before. This is an intergrity test.
- Hahaha. I honestly feel sorry for you (I sincerely do not mean that in a demeaning way, God is my witness). The fact that you would be ready to trust my answer reveals the sincerity behind your utterances. I think you just had a raw deal in terms of the university you went to. Dude, I have NEVER in my life sold hand outs. None of my friends has EVER done that. In my university, it is illegal to sell handouts. People still do it in the faculty of social sciences, but as far as I know, they convert them to actual books with ISBN. Dude, I have to say, you have one heck of a weird view of academics. To be frank, it is not entirely unfounded, but you've got to believe me, we are not all bad guys. If you are interested, you can rustle up an old thread I opened on Nairaland to tell you the sort of person I am.

3. Go check the dictionary definition of blackmail
- okay, will do smiley

4. Ever heard of street protest, ever heard of industrial court? What about partial strike action?
- Okay...can you please tell me one instance where this worked in Nigeria?

5. 130 billion + bugetary allocation + etf fund is not enough sign? What other sign are u asking for? The sign of jona i quess
- Since I assume you speak from a place of sincerity, let me explain to you gently. Budgetary allocation is not enough. Can you please go up and see what I "claimed" to be an estimate of the cost of running a university? ASUU and government made a pact in 2009 and TOGETHER planned a roadmap that the government has refused to follow. So you don;t think ASUU has cause to doubt the sincerity of that government. Finally, the 130 billion is made up of: 30 billion out of (87 billion? 92 billion?) owed for allowances , and 100 billion for infrastructure. All good, but for the fact that 70 billion of that is taken from TETFUND, which is already earmarked for the universities (I'm quoting ASUU president here...). That's right, government is robbing the universities to pay the universities.

6. My take is that ASUU will make a very good political party, why not apply to inec to be registered as one?
- you have a right to that thought.

ASUU = strike. Kindly prove otherwise
- People say I am a relatively good programmer, but I have no idea what this equation means. Okay...you want us to prove that we're not all about strike? Yorubas say "ti abiku ba gboggan kiku, iya e a gbogban sisin" (as long as the ogbanje child continues to die, his mum will continue to bury him"wink. When government realizes that we have not just lost the race to the developed countries, but are now about to get behind Ghana and other serious African countries, I will stop to support any strike action.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by U235weapongrade: 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
@oxford I tire for u sef..is it all lecturers dat sell handouts dat are Bad...As long as you were not forced to buy the handouts.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by proffemi: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
ZackiGp: Mr femi, what are u feeling like? U think u are better than other lecturers? I wonder who or what is deceiving u. Greed, selfishness and shamelessness characterized ur writeup. I think u are confused.

One reason why I value anonymity online is that it allows me to speak without my personality getting in the way of the message. From your post, it appears I have gotten to the stage of diminishing returns; a stage where others start taking offences at my perceived personality issues. I think my original post and the answers I have given are enough for people who *need* to be informed. I will henceforth cease posting on this topic.

For the records, I do not have a superiority complex. I have however been privileged to relate to my peers in the world's top universities and I have an exact sense of who I am. If that sounds like pride (or selfishness or shamelessness), please forgive me.

All the best, and good night.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Williamchuks: Bro, they are human, I understand. But need I say that some of them have no business teaching, in a civilised society. An instance might suffice. In my varsity, some lecturers find it difficult teaching the concept of Calculus. I ask, these lecturers are they unaware of the power of the internet? The should take a cue from their colleagues in sane society. At this point, I pledge my unalloyed support for Prof. Femi's views. Well, it boils down to attracting best minds in our varsities. It is about funds still. Who knows? Maybe these lecturers aren't performing well because they are not well remunerated. Who knows?

Preach on brother! Partly because, with all due respect, some of them don't deserve to be there if things were right. Like the prof said, better conditions of service will attract better people. j'adhère totalement.

We need Nigerian solutions to Nigerian problems, the academia can do it!
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by ZackiGp(m): 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
prof.femi:

Hope you won't mind if I decide not to debate you? I don't think we have the same conceptions of logic, evidence-based arguments, and politeness. Yes, I admit you have me totally floored. I have made my points. I will let others read yours and realize how terrible we are.
confused prof, u must engage him oo, cos u started this whole thing. The question is why are u running frm the truth?
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Oh c'mon prof. The internet is like that. Going away now is akin to giving up on us. I believe that's an unaffordable choice. please just ignore our uncouth brothers. The mods should please do their duties.

And to our erring brothers, profanity is an attempt by a feeble mind to expressed itself forcibly...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by onlyme07(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Prof..I have read all your post and comments all day long,they are very educative at least, trying to tell us what we don't know and what we need to know. Thanks for that Sir.

I think you're a Funnabite lecturer, that's the only Uni i have found not to be selling handouts,strict on lecturers and students. Just my thought though,i might be wrong.

Now to my question..the FG is refusing to shift grounds likewise ASUU..Wande Coal asked in one of his songs "shey na like dis he go dey dey"? What's the best option now.? You said sincerity,we both know our leadeers lack this, and strike is the only language they understand. Would the strike be on for ages? What solution would you profer both on short and long term basis because the strike affected my academic life in 2009,its a long story,i had to start all over again and presently in a Private Uni.

I know what those fellas are feeling at home. You must have heard or read of girls getting pregnant,death of boys,robbery etc all in the name of ASUU strike..

The solution that could be bring a quick end to it, is what i ask Prof.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by kaka22(m): 12:32am On Oct 10, 2013
First of all, kudos to prof. Femi for taking the time to enlighten us despite the fact that he wasn't paid to do so... I will leave the blaming game to people who have the time for it... I have a question for you and it goes thus...
* Since there's an agreement between FG and ASUU, can't ASUU sue FG to court to compel them to implement it instead of embarking on strike?
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by JENMAUCY(f): 6:25am On Oct 10, 2013
Prof or whatever you cal yourself,keep deceiving yourself and those shallow minds
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by otokx(m): 7:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Shey you guys are happy that the prof.femi has suspended posting?

Inasmuch as we are angry, we should be a bit civilized in our use and choice of words.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by U235weapongrade: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2013
otokx: Shey you guys are happy that the prof.femi has suspended posting?

Inasmuch as we are angry, we should be a bit civilized in our use and choice of words.

My Man No mind them.As usual they have behaved like Nairalanders.

Prof abeg we need You and I personally need you concerning The uni-illorin issue. Some1 also made mention of ASUU taking the Government to court.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by alexleo(m): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2013
oxford:

mr. Prof come back here.

I wont let u get away with ur cheap propaganda! U came here with ur crafted interview trying to hoodwink unsuspecting public in an attempt to garner public sympathy for a selfish course and now that i confront u head on, u are running away.

Go back and tell those that sent u here that the cat is out and we can see through u.

I ve gone through your submissions. Honestly you are just making noise. The ASUU guy is showing you how to be reasonable but your rude nature won't allow you see it.

If you say strike shouldn't be the only way to get govt solve their problem why don't you give them your own idea.
If you say they are more corrupt than the govt kindly prove it with facts and stop making noise.
If you say they are politicized that means you that is supporting govt are also polliticized too.
If you say they have failed in their employment agreement with govt, is it not govt that first failed in keeping to an agreement they had with them? Or are you suggesting that govt has the monopoly of failing to keep agreement while the rest of the country follow them like mumu? Is the Nigeria constitution against strike action? If govt is very sure they are acting rightly why haven't they taken ASUU to court or even sacked the lecturers? I heard that between 2009 and when the strike commenced this july, ASUU had written fifty two times to govt on several occassions reminding them about keeping the agreement? What else do you want them to do, suggest and stop your noise.
You talk like someone whose brain is empty of facts but filled with filthy things.
Engage him in a matured way and stop being silly.

22 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by uceee(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2013
I really commend prof. Femi on a job well done. I have actually learnt a lot from his posts here. Unfortunately, he is gone now so this post won't make front page. It would have been more expository and interesting. Prof, you should not be offended by rude comments on this forum. In a faceless forum, where people cannot be held accountable for their words, people will insult anyone, anyhow they like. You can read how they insult the Nigerian president.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by ZackiGp(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
otokx: Shey you guys are happy that the prof.femi has suspended posting?

no mind the yeye prof, its in their blood(going on strike). Look now he has gone on an indefinite strike frm this thread.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 10, 2013
@ZackiGp, you should really watch the manner with which you address people, most times, it comes back to hunt you. Factually, respect begets respect, you and oxford really crossed the line. You could countered the prof's assertions without attacking his person. He was civil in his submissions, no matter how divergent they were to yours, the least you could have done is attack his points in a civil manner too. However, you exhibited the character traits of the small-minded. This is regrettable, and I hope you can look back to this one day and forgive yourself.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by chreldb(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2013
prof.femi:
D. WHAT IS IN IT FOR STUDENTS?

Hmm. When I come across a student who says ASUU strike wasted his life, it tells me more about the student than it does about ASUU or the FG. Look, a university polishes and amplifies what you have inside you. If you have nothing (no initiative, no creativity, no industry), then ASUU strike is the least of your worries. Yorubas say “ta ba gun’yan ninu epo epa, eni to ba ma yo ma yo” (even if you pound yam in a groundnut shell, some people will find a way to get filled).

Please use this period as a personal test. Right now in my department, ASUU strike or no ASUU strike, we have undergraduates who report for work every day developing themselves. Some of these guys are doing the same things their peers abroad are doing. So, develop yourself. Learn something that can complement your formal education. Get involved in a business, and figure out how you class theories might be applied in it. Contribute to society. Volunteer in a nursery or primary school (if you do nothing else, please do this). Whatever you do, never wake up to watch movies and gist.

There is a martial art called aikido in which you use your opponent’s kinetic energy against him. Be an aikidoka. Use whatever comes your way, including ASUU strike, for your own progress.
Best of luck!

Dear Prof Femi, in as much as I agree with most of what you have highlighted in you write up, I would like to play the devil's advocate here. @ the bolded in your above post which I have quoted, I think your opinion there is insensitive to the plight of the students and somewhat arrogant. No FULL TIME student ever goes through the admission process into the University with a plan for alternative engagements in the event of strike actions. A student is a student and should be engaged in his/her studies for the duration of the time they are meant to spend before graduation. That is why provision is made for students to study part-time to give room for students requiring to engage in any other aspect of life apart from education for the duration of their studies. In the light of that academics and members of ASUU should be apologetic, sympathetic and in some cases empathetic (some academics of today were also affected by strike actions in their time) to the pleight of the affected students. If possible students should be compensated (I know it doesn't sound feasible but it's just a thought).

Secondly I would like you to appreciate that as a matter of fact this strike action is wasting the time and life of the students who are affected. Even the brightest of the bunch are also affected. I have a hunch that part of your post graduate education was carried out in a western country. So you would appreciate this analogy. A bright student who has future plans to become an academic is already at a disadvantage age wise to his/her contemporaries in the developed world. In the UK for instance, because of their flawless educational system students who decide to take up a career in the academia have to opportunity to start a PhD at the age range of 20-23 and finish at 24-27. Note I am not saying MSc but PhD. So as a matter of fact in my opinion students are in line when the complain about life time wastage. Kindly reply and give me your opinion please.

NB: I am on the same page with you but I choose to play the devils advocate. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by ennon92(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2013
U235weapongrade: @oxford I tire for u sef..is it all lecturers dat sell handouts dat are Bad...As long as you were not forced to buy the handouts.
"As long as you were not forced to buy the handouts" there would be punitive law for not buying handouts of some lecturers, so tell me y u won't succumb.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by chreldb(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2013
oxford:

what do you term rude? Truth?
It time somebody stand up to ASUU. Am sure if i were the president, u wont be second quessing on how i will deal with this issues.

I have challenged u on key points but obviously u have no response to them

1. Lecturers are in breach of its terms of employement.

2. In terms moral and intergrity, ASUU is worse than the govt (i dont even want to talk about hand out racketering, marks for money, sexual assualt.....)

3. ASUU does not have Nigeria best interest at heart. ASUU is a selfish body that see strike action a tool of blackmail

4. ASUU is always on strike. Strike action is not the only tool at the disposal of trade unions. ( i should be lecturing u on this, u are a prof u know)

5. Like the president said, this strike is politicised. For ASUU to remain hell bent on what we all know is impossible ie govt should cought out 3trillion here and now!

6. Why am not surprise that opposition characters like elrufai, lie mohammed, npdp are suddently the mouth piece of ASUU?

If you read and properly assimilated the OP's write I don't think you would have raised these points in the manner you have. Anyways here are some answers some of which are culled from the OP.

How? kindly expatiate.

2. In terms moral and intergrity, ASUU is worse than the govt (i dont even want to talk about hand out racketering, marks for money, sexual assualt.....)

Unsubstantiated claims!

3. ASUU does not have Nigeria best interest at heart. ASUU is a selfish body that see strike action a tool of blackmail

In as much as there is some selfishness in ASUU demnds, majority of it is for the betterment of the nation. If ASUU is so selfish why have they still refused to call of the strike when the only selfish aspect of their demands have been met by the FGN which is the payment of earned allowances.

Furthermore, refer to this quote from the OP

"we are asking that greater emphasis be placed on education, and we are not ashamed to say that. Every sector of the economy needs highly skilled workers.

Look, what is the point of living if one cannot learn from the experience of others? EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that has become a world power has done so by FIRST developing education, especially tertiary education. Is it so hard for us to learn from others? We don’t need to write the book on nation-building. It’s already been written many times. All we have to do is learn from those that have done it. What is the sense in turning your back on something with a 100% success rate?

The thing that pains me most is that I just realized in the last few days that Ghana has positioned itself to be a global power and Nigeria’s big brother in the next few decades."
@ bolded this is where ASUU's demands have Nigerias interest accordin to the OP. What I expect you to do Oxford is to fault those claims with superior arguments and some making unsubstantiated assertions.

4. ASUU is always on strike. Strike action is not the only tool at the disposal of trade unions. ( i should be lecturing u on this, u are a prof u know)

Yes strike actions occurs when all other avenues have been exhausted. Negotiation is also a tool which took place between 2006-2009 where both parties came to an agreement. and an MOU was signed in 2012. So there is nothing else ASUU can do at this point. If you have any suggestion offer it I am sure ASUU will be happy to listen and implement it if they find it feasible.

Furthermore this is the OP's take on this point

"You are right, and I feel embarrassed that I would instigate an action whose major casualty is neither myself, nor my adversary. It is truly unfortunate, but the fact is that in Nigeria, there is no other way to apply pressure on the government. I have personally thought long and hard about this, and if anyone figures how to get the government to do the right thing without going on strike, you will be my hero for life".

5. Like the president said, this strike is politicised. For ASUU to remain hell bent on what we all know is impossible ie govt should cought out 3trillion here and now!

6. Why am not surprise that opposition characters like elrufai, lie mohammed, npdp are suddently the mouth piece of ASUU?

Refer to the OP's quote. It gives an answer to your opinion and observations in points 5 and 6.

"25. So you’re saying lecturers are holy-holy. Can you bet your life that ASUU is not being controlled by the opposition parties? (Pseudo question)

Answer:
No, I would be foolish to. But having said that, Occam ’s razor tells us that you don’t need to look for a convoluted answer when there is a simpler one that works just fine. ASUU does not need to be in league with the opposition because even as an apolitical member of the union, I fully realize the deep crevice our country is skirting. We need urgent intervention in the educational sector. It just so happens that since the government is not serious about the issue of education, it forms another cudgel for the opposition to hammer them with. That’s not our fault, and it does not mean we are in league with them."

I have been polite to you and i expect the same reciprocal response if any from you. cheers

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by chreldb(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2013
Prof.Femi please return to this thread I beg you. Ignore the rude and insulting comments by some posters. As you must have observed they are in the minority. I believe that this thread would make front page but it is highly dependent on your return and degree of engagement. Trust me I feel empathy for you and understand what it is like relating with some unreasnable students. Personally in as much as I try to be civil and polite in discussions on this forum once in a while I like to bring out the wild and immature side of my personality because the forum is faceless. I am in no way suggesting you do that I actually discourage it. But please kindly return. Cheers

NB I am also an academic. But I do not belong to ASUU. I only feel empathy for the union. Nuff said.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Francobaresi(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2013
ZackiGp:
no mind the yeye prof, its in their blood(going on strike). Look now he has gone on an indefinite strike frm this thread.
Loool grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by proffemi: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
I thank everyone who requested that I return to the thread.

I didn't leave because I thought those guys were rude; I was actually rather enjoying interacting with oxford because I felt his posts were becoming less vitriolic. I left because I was afraid that ZackiGp was right: that in my zeal to engage students, I was giving off the wrong sort of vibes (pride, arrogance etc), and I feared this would drown out my message.

I am relieved to find that such is not the case, and I will be happy to spend some more time on this forum later this afternoon/evening.

I do not know the mechanisms by which threads get 'frontpaged'. I did put in some effort to get FP status, but I'll appreciate if someone could speak with the mods or something. As uccee said, it would really help if this got wider coverage. Thanks.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by chreldb(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
prof.femi:

I didn't leave because I thought those guys were rude; I was actually rather enjoying interacting with oxford because I felt his posts were becoming less vitriolic. I left because I was afraid that ZackiGp was right: that in my zeal to engage students, I was giving off the wrong sort of vibes (pride, arrogance etc), and I feared this would drown out my message.

I am relieved to find that such is not the case, and I will be happy to spend some more time on this forum later this afternoon/evening.

I do not know the mechanisms by which threads get 'frontpaged'. I did put in some effort to get FP status, but I'll appreciate if someone could speak with the mods or something. As uccee said, it would really help if this got wider coverage. Thanks.

@ bolded The topic shou be interesting and have the potential to drive traffic to this website as a result of the degree of engagement by forumites. Your brief absence did not help matters in that regard. Anyways welcome back. I wold recommend this to the MODS for front page. I implore everyone who has contributed to this thread to do the same.
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
chreld_b:

If you read and properly assimilated the OP's write I don't think you would have raised these points in the manner you have. Anyways here are some answers some of which are culled from the OP.

How? kindly expatiate.

Unsubstantiated claims!

In as much as there is some selfishness in ASUU demnds, majority of it is for the betterment of the nation. If ASUU is so selfish why have they still refused to call of the strike when the only selfish aspect of their demands have been met by the FGN which is the payment of earned allowances.

"we are asking that greater emphasis be placed on education, and we are not ashamed to say that. Every sector of the economy needs highly skilled workers.

Look, what is the point of living if one cannot learn from the experience of others? EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that has become a world power has done so by FIRST developing education, especially tertiary education. Is it so hard for us to learn from others? We don’t need to write the book on nation-building. It’s already been written many times. All we have to do is learn from those that have done it. What is the sense in turning your back on something with a 100% success rate?

The thing that pains me most is that I just realized in the last few days that Ghana has positioned itself to be a global power and Nigeria’s big brother in the next few decades."
@ bolded this is where ASUU's demands have Nigerias interest accordin to the OP. What I expect you to do Oxford is to fault those claims with superior arguments and some making unsubstantiated assertions.

Yes strike actions occurs when all other avenues have been exhausted. Negotiation is also a tool which took place between 2006-2009 where both parties came to an agreement. and an MOU was signed in 2012. So there is nothing else ASUU can do at this point. If you have any suggestion offer it I am sure ASUU will be happy to listen and implement it if they find it feasible.

"You are right, and I feel embarrassed that I would instigate an action whose major casualty is neither myself, nor my adversary. It is truly unfortunate, but the fact is that in Nigeria, there is no other way to apply pressure on the government. I have personally thought long and hard about this, and if anyone figures how to get the government to do the right thing without going on strike, you will be my hero for life".

Refer to the OP's quote. It gives an answer to your opinion and observations in points 5 and 6.

"25. So you’re saying lecturers are holy-holy. Can you bet your life that ASUU is not being controlled by the opposition parties? (Pseudo question)

Answer:
No, I would be foolish to. But having said that, Occam ’s razor tells us that you don’t need to look for a convoluted answer when there is a simpler one that works just fine. ASUU does not need to be in league with the opposition because even as an apolitical member of the union, I fully realize the deep crevice our country is skirting. We need urgent intervention in the educational sector. It just so happens that since the government is not serious about the issue of education, it forms another cudgel for the opposition to hammer them with. That’s not our fault, and it does not mean we are in league with them."

I have been polite to you and i expect the same reciprocal response if any from you. cheers

Am not surprise by your ignorant post.

If a whole prof, who by all intend could be ASSU president himself in disguise could stand my missiles of facts, how could you possibly withstand me?

Now for starters ASSU alleged earned allowance is not 30billion like you stated but, wait for it, 98 billion!

So next time get your facts straight before exposing your ignorance in a public forum
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
chreld_b:

How? kindly expatiate.

Unsubstantiated claims!

Answer:

If a whole prof, who by all intend could be ASSU president himself in disguise could not stand my missiles of facts, how could you possibly withstand me?

Now for starters ASSU alleged earned allowance is not 30billion like you stated but, wait for it, 98 billion!

So next time get your facts straight before exposing your ignorance in a public forum

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
prof.femi:

Prof, I never attempt to be rude to you but I hate deceit with passion. Your intend of opening this thread is not well vailed and I could see right through you. That I refused to join the bandwagon of your praise singers is to me a plus.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by chreldb(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
oxford:

If a whole prof, who by all intend could be ASSU president himself in disguise could not stand my missiles of facts, how could you possibly withstand me?

I pleaded with you to be polite but you insist on being an i.diot. For that I will not go easy on you. Obviously you are mentally retarded. You do not even know the correct abbreviation of Academic Staff Union of Universities. And please show me where in my post I stated an amount on earned allowance that "ASSU" quoted. Then again maybe I am actually ignorant like you have noted, Probably you are referring to an association called ASSU and not ASUU. Mods please create a children section on nairaland. I don't want to push it if not I would have also requested for a section for the mentally d.eranged to accommodate the likes of this ma.d^^ person I quoted. Oxford I do not know if you've ever been told this but you s.tupidity is epic. You are the most idiotic human being I have had a conversation with this year.

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by U235weapongrade: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
ennon92: "As long as you were not forced to buy the handouts" there would be "punitive" law for not buying handouts of some lecturers, so tell me y u won't succumb.

My Man dat has to be a problem of the Lecturer and school in general.
Through out my stay as an Under-G I was never forced to buy any handout and I can not rememba any oda person from anoda faculty or Dept that said he was forced to buy any handout.

Thou most of dose handouts were "RUBBISH"
Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by proffemi: 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
oxford: Prof, I never attempt to be rude to you but I hate deceit with passion. Your intend of opening this thread is not well vailed and I could see right through you. That I refused to join the bandwagon of your praise singers is to me a plus.

Hello oxford. When you first started posting, I assumed you were a troublemaker and kept away. However, as your posts became more civil, it became possible to interact with you. I sort of singled you out because yours is the angriest voice so far (apart from that one that keeps abusing me...) and represents to me the biggest test of whether my stance holds water.

If you knew me personally, you'd know that I greatly prefer (not-too-harshly-put) negative criticism to positive ones. Why? People are far likelier to lie when they are praising you. To be frank with you, seeing that I have something termed "followers" on Nairaland is scary to me, because I'm just as likely to fumble and misyarn as the next guy. Having "supporters" makes me less likely to say exactly what I want the way I want because I wonder whether my guys will be disappointed.

My reasons for opening this thread are not thinly veiled. They are not even veiled at all smiley because I clearly stated them. I am not the ASUU president or an exco in any university. I do not even attend meetings(!) Did you see where I agreed with you that ASUU has no business with landed properties? I just state my mind. There are other ASUU stances I don't agree with. If we talk reach there, I go tell you.

Long story short: please go ahead and continue posting (in your current polite tone if possible smiley ). We need dissenting voices. But I also want you to be honest and frank as I have been to you.

*By the way, I laughed hard at "mr. Prof come back here". Na wa for you o, guy.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: A Lecturer Speaks by proffemi: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
onlyme07: the FG is refusing to shift grounds likewise ASUU.Would the strike be on for ages?

In my mind, there are a few possibilities:
1. The strike goes on for so long (next year?) and some ASUU guys just get tired and say "what the heck, lets call off and let the schools do whatever they can to raise IGR. That means astronomical fees)

2. Government shifts ground of its own accord and ASUU also shifts ground too. How long this might take is unpredictable.

3. Government shifts ground much faster (and ASUU shifts likewise) because the groundswell of public opinion is so much against them that they become afraid they will lose control.

I am hoping for option 3, and that is part of why I am trying so hard to let everyone know what the stakes are so we can mount more pressure on government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

List Of Nigeria Universities That Doesn't Require Jamb For Admission. / Patience Thomas, Taraba Student Dies In Hostel After Complaining Of Headache / Resumption Dates For ASUU Strike Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.