Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169003 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by itoski(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2014
crudedude:

I doubt its free but check Eldemuz around CFC. You can Google them up for their address. They teach Petrel and the rest and will install for you if you're learning with them. If not, they could charge for only installation. Downloading those softwares is not that easy. A Pav dm4 is ok if you're cool with the screen size.

You can also hope to meet a kind brother here on this thread.

All the best.
tanx for d info
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Johnwills:

I'm using Auto Cad versions to judge. All types and versions of auto softwares can't run on processor less than i5. So I'm considering HP ENVY 15t Laptop(i7). But it comes with Blu-ray player which is a new hardware that don't support DVD. What do you think?

lol on Using Auto Cad as a benchmark for other softwares. I understand you're more familiar with AutoCAD. An i5 will handle PETREL well to the best of my knowledge. However, the higher the specs the better for you. There should be i7's with DVD support. Check HP's website and narrow down your search

Bear in mind that iCores are generally more expensive.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2014
itoski: tanx for d info

Anytime chief cool
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ababio4u(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2014
mustaphagreens:
big bros, pls i would love to have this software too. This is my email- mustaphagreens@gmail.com. Thanks.

Me too@joshuaghani@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by geophyscist: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
please any unilag student studying geology or geophysics in the house. Or probably in southwest university.300level please i need help.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Johnwills(m): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
crudedude:

lol on Using Auto Cad as a benchmark for other softwares. I understand you're more familiar with AutoCAD. An i5 will handle PETREL well to the best of my knowledge. However, the higher the specs the better for you. There should be i7's with DVD support. Check HP's website and narrow down your search

Bear in mind that iCores are generally more expensive.

Thanks. Most of the 4th generation Intel icore comes with Blu-ray. Blu-ray don't support HD-DVD. I hope installation of softwares wouldn't be affected
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 12:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Johnwills:

Thanks. Most of the 4th generation Intel icore comes with Blu-ray. Blu-ray don't support HD-DVD. I hope installation of softwares wouldn't be affected

Its all good. Eitherways, Installation can always be done via flash drives or external HD's. The PETREL you have in mind to install is it on a DVD?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Johnwills(m): 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
crudedude:

Its all good. Eitherways, Installation can always be done via flash drives or external HD's. The PETREL you have in mind to install is it on a DVD?

No. Just for other softwares I have.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
itoski: Please I need to install petrel software in my system...usin hp pavilion dm4..any1 in ph?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
geophyscist: please any unilag student studying geology or geophysics in the house. Or probably in southwest university.300level please i need help.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 12:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Johnwills:

No. Just for other softwares I have.

No problems all the same. Wish you the best.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 12:48am On Sep 12, 2014
oote:
Contact me on 28688C1B for d latest version wt just 15k.

which is the latest version you have?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by geophyscist: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2014
oote:
What do u want? Just contact me.
pls send your digit you fellow geoscientist is preparing for it defence
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=crudedude]

which is the latest version you have?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2014
geophyscist: pls send your digit you fellow geoscientist is preparing for it defence
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by geophyscist: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2014
oote:
28688C1B
i mean phone no plss,kneeling down
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by switlary: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
REQUEST FOR YOUR DETAILED AVEVA
PDMS (Plant Design Management System) TRAINING VIDEOS TODAY

The PDMS 3D Modeling application, which enables real-time, on-line global work-share on small, medium, large and multibillion dollar Power Plant, Marine, Oil and Gas facilities Design Projects, is
designed to empower participants in the use of PDMS in developing Structural and Piping components as an introduction to the necessary skills to optimize PDMS in the detailed Engineering of Oil and Gas facilities. The knowledge gives participant opportunity to get work with oil ang gas company e.t.c.

The training and the online video training will cover all these aspects:
A. Equipment DESIGN (vessels,
pumps, heat exchanger,
assemblies, air coolers)
B. Piping DESIGN INCLUDING
explicit piping for piping
engineers
C. Structural steelwork (column,
beams, panels and plates, wall
and floors)for civil
And structural engineers
D. ASL MODELLER (Access, stairs
and ladder) for structural and
civil engineers
E. Cable trays for electrical and
electronics &instrument
engineers
F. Production of MTO’s and piping
general assembly
G. Conversion from PDMS Draft &
Isodraft to AutoCAD format.
H. Customizing PDMS
I. Plant layout and drafting
interpretation
J. Using ASME code

You can request for our online detailed video tutorial , software, training materials, assignments and a video on how to install the software conveniently at a very affordable price.....

The training videos will be based on all this aspects A tutor will be assigned to you in case you have any questions.
You will be glad you did. Thanks
For just 3 weeks you will be good....... Call or whatsapp07032380845 or BB.231CA796
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by segsxpendable(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
hello peeps...i did physics as my first degree buh want to switch to geophysics @ M.sc level...currently serving now...will be tru by feb nxt yr.will i b able to cope with geophysics with just a course knowledge in solid earth physics?? and which certified and accredited uni can u prescribe for me??....thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
geophyscist: i mean phone no plss,kneeling down
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ayswagga5: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
geophyscist: i mean phone no plss,kneeling down
pls sir ..drop ur phone number... am a fresher in dept of geophysics unilag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
oote:
ok. the 15k is expensive sha...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by geophyscist: 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
ayswagga5: pls sir ..drop ur phone number... am a fresher in dept of geophysics unilag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ddcfft(f): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2014
Good day everyone, im susan by name and i want to go in for Msc in petroleum geoscience either in Uniport or OAU. Please i will liketo know how much it costs in both schs and wch is preferable and why. Thanks alot.
susan_4real@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
ddcfft: Good day everyone, im susan by name and i want to go in for Msc in petroleum geoscience either in Uniport or OAU. Please i will liketo know how much it costs in both schs and wch is preferable and why. Thanks alot.
susan_4real@yahoo.com
both schools are very ok,i dont know about ife for now,uniport form is on sale..i bought mine last month,anyway you can come to ph will rub minds together...i choose exploration geophysics
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by xtian234(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Good morning all am christian by name,an ND holder in FST ......24yrs of age. Am intending to pickup jamb form to opt for geology at unn or unical pls i want to know if age will affect my chance of employment since am already 24 by now.pls i need your candid advice on this....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Larwin(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
If u r in ib/Oyo and u need personal training on opendtect for your project work, u can get in touch wit me thr taryouralaby@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by graceforum: 12:11am On Sep 18, 2014
imag5: windows7 or 8 should be ok mininmum of 2gb hard disk

just noticed this 2gb is too small shld be at least 4gb or more and you need to have a laptop with a video card s well to run dis software ok
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by graceforum: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
imag5: so many if you are in lag

I visit Lagos often. Have submitted my CV to Degeconek as advised in June, also to some other COYs in Lagos not heard back. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by graceforum: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello Please does any1 know wat the final recruitment interview is with Total Nigeria? I heard years back dat they give a list of topics to make a presentation bt does any1 have an idea of wat kind of topics.

In case any1 is wondering have not seen any new advertisement. Gate crashed a test sometime back in UK and was allowed to take part.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 19, 2014
graceforum:

I visit Lagos often. Have submitted my CV to Degeconek as advised in June, also to some other COYs in Lagos not heard back. Thanks
be patient it will yield result and make sure u keep spreading your CV like that
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by graceforum: 12:56am On Sep 19, 2014
imag5: be patient it will yield result and make sure u keep spreading your CV like that

k thanks a lot. Pls dou knw d format for Total Nigeria final interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.