Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168518 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by neyofather(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2014
Creative Minds Geoservices Consultant presents 5-days subsidized Geoscience training on Seismic and petrophysical interpretation using petrel.

Venue: Carfest Lounge Km 12, Lekki-Epe expressway besides Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Lagos State.

Date: 4th-8th August,2014.

Time:10am-4pm daily

NB: The softwares shall be installed during the training for all participants.

Cost: #30,000

For registration and enquiry contact
BB pin:29D8E6F2

Please pass on to interested person in the geoscience and physics field.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
TAN focuses on creating one million jobs for Nigerian youths in the next four years. These jobs shall be created through targeted strategies and tapping into uncommon areas of our economy as well as in knowing the unemployed youth in particular.
All interested Nigerians are welcome. However, they shall be expected to fill a membership form which will require their photographs and addresses.
The membership of TAN cuts across all citizens of Nigeria without legal disqualification. TAN has no ethnic, religious, linguistic or gender discrimination. It is open to all Nigerians irrespective of tribe or qualification.
This is another phase of it.I mean another batch of which new members are being recruited. Don't be bias because you'll definitely be favored and have nothing to lose.

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN TAN

ARE YOU A YOUTH LEADER

CAN YOU MOBILIZE 200 PEOPLE IN YOUR WARD OR HIGHER INSTITUTION?

DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OF YOUR MOBILIZATION ABILITY

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATION AGENDA OF NIGERIA THAT IS ON-GOING

THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

BECOME A ONE STAR TAN AMBASSADOR BY REGISTERING HERE
http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=26694
IT IS REAL AND WORKING PERFECTLY
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by onyeogalu1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
bashorundino: I'm a Geology graduate from uniport, currently serving at the university of calabar Geology department.......specialized in surfer, Winresist softwares and elementary knowledge in Petrel..............u can direct any question regarding Ves, curve matching, welling logging to me.......I would be glad to be of lil help to further develop d Geoscience realms

grin grin grin
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by onyeogalu1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
up2u: Hello young professionals. I love this thread. My name is Inaya Bsc physics (delsu) + Msc Petroleum Geophysicis (Imperial College London). Currently working as a Geo-Lab Tech for a Soil Engineering Coy in Delta but cant wait to fall back to exploration cum geophysical research proper. For the young ones here, I could help with materials on petroleum geophysics on request and may be aid your understanding on geophysical topics you may consider too heavy. Hey @Imag5, sent you a private email. I am willing to join you on your research asap.

Inaya
eddie2jerry@gmail.com

grin angry
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by itoski(m): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
onyeogalu1:

kindly send them to me: onyeogaluc@gmail.com
pls send me itoski@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
magicsprings2: I have training materials on OpendTect including the latest software, instruction manual, videos and datasets (raw data can be used on Petrel also). OpendTect is easy to learn on your own if you are committed. I can also help with coaching. Contact me if interested on 08073678988 & magicsprings2@yahoo.com.
how much?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Skmoda360(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
As a undergraduate in univ, i'm having issues with writing a seminar in 400level...the topic is "biogeochemical prospecting in mineral deposit" pls u can contact me on my email: skmodaa@gmail.com
i need help with detailed analysis on this topic.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Skmoda360: As a undergraduate in univ, i'm having issues with writing a seminar in 400level...the topic is "biogeochemical prospecting in mineral deposit" pls u can contact me on my email: skmodaa@gmail.com
i need help with detailed analysis on this topic.
what do you need?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by itoski(m): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Writing a project on d topic RESERVOIR CHARACTERISATION OF A NIGER DELTA FIELD USING WELL LOG DATA.need help wit materials to hlp my final year project work thanks....itoski@yahoo.com email if available
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 12:53am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello, greetings to you all.

I have being following this thread for a long time now and I want to thank everybody for their contribution. The thread have helped in bridging to a large extent the gap between students in the classrooms and the industry. Once again, thank you so much

I have some issues that are a little bit peplexing to me. I am a 400l student of petroleum engineering, UNIBEN. I recently started my IT (although, I haven't got any placement yet). Whatever the case may be, I need your advices on how well to utilise my IT period, so as to build my professional career ahead. I want to be a reservoir engineer. Is there any relevant short courses, programmes, software training etc that I can participate in to help me?

Talking about software, I discovered Petrel by Schlumberger but it is not open (I'll have to buy it) and there is no student version. Are there any alternatives?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 29, 2014
[quote author=alcuin]Hello, greetings to you all.

I have being following this thread for a long time now and I want to thank everybody for their contribution. The thread have helped in bridging to a large extent the gap between students in the classrooms and the industry. Once again, thank you so much

I have some issues that are a little bit peplexing to me. I am a 400l student of petroleum engineering, UNIBEN. I recently started my IT (although, I haven't got any placement yet). Whatever the case may be, I need your advices on how well to utilise my IT period, so as to build my professional career ahead. I want to be a reservoir engineer. Is there any relevant short courses, programmes, software training etc that I can participate in to help me?

Talking about software, I discovered Petrel by Schlumberger but it is not open (I'll have to buy it) and there is no student version. Are there any alternative

how many Gb is your laptop
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 7:09am On Jul 29, 2014
[quote author=imag5][/quote]

You mean my hard disk? Over 160 GB.

RAM is 2GB.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by neyofather(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2014
Creative Minds Geoservices Consultant presents 5-days subsidized Geoscience training on Seismic and petrophysical interpretation using petrel.

Venue: Carfest Lounge Km 12, Lekki-Epe expressway besides Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Lagos State.

COURSE MODULES
•Basic theory of seismic reflection prospecting method in oil and gas.
•Different types of well logs and their uses.
•Loading of 3D seismic reflection data.
•Picking of faults
•Loading of well logs
•Seismic-to-well tie using synthetic seismogram
•Mapping of reservoirs tops and base
•Generation of time structures map
•Generation of depth structures map using checkshot data.
•Calculation of petrophysical parameters
•Generation of various attributes maps
•Identification of prospects.

Date: 4th-8th August,2014.

Time:10am-4pm daily.

Cost: #30,000

For registration and enquiry contact
BB pin:29D8E6F2

Please pass on to interested person in the geoscience and physics field.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by adehinde: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Health and Safety training.
IASP (USA).
Develop competencies.

Basic Diploma:
Training fee: N20,000
Reg fee: N2,000.
(Hundred degrees Training certificate awarded)
Dates: Aug 30 n 31.

IASP Basic diploma exam and certificate: N15,000.
------------------------------------

Advanced Diploma.
Training fee: N23,000
Reg fee: N2,000
Hundred degrees Training cert awarded.
Dates: Sept 6 and 7.

IASP exam and certificate for advanced: N20,000.

Venue: Hundred degrees, 1st floor imole oluwa house, 11 isheri road aguda ogba, Lagos.
,09097927320. BB pin 272E681E
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Gimbs120(m): 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Gud day fellow NL am an aspiring student of petroleum engineering,the problem now is am very deficient in mathematics,does petroleum engineering requires much of mathematics like d other engineering courses?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Gimbs120: Gud day fellow NL am an aspiring student of petroleum engineering,the problem now is am very deficient in mathematics,does petroleum engineering requires much of mathematics like d other engineering courses?

Yea....the kind of mathematics that can make u fall from your chair.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Gimbs120(m): 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
alcuin:

Yea....the kind of mathematics that can make u fall from your chair.

Lol i have to do a rethink then cus i dnt want to go for a course i won't find funny later on.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by phelyz32(m): 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Greetings to you all, I really appreciate this thread and its very interesting to be a participant. My name is Thomas felix, studying petroleum engineering in fupre and currently on a field trip with the earth science department. as a student I really need advice so as to know what's best for me in order to foster my future for the generations to come. Thank you...you can contact me with phylchester77@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Bpfems(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=onyeogalu1

Pls, kindly send to me @: afemiemmanuel@gmail.com
. Thank you so much
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Layk(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi peeps, Im Ola, a graduate of Physics education in 2012. I plan doing my masters in geophysics, is it possibly taken and what do i need to know about it. Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sijison: 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
Project Management Training:

Port-Harcourt Weekend Class: August 2nd, 3rd 9th and 10th
Venue: Eugene Plaza, Suite 216 Woji Road, Rumuogba, Port Harcourt.

Register Now!

At Sijison Training, Our Project Management training is delivered by certified and highly experienced trainers. Our PMP training covers all the areas you need to start running your own successful projects and provides an invaluable base upon which to build.

Modules Covered:
1.Project Management Overview
2.Key Concept.
3.Initiation Phase
4.Planning Phase
5.Monitoring and Control
6.Closing Out

What you will learn:
• Learn how to define project time lines and project task
• Learn the importance of project management
• You will be able to identify the five process group
• Learn about the nine knowledge areas as well as perform a project needs assessment
• How to write goals, requirement and deliverables of a project

The Training package includes:
• PMI Accredited Training Manual
• Exam prep books in soft copy format
• PMI Handbook
• Practice Question
• Certificate of Training
• Networking Opportunities.

Refreshment, Lunch, Tea and Snacks provided

Port-Harcourt Weekend Class: August 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th , 2014
Start/End Time: 12.00pm – 5.00pm

Training Venue: Eugene Plaza, Suite 216 Woji Road, Rumuogba, Port Harcourt.
Call +234– 8180-224477 or BBM Pin: 2224023F
Email: training@sijisontraining.com for more details....

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by karmaleon: 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 31, 2014
hi house am a 2.2 graduate of physics delsu. Delta origin and lives in lagos. Currently serving. In need of infos on what to do to improve my cv. Any help?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sijison: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
FREE WORKSHOP on Project Management.
Port-Harcourt

Date: 2nd August, 2014.
Venue: 309, Aba Road, Rumukurushi Junction, Beside Diamond Bank. Port-Harcourt.
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm

Benefits of attending:
- Get an overview of Project Management Processes
- Free consultation with our certified PMP professionals.
- Network with Professionals and other managers
- 10% discount on any course fee for interested participant
- light Refreshment

Get to know why Project Management is in high demand in Port-harcourt Nigeria today!

To book your space send an
e-mail to: training@sijisontraining.com
or call 234-8180-224477

ADMISSION IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
How you guys doing,hope great, will be organizing a career chat/seminar in oil and gas and other vibrant sector if you have any idea to make it work you kindly reach me.....We be sharing ways on how to make your self relevant...contact us and lets plan ahead.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by conyema12(m): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
itoski: Writing a project on d topic RESERVOIR CHARACTERISATION OF A NIGER DELTA FIELD USING WELL LOG DATA.need help wit materials to hlp my final year project work thanks....itoski@yahoo.com email if available

send me a mail on colaka2@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by conyema12(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
maltina: hi house am a 2.2 graduate of physics delsu. Delta origin and lives in lagos. Currently serving. In need of infos on what to do to improve my cv. Any help?

hey don't hesitate to for MSc in Geosciences. ..hurry b4 its too late.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by donasere(m): 11:21am On Aug 03, 2014
Choi....haven't been on here since d NL blast....abeg oga imag5 and other bosses at the top well done and more power to your elbows ..I wanna do dis JPTS; drilling and offshore technology course in Lagos...but am having difficulty finding details on d course.
What I need enlightenment on are:
1. The duration of the course
2. The cost to do it in Lagos
3. Are certificates issued upon completion?

I just concluded a course on advanced sequence stratigraphy and seismic interpretation using opendtect at Danvic concepts international.
The course is a must do for every aspiring geoscience professional who is looking to go into the oil and gas sector.
Ps. They bring in professionals from the OAG sector to give talks and enlighten or rather expose you to what is going on in the sector.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ugowinn(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
onyeogalu1:

kindly send them to me: onyeogaluc@gmail.com

pls kindly send to me please. ugowings@gmail.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2014
#OilandGasTestsGuide
Prepare for scholarships, job tests and job interviews in the oil and gas sector. Visit www.oilandgastestsguide.com for more information.
If you are interested, you can send a mail to 5252world@gmail.com with the subject 'OilandGasTestsGuide'.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by adehinde: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Primavera Project Management Training...

Learn to apply project management knowledge and methodologies in handling your projects with this PM tool. Helps in effectively managing the constrainsts of scope,time and costs effectively and much more.
Enroll now...

Course fee: N45,000

Dates: Aug 18,19,20. (weekday).
Aug 10,17,24. (weekend).

Time: 10:30am

Venue: Hundred degrees, 1st floor Imole oluwa house, 11 isheri road, Aguda Ogba, Lagos.

Payments made into: GTB Hundred degrees company 0136940851.

bb pin: 272E681E.

Pls pass it on.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2014
Cool thread with helpful tips, I'm a 300 level Petroleum Engineering student on a 4.43 CGPA......primary focus is getting back to a first class GPA which is within sight and hopefully proceeding for an overseas masters degree on completion,
However , unlike most, I doubt I'd want to specialize in Reservoir Engineering or Drilling, I'd prefer obtaining a Masters in Petroleum/Energy Economics and Management so my question is in line with current industry trends.....how wise is that........Should I stick instead to the technical aspect....

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.