Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168547 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by onyeogalu1(m): 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
oote:
Solid Earth Resources Limited, SERL.
This is the geophysical/geological firm that is
proficient and major into:
Seismic/Petrophysics (Well Logging)
Interpretation
Water Exploration
Mineral Exploration
Dumpsite/Contaminants Mapping
Foundation Investigation and Resistivity
Meter Leasing (The Resistivity meter is easy
to use, accurate and very strong. It does both Induced Polarisation(using Frequency
Domain) and Resistivity Survey).
We also help students to carry out their
analysis,project and survey.
For more enquiry/information, you can
contact us on 07032028109, 07032425617,
BBM: 28688C1B.

I added you on my bbm.
Please we need to talk
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by folible(m): 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mr imag, I would like you to add me to the whatsapp group. Thanks. 08110385498
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rocoh(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
chudidonas:
Rocoh, I think the course
'Sustainable Mobility' will hold this year. You can sign up through the link below:

http://mooc.sustainable-mobility.ifp-school.com/

Please people let's sign up.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rocoh(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
As far as I know, the next TOTAL IFP MOOC is for next year 2016. See below and Sign up now as registration is on. Kindly share and spread the news.
http://mooc.oil-and-gas.ifp-school.com/

Pls let's sign up.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 5:50am On Jul 03, 2015
Greetings everyone,

I am a final year student of Petroleum Engineering and will be graduating in the next few months. Prospects on ground shows that I may be graduating with a second class lower (2.2).

Please, I need advice on possible career paths. I am planning to go for a Master's degree abroad but limited funds is a major factor inhibiting it. I will be glad if a possible, cheap and relevant professional course is suggested.

I have strong interest in reservoir simulation and natural gas engineering.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by anotherspring: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
imag5:
Check this out.mr A has.Bsc geophysics,msc geophysics and mr B also has Bsc geophysics and pGd petroleum engineering between mr A and Mr B under favourably condition which is likely to get a rig job? and between A and B as a employer u will pick who first to work for u as field engr.. NB both A and B have 2.1 in first degree.....opinion are welcome

Want a Master/Ph.D. degree from top US universities in the following disciplines: Chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, geology, biological engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, earth sciences, food science and technology, meat sciences, gerontology, physiology and sociology, business administration, chemistry, agricultural engineering, animal science, accounting, political science and mass communication, phiysics, mathematics, cell and molecular biology, human nutrition, fisheries and marine biology,computer science, computer engineering, Information science, Information technology, with specialization in BigData, Data mining, Software engineering, fomal methods and verification, algorithm and design, bio-informatics and computational biology, artificial intelligence and machine learning? do you want full/partial scholarship plus living fee? would you mind writing the GRE exams? do you need help about achieving these dreams? contact us via our email: msphdinus@gmail.com or like our facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MS-PhD-Abroad/1599287637027588?ref=ts&fref=ts
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
imag5:
Logic will get you from point A to B but imagination will take you everywhere Good morning professional

Imag5
oga imag5 please add me to the whatapp group 08164685966. thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
folible:
Mr imag, I would like you to add me to the whatsapp group. Thanks. 08110385498

@imag5 please add me to the whatapp group 08164685966
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chiboy429(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
rocoh:

just saw this now

Am a finalist , can i still apply?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chiboy429(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
imag5:
smile all u need is a place to just start no matter how small, Google APM Nigeria they take guys with nebosh you have done your part leave the rest to God...and for now the industry is not smilling. ..keep spreading your Cv...and and also target coy in uae. ..u will smile soon ...don't worry. .......

Please bro imag add me to the watsapp group . This is my number 08182161527
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rocoh(m): 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
chiboy429:

Am a finalist , can i still apply?

Anybody can apply.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by eterisan(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Soreza(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
STUDYING OIL AND GAS IN NIGERIA OR RUSSIA WHICH IS MORE BETTER? And what sector of oil and gas is highly needed,is it reservoir or drilling which?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chiboy429(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
rocoh:

Anybody can apply.

Woow ,thats wonderful. Thanks for the response.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mfess(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2015
SCAM ALERT

@all. Please try to be careful in your dealings with ArcGIS NG - the so called "No.1 Esri® ArcGIS Partner in Nigeria".

According to esri's website, Sambus Geospatial limited which is Esri's distributor in Ghana also serves Gabon, Gambia, Liberia and Nigeria. I called them and enquired about Engr. Opeyemi Obafemi and their Nigerian Country Manager - Mr. James Annan-Aggrey denied having any partnership with him.

http://www.esri.com/apps/company/contact/index.cfm?fa=distributor.lookup&country=Nigeria

For enquiries and confirmation. Contact:
James Annan-Aggrey | Country Manager, Nigeria Sambus l Geospatial | 12, Richard Clapperton Street. Asokoro District – Abuja. Cell: +234 (0)817812 9918 / +233 (0)20 2113 001 | Email: jaggrey@sambusgeospatial.com

or visit: http://www.sambusgeospatial.com/resellers/

arcgisng:
Reading this thread shows there is a massive prospect for Nigeria in GIS (Geographic Information Systems). Most contributors here have no idea that they can get their career balanced properly with a certification from Esri Nigeria.

In this industry as a whole, there are two notable divisions:

1. The field
2. The technology

As you look into the future, you begin to realize that the Oil & Gas / Exploration / Geographic industry has evolved so rapidly.
You do not have to be "on the field" to do your job anymore.
Now, you can have a more rewarding career using "new technology" to capture, explore, and decide for those on the field.
Thanks to software expertise, we can now move from any side of the industry to the field without stress.
Most softwares are available now more than ever - and the best part: they are here in Nigeria.
The most amusing part: the technology is easier to learn, and in today's world rewards you more!

Make careful enquiries and you will find a rich solution to grow your career.
We thought it necessary to contribute positively to this pool of great minds.
Warm regards,

ArcGIS NG | Esri Training
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Abbey1305: 1:16am On Jul 19, 2015
please, can you give me insight into specializations under petroleum geology. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Chrisbabylove(m): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
Have been following this thread and i appreciate wat u all are doing..more grace to ur elbow.
I studied mining engineering at FUTA, finished with a 2nd class upper, completed my Nysc some days back.
Am also a professional graphics designer, want you guys to advise me on wat to do...want to go into drilling or mud engineering..would like to know bodies that offer such professional courses and the range of price.
i need to start working on something as quick as possible.
thanks for your responses.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ebi4life: 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
fabulous85:
good day,pls i will like to buy a terrameter for geophysical survey for ground water,am a geologist based in kaduna. Any importer of the equipment whether fairly used or new should pls contact me. It can be any brand. Thanks
I can help you get a good terameter. drop ur contact let's talk. I am also in Kaduna
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2015
Mr Imag5 Please add me to the whatapp group 08164685966 geophysicist from Unilag..
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Temi011(f): 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hi house, I am a masters student of exploration geophysics (Petroleum option) here in Akure and will like to go on an internship. Please I need your help and link for a good placement. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by marcondo13: 5:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Soreza:
STUDYING OIL AND GAS IN NIGERIA OR RUSSIA WHICH IS MORE BETTER? And what sector of oil and gas is highly needed,is it reservoir or drilling which?

Russia is miles ahead. Gubkin University is one of the best in the world. But, I don't think that students are permitted to work and also, the issue of language and rascism is another barrier.
Goggle is your friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Easy4reel(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
currently an undergraduate (geologist) in FUTA, am planning to go out of the country for the 2nd degree. Any suggestion(s) will be highly welcome as regards the best place to go putting language and their standard of living into consideration. thanks!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Temi011:
Hi house, I am a masters student of exploration geophysics (Petroleum option) here in Akure and will like to go on an internship. Please I need your help and link for a good placement. Thanks

Hey, I've intention applying the same course in my masters program. Please give me an insight on what it entails.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Temi011(f): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
stereo:

Hey, I've intention applying the same course in my masters program. Please give me an insight on what it entails.
I think d pg form is still out. U can check d site. www.futa.edu.ng
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by figoperch: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ademolawa:
gud pm ,house, i ave winresist software, with data but need a guide or manual on how to work on ìt . I can only input data. Please any who has a guide on how to work nd generate, nd curve0matching should pls snd it to my mail box: ademolajohn34@gmail.com, or 07033091365. Am frm futa.400lvl geology student. Thank u ,God bles.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Where can I get a good offshore drilling training and certification?

Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Temi011(f): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
To be Extraordinary, there is a need to add extra to the ordinary things you do.

Get to build yourself and sharpen your skills by attending Geophysics Field School.

Read more from www.dextolgbgeo.com/geophysicsfieldschool

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Resistivity Meter Leasing for 12k/day (The Resistivity meter is easy to use, accurate and very strong. It does both Induced Polarisation (using Frequency Domain) and Resistivity Survey). Contact me on 28688C1B.
In case you want to get the new one too, it's available.

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rocoh(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
DMainMan:

PTDF GEOSCIENCES TRAINING PROGRAMME (GTP)

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government’s Agency mandated to build capacities in the Nigerian oil and gas industry. The Fund has over the years developed and implemented several programmes to meet identified human resource requirements to enhance the active participation of Nigerians in the industry.

In furtherance of the attainment of its mandate, the Fund wishes to commence the Geosciences Training Programme (GTP) designed to increase local capacities for geosciences knowledge, application and analytical skills in the oil and gas industry. This initiative entails the training of Nigerian graduates of geology or geosciences at the Laser Petroleum Geosciences Centre in Port Harcourt for effective participation in the industry’s upstream sector activities to enhance Nigerian Content Development. The GTP is of 5 months duration.

Further to the above, the Fund hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the following requirements:

A minimum of first degree in geology and geosciences ONLY

A minimum of second class lower degree

Must have completed the National Youth service Corps (NYSC)

Must not be above 30 years of age

Must be computer literate

Must be available to undertake a 6 months Post Training Attachment Programme

Must attach all credentials/documents while submitting application

Candidates are to note that only those who meet the requirements would be short listed and invited for the training programme.

Source: http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation
http://ptdf.gov.ng/index.php/30-latest-news-2/latest-news-1/256-ptdf-geosciences-training-programme-gtp
http:
Applicants who meet the above requirements are to upload the following documents to: geosciencestraining@ptdf.gov.ng and click on this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10XjRI8wnev3UxvYIimHFusw1HZu8yAXaFuOIXgcJFLo/viewform to complete the Geosciences Training Programme application form

The required documents to be uploaded are;

O’ level, WAEC or NECO results,

First degree and /or MSc. certificate

NYSC discharge certificate

Evidence of date of birth or age declaration

Evidence of State of origin

Passport photograph

Candidates must also provide their Contact phone numbers and email addresses.

The Fund will sponsor only a limited number of Trainees for the programme.

Candidates who do not meet the above conditions NEED NOT APPLY.

Completed applications should be submitted on or before August 21,2015.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rocoh(m): 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
DMainMan:
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purposes of development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower needs through research and training of Nigerians.

Our mission therefore is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad. We have a vision to serve not only as a vessel for the development of indigenous manpower and technology transfer/acquisition in the petroleum industry but also to make Nigeria a human resource centre for the West African sub-region

HOW TO APPLY

Go to the below link with a computer:

http://ptdf.esms.cinfores.com/

Then click on Apply here, then LSS MSC and follow through.

Closing Date: December 12, 2015
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by laniyi07(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
oote:
Resistivity Meter Leasing for 12k/day (The Resistivity meter is easy to use, accurate and very strong. It does both Induced Polarisation (using Frequency Domain) and Resistivity Survey). Contact me on 28688C1B.
In case you want to get the new one too, it's available.
how much is the new equipment please?

also please tell me how I can get the product catalogue
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dratm(m): 10:33am On Aug 10, 2015
Add me on whatsapp lmag5 08069381107Add me on whatsapp lmag5 08069381107Add me on whatsapp lmag5 08069381107

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.