Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169050 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Deprince36m(m): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nerosoft19:
08034064500 pls add me to the group.. I'm daniel iyango. under graduate of petroleum engineering

hi Daniel how is studies?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by eusuph99: 5:28am On Nov 02, 2015
+249920611583 Add me pls
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nerosoft19(m): 10:43am On Nov 02, 2015
Deprince36m:
hi Daniel how is studies?
fine. just wrote my second semester exams.. went well. are you a professional or a student?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Siloko26(m): 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
hi, am great by name....200level geology student of Unilorin...I would like to join the whatsapp group. pls add me up. thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by osaki(m): 11:34am On Nov 04, 2015
my number for whats app 08037074358, 07085010515
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mrphysics(m): 10:19am On Nov 06, 2015
, graduated from Physics and Astronomy, GEOPHYSICS MAJOR UNN. 2:1, pls I want to join d watsapp group and also want to know d next step to achieving my dream in geophysics. As we r waiting for service next yr, what do u think I shud do. I need answers, Tnks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Mayfrank(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
Uka Franklin 200 level Petroleum Engineering Federal university of. technology, owerri 07014255231
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by doublex: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
cool thread
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by CHRISTALLITE: 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good day everyone.pls I'm in need of your help.I was fortunate to be admitted to study Geology at University of Ilorin and have no means to meet up with the school financial requirement which is about #62,000. Pls people the deadline closes in 11 days.I have tried all means,bit all to no avail.Even my acceptance fee was paid by a man called 'melodies' on nairaland.pls help my future.I have no means to go about this.I have a strong ability academically pls help my life.I was to be useful in life.I fearfully and hopefully look forward to hearing from you;sirs and ma's .God bless you all amen. jamb reg:55178188ba www.jamb.org.ng. 09031833572
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ubongchrisetim(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
hello imague, i am just graduating from the university of Calabar. I studied applied geophysics. please can you link me up with a company i can do an internship in port harcourt.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Godzlove8(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
jazinogold:
normal uniben parol....i had a taste of it...gvn geology....was tinking of crossing over afta yr1; but i ended up being the best student in my clas in yr1&yr2 wit dat ...my guy dm no let me transfer go engine o! no regrets doh....jxt mk sure u v a good rsult in ur yr1...wit that u can easily cross to geology 4rm maths. cheers
geology and engineering. Which of this two courses deals with calculation most?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Godzlove8(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Geopascal:
God! i sure luv dz forum Geophysics al d way great geoscientist!
good evening boss..am sorry for derailin this thread...please i will like to know about geology course in unical. I wanna switch course and school. I heard itz a very tough course in unical and i wanna know why students like sayin this. Please advice me on the best way i can make good grades there and the best way of overcomin failure by saddistic lecturers. Also heard that it involves much calculation..right? Please tell me everything i need to know about this great course..God bless u..Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by larry2lanky: 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello Guyz, My name is Larry, Final year student Petroleum Eng.Tech.[HND] 4rm Oil Republic P.T.I... would love 2 b added 2 d whatsapp group.. 08036305089..Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by marcondo13: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Mayfrank:
Uka Franklin 200 level Petroleum Engineering Federal university of. technology, owerri 07014255231
how is Aguta and Anyadiegwu?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Mayfrank(m): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2015
marcondo13:

Probably enjoying themselves
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 8:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Godzlove8:
geology and engineering. Which of this two courses deals with calculation most?
engineering!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Godzlove8(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
jazinogold:
engineering!
then why is geology said to be a very tough course in the university?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mayfrank:
marcondo13:

How's onwukwe, igwilo, Izuwa, Nzeribe, udie, and onyejekwe.

List unending

Shout out to all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
Godzlove8:
then why is geology said to be a very tough course in the university?
you have to study a lot of rocks on the field,in d lab n in d class
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Godzlove8(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2015
jazinogold:
you have to study a lot of rocks on the field,in d lab n in d class
thank) so much sir, at first i thought it was all about the calculation aspect..i like studyin bout rocks tho
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by marcondo13: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2015
deracathy:

How's onwukwe, igwilo, Izuwa, Nzeribe, udie, and onyejekwe.

List unending

Shout out to all of them.

during our time, Onwukwe and Izuwa were junior lecturers,and the others you mentioned,haven't joined in. I can recall two funny incidents way back. First,Engr Igwilo was searching for his car outside Workshop II,after a lecture on drilling fluid technology at the Petroleum Laboratory. He forgot that he left his car at the SEET carpark and walked down to the laboratory! He was as high as a kite! Mind you,when he was sober,he was the greatest mind,apart from Dr Pepple,that I have met in the area of mud engineering!
The second tale was about a mentally disturbed but insanely brilliant lecturer,Okonkwo,who taught Reservoir Engineering. He came to lecture but forgot his belt at home! He was as crazy as a bat and was a legend among students and lecturers.That was when Udie was recruited to lecture!
Those were the crazy days when the Petroleum Dept had the funkiest and grooviest lecturers in FUTO,and SPE FUTO was regarded as the Society of Political/Party Engineers cos we threw the best parties and we fielded a candidate for almost every post during the SUG elections in 2006,which was an incredible feat,when even the sitting President was an SPE member! We were a thorn in Emma Mbah's side,who was the SUG rep! He lectures now at the Dept!
I miss those sha!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2015
marcondo13:

during our time, Onwukwe and Izuwa were junior lecturers,and the others you mentioned,haven't joined in. I can recall two funny incidents way back. First,Engr Igwilo was searching for his car outside Workshop II,after a lecture on drilling fluid technology at the Petroleum Laboratory. He forgot that he left his car at the SEET carpark and walked down to the laboratory! He was as high as a kite! Mind you,when he was sober,he was the greatest mind,apart from Dr Pepple,that I have met in the area of mud engineering!
The second tale was about a mentally disturbed but insanely brilliant lecturer,Okonkwo,who taught Reservoir Engineering. He came to lecture but forgot his belt at home! He was as crazy as a bat and was a legend among students and lecturers.That was when Udie was recruited to lecture!
Those were the crazy days when the Petroleum Dept had the funkiest and grooviest lecturers in FUTO,and SPE FUTO was regarded as the Society of Political/Party Engineers cos we threw the best parties and we fielded a candidate for almost every post during the SUG elections in 2006,which was an incredible feat,when even the sitting President was an SPE member! We were a thorn in Emma Mbah's side,who was the SUG rep! He lectures now at the Dept!
I miss those sha!

When did you graduate? lemme guess 2007
PET is one of the futo's flexing departments

Funny lecturers then, now they are more serious than ever.

SPE Futo recognized globally
#ATCE the 8Elites.

Shout out to all Futoites Home and Abroad.

#oldUniTales .
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by marcondo13: 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
deracathy:

When did you graduate? lemme guess 2007
PET is one of the futo's flexing departments

Funny lecturers then, now they are more serious than ever.

SPE Futo recognized globally
#ATCE the 8Elites.

Shout out to all Futoites Home and Abroad.

#oldUniTales .

nothing do you o! With my SCADA system,I can see that you really avoided Otamiri river while at FUTO! Lol!
Stay safe on the oilpatch!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by wizzyrainy(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2015
Good granites and olivines! Am also a geophysicist! Pls how much is the HSE training?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by wizzyrainy(m): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2015
marcondo13:

I miss those sha!

Emma Mbah got married last week
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
wizzyrainy:
Another Futoite grin

He is now a family Man.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by xyoung: 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
I am a Practicing Petroleum Engineer, Upper and lower completions to be specific. I advice people without job experience not to about spending money on expensive training like IWCF (subsea, drilling, pressure control) or the IADC equivalent. You need job experience inorder for this training to be relevant to you. Trust me, it is not advisable (from the HR point of view)

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by front247: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2015
I am a 3rd class geology graduate which professional course can l do so that l can be marketable.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ayopedro(m): 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
Does anybody in the house has the idea when this Geo sciences training program list by PTDF would be out
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by concentrated: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2015
Have you all forgotten Mining Engineering exist?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by marcondo13: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
wizzyrainy:
I know. I got an e-invite but I couldn't make it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.