Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal (20146 Views)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by lobell: 3:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Originalsly: Why is this a good move?...good for Nigeria or good for Nissan? Why don't we ever hear the details of the plans? ...or we just don't care because we would have bragging rights? Can somebody explain how this would benefit Nigeria? Instead of nursing our own baby Innoson...here we are bringing in veteran Nissan. How can Innoson compete? Any good government would try to develop its local industry...not discourage it by importing competition....yet we wonder why India and others are so far ahead. Did India allow foreign auto manufacturers? Yes they did. Under what conditions? Mercedes Benz....e.g...20 year licence...first 5 years all product to be exported/15%staff locals. Next 5yrs...10% of product local sale40% staff local..20% management locals etc...incremental take over. Yesterday Walmart backed out of opening stores in India because of similar policy...they have to sell.x percent of local produce etc. That is development...not to open your doors to be exploited and that is exactly what Nissan is doing. Is that something to clap about? What have we learned from Shell and all ths other foreign companies? Please...open your eyes and allow me to shut my trap.
My sentiments exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by bootlegaz: 3:56am On Oct 10, 2013
geeez: Lagos is the Japan of Africa

Any other acclaimed Japan is Taiwanese

Eko o ni baje

Yoruba land o ni baje

I thought yoruba peeps said they are the most educated ethnic group in Nigeria but majority of the low lifes here does not understand corporative advantage in a business settings? As a business developer, it will be cheaper to locate your business in an area that has cheap labor and easy access to international Seaport (Lagos). China for example, is where Apple manufactures her products yet Chinese citizens could not afford to buy a Iphone. It is more efficient and cheaper to manufacture iphone in China than United States but that does not mean that the people of china has better standard of living than Americans. Most Businesses are located in Lagos cos of its vast population, easy access to Sea Port, International airport and a former federal capital and at the end, those that will patronize the businesses will be from East and Northern Nigeria. I was at Four Point Hotel in Lekki last year and majority of the guest were Indians and Europeans and I never heard a single Yoruba language.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by bootlegaz: 4:10am On Oct 10, 2013
Without a good credit system I doubt this company will generate enough revenue,maybe if they ship the cars overseas. Nigerians are cheap and may not be able to afford brand new cars to cover the operating cost.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Originalsly: 4:14am On Oct 10, 2013
That's more than 2 kobos worth!...hmmm...how we love to undersell ourselves!
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by excelAGR42: 5:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Wow, this is remarkable and exciting because Nigeria will stop being the preferred destination for old smoky jalopy cars that pollute our environment daily. God I thank you ooooo because wit this policy life can never be the same again as the poor and middle class can at least save money to buy tear rubber cars. As against buying tokunbo cars that usually become a conduit pipe for draining d little money in our pocket due to incessant breakdown and repairs.

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by RoadLord: 5:22am On Oct 10, 2013
Talking about Stallion,

Who are the owners of this company?

Do you really need another company to set up an assembly plant?

The problem with our policies is that they are only intended to enrich some purses. Government just paint a picture of trying to better Nigerians.

When NCC introduced SIM registeration, the perception was that by now, kidnapping will be impossible cos all SIMs will be traceable. What do we have today?

Our plate numbers suddenly wasn't good enough.
Obj's national I'd cards.
Rebranding Nigeria
There is a brand of motorcycle that is now allowed in Lagos. To mention a few.

Any policy that has selfish motive is bound to fail.

I urge government to continue. But a man living in a glass house should remember the man living in mud house. The day he gets angry, all he would need is small mud.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by badmeat(m): 5:25am On Oct 10, 2013
As a sharp business man!I will strategies how to key in n have my own slice of the cake,grin,GEJ till. 2019
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by kaeto(m): 5:34am On Oct 10, 2013
agbameta:

I read somewhere that business are going to leave Lagos for the SE/SS and the pipe dream aka ibaka is going to make this happen.

Even though it was a silly chest beating joke, I still laughed anyways...

Obviously, Nissan didn't get the chest beating message...

The new chest beating scheme now is to praise GEJ and his dumb policies for our great progress and development in the SW.

The question is, why is the SW the only beneficiary of GEJ policies? These businesses are not going to the North, SS or the SE because the so called policies applies to just the SW and not other parts of Nigeria even places like SE and their lopsided vote in his favor?

This is why I lmao @ these jokers and their dumb spins and attache by force...
innoson motors is already in the SE, and moreso, it's an indigenous company. You will hardly find any yoruba company that produces even candles. Most of the foreign companies choose lagos due to it's proximity to a deep sea port should in case they will have to export their products and moreover as an assembly plant they have to be close to the port through which the car parts are imported. I don't see why you should be boasting like a little uninformed child. GEJ's polices must be applauded, what did your past leaders achieve compared to the humble man you ingrates call clueless? Na wao..

9 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by adconline(m): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2013
taharqa:

I honestly do not have the time nor the energy to respond to self-hating TROLLS this evening, but for the sake of others wud quickly make a point:

there is an existing VON Assembly/Manufacturing Line in Lagos which the Stallion Group recently bought over and resuscitated. They are presently producing few cars already to the Nigerian market. Nissan is just collaborating/investing with them in order to expand the Line to be able to produce around 45,000 units of Nissan cars a year. The 1st Nissan cars wud come out of this Line next year, by His Grace.

To make you even more frustrated, I wud like to inform you that Toyota (which already has more than 60% Market share in Nigeria) wud announce its own Manufacturing Plans in a matter of days/weeks.

Others Major World brands wud likely follow. I mean, they wud be CRAZY not to seeing that Nigeria has by far the largest population in Africa, has the largest and the fasting growing Middle Class in Africa and a country which since the beginning of this year have seen an average of 34% rise in car sales for some of these major Brands, and more so after reading/taking due recognition of the details and comprehensiveness of the New National Automation Policy.

Night.
The same Stallion group owned by Vaswani brothers that were charged for Tax evasion. NAFDAC accused them of selling expired/adulterated products.
The same company that bought Volkswagen Nigeria and converted it to a bonded terminal for rice, fish and oil products, is now saying that it's about producing cars.
Are we talking about assembly or manufacturing?
How many drive train parts are they making? Any chance of making power train?
Before you run, you have to crawl first. MOUs are nothing if there are no govt investments in power and infrastructure.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/why-volkswagen-was-converted-to-warehouse/98837/

4 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 10, 2013
whitecat007: Good one Fashola!
Eko oni baje!
Yoruba has done it again
wa gba yi.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by lastpage: 6:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Good move to start from somewhere. Before long, we should be manufacturing, as the knowledge "transfers".

But wait, should we not have started assembling say for one year at least, before banning the Tokunboh cars?
Talk of putting the cart, before the Horse!

Before we all get carried away, l am wondering where the "electricity" to run the power plant is?

Even in houses where people live, electricity rationing and load shedding (4hrs ON, 20Hrs OFF!) is still the order of the day.

I just wish we can tackle this "Demon and Spirit" (respects to FFK grin ) of power failures/shortage so that laudable projects like these can really be sustained and improved upon.
Assembly plant wont be shutting down and starting when power goes. like our mortuaries o! shocked

"To whom much is given, much is certainly expected"!

My fingers are crossed in prayer.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by danny301: 6:03am On Oct 10, 2013
solomon111: Where're all those short-sighted people faulting the president for banning used cars?
President GEJ would have made a very fine president of the SE/SS nation.
He's too good for Nigeria.

Why SE/SS Nation? What happens to your Peoples' Republic of Biafra then?..... However, kudos to Mr. President for that great move.....

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by lastpage: 6:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Road_Lord: Talking about Stallion,

Who are the owners of this company?

Do you really need another company to set up an assembly plant?

The problem with our policies is that they are only intended to enrich some purses. Government just paint a picture of trying to better Nigerians.

When NCC introduced SIM registeration, the perception was that by now, kidnapping will be impossible cos all SIMs will be traceable. What do we have today?

Our plate numbers suddenly wasn't good enough.
Obj's national I'd cards.
Rebranding Nigeria
There is a brand of motorcycle that is now allowed in Lagos. To mention a few.

Any policy that has selfish motive is bound to fail.

I urge government to continue. But a man living in a glass house should remember the man living in mud house. The day he gets angry, all he would need is small mud.

O wii'ree! The Oracle has spoken.

God bless you.

Lastpage!
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by atpet(m): 6:12am On Oct 10, 2013
Ve u register b4? If ur answer is No.. Pls click
here to start register http://www./?r=atpet pls dnt forget dat atpet is ur refer. When d reg was successful then click OUR
BANK to c wia to pay #500 for ur account
approve and start earn. U can add me for more
info.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by naptu2: 6:39am On Oct 10, 2013
1) I wrote on another thread that the government was planning to increase tariffs on imported cars and that this will encourage foreign firms to open up shop here, but some people laughed at the idea. I guess I've been vindicated.

2) Some people are still fixated with today. They are not looking at yesterday or tomorrow. Businesses invest because they want to sell and make a profit. They do not invest just because they want to throw money away. Therefore, the companies that are currently investing will have to develop some kind of credit scheme or cost effective measures to ensure that they have a large market to sell to (there are many companies in Nigeria that already sell goods on credit [if you can provide your employment details]).

3) Used cars are not being banned immediately. It is a gradual process that will involve periodically increase tariff on imported cars.

4) I hope this government and future governments stick with the policy. There has been a law in place since the 1970s that prevents the federal government from purchasing imported cars (it was put in place to encourage manufacturing at PAN, VON, Anamco, Steyr, Leyland, etc). However, the government later ignored this directive.

5) I give credit to the GEJ Administration for initiating this policy and to the OBJ Administration for selling government shares in VON.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 10, 2013
agbameta:

I read somewhere that business are going to leave Lagos for the SE/SS and the pipe dream aka ibaka is going to make this happen.

Even though it was a silly chest beating joke, I still laughed anyways...

Obviously, Nissan didn't get the chest beating message...

The new chest beating scheme now is to praise GEJ and his dumb policies for our great progress and development in the SW.

The question is, why is the SW the only beneficiary of GEJ policies? These businesses are not going to the North, SS or the SE because the so called policies applies to just the SW and not other parts of Nigeria even places like SE and their lopsided vote in his favor?

This is why I lmao @ these jokers and their dumb spins and attache by force...

Unfortunately, lazy ass like you only mastur.bate seen that outsiders are the ones developing you region for you. It doesnt bother you that you hadly hear a yoruba man building the largest or doing big businesses.yoruba's largest business is corporate and government fraud. how often do you hear Yoruba investors.Dangote has already bought the whole of Yoruba, unfortunately it doesn't bother the Yoruba. when Nigerian split other Nigerians from other regions as foreigners in your odua country will be the ones controlling your economy as well as being able to control and manipulate your odua government because money speaks, yes money speaks the way shell and other oil multinationals are controlling Nigerian Government. Can that be said other the Yoruba how many entrepreneurs do you have, how many of them can you say have that leverage others have. the SE economy is an home grown economy,controled ingenuously by the igbos, can that be said of the SW. I pray Nigeria split, that will enable us develop fully and also control Odua economy and Odua will be on its heels begging biafra for bailout package like we are seeing in Europe........as Greece and Spain are all begging the Germans.......

By the way, SE already has his own Auto plant "INNOSSON and ANAMCO". does the SW have any if not to be attaching themselves and reaping where they did not sow(parasite)?? all they do wait is for others to help them and later claim such development is their effort. Am sure tomorrow they will tell dangote it is them that developed olokola after he finish building the largest refinery in Africa there. LAZY bunches

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Last time I checked 85-90% of cars on Nigeria roads are not new ones. Only the government, "government people" and some rich folks can afford it. Why praise what is bound to fail? Those company knows Nigeria don't have the market to push their products, they're coming here because it's easy to bribe your way through tax, duty fees, hire people with low wages, and threat them like animals in their country. They have targeted market in Africa, not Nigeria though.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense! What is your definition of "common man"? Any Nigerian who is rich enough to buy and maintain fairly used vehicles can not be considered as a "common man". We have to find a balance between the need for cheap vehicles for the middle class and providing JOBS for the over 40 million unemployed Nigerians. The unemployed Nigerians just want JOBS to get their life going and that's what the president is doing by churning out well-thought out policies such as the new automative policy. If the middle class can afford fairly used cars, then they can also afford the increment due to the slight adjustment in tarrif that will come as result of efforts to provide JOBS for the over 40 million of our brothers and sisters who are currently JOBLESS.

Moreover, the govt is also providing car loans as part of the new policy to enable working Nigerians buy new vehicles of their choice.
brother sycophant, i no dey follow u talk. Ok?

With all ur asslicking off point comments everytime ur pay master is attacked! undecided

Which jobs are u providing? Sure-P? grin

Are we talking of the feds providing the jobs 'NOW that they are broke' or the states that kept looking for loopholes to sack the current jobbers?

And what car-loan are we talking abt? Is everyone supposed to buy new cars?

Avent old and new been bought by the concerned parties for years?

So, baba risikat that wanted to venture into simple intrastate taxi business will now have to save for a lambourgini abi ferrari? grin since he has no collateral and a loan option will leave him paying for life time?

i tot u are brained, and shld av realised that their should be a balance weneva we are talking of citizens' welfarism!

Mr man, ur master remains clueless, and i can bet u this move was orchestrated by nuttin but cos of the stakes he will nail at any assemblage-interested company!

Of all the years of assemblage of pejeot and volk wagen in Nigeria back then, where are the production plants? undecided

Nansense!!!
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Ayekotoo(m): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2013
kaeto: innoson motors is already in the SE, and moreso, it's an indigenous company. You will hardly find any yoruba company that produces even candles. Most of the foreign companies choose lagos due to it's proximity to a deep sea port should in case they will have to export their products and moreover as an assembly plant they have to be close to the port through which the car parts are imported. I don't see why you should be boasting like a little uninformed child. GEJ's polices must be applauded, what did your past leaders achieve compared to the humble man you ingrates call clueless? Na wao..

hardly find any yoruba company producing candle? is this a joke or what? Honeywell, Oyin holdings, Yale foods, Tuyil pharmacy, Eleganza etc are not ringing in your ears all this while?

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Stallion Group.

Are those not the infamous vaswani brothers?

I also seem to remember that they sell hyundais

Let's watch and see.

But team jona keep wetting their pants over deals rather than actual results.

Let's see the first brick of the assembly plant first before all this mindless cheering.

The pages of nl are chock full of deals moratoriums etc that have gone nowhere
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Reference(m): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2013
mikeansy:

No car has been assembled in Nigeria yet!

Hmm. Another Multichoice moment coming up.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by awodman: 7:15am On Oct 10, 2013
lastpage: Good move to start from somewhere. Before long, we should be manufacturing, as the knowledge "transfers".

But wait, should we not have started assembling say for one year at least, before banning the Tokunboh cars?
Talk of putting the cart, before the Horse!

Before we all get carried away, l am wondering where the "electricity" to run the power plant is?

Even in houses where people live, electricity rationing and load shedding (4hrs ON, 20Hrs OFF!) is still the order of the day.

I just wish we can tackle this "Demon and Spirit" (respects to FFK grin ) of power failures/shortage so that laudable projects like these can really be sustained and improved upon.
Assembly plant wont be shutting down and starting when power goes. like our mortuaries o! shocked

"To whom much is given, much is certainly expected"!

My fingers are crossed in prayer.

Lastpage!
The ban is not taking effect until Feb 28,2014...and Nissan is saying the first car from the plant will be out early next year..so let's watch and see
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by kingston247: 7:16am On Oct 10, 2013
solomon111: you're a morøn.

A very BIG slowpoke....
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Turbocharged: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2013
mikeansy: I will wait for the 1st car to roll out of a production plant before I comment
You better comment now. You MAY not be alive by dat time.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by naptu2: 7:19am On Oct 10, 2013
I forgot to add: there will, of course, still be a used car market, but it is increasingly going to consist of "nigerian used cars" rather than "imported used cars".

naptu2: 1) I wrote on another thread that the government was planning to increase tariffs on imported cars and that this will encourage foreign firms to open up shop here, but some people laughed at the idea. I guess I've been vindicated.

2) Some people are still fixated with today. They are not looking at yesterday or tomorrow. Businesses invest because they want to sell and make a profit. They do not invest just because they want to throw money away. Therefore, the companies that are currently investing will have to develop some kind of credit scheme or cost effective measures to ensure that they have a large market to sell to (there are many companies in Nigeria that already sell goods on credit [if you can provide your employment details]).

3) Used cars are not being banned immediately. It is a gradual process that will involve periodically increase tariff on imported cars.

4) I hope this government and future governments stick with the policy. There has been a law in place since the 1970s that prevents the federal government from purchasing imported cars (it was put in place to encourage manufacturing at PAN, VON, Anamco, Steyr, Leyland, etc). However, the government later ignored this directive.

5) I give credit to the GEJ Administration for initiating this policy and to the OBJ Administration for selling government shares in VON.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Ayekotoo(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2013
sam(obo):

Unfortunately, lazy ass like you only mastur.bate seen that outsiders are the ones developing you region for you. It doesnt bother you that you hadly hear a yoruba man building the largest or doing big businesses.yoruba's largest business is corporate and government fraud. how often do you hear Yoruba investors.Dangote has already bought the whole of Yoruba, unfortunately it doesn't bother the Yoruba. when Nigerian split other Nigerians from other regions as foreigners in your odua country will be the ones controlling your economy as well as being able to control and manipulate your odua government because money speaks, yes money speaks the way shell and other oil multinationals are controlling Nigerian Government. Can that be said other the Yoruba how many entrepreneurs do you have, how many of them can you say have that leverage others have. the SE economy is an home grown economy,controled ingenuously by the igbos, can that be said of the SW. I pray Nigeria split, that will enable us develop fully and also control Odua economy and Odua will be on its heels begging biafra for bailout package like we are seeing in Europe........as Greece and Spain are all begging the Germans.......

By the way, SE already has his own Auto plant "INNOSSON and ANAMCO". does the SW have any if not to be attaching themselves and reaping where they did not sow(parasite)?? all they do wait is for others to help them and later claim such development is their effort. Am sure tomorrow they will tell dangote it is them that developed olokola after he finish building the largest refinery in Africa there. LAZY bunches

Mr. ignorant, I never knew Tantalizers, Tastee fried chicken, Finecoat, Portland paint, Chicken republic, Mamacass, Sweetsensation, okomuoil etc are foreigner-owned companies. because SW don't go boasting about their businesses doesn't mean we don't have. you heard?

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by yoddy(m): 7:41am On Oct 10, 2013
[img][/img]For the pips who wonder why some of us think GEJ is clueless, check this out.

While its an applaudable move to encourage car manufacturers to set up assembly plants in the country, I think the ban on tokunbo should come after these plants are up and running.

Now that the ban came first, the cost of these new cars won't be competitive.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by naptu2: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2013
yoddy: [img][/img]For the pips who wonder why some of us think GEJ is clueless, check this out.

While its an applaudable move to encourage car manufacturers to set up assembly plants in the country, I think the ban on tokunbo should come after these plants are up and running.

Now that the ban came first, the cost of these new cars won't be competitive.

You are right, but the minister has clarified that there is no ban at the moment. What's going to happen is that they are gradually going to increase tariffs on imported cars. They might eventually impose a ban, but that's sometime in the future.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2013
theshadyexpress:
true talk...but we need to get rid of these never-see-good-as-far-as-its-done-by-GEJ people.
Jonathan till 2019 at least

U ar either a joker 4rm batman or u ar just high on weed
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by naptu2: 7:48am On Oct 10, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria: No Immediate Ban On Used Vehicles, Says Aganga[/size]

4 October 2013 , Source: Vanguard

Abuja

The Federal Government said in Abuja on Thursday that the new automobile policy was not aimed at immediate ban on the importation of fairly used vehicles.

The Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment, Mr Olusegun Aganga, made this explanation at a news conference on the content of the new automotive plan.

Aganga said the policy would, instead, focus on promoting investments in affordable made-in-Nigeria vehicles that will in future minimise their importation.

The new Automobile Industrial Policy Development was approved on Wednesday by the Federal Executive Council.

"This policy will not result in the banning of the importation of vehicles in Nigeria but focus on promoting investments in affordable made-in-Nigeria vehicles that will in future minimise the importation of vehicles" , he said.

Aganga, who said phasing out second hand vehicles, popularly known as 'tokunbo', was a gradual process.

He said what government had done was to raise tariff on importation with a view to discouraging the influx of used vehicles into the country while also encouraging local manufacturing.

According to him, no responsible government would ban importation of used cars without putting in place viable alternatives.

"The importation of tokunbo cars will not be a major threat to the plan. Production of vehicles is in stages and involves a long process.

"You do not remove a thing without providing a viable alternative", he said.

The Director General, National Automotive Council, Mr Aminu Jalal, said the policy would help to open up the industry to many international auto manufacturers.

He said Toyota, Nissan, Renault and GM have all indicated keen interest to invest in Nigeria following the articulation of a comprehensive automotive development plan.

"These companies are now conducting feasibility studies on assembling vehicles in Nigeria.

"The elements of the plan, which will ensure competitiveness and increased productivity of the sector, are: industrial infrastructure improvement, skill development, standards, investment promotion, market development and anti-smuggling measures."

The Chief Executive Officer of Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN), Mr Ibrahim Boyi, commended the Federal Government for the initiative.

He urged the government to map out strategies for the gradual banning of importation of used vehicles.

Boyi, who held that the importation of used cars had been a great challenge to the industry, said there must be a strict regime on the importation of fairly used vehicles.

"It is something that we have been clamouring for and something we have been hoping for.

"When you look at the performance of the industry, it has been a very unfortunate situation for the country.

"Apart from the environmental effects, importation of used cars had remained a great challenge to the industry.

"Most of the vehicles shipped into the country fall short of the stipulated environmental standards of the exporting countries", he said. (NAN)

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201310041281.html/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Diesel And Petrol Vehicles May Be Banned In The Next 10 Years In Nigeria / 15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Why Buy A Hummer Jeep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.