Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77889 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Enigma: ^^^^ See here https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/9#8071513

The Giving That Stands You Out – Thursday April 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet (Acts 4:36-37).

It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a robber: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8 ).

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

So, beyond your tithes and giving your offerings, which are compulsory for every believer, you have to go the extra mile by getting financially involved in the spread of the Gospel. This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.”

Remember it’s in your interest and in your favour when you give to the Lord, for He has promised great returns and mighty harvest of blessings for the giver. So be sure to be counted among those who give financially towards the things of God. In our Ministry, we have several platforms through which we reach millions of souls around the world every day with the Gospel. Locate such opportunities and participate big-time. That’s how to get relevant in the Kingdom and make your life count.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the available opportunities I have to give towards the work of the Kingdom today, realizing that they’ve been put in place for me to make my relevance and impact in world evangelism felt through my giving. Thank you Lord, for continuously increasing my capacity to give, in Jesus’ Name. Amen,

Further Study
Luke 8:2-3
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 11:14-36
Reading plan Judges 3-4

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:55-66
Reading Plan Leviticus 7

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
----------------------------------------------------

Any time Joagbaje in particular talks his deceitful nonsense, shove this in his face. wink

cool

i think it better to ignore this, as i know my NL folks. They do not discuss objectively but prefer personal attacks. the next thing now is for them to go and look for something 'terrible' that the man did or said to fight any truth he might have said. Its the illness of attacking the messenger instead of the message. i think you guys are missing it. You cannot exempt people from quoting scriptures or teaching or exhorting from scriptures, any part. ALL Scripture is given by divine inspiration including Malachi 3v9,10 and is PROFITABLE for doctrine, instruction etc. A preacher can preach from any portion of the Bible. You cannot just say "Oh, he's quoting Haggai or Esther or Leviticus, he is living under the law". There are profitable things to learn from every part of the Bible. Here on NL, we are answering based on questions, which context is different from general teaching or exhortation.
We say we give/pay tithes, antitithers say tithe is from the law. The obvious answer that tithe was before the law. However, there are lessons we can learn and even practices we can emulate from any portion of the Bible, with considerations to the perspective of God and of His Son Jesus.
Each teacher or pastor teaches according to the understanding or light that he has. It is okay for Oyakhilome to instruct his members/followers in line with what God has revealed to him from scriptures. It is God that can judge him on that, not man. i do not agree with everything he has said, but i could very well say that for any man. Even husband and wife, siblings do not agree with everything the other person has to say on a particular issue. But does that make him a thief or a fake or any of the other derogatory names that antitithers like to call us? We cannot all score the same mark or understand things the exact same way. If one person writes an exam twice, he may not write the same thing or score the same mark. We can go to the same class and listen to the same teacher, and in examination, you score 80 and i score 60. Neither failed, neither had the same understanding.
Oyakhilome said this also, do you agree with it? "This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.
i guess you do. The devotional was exhorting folks to do more than tithe, to give liberally. He says there that tithes is not enough(that is the first or second line). You can see that these pastors are not claiming that tithing is the fix it all. There is an 'extra mile'. Tithing you ought to do, but not leave the other undone as it were. All in all, i'd rather we deal personally and with the Bible in our hands than making reference to an individual's church or pastor.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Candour:

You see why your tithe mentors can't be trusted. In the book I mentioned, he stated that the principle works every time. Maybe he forgot what he wrote in the one I have. When was this one you're talking about published? The one I have was published in 1992. I'm sure this one you have is a more recent publication hence the revised promises.

Probably evidence has shown him that financial prosperity is not by tithing hence he has to remix it.

Anyway what about the devourer? Does it work all the time? Because Adeboye mentioned devourer can't be escaped. So what is your opinion on this?

grin

Good question!
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Is the kingdom expansion interest similar to what oyaks is saying here....

...and this one below....

So for tithe to work you must give more than your tithe, damn! angry see 'milking' strategy grin so this is the secret ingredient image123 was talking about. Image123 kindly confirm please.
The Word of God and its learning and understanding is cumulative. You do not just go and live on one day's message. Each message and aspect of the christian life comes with 'blessings'. One can preach on almost anything in the Bible and it promises great things. A pastor can preach a message on hardwork and the way he will break it down, you can assume hardwork/diligence is all. The same thing can be taught of prayer and its efficacy. The same can be taught of faith, same thing for righteousness, same thing for the power of the mind, same thing for giving, same thing for obedience, same thing for the wonderful name of Jesus. This is why it behooves the member or follower to be consistent in church and read/study the Bible for himself/herself, then you will know that all these are interconnected and kind of conditional on one another. you do not do one to substitute the other. Prayer alone would not work. you need to go out and work, you need to read etc. But a preacher can so challenge his hearers on prayer to the point you can assume that all you need to do in life is pray. An evangelist can preach on the sweet sweet promises and life that await a sinner if only he will be saved or born again. It is teaching that will show more etc.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image, all you did up there is a pathetic attempt to gloss over the truth and its very unfortunate.

Does that look like an attack on Pastor Chris? You guys have been lying since a long time that you do not tithe according to the law. You personally told me on the 'tithes and offerings' thread that I should stop jumping to conclusions when I said I was sure your pastor preached tithe from Malachi. So also have others disowned Malachi because you know its tied to Deut 14:22-29 which you avoid like a plague.

This write up proves beyond doubt that you all have been lying through your teeth when you say that. If Pastor Chris who is said to preach unfettered grace can call a non tither a robber courtesy of Malachi, what other proof do we need that you are a Mosaic tither? If you can, tell us if you agree with that write up or not.

Joagbaje has wisely avoided discussing this issue because he knows its indefensible. Judging from this your attempt to explain it, I think it was a very wise decision indeed.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Demain_man: I think Pastor Joagbaje say no be malachi tithe him they pay yet his Oga @ the top is using same Malachi tithe to catch more customers tongue

Joagbaje, over to you sir!

i've explained this already. If i may add, nobody has the right to remove from God's Word or tell another christian not to teach from it.
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Jo and Jo's pastor are free to teach from any scripture passage that they so desire. Wisdom is profitable to direct, kindly use it sir. We do not tithe because it is commanded under the law, tithe was given and accepted before Moses's father was born. Jesus said to give tithes.
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Jesus NEVER condemned or restrained any one from giving tithe. He even commended a poor woman giving ALL her living to the treasury.
Mar 12:43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
Mar 12:44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

None of the apostles condemned or spoke against tithing. the Holy Ghost did not forget.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:

i've explained this already. If i may add, nobody has the right to remove from God's Word or tell another christian not to teach from it.
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Jo and Jo's pastor are free to teach from any scripture passage that they so desire. Wisdom is profitable to direct, kindly use it sir. We do not tithe because it is commanded under the law, tithe was given and accepted before Moses's father was born. Jesus said to give tithes.
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Jesus NEVER condemned or restrained any one from giving tithe. He even commended a poor woman giving ALL her living to the treasury.
Mar 12:43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
Mar 12:44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

None of the apostles condemned or spoke against tithing. the Holy Ghost did not forget.

Going by this thrash you put up here, you must really think that majority of nairalanders and daft morons like the congregation you lord it over. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:

Matt 24:1-3
'Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.'

The holy ghost didn't forget the above scripture too. Particularly the bolded. Do you obey it?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Candour:

Matt 24:1-3
'Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.'

The holy ghost didn't forget the above scripture too. Particularly the bolded. Do you obey it?

Kindly go to this link nd read my comment on that. If you have questions on what i said, you can ask.
Short answer is YES by the way,

https://www.nairaland.com/1457950/matthew-23-message-lets-discuss
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:

Kindly go to this link nd read my comment on that. If you have questions on what i said, you can ask.

There are 613 laws that the Pharisees and scribes have derived from Moses. Here's just two of them

Lev 15:16
'And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even'

The above law means if you have a seminal discharge, you're unclean until evening which means you can't enter the sanctuary until then among other prohibitions.

Deut 22:11
'Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.'

These are just 2 out of 613 laws. Do you obey them?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:

I see, ^^

the day another person teach or open church and start doing animal sacrifice and you interject to say anything to the contrary, beware your statement today stand to judge you as a fraud.

Yes, "nobody has the right to remove from God's Word or tell another christian not to teach from it".

So, any christian has the right to ask for animal sacrifice and sin offering and "no one has the right to tell another christian not to teach from the bible" and do whatever he likes from it since it is contained in it..

Now we are seeing the dead contience that front as christians and shout "Rhema"! Every where.

Smh for your kind.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2013
Image123:

Candour:

There are 613 laws that the Pharisees and scribes have derived from Moses. Here's just two of them

Lev 15:16
'And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even'

The above law means if you have a seminal discharge, you're unclean until evening which means you can't enter the sanctuary until then among other prohibitions.

Deut 22:11
'Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.'

These are just 2 out of 613 laws. Do you obey them?

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2013
@ Image123,

Let's hear from you now, since you painting the 'church' (you, me & every other Christians around the world) as the 'storehouse' in Malachi, not the building or physical wall structure we meet together. The question to you is,

Is the church Christ died for and loved = to the storehouse of Malachi?

Also, a scripture or two that says\infer the question\answer will also do.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Goshen360: @ Image123,

Let's hear from you now, since you painting the 'church' (you, me & every other Christians around the world) as the 'storehouse' in Malachi, not the building or physical wall structure we meet together. The question to you is,

Is the church Christ died for and loved = to the storehouse of Malachi?

Also, a scripture or two that says\infer the question\answer will also do.

You already heard from me. i do not understand this quote of yours and all this needless accusations of paintings. You're fast turning into a notorious false accuser, watch it.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Enigma(m): 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^^ I'm sorry to say that you too are fast becoming an accuser --- with your false allegation against me.

Hence, I didn't even bother to reply your post.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ I'm sorry to say that you too are fast becoming an accuser --- with your false allegation against me.

Hence, I didn't even bother to reply your post.

smiley

Sorry i do not recall my false allegation or even any allegation against YOU.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by LordHaveMercy: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Image123:

Sorry i do not recall my false allegation or even any allegation against YOU.

Sharap. Wolf in sheep clothing.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
LordHaveMercy:

Sharap. Wolf in sheep clothing.
LordHavemercy, you can help to show the allegation instead of this unguided and unguarded comment. Are you a christian BTW?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Behold an explanation of tithe that Pastors will not have you see. Ask a bible teacher to explain it to you if they can. This is the practice Malachi was trying to remind Israelites of in Mal 3:8-11

Deut 14:22-29
'Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. [23] And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, [27] And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. [28] At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Behold a preaching on tithes by a much beloved and respected pastor. It proves unequivocally that tithe is of the law laid down in Deut 14:22-29. Any assertion to the contrary is outright dishonesty and calculated to misleading innocent and naive Christians.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/9#8071513

The Giving That Stands You Out – Thursday April 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet (Acts 4:36-37).

It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a robber: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8 ).

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

So, beyond your tithes and giving your offerings, which are compulsory for every believer, you have to go the extra mile by getting financially involved in the spread of the Gospel. This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.”

Remember it’s in your interest and in your favour when you give to the Lord, for He has promised great returns and mighty harvest of blessings for the giver. So be sure to be counted among those who give financially towards the things of God. In our Ministry, we have several platforms through which we reach millions of souls around the world every day with the Gospel. Locate such opportunities and participate big-time. That’s how to get relevant in the Kingdom and make your life count.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the available opportunities I have to give towards the work of the Kingdom today, realizing that they’ve been put in place for me to make my relevance and impact in world evangelism felt through my giving. Thank you Lord, for continuously increasing my capacity to give, in Jesus’ Name. Amen,

Further Study
Luke 8:2-3
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 11:14-36
Reading plan Judges 3-4

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:55-66
Reading Plan Leviticus 7

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
----------------------------------------------------

Be not deceived. Start reading your bibles.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by debosky(m): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2013
Image123: i think it better to ignore this, as i know my NL folks. They do not discuss objectively but prefer personal attacks. the next thing now is for them to go and look for something 'terrible' that the man did or said to fight any truth he might have said. Its the illness of attacking the messenger instead of the message.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by your response here. Who attacked the messenger? It is simply incontrovertible evidence that shows that the claims of many about ‘tithing like Abram’ is simply false. This is evidence of a large church and how it teaches tithing.

i think you guys are missing it. You cannot exempt people from quoting scriptures or teaching or exhorting from scriptures, any part. ALL Scripture is given by divine inspiration including Malachi 3v9,10 and is PROFITABLE for doctrine, instruction etc. A preacher can preach from any portion of the Bible. You cannot just say "Oh, he's quoting Haggai or Esther or Leviticus, he is living under the law". There are profitable things to learn from every part of the Bible. Here on NL, we are answering based on questions, which context is different from general teaching or exhortation.

Again I am disappointed. No one is saying you can’t use Malachi to teach - it is how you use it to teach that matters here. All scripture is profitable for doctrine yes - but does that mean you can twist scripture any way you want simply because it can be used for doctrine?

We say we give/pay tithes, antitithers say tithe is from the law. The obvious answer that tithe was before the law. However, there are lessons we can learn and even practices we can emulate from any portion of the Bible, with considerations to the perspective of God and of His Son Jesus.

No it wasn’t anti-tithers that said it was from the law - in this example it was Pastor Chris - he taught that it was compulsory, and calls those that don’t robbers. Is that a case of ‘lessons we can learn’ or ‘practises we can emulate’ or plain and simply calling those who don’t tithe robbers? Again I am disappointed.

You would rather avoid addressing the issues here under the vacuous claim that people will go into personal attacks. Is ‘protecting’ the messenger from ‘attacks’ more important than speaking the truth?

Each teacher or pastor teaches according to the understanding or light that he has. It is okay for Oyakhilome to instruct his members/followers in line with what God has revealed to him from scriptures. It is God that can judge him on that, not man. i do not agree with everything he has said, but i could very well say that for any man. Even husband and wife, siblings do not agree with everything the other person has to say on a particular issue. But does that make him a thief or a fake or any of the other derogatory names that antitithers like to call us?

Enough of your equivocation - Pastor Chris calls those who don’t tithe robbers. It wasn’t anti-tithers who made that claim. Who is calling who derogatory names then? To say it is simply a case of you don’t agree with any man on everything is a laughable excuse - this isn’t some general discussion on whether we agree with each other on everything - it is a specific discussion about tithe.

What is your stand on the commentary by Pastor Chris? Do you agree non-tithers are robbers or not?

Oyakhilome said this also, do you agree with it? "This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.

So it is okay to reference the aspects you agree with but leave out the bone of contention itself - the aspect talking about tithe? Why even bother responding at all? You might as well avoid all tithe discussions if you choose not to engage with the subject of discussion.

You can see that these pastors are not claiming that tithing is the fix it all. There is an 'extra mile'. Tithing you ought to do, but not leave the other undone as it were. All in all, i'd rather we deal personally and with the Bible in our hands than making reference to an individual's church or pastor.

The central issue here is not the fix it all aspect - it is whether it is required/compulsory, and it means for those who don’t tithe. Your attempts to make every response here about ‘fix it all’ is not helpful at all and appears to be an attempt to move away from what the subject matter of this thread.

This thread is talking about how people are being deceived by wrong teaching of Malachi - no one (as far as I know) has said Malachi should be removed from the bible or not taught from - the issue is, as always, understanding the teaching in context. No amount of claiming scripture is profitable for doctrine will ever justify twisted teaching.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
debosky: No amount of claiming scripture is profitable for doctrine will ever justify twisted teaching.

Amen, Debosky!

The proper teaching from Malachi 3 should be that Malachi was referring to a tithe of crops and livestock... not money.
The proper teaching from Malachi 3 should be that the curse associated with not tithing was locusts and withholding of rain.
The proper teaching from Malachi 3 should be that the blessings associated with tithing was rain from heaven and withholding the locust from eating the crops... bringing about a bountiful harvest... not more money, better job, good health, close-knit family, etc..
The proper teaching from Malachi 3 is that it was written to Israel, not to the Church. The Church was not robbing God... the Priests of Israel were.

Chris Oyakhilome clearly distorts the proper teaching of Malachi 3, turning the rebuke and exhortation into something that God never said.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Amen, Debosky!

The proper teaching from Malachi 3 should be that Malachi was referring to a tithe of crops and livestock... not money.
The proper teaching from Malachi 3 should be that the curse associated with not tithing was locusts and withholding of rain.
The proper teaching from Malachi 3 should be that the blessings associated with tithing was rain from heaven and withholding the locust from eating the crops... bringing about a bountiful harvest... not more money, better job, good health, close-knit family, etc..
The proper teaching from Malachi 3 is that it was written to Israel, not to the Church. The Church was not robbing God... the Priests of Israel were.

Chris Oyakhilome clearly distorts the proper teaching of Malachi 3, turning the rebuke and exhortation into something that God never said.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

This is akin to putting a gun in your own mouth and shooting it. We should be quoting Isaiah 8:20 to you, not the other way round. It seems scriptures do not speak or apply to you, you just use them as a tool to make points and win arguments. You obviously are not for the law, are you? The other day, you said you do not obey any of them, now you are telling us "to the law". Do you speak according to the law? Do you live according to the law?
The Scriptures remain the Word of God written to us all, not just to Israel. Remove not from His Words lest you be found a liar yet again. The blessings of God are not limited to farmers,neither are His chastisements. This is so kindergaten i thought one had to be blind not to see it. Its like saying 'Give us our daily bread' only refers to bread and nothing else, or that sowing and reaping only refers to crops.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Lekewatt(m): 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Make all of una sharrap jor. U are not compelled 2 pay ur tithe. U only do so because u are either brought up dt way or ur guts tells u 2. Wat's da fuss?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Lekewatt: Make all of una sharrap jor. U are not compelled 2 pay ur tithe. U only do so because u are either brought up dt way or ur guts tells u 2. Wat's da fuss?

..... Or your pastor threatens you with this line. "You rob God if you don't pay your tithe!!, Robbers go to hell!!!, You are a robber therefore you are going to hell!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
debosky:

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by your response here. Who attacked the messenger? It is simply incontrovertible evidence that shows that the claims of many about ‘tithing like Abram’ is simply false. This is evidence of a large church and how it teaches tithing.
Folks were largely disappointed with Jesus, they did not understand Him. You should re-read what i wrote. i didn't say that anyone was attacking the messenger. i was being general about what people will do after i responded to the quote. Enigma made the same mistake anyway(when he said i was making allegations), no problems. The quoted devotional shows almost nothing. The man quoted many scriptures, and tithing was not even his main point or issue. People can teach from any scriptures. A preacher can teach about righteousness from Daniel. that doesn't mean that the preacher's righteousness is based on the law since Daniel lived in that age. One can teach almost anything from the Psalms, it is also an Old Testament book. That someone references to tithe and quotes Malachi or any other scripture does not automatically prove that such a person is under the law. Jesus taught people about Himself from OT scriptures AFTER resurrection. Many folks would have told Him that He was twisting and manipulating scriptures.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Again I am disappointed. No one is saying you can’t use Malachi to teach - it is how you use it to teach that matters here. All scripture is profitable for doctrine yes - but does that mean you can twist scripture any way you want simply because it can be used for doctrine?
How should it be used to teach, and how was it used?

No it wasn’t anti-tithers that said it was from the law - in this example it was Pastor Chris - he taught that it was compulsory, and calls those that don’t robbers. Is that a case of ‘lessons we can learn’ or ‘practises we can emulate’ or plain and simply calling those who don’t tithe robbers? Again I am disappointed.
The man said nothing about the law. Again, you ought to have read that i stated that i do not agree with everything he said. i'll leave that at that. You know what i teach.

You would rather avoid addressing the issues here under the vacuous claim that people will go into personal attacks. Is ‘protecting’ the messenger from ‘attacks’ more important than speaking the truth?
The issues in the article/devotional are that Pastor Chris is talking about a giving that he says is more important than the tithe. A giving that is expected to stand one out. He, like Oyedepo has shown that tithing is not a fix it all,contrary to what some antitithers have been feeding us. What other issues do you want addressed? You are here and i am here. pastor Chris is not here. Why discuss him and whatever he has to say? Is he the issue here? i'm not protecting him, just not interested in discussing him. Even Jo knows i'm not that shy, Enigma should as well. i'd rather discuss what the Bible says than what so and so said, especially when so and so is not available to explain or defend himself.

Enough of your equivocation - Pastor Chris calls those who don’t tithe robbers. It wasn’t anti-tithers who made that claim. Who is calling who derogatory names then? To say it is simply a case of you don’t agree with any man on everything is a laughable excuse - this isn’t some general discussion on whether we agree with each other on everything - it is a specific discussion about tithe.

What is your stand on the commentary by Pastor Chris? Do you agree non-tithers are robbers or not?
i was specific enough to state that i do not agree with everything pastor Chris said in that article. its not equivocation or a laughable excuse, it is a fact that applies to all. Antitithers have called specific people on this forum derogatory names, no? What is it is not antitithers that make some claim? You do not read the likes of Kunle, chrisembarassey, his drumboy friend and co? Have you seen them insulting the likes of oyedepo and co? Have you ever read them abuse other forum members?
i believe that if anyone does not give God everything, not just a tenth, he or she is a robber. that is, if you givejust 10%, you are a robber. If you give just 95%, you are a robber. the revelation i have is that God owns it all, so keeping any from Him is robbery. But i do not go about teaching that. i'm not the Judge, neither was i told to teach that. There are things one may know or have light on and never teach. Scriptures talk of speaking to a particular people as unto babes. there were somethings Paul never told them. it was bigger than they could here. It would not edify them but perhaps condemn them. Hebrews talks of wanting to give meat but not being able. You know what i teach on the issue of tithes, [s]there is no point trying to get me to make enmies with pastor Chris na[/s].

So it is okay to reference the aspects you agree with but leave out the bone of contention itself - the aspect talking about tithe? Why even bother responding at all? You might as well avoid all tithe discussions if you choose not to engage with the subject of discussion.
i thought the whole quote from pastor Chris was the subject of discussion. We were encouraged to shove it in people's faces or something like that. Allow me to shove it oh. So you agree with this part too ba? This was what i was saying, this was the subject of discussion between myself, zikky and candour. i was telling them that tithe was not always preached as a fix it all, and they were trying to ridicule oyedepo, then Enigma brought this from Pastor Chris.

The central issue here is not the fix it all aspect - it is whether it is required/compulsory, and it means for those who don’t tithe. Your attempts to make every response here about ‘fix it all’ is not helpful at all and appears to be an attempt to move away from what the subject matter of this thread.

This thread is talking about how people are being deceived by wrong teaching of Malachi - no one (as far as I know) has said Malachi should be removed from the bible or not taught from - the issue is, as always, understanding the teaching in context. No amount of claiming scripture is profitable for doctrine will ever justify twisted teaching.
The subject matter of the thread has been long addressed, kindly read the OP again. He was going on about how devourer is insect and tithe is crops etc. that has long been settled. Many people have told us that Malachi is not for us but for priests or for Israel jews. i have answered the thread based on the posts and questions on ground. You already know what i have to say on giving of tithes.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by debosky(m): 10:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Image123: You should re-read what i wrote. i didn't say that anyone was attacking the messenger. i was being general about what people will do after i responded to the quote. Enigma made the same mistake anyway(when he said i was making allegations), no problems.

Okay, so people will attack the messenger after your quote? Is that what you were trying to say?

The quoted devotional shows almost nothing. The man quoted many scriptures, and tithing was not even his main point or issue. People can teach from any scriptures. A preacher can teach about righteousness from Daniel. that doesn't mean that the preacher's righteousness is based on the law since Daniel lived in that age. That someone references to tithe and quotes Malachi or any other scripture does not automatically prove that such a person is under the law. Jesus taught people about Himself from OT scriptures AFTER resurrection. Many folks would have told Him that He was twisting and manipulating scriptures.

Really? So calling those that don’t tithe robbers is now ‘almost nothing’ in your book? In a moment you’ll be complaining about others insulting and calling you names? Say it ain’t so. sad

No one said he can’t teach from any scripture - it is ensuring that such teaching remains in context and not twisted that matters. If you teach that those that don’t tithe today are robbers, you ARE teaching according to the law because it is the law that mandates tithing. I don’t need you to quote Timothy to me - the issue here as I said earlier has never been whether it is wrong or right to teach from Malachi.

Are we now to equate Chris’ teachings with what Christ did after resurrection? Such comparisons are not helpful here.

How should it be used to teach, and how was it used?

Without being overly prescriptive, I’ll dwell more on how it should not be used - it should not be twisted out of context simply to further one’s own agenda. Teaching Malachi mandating tithing as a requirement for Christians, with those not tithing described as robbers is a clear example of twisting the scripture.

The man said nothing about the law. Again, you ought to have read that i stated that i do not agree with everything he said. i'll leave that at that. You know what i teach.

What is Malachi 3:10 based on except the law? Or does he have to say ‘the law’ before it is obvious what he is talking about? Where is it stated that the Tithe is the Lord’s that gives weight to Malachi’s statement that those that don’t tithe are robbers? Is it not in the law?

The issues in the article/devotional are that Pastor Chris is talking about a giving that he says is more important than the tithe. A giving that is expected to stand one out. He, like Oyedepo has shown that tithing is not a fix it all,contrary to what some antitithers have been feeding us. What other issues do you want addressed? You are here and i am here. pastor Chris is not here. Why discuss him and whatever he has to say? Is he the issue here? i'm not protecting him, just not interested in discussing him. Even Jo knows i'm not that shy, Enigma should as well. i'd rather discuss what the Bible says than what so and so said, especially when so and so is not available to explain or defend himself.

If you’re not interested in ‘protecting’ him, then don’t mislead people by making statements like he isn't talking about the law when he is blatantly doing so. Such statements create a different impression from what you earlier stated and may be read to imply that you endorse what he has said.

i was specific enough to state that i do not agree with everything pastor Chris said in that article. its not equivocation or a laughable excuse, it is a fact that applies to all.

Sir it is equivocation - in a discussion such as this, you should be able to state what you agree with AND what you disagree with - after all you took time to show what you agree with didn’t you? You would have rather stopped at your first line of not commenting at all, than selective commenting that you did.

i believe that if anyone does not give God everything, not just a tenth, he or she is a robber. that is, if you givejust 10%, you are a robber. If you give just 95%, you are a robber. the revelation i have is that God owns it all, so keeping any from Him is robbery. But i do not go about teaching that. i'm not the Judge, neither was i told to teach that. There are things one may know or have light on and never teach. Scriptures talk of speaking to a particular people as unto babes. there were somethings Paul never told them. it was bigger than they could here. It would not edify them but perhaps condemn them. Hebrews talks of wanting to give meat but not being able.

Sir you know I have nothing against personal conviction and each growing in the knowledge of what Christ wants him/her to do. However Chris is not teaching personal conviction here, he is teaching scripture. That is the issue here.

You know what i teach on the issue of tithes, [s]there is no point trying to get me to make enmies with pastor Chris na[/s]

I have no such desire, I am just not comfortable with your middle ground approach - it doesn’t work in this case. If you don’t want to discuss him, stick with that. -Starting to discuss his comments and then stopping halfway is another matter entirely.

i thought the whole quote from pastor Chris was the subject of discussion. We were encouraged to shove it in people's faces or something like that. Allow me to shove it oh. So you agree with this part too ba? This was what i was saying, this was the subject of discussion between myself, zikky and candour. i was telling them that tithe was not always preached as a fix it all, and they were trying to ridicule oyedepo, then Enigma brought this from Pastor Chris.

If that is the context of your response then fine. However, you are straying from that when you begin to say things like he didn’t talk about the law, and so on.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
Okay
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by adebayo201: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
Una still dey unto this matter?!
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zikkyy:

so you are now Rockefeller the second, how come we don't know you?
u dn't ve to knw me, take it or leave it.. Tithe works, if u dn't want to adhere to covenant practice' dnt, if u want to then obey. Bt i tell you this the secret for lasting wealth(generational) is tithing.. How i wish u read the right books.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
Uche ernest: u dn't ve to knw me, take it or leave it.. Tithe works, if u dn't want to adhere to covenant practice' dnt, if u want to then obey. Bt i tell you this the secret for lasting wealth(generational) is tithing.. How i wish u read the right books.
Covenant practice?

Where in the Bible does it say that tithing of money is a "Covenant practice"?

The only time tithing is done under a "covenant" in the Bible is in the Old Testament. That "tithe" was of crops and livestock... not money.

God's "covenant with Abram was not until AFTER Abram's tithe to Melchizedek, not before. His tithe was not part of a "covenant."

I suggest that you are the one who needs to "read the right books" to get a better understanding of tithes, not Zikky.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2013
Uche ernest: u dn't ve to knw me, take it or leave it.. Tithe works, if u dn't want to adhere to covenant practice' dnt, if u want to then obey. Bt i tell you this the secret for lasting wealth(generational) is tithing.. How i wish u read the right books.
what is covenant practice? Them don over brainwashed you, bros a christian is NOT IN A COVENANT, A CHRISTIAN RATHER IS THE BENEFICIARY OF THE COVENANT OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS. He doesn't have to pay God tithe or anything, God is not d nigerian govt who must collect bribe from us to give employment, admission in school, good roads, hospitals etc. God is nt a trader as ur pastor will av you believe, emancipate urself from this slavery by opening ur bible n study independent or d fraudster we called pastors.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
christemmbassey: If don't pay tithe, i'll go to hell? I never heard anything MORE FOOLISH than this, u tin say i b ya church member? Bros, u dnn miss road big time.
He is the most foolish of them all.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Covenant practice?

Where in the Bible does it say that tithing of money is a "Covenant practice"?

The only time tithing is done under a "covenant" in the Bible is in the Old Testament. That "tithe" was of crops and livestock... not money.

God's "covenant with Abram was not until AFTER Abram's tithe to Melchizedek, not before. His tithe was not part of a "covenant."

I suggest that you are the one who needs to "read the right books" to get a better understanding of tithes, not Zikky.
bros, no long thing... I would stick to it, cos it works for me...... I wil let u save face.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.