Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves (17785 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by donphilopus: 1:38am On Oct 11, 2013
The National Youth Service Corps on Thursday organised a passing out ceremony for the 2012 Batch C NYSC members across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory with some governors advising them to deploy their energies towards nation building. They also advised them to create jobs for themselves.

In Akwa Ibom State, the governor, Mr. Godswill Akpabio, advised them to continue serving the nation in whatever sector of the economy they find themselves.

Speaking through the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Mr. Ita Umo, during the passing out ceremony in Uyo on Thursday, the governor urged the youth corps members to develop positive attitude towards the country.

He said, “Let me advise you that the task of nation building does not end with your one year mandatory service. As you step out of the scheme and Akwa Ibom State today, you need to be reminded to always have positive attitude towards Nigeria, by aspiring to lift our nation high as inscribed in the NYSC anthem.

The governor advised the outgoing 2,893 corps members in the state to embrace self-employment.

Also, Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, urged the corps members to deploy their creative thinking into how to create jobs for themselves rather than roaming the streets in search of paid jobs.

Aregbesola said this at the NYSC Orientation Camp in Ede, Osun State on Thursday at the passing out ceremony of 2012 Batch C corps members deployed into the state.

He said, “ It is imperative to stress that gone are the days to expect that immediately after service, one would secure an automatic life-time job even among several alternatives. The attitude and orientation of majority of our young graduates was that creative thinking and individual initiative ended when they wrote their final examination.

“This is absolutely wrong. You need to apply creativity more now in the face of unemployment bedeviling the nation. Focus more on self employment.”

Also, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, advised the outgoing corps members to train themselves to become self-reliant in order to assist government to tackle the problem of unemployment.

Amaechi, who gave this advice on Thursday while addressing the 2012 Batch ‘C’ corps members at the passing-out of 3,431 corps members in Port Harcourt, said that white collar jobs were no longer available for employable Nigerians.

“As you are now faced with the task of seeking gainful employment, I advise you to nurture and apply yourselves to the practical lessons of self-employment, which you were exposed to in the course of your service year, through the skills acquisition and entrepreneurial development programme, as white collar jobs are no longer available for all employable Nigerians as in the past.

“I therefore urge you to be self-reliant so as to assist the government in fighting the rising rate of unemployment in our society,” Amaechi said.

However Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State urged them to make the necessary sacrifice required to achieve success in their chosen careers.

The governor said this on Thursday, at their passing-out ceremony in Enugu.

He said, “Some of you may be rightly apprehensive of what tomorrow holds for you. I want to assure you that it is bright. As educated young men and women with requisite skills, the sky is your limit.

“However, you must recognise that the road to success has never been easy. History has shown that no individual or nation has ever achieved success without sacrifices.”

He said that through their education and participation in the NYSC scheme, they had been equipped for survival in a competitive world.

Also, Governor Mukhtar Yero of Kaduna State commended the outgoing corps members for their contributions in tackling developmental challenges in the country.

Yero gave the commendation on Thursday at the passing out parade of 2012 ‘’ batch C ‘’ Corps members in Kaduna.

Represented by his deputy, Nuhu Bajoga, the governor noted that the scheme had impacted positively on the lives of the people, especially in the rural areas.

However, in Gombe State, Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo offered automatic employment to 13 NYSC members who distinguished themselves in the service year.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the appointment included the 12 state merit awardees and the parade commander of the passing out parade ceremony.

The governor also announced N20,000 transport fares to each of the 720 youths, N500,000 to the overall best corps member and N1m to the soldiers that conducted the passing out parade ceremony.

HERE IS THE SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Rejoice5000(f): 5:05am On Oct 11, 2013
well said ooooo cos if u all wait on government hmmmmmmmmmmmm ITS WELL OOOO UNA GO WAIT TIRE

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by wirinet(m): 6:47am On Oct 11, 2013
If the citizens are to create jobs themselves, create power themselves, create water themselves, create hospitals themselves, create schools themselves, create security themselves, and so on, then why do we need government at all.

116 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by donphilopus: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2013
wirinet: If the citizens are to create jobs themselves, create power themselves, create water themselves, create hospitals themselves, create schools themselves, create security themselves, and so on, then why do we need government at all.
Gbam

9 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Tolexander: 7:15am On Oct 11, 2013
wirinet: If the citizens are to create jobs themselves, create power themselves, create water themselves, create hospitals themselves, create schools themselves, create security themselves, and so on, then why do we need government at all.
to chop our money!

9 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by donphilopus: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2013
Tolexander: to chop our money!
Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2013
Yes o. I've already done that by opening a secondary and primary school. I hope the education ministry will not close them down due to lack of necessary facilities. I hope to equip them with time. I passed out in june though

5 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by donphilopus: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: Yes o. I've already done that by opening a secondary and primary school. I hope the education ministry will not close them down due to lack of necessary facilities. I hope to equip them with time. I passed out in june though
Lolz @ Bolded
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2013
donphilopus: Lolz @ Bolded
yes ke. The govt needs to give us time to stabilise. Getting approval from the ministry and equipping the school is not a day's job

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by frankpessu(m): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Its true na
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by donphilopus: 9:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: yes ke. The govt needs to give us time to stabilise. Getting approval from the ministry and equipping the school is not a day's job
Exactly Sha

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by pri3stess(f): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
So what's the point of having a government if this is the kind of rubbish that they will be telling us?

3 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by nerodenero: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
I think Nigeria is probably the hardest country to live and survive. If you live and survive here, you would probably do well and comfortable in any part of the world. Can you imagine what an average Nigeria create for himselfWe create power-no thanks to PHCN, and drill boreholes for water supply,pay hospital bills for virtually all illnesses, school fees nko,telecommunication(mtn will never give anything free) nko, just to mention a few. Nothing is free in this country!!!

8 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by cycline404(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Then this is the sign that the Government has left the citizens on there own

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by taiocol: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
ok Gov. Corp members create it urself nd we share the money ourself
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by picoba(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2013

We should create job like

Kidnapping
Militancy
oil bunkering and,
terrorism

6 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by braine(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
nerodenero: I think Nigeria is probably the hardest country to live and survive. If you live and survive here, you would probably do well and comfortable in any part of the world. Can you imagine what an average Nigeria create for himselfWe create power-no thanks to PHCN, and drill boreholes for water supply,pay hospital bills for virtually all illnesses, school fees nko,telecommunication(mtn will never give anything free) nko, just to mention a few. Nothing is free in this country!!!

Nothing is free in any other part of the world either•

3 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by bufness(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Y do I fyl I'll mk 1st 2 comment 2day
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by snika: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
He's telling them the truth. Don't expect work to fall from the skies.

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by omonla555: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bastard, to create jobs from our stolen wealth?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Mubby4luv(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Another reason why e good make ur papa hold side.
All those ppl Wey natural hustling power dey low battery. e done red
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by pelhurmy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
... With what capital?

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by timpaker(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
If they had created jobs for themselves would they be Governors now?

6 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by jonescyras(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
A bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by awofe20(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
braine:

Nothing is free in any other part of the world either•
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Wizdray: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ofcourse we all know that. Anybody waiting for government job g0nna stay long in labour market. Garri dey sha
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by RealAlfranco: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Moral of da speech: the government is not for da people anymore!!!

3 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by donchrisk(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
U get am dats mean we dont need the govt. Period
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by agrovick(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
A
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by lincolnj88: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
Govt dey chop money ASUU dey chop earned allowance....then make we d helpless children hustle to survive as if we are in d animal kingdon......guys its time for revolution in dis country.....our elders hAs failed us in all aspect of life and govt....I could remember my friend uncle telling her to not marry a boy frm d north just becos of tribal difference ......its time to take this bulls by d horn, our elderstate men are nothinh but tribal and religion fanatics who cteate hates among d poor young nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by dridowu: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu To Arrive In Lagos Tuesday For Sallah / Okorocha's Aide Arrested For Nkiru's Kidnap / Gov. Ameachi & Patience Jonathan In 2010 ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.