Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:47 AM

Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves (17889 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Eight PDP Governors To Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
Create job for ur self! Dats good news. But one question? Will he advice his own children to create job for their selves?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by alotofgrace(m): 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
as if he got to that position by himself angry
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by alcuin(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
wirinet: If the citizens are to create jobs themselves, create power themselves, create water themselves, create hospitals themselves, create schools themselves, create security themselves, and so on, then why do we need government at all.

Bros, na question u ask so oh...
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by spacechuks(m): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
It is painful that we don't have rebel leaders in this country like prince johnson of Liberia who killed president samuel Doe

The youth should carve out biz for themselves,have the govt created a favourable environment that will make biz strife.

Phcn is out to fustrate ppls biz every now and then, and gues what,they come and bring crazy bills at month end;most biz has folded up bc they could not cope with the high phcn bills couple with high deisel or petrol cost especially for biz that deal with perishable goods,services that require constant light etc

Is it bad roads that has inflated travelling cost and overhead on goods purchase from source of of raw materials,infact let me stop here cos areas the govt has failed are numerous

Biz are grappling with high operational cost and production cost bc of inefficiency and corruption from the government.

The good news is that God is not asleep,inasmuch as we keep loving this country and praying for this country,God will depose these sets of bad leaders we have and liberate this generation from the hands of these wicked and occultic leaders...that's ♍Ɣ submission
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by jamesben91(m): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Creating a job for one's self is a very good thing but its is not good when the government says that to her citizens. If these governors had children that also passed out, will they ask them to go create jobs for themselves or will they help them create jobs for themselves?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by igwechosen(m): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
just in the centre line....
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by wirinet(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Aromas:

Why did you think negative, u take head nack ground during your day's in primary school? Most of the outstanding countries we are all shouting their names today are mostly on creativity. Someone like you we graduate and still be expecting your parent to give you pocket money

What are you talking about? I hope you are not one of those who obtained a master's or doctorate degree from our university without getting educated. What are you talking about? creativity can never be gotten in isolation. pre-requisites for creativity includes good education, good health, good nutrition stable and conducive environment and security. It is impossible to be creative when so much energy is being expended on basic survival activities.
Then creativity on it own does not lead to success, the creative ideas has to be Commercialized to make any money. Believe me there are so many creative people who are commercal failures.

Now back to the topic. It is an abomination for an elected government official to tell the people that elected himm into office to create job themselves. If such advice was coming from Dangote or Adenuga, I would appreciate the advice, but not from someone whose prime responsibily is to ensure the welfare of the people that elected him.

why did the Governors not create job for himself instead of begging the people to elected him into a government office. Or he should have told the electorate that he had no business creating jobs for them during his campaign for office.

2 Likes

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by moststylish(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
wirinet: If the citizens are to create jobs themselves, create power themselves, create water themselves, create hospitals themselves, create schools themselves, create security themselves, and so on, then why do we need government at all.
i just tire
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2013

As if the govt created anything? No steady power to start with.Nonsense politicians!
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by wirinet(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
hopilo:
Private sector anywhere in the world create 80% of jobs, govt.20% the advise is good, they should go and be among the 80% job creators. However I blame govt. in one area, and that is inability to make funds available as loan facilities with single digit intrest. The corp members might have brilliant ideas to be job creators but facility not found. That is what the bank of industry should be doing.

It pains me to have to lecture nigerian graduates ( or undergraduates on basic macro economics).
In any economy Government is the prime driver of the economy and is in fact the biggest spender. Govenment activities and policies leads to Job creation and Job growth. When we say it is the responsibility of governments to create jobs, we do not mean that govenment should hire all its citizens. What it means is that govenment should ensure policies that will result in job growth. Be it interest rates, import and export policies, tax incentives, govenment patronage, cheap capital , infrastructural incentives, like power, roads, rail, water and most important of all good legal system. A prime destroyer of businesses in Nigeria is our corrupt and inefficient legal system where it is difficult settling simple business disagreements such a debts. I know many companies that had closd down as a result of bad debts.

In the US and Europe, the government gives figures of job growth and unemployment figures every month and here a governors is abdicating his responsibility to create jobs.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by nairaman66(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2013

Sorry you forgot to add good roads jwo! Eediotic speech by a cow in a human form.. If he had created a job for himself I am sure he will be selling pure water at Alaba..
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by charosky(f): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
braine:

Nothing is free in any other part of the world either•
even in free town!!
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Then i think we can open a new trend on 'how Nigerians can create a government for themselves'.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by plodds: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sounds like what most lazy or thieving leaders would say... Dey won't invest in power or any infrastructure, taxes are rooftop high and overlapping, no need goin 2 d banks 4loans, no tax incentive 4 small biz, there's lawlessnes everywhere u turn n yet dey want us 2 create jobs from thin air... Make dem park well o cos me I dey para here

Goes back 2 viewing fashion...
http://www.vitalemeg.com/abubakar-amina-inikpi/ check dis out guys
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by eluquenson(m): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Job opening available here... cheesy

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
The governor is saying the truth but the youths won't listen.

A lot of us want the government to create jobs but those working in government agencies and organisation do nothing but lazy around and loot the remaining fund left by politicians.

Google, Microsoft, IBM, Unilever, Chevron,CNN and so many more are organisations owned by individuals not the government. These companies employ thousands across the world and their profits are enjoyed by their company's country origin.

Why can't we think how we can exceed such organisations.

I believe unless you come from the three major oil producing states; Delta, Rivers or Bayelsa, you have no reason expecting anything from Nigeria when you haven't contributed anything to her.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Sike(m): 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
What kinda Job exactly?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by biafranqueen: 12:23am On Oct 12, 2013
lorretta u: I've created my own job.
Pls nairalanders come and buy angry
BEAUTIFUL do you have an online store?
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by cycluse: 12:36am On Oct 12, 2013
Stupid Government are ur children creating job for there self,
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by hopilo: 12:45am On Oct 12, 2013
lorretta u: I've created my own job.
Pls nairalanders come and buy angry
How much be the price for first pics

1 Like

Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by angryninja: 1:04am On Oct 12, 2013
HOW CAN PEOPLE CREATE JOBS FOR THEMSELVES WITHOUT FUNDING, WITHOUT CURRENCY.

THIS IS IDIOCY.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by angryninja: 1:09am On Oct 12, 2013

It isn't necessarily the Government's job to create all these things. Services, infrastructure like power, hospitals, state schools must be funded by the Government (of course, employing people/creating jobs in the process). Most things beyond these basic facilities need to be done by the will of the people - but there has to be a way to get currency/funding. Paper money just doesn't appear out of thin air when a person turns 16. If you are not fortunate enough to be born to rich parents and jobs have not been created, how do you cope? The Government must find a way (via the banking system) to fund industrious citizens. This is how a society thrives and prospers.

Waiting for the Govt. to just hand you money for no reason other than being a human being is not going to happen. People need funding and people need to prove they deserve it.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by angryninja: 1:17am On Oct 12, 2013
danny301: That's a very good advice... No government in the world can adequately provide direct jobs for all her citizens... All our leaders need to do, is provide enabling environment for young entrepreneurs and let our universities should be up-graded to be able to produce graduates that are skillfully and intellectually prepared to survive on their own.

Indeed.

Adesola111:
....click like if you know GOD will take control of nigeria by HIMSELF

People who think like you are THE PROBLEM in Nigeria, much more than bad Governors. Insane unthinking religious imbeciles.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by tayo4ng(m): 1:29am On Oct 12, 2013
How many jobs has their own sons and daughter crate.
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by unmask: 1:43am On Oct 12, 2013
Isn't it funny that the same set of people that obviously lived in better times and still didn't create anything for themselves but held on to government's largesse are the same ones telling youths in harsher times with less education and skills to start up a business

Well not everyone is cut out for business..... You can lead the horse to the stream but you can't..........
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Omokowa(m): 4:03am On Oct 12, 2013
May God help us
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by Pasca07: 4:15am On Oct 12, 2013
The truth is dat,the only people they appreciate are political thugs,militants and boko haram if u don't belong to dis group you need God intervention to make it in naija
Re: Governors To Corpers - Create Jobs For Yourselves by crackhouse(m): 5:09am On Oct 12, 2013
everybody is saying create job for yourself, with which money if I may ask?. when I did my service, we were told that govt gives #250 to interested outgoing corp members to create job for themselves and I applied for that but didn't get it and nobody was given that money among us. And now these people are here talking trash. it is only the Gombe state governor that merge words with action and I really thank him for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Election: A Physically Challenged Man Casting His Vote (Photo) / Prophet Muyideen Kasali: Atiku, Try Running For Presidency One More Time / Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.