Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (15841 Views)

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
edi287:
Okwuosa and Egwuekwe are yet to show me why Keshi picks them over Yobo. Victor Moses, Emenike, Onazi and mikel are the only thing Bailing him out, not Mba or any of these home based players like he's trying to make us believe.
we are champions 2day is because of SUNDAY MBA, thou I believe he is on "borrowed time"

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
dele-paul:
Onazi is playing as a defensive midfielder, Mikel is playing as a center midfielder..we need a fantastic attacking midfielder with good first touches (sunday Mba don't have) and can use both legs (John Ogu don't have) to fill dt position. The Haruna Lukman and Rabiu Ibrahim of 2007 are great for dt position (u choose either of dm).
you can play them in your FIFA14

3 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
isuomo: You guys are just bloody liars, which indiscipline? pray tell me!! Keshi has decided to freeze out the Yoruba players from the team but nobody wants to say it loud for fear of being labeled a tribalist, Aluko, Gbenga Arokoyo, Dele Adeleye, Haruna, Martins, Taiwo(because he is still playing week in week out) these players can only enrich any national team not diminish it but Keshi a full blooded Igboman has carried his hatred for the Yorubas into football and that is why some of us don't give a two hoots what happens to the Biafran national team masquerading as Eagles of Nigeria.
if I was not a child of God now, I would have called you a cow. But seriously do we want to see the national team excel or we just want to see our "brother" play? "Aluko, Gbenga Arokoyo, Dele Adeleye, Haruna, Martins, Taiwo" they are just not Good enough for Keshi, wait till Keshi fails then your Father or Uncle can take over.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Zikdik(m): 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna Lukman
Joel Obi(dude is a great,great guy)
Chrisantus(can't remember his full name now)
Vansekin(name eludes me as well,he is a goal keeper,great guy too).
Stanley Okoro(now this dude blew everyone away at the Under-17 world cup hosted by Naija in 2009,little Messi),e.t.c
Question is,where are all this guys?
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.

Sarcasm, obviously.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
mikeansy: one thing I like about this team is the way they hound opponents down to get the ball without committing silly fouls. We have a real team, Nigerians need to support the team. if Keshi fails to qualify us to Brazil or we put up a disgraceful show at Brazil please by all means sack him. But while he is on the job I will continue to back him and his team even though they all come from Illa
Exactly! Don't give someone a job and tell him how to do it, Keshi is the head coach, Let him do his job, fire! Him when he fails
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Zikdik: Haruna Lukman
Joel Obi(dude is a great,great guy)
Chrisantus(can't remember his full name now)
Vansekin(name eludes me as well,he is a goal keeper,great guy too).
Stanley Okoro(now this dude blew everyone away at the Under-17 world cup hosted by Naija in 2009,little Messi),e.t.c
Question is,where are all this guys?

You obviously don't follow Nigerian football players. Haruna still doing fine, Joel Obi, injury has not helped, others fizzled out because they shone in age grade tournaments against European children.

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by usmolad(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.
are u serious

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
mikeansy:

God knows that we have a wonderful Goal Keeper

me think if we cant even find a Defender Fegor Ogude or Gabriel Rueben should be used in Center Back

the team plays passing game from the back but Azubuike Egwuekwe is usually scared to pass from the back. He tends to baloom the ball upfield all the time

Great analysis you've been doing here my friend (Soludo brother lol). All your comments on this thread are spot on.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
striker9: Haruna ko,Musiliu ni.I prefer Rabiu Ibrahim to him,but he has not been playing first team football regularly.Its up to Keshi,we ve got a great team though.

Some people sef. I wonder how nigerians judge players by matches played 5 years ago, without recourse to what has happened since then.

On what ground will anyone rate Rabiu , that has moved from 5 clubs in the last 5 years without securing shirt in any, ahead of Haruna, that got first team shirts in Monaco and Dynamo Kiev, top clubs in the intervening period?
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Now to the topic, I agree with that Haruna deserves a call, but like Mikeansy stated he is not so much to be missed. Mikel and Onazi are doing well, and Ogu is also not doing badly. His style is similar to Onazi. So at best, we can have him as backup for Onazi. But will he stay onbench given his attitude issue?

We can't afford fighting in the team todaay.

Morre than Haruna, to me, Uche brothers are needed more in this team. They have attitude, skills and flair.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Gorrbachev: 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
austinebode: Yeah, Haruna lukman- a wonderful player. I really don't understand what shola Ameobi is doing in the team.

To make ibo players look good.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Gorrbachev: 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
saintandsinnerz: With due respect i will say that Keshi is handling the Super Eagles unprofessionally! There are some players he practically shut the door at without any cogent reason. And again, there are some he keeps inviting who practically does not have any business with the national team. He is very vindictive, hence i wonder why he has refused to invite players like Joseph Yobo, Lukeman Haruna, Sone Aluko, Dele Adeleye etc. These players play regular football for their respective clubs in Europe! The most surprising was him not inviting Yobo in recent times despite the form he has shown in Europe and the Turkish superliga! I will prefer the experience of Yobo over the likes of Egwuekwe, Okwuosa and co. By shutting the door on Yobo as a result of the comment he made is the height of unprofessionalism. Since when did expressing an opinion prevents one from the national team? The truth is that Keshi has biase against some certain players and a soft spot towards some others and that will be anathema to the growth of the national team in future. Let merit be the basis of national team invitation!

Say it as it is, Keshi is a bloody tribalist. na their way.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by iconaus: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Syenite:

I can guess u are from that part of Nigeria that is currently experiencing a drought in the Super Eagles. Nothing for u guys for now. We now know the region that has been drawing us back all these while. Super Eagles o ni baje!

much as i am igbo - if this guy is fantastic as being talked , he should be invited and if he suceeds in benching others like mikel etc so be it .
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by wickyyolo: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
Smh, he doesn't have a chance. His game is too slow. He should go and rest.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by wickyyolo: 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Now you people are looking at the tribe issue, forget the tribe. We are nigerians and the best possible players play for us. They've been winning and that's all what we need.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by iconaus: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
mikeansy: one thing I like about this team is the way they hound opponents down to get the ball without committing silly fouls. We have a real team, Nigerians need to support the team. if Keshi fails to qualify us to Brazil or we put up a disgraceful show at Brazil please by all means sack him. But while he is on the job I will continue to back him and his team even though they all come from Illa

good comment - i think Keshi is not what he is labelled to be - tribalist . If u re observant there are many igbos doing well in soccer both natainally and internationally and in the end many of them a called up to Supper eagles and keshi wants to deliver and retain his job hence fields people who can do the jobs . The facts still remains that igbo people are special breed / talented in all endevours( business, education, athletes/sport/ soccer / bravely, hardworking the list goes on ) . People should accept this and be happy for them much as some tribes are blessed with certain good talents. seeing every thing on tribal point of view is wrong .
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by levelszik(m): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Syenite:

I can guess u are from that part of Nigeria that is currently experiencing a drought in the Super Eagles. Nothing for u guys for now. We now know the region that has been drawing us back all these while. Super Eagles o ni baje!
o spaghetti cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Chartey(m): 11:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
ikmuan:

Brown Ideye,Austin Ejide and Ogude where dem frm? Otondo! Get ur facts beore u yarn okpata.
So for your mind you don call yoruba names finish abi? Na wa o.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by born2boink(m): 12:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Mr Mac-10:
Nigga Haruna is better tha Mba and john ogu by a Mile I would like to see him back in the Team
But aruna lukman is not from igbbo, even sone aluko of hull city is better than ogude and mba, I have watched him play in rangers before he joined hull but it only takes igbo names to get them on eagle, let him changes his name to aruna chukwu obiora, he will captain super eagle. Igbo may be good enough for africa champion but they won't get anywhere in worldcup. Musa and recently called Shola are just covered up ......

No wonders will been playing jamaica, south africa, burundi,burkina faso and tridad and tobacco and fifa refuse to rate us because we are playing low team. Why can't we play spain, brazil, belgium, neitherland, portugal or germany in friendly match. Our net will be loaded with 3 goals
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:07am On Oct 12, 2013
saintandsinnerz: With due respect i will say that Keshi is handling the Super Eagles unprofessionally! There are some players he practically shut the door at without any cogent reason. And again, there are some he keeps inviting who practically does not have any business with the national team. He is very vindictive, hence i wonder why he has refused to invite players like Joseph Yobo, Lukeman Haruna, Sone Aluko, Dele Adeleye etc. These players play regular football for their respective clubs in Europe! The most surprising was him not inviting Yobo in recent times despite the form he has shown in Europe and the Turkish superliga! I will prefer the experience of Yobo over the likes of Egwuekwe, Okwuosa and co. By shutting the door on Yobo as a result of the comment he made is the height of unprofessionalism. Since when did expressing an opinion prevents one from the national team? The truth is that Keshi has biase against some certain players and a soft spot towards some others and that will be anathema to the growth of the national team in future. Let merit be the basis of national team invitation!

You guys are looking at it from one perspective. That is, if he is good for his club, he must be good for any coach. When Villas-Boas was at Chelsea, John Terry was very poor playing for him despite being a world class defender. This was due to the high line pattern of play Boas brought to Chelsea. Later, he had to drop Terry. When Mancini switched Man City's backline to a high line 3 man defence, Micah Richards and Lescott couldn't cope. Nastasic had to be brought in despite being young and he did well.

When Di Matteo took over Chelsea and went back to the deep lined defence, Terry Blossomed. Yobo might be a top class defender but he is terrible playing the Coach Keshi's high line defence system. That was why Yobo was terrible at the Nations Cup. Haruna might be prolific at his club but might not be fit for Coach Keshi.

Let us allow Coach Keshi to continue his work. Let us unite behind the Super Eagles.

3 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Lebee4(m): 12:13am On Oct 12, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont knw why some people like to drag us backward! for Godsake we have gone passed the stage of invite this and that player syndrome. You will agree with me that this is the first time in many years that we can boast of first eleven.

please name the first eleven!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Gayigaskia(m): 2:36am On Oct 12, 2013
One thing is sure , playing in the afcom is something playing at the world cup is another. Those boys who play at home like Mba should not have anything to do with the SE in Brazil, we all saw how the shamed the team at the federation cup. I believe the experience that Haruna is gaining in Europe he is way better than many in that current team. Many here have not recently watched Haruna play lately with his club, all those past judgements against him should stop cause he seems to be a changed man now.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2013
born2fuck: But aruna lukman is not from igbbo, even sone aluko of hull city is better than ogude and mba, I have watched him play in rangers before he joined hull but it only takes igbo names to get them on eagle, let him changes his name to aruna chukwu obiora, he will captain super eagle. Igbo may be good enough for africa champion but they won't get anywhere in worldcup. Musa and recently called Shola are just covered up ......

No wonders will been playing jamaica, south africa, burundi,burkina faso and tridad and tobacco and fifa refuse to rate us because we are playing low team. Why can't we play spain, brazil, belgium, neitherland, portugal or germany in friendly match. Our net will be loaded with 3 goals

Bad belle,
Na him go kill u.
Which sport your yoruba people fit do? Juju sport, i guess.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Gayigaskia: One thing is sure , playing in the afcom is something playing at the world cup is another. Those boys who play at home like Mba should not have anything to do with the SE in Brazil, we all saw how the shamed the team at the federation cup. I believe the experience that Haruna is gaining in Europe he is way better than many in that current team. Many here have not recently watched Haruna play lately with his club, all those past judgements against him should stop cause he seems to be a changed man now.

the only reason we did not beat Uruguay at the Confederation Cup was lack of strikers/finishers like Emenike, Moses and Nwofor. Spain is different class even though Nigeria held her own in the midfield.

The core of the team that won Nations cup should lead us to Brazil if we qualify, just minor alterations are required.

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 12, 2013
Jarus:

Great analysis you've been doing here my friend (Soludo brother lol). All your comments on this thread are spot on.

Sanusi newphew you are doing a great job too!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 5:40am On Oct 12, 2013
born2fuck: But aruna lukman is not from igbbo, even sone aluko of hull city is better than ogude and mba, I have watched him play in rangers before he joined hull but it only takes igbo names to get them on eagle, let him changes his name to aruna chukwu obiora, he will captain super eagle. Igbo may be good enough for africa champion but they won't get anywhere in worldcup. Musa and recently called Shola are just covered up ......

look at how u reason. *smh "I pity ur parents*. I wanted to be angry with you, until I saw your username. LAME

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by dunmomie: 5:50am On Oct 12, 2013
No be say i no like the guy,but na im yanga style of playing futbal i no like.see wetin im do siasia for under 20 w/cup now,make im and osaze go rest joor.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by kobikwelu(m): 6:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Haters...go and drink cement juice...

THE FACT IS THAT KESHI DELIVERED US THAT TROPHY AFTER OTHER CUNTS HAVE FAILED TRYING TO IMPLEMENT FEDERAL CHARACTER.....

TILL SOMEONE ELSE DELIVERS ANY TROPHY TO US ....Y'ALL DETRACTORS SHOULD STFU!!!

HE WON AND FOR NOW HIS DECISIONS ARE SANCTROSANT!!

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by born2boink(m): 6:31am On Oct 12, 2013
mobuch:

Bad belle,
Na him go kill u.
Which sport your yoruba people fit do? Juju sport, i guess.
E bi like say dem Mix Madness with Eba for you for you to chop this morning. I no see any valuable ibo boys for bench, una go carry some unknown ibo for division 2 come, you can only beat 2 star team. Any 3 stars,4 stars or 5 stars team will certainly send this ibo eagles to relegation, remember say yeye zambia carry nation cup too. So don't be deceive, just as Tahiti won their nation cup. Ibo eagles will just be like Tahiti in worldcup, the flogging no go easy, just carry drum for head put for the back of your goal keeper begin put goals theere because if you carry basket, the goals no easy.....

I dey pray make this ibo boys win ethiopia, so I go fit siddon as Tahiti of africa in worldcup.

If ibo eagle won win worldcup, they should put aluko in the bench, ibrahim as atttackking midfielder and martins for handicap ideye. Martins one leg cut off is better than 3 legs added to ideye

......Ok nna

Keshi: Oduamadi, oya come score hatrick against brazil
Oduamadi: coach, I get inner injury

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 6:33am On Oct 12, 2013
The ignorance being displayed here in the name of tribal loyalty is very petty, nauseating.

How will a coach, who knows his job is at stake if he doesn't do well, select players based on ethnic grouping.

Check USA 94 and Atlanta 96 squads and check the percentage of Igbos (and easterners generally) and come back to tell Westerhof and Bonfrere Joe are Igbos.

Truth is, our most of finest footballers have always been Igbo, from time immmemorial.

Kanu and Okocha are regarded as Nigeria's most accomplished players ever, they are Igbo.

If you list Nigeria's top 10 players, only Rashidi Yekinni and Segun Odegbami are the likely to be non-Igbo (if you loosely define igbo to include all easterners generally)

3 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by born2boink(m): 6:42am On Oct 12, 2013
write2obi:
look at how u reason. *smh "I pity ur parents*. I wanted to be angry with you, until I saw your username. LAME
Obi is a boy, simply go siddon..... Eyes don open nah! Talks to ur coach make him no divide nigeria. We have loads of Yoruba playing football..... Even small Kayode is far better than associate of ibo boys n bench, that is the reason we failed awfully in confederate. We need capable player on pitch and in bench....every names must not be chukwu...... I doff my HAT for ibo boys.....

Ghana is back with Essien, Muntari, Asamoah of Juventus, Boateng, Fripomg and Gyan, I hope Ayew is there too..... They did not use their small boys for nation cup this time for world level.

At least we need who can compete at top level......I dey watch....if belgium no beat this ibo boys like 3:0, I go carry my TV scatter for ground.

I talked ham then say na only Tahiti go beat for confederation but remember say Tahiti nno come wworldcup,

Let test our ability with little team like Japan, my coach will say, why not bring south africa or burundi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kane Overtakes Aguero, Scores The Most Goals For One Premier League Club / Official : Brown Ideye Joins Tianjin Teda / Egypt To Host 2019 AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.