Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (15839 Views)

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by richy1473(m): 6:57am On Oct 12, 2013
Just don't figure it out why most of my people attached tribalism in everything we do in my dear country...from time inmemorial IGBOS have been the bedrock of our football-history.
You don't change winning-team so far these guys are performing I don't care where they come from(even if they all came from KESHI's compound).we should understand that coach's job is always at stake and I don't think anyone(with senses tho)would be playing with his/her job..only MARTINS I see that really deserved to be called..I don't care where latter might have come from..

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2013
born2fuck: Obi is a boy, simply go siddon..... Eyes don open nah! Talks to ur coach make him no divide nigeria. We have loads of Yoruba playing football..... Even small Kayode is far better than associate of ibo boys n bench, that is the reason we failed awfully in confederate. We need capable player on pitch and in bench....every names must not be chukwu...... I doff my HAT for ibo boys.....

Ghana is back with Essien, Muntari, Asamoah of Juventus, Boateng, Fripomg and Gyan, I hope Ayew is there too..... They did not use their small boys for nation cup this time for world level.

At least we need who can compete at top level......I dey watch....if belgium no beat this ibo boys like 3:0, I go carry my TV scatter for ground.

I talked ham then say na only Tahiti go beat for confederation but remember say Tahiti nno come wworldcup,

Let test our ability with little team like Japan, my coach will say, why not bring south africa or burundi
"Ghana play with Big boys" and with their BigBoys they've won what, you've said it all, "Ghana did not use small boys for nations cup" let me complete that for you, and they failed, we used "small igbo boys" and won, Let me remind you, we are the Champions of Africa, Keshi is not there to lick ur stinking #sses, he is there to win, and win he has done.
"You need capable boys" like 50yr old Matins?, 45yr old Taiwo, wai wai wait LAME Ayodele Makinwa? My friend go and eat oily food that ur good at
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Mekyno(m): 7:40am On Oct 12, 2013
Emmadani: I prefer an Obiora Nwankwo,this guy can MARK and he is very committed and disciplined.Pair him with mikel and onazi,u will know watsup.
ur very right, i luv dat guy's stability.......bt we still need lukman haruna's qualities in front of mikel n onazi/obiora nwankwo.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by kentAire(m): 7:41am On Oct 12, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.
Bros aboki IGBO no good for u oooo!!!!! grin
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.
Bros aboki IGBO no good for u oooo!!!!!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by misterh(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2013
Why should tribalism be attached to every facet of our nat'l life? Even if the boys that will do Nigeria proud are from the same womb, i don't mind. This stupid tribal loyalties will not do us good.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2013
dele-paul:
..are u talking abt Ujah, d guy with two left legs
grin
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by sweetgala(m): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2013
Jarus: The ignorance being displayed here in the name of tribal loyalty is very petty, nauseating.

How will a coach, who knows his job is at stake if he doesn't do well, select players based on ethnic grouping.

Check USA 94 and Atlanta 96 squads and check the percentage of Igbos (and easterners generally) and come back to tell Westerhof and Bonfrere Joe are Igbos.

Truth is, our most of finest footballers have always been Igbo, from time immmemorial.

Kanu and Okocha are regarded as Nigeria's most accomplished players ever, they are Igbo.

If you list Nigeria's top 10 players, only Rashidi Yekinni and Segun Odegbami are the likely to be non-Igbo (if you loosely define igbo to include all easterners generally)

You obviously don't know your football history. The areas around plateau state , has produced a large crop of Nigerian stars aswell. I'll list some players you failed to list
Daniel Amokachi
Augustine Eguavoen
Sunday Oliseh
Celestine Babayaro
Finidi George
Muda Lawal
Vic Ikpeba
Emmanuel Amunike
Segun Odegbami

Nigerian football should not be reduced to tribaliatic chest beating. Igbo people have not given to Nigeria any more than would be required of them as Nigerians or anymore than any other tribe in Nigeria. They have excelled equally as Yoruba, Hausa, Edo, Fulani, Erik, Idoma or any other tribe you would like to mention.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by MrMac10(m): 8:39am On Oct 12, 2013
U Niggaz seem to forget Joel Obi I av been followin his progress at Parma The Boy is Quality at his Best UP Super Eagles
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 8:41am On Oct 12, 2013
naija noni: A lot of players need to be axed out after we have qualified.I heard Solomon Kwambe is not even a regular for sunshine stars.Sunshine stars that is currently lower-tabled in the NPL.
I have no problem with home-based players,but if keshi is to invite home-based players,at least he should invite the very best from the top-5 tabled clubs not sunshine stars.
Oboabona and Egwueke were good calls because they are/were one of the best defenders in the NPFL when they were called and sunshine stars(oboabona) were doing well then.But are Solomon Kwambe and Benjamin Francis the best defenders in the NPFL at the moment ??.No !!.They wouldnt even be in the top 10.Keshi needs to invite the best from the NPFL if he is to invite home-based players.There are a lot of better defenders in enyimba,Kano Pillars e.t.c.
name d top 10 best defenders in NPL.! U know Egwueke b4 his super eagle's debute? I can authoritatively say dat those homebased guys are good,dat is why they are still in d team.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by sweetgala(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2013
richy1473: Just don't figure it out why most of my people attached tribalism in everything we do in my dear country...from time inmemorial IGBOS have been the bedrock of our football-history.
You don't change winning-team so far these guys are performing I don't care where they come from(even if they all came from KESHI's compound).we should understand that coach's job is always at stake and I don't think anyone(with senses tho)would be playing with his/her job..only MARTINS I see that really deserved to be called..I don't care where latter might have come from..

You accused us all of tribalism and then made a statement to defend nepotism. From time immemorial? Are you daft.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2013
isuomo: You guys are just bloody liars, which indiscipline? pray tell me!! Keshi has decided to freeze out the Yoruba players from the team but nobody wants to say it loud for fear of being labeled a tribalist, Aluko, Gbenga Arokoyo, Dele Adeleye, Haruna, Martins, Taiwo(because he is still playing week in week out) these players can only enrich any national team not diminish it but Keshi a full blooded Igboman has carried his hatred for the Yorubas into football and that is why some of us don't give a two hoots what happens to the Biafran national team masquerading as Eagles of Nigeria.
if Taiwo's current form is better dan Echiejile,i will quit watchin super eagles.are u ok? I mean ur brains.the likes of martins,babatunde,etc blew their chances,Atleast d biafran team won d AFCON..after13yrs.nobody noticed dat u dont give a bleep about eagles..enter nairaland 2mao by 2pm,u wiill knw dat we aint missin u.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Mekyno: ur very right, i luv dat guy's stability.......bt we still need lukman haruna's qualities in front of mikel n onazi/obiora nwankwo.
Which Obiora Nwankwo? The one that nearly killed us at the Nations Cup and Coach Keshi dropped like a terrible wife who can't cook. Please that guy should not near the team. He is one of the reason Bale is over hyped. Everyone blamed Maicon in the Inter vs Tottenham match but forgot Obiora was to help him stop Bale. Man that guy is terrible.

He was worse than Haruna Lukman at the U20 world cup.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Chartey(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2013
Please don't be too harsh on a developing player
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2013
Soso990240: name d top 10 best defenders in NPL.! U know Egwueke b4 his super eagle's debute? I can authoritatively say dat those homebased guys are good,dat is why they are still in d team.
When the home based Super Eagles lift the CHAN at South Africa many haters will keep quiet.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2013
Chartey: Please don't be too harsh on a developing player.

That Obiora guy should not near that team. Coach Keshi made the right choice dropping him.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2013
Gayigaskia: One thing is sure , playing in the afcom is something playing at the world cup is another. Those boys who play at home like Mba should not have anything to do with the SE in Brazil, we all saw how the shamed the team at the federation cup. I believe the experience that Haruna is gaining in Europe he is way better than many in that current team. Many here have not recently watched Haruna play lately with his club, all those past judgements against him should stop cause he seems to be a changed man now.
i hope u watched our last world cup outing.we played with europe based players.what was d result like?
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2013
Gayigaskia: One thing is sure , playing in the afcom is something playing at the world cup is another. Those boys who play at home like Mba should not have anything to do with the SE in Brazil, we all saw how the shamed the team at the federation cup. I believe the experience that Haruna is gaining in Europe he is way better than many in that current team. Many here have not recently watched Haruna play lately with his club, all those past judgements against him should stop cause he seems to be a changed man now.
i
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
When the home based Super Eagles lift the CHAN at South Africa many haters will keep quiet.
i believe u.some people dont even know dat those guys are there just to gain experience for CHAN..most of them wount go 4 WORLD CUP

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jarus(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2013
sweet_gala:

You obviously don't know your football history. The areas around plateau state , has produced a large crop of Nigerian stars aswell. I'll list some players you failed to list
Daniel Amokachi
Augustine Eguavoen
Sunday Oliseh
Celestine Babayaro
Finidi George
Muda Lawal
Vic Ikpeba
Emmanuel Amunike
Segun Odegbami

Nigerian football should not be reduced to tribaliatic chest beating. Igbo people have not given to Nigeria any more than would be required of them as Nigerians or anymore than any other tribe in Nigeria. They have excelled equally as Yoruba, Hausa, Edo, Fulani, Erik, Idoma or any other tribe you would like to mention.

Are you saying these guys are from 'areas around the plateau'?

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2013
Jarus: The ignorance being displayed here in the name of tribal loyalty is very petty, nauseating.

How will a coach, who knows his job is at stake if he doesn't do well, select players based on ethnic grouping.

Check USA 94 and Atlanta 96 squads and check the percentage of Igbos (and easterners generally) and come back to tell Westerhof and Bonfrere Joe are Igbos.

Truth is, our most of finest footballers have always been Igbo, from time immmemorial.

Kanu and Okocha are regarded as Nigeria's most accomplished players ever, they are Igbo.

If you list Nigeria's top 10 players, only Rashidi Yekinni and Segun Odegbami are the likely to be non-Igbo (if you loosely define igbo to include all easterners generally)

I have made this point before

thank you once again for saying it like it is.

another point to note also is the fact that these boys are being maligned or more like the coach is being maligned because these boys are Igbos by heritage is at the heart of what is very wrong with Nigeria.

The reason I say this is half of the boys who are Igbos by heritage were actually born in places like Jos, Lagos and Kaduna. So that if place of birth meant anything in our identity system Mikel Obi or Onazi will come from Jos while Kenneth Omeruo will come from Kaduna.

When the Super Eagles were playing it used to be the most patriotic moment to be a Nigerian where undivided loyalty to the course is at its best. Not sure this is the case anymore!

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2013
sweet_gala:

Daniel Amokachi
Augustine Eguavoen
Sunday Oliseh
Celestine Babayaro
Finidi George
Muda Lawal
Vic Ikpeba
Emmanuel Amunike
Segun Odegbami

what is this one talking about?

Emmanuel Amunike is from Imo State!

Growing up in PH I knew Finidi's family and used to watch his younger brother Igeniwari George (RIP) play football

don't think you know what you talking about

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Gorrbachev: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2013
mikeansy:

Growing up in PH I knew Finidi's family and used to watch his younger brother Igeniwari George (RIP) play football

Most of those footballers whether Ibibio or Fulani were raised in the middle belt. Either Jos or Kaduna. e.g mikel is a Jos boy.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2013
Gorrbachev:

Most of those footballers whether Ibibio or Fulani were raised in the middle belt. Either Jos or Kaduna. e.g mikel is a Jos boy.

I said that before in my comments

but Finidi George was born and raised in PH live!

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by sweetgala(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2013
Jarus:

Are you saying these guys are from 'areas around the plateau'?
No I'm not saying they are but I just highlighted the high ratio of Nigerian talents from plateau, not just footballers.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by sweetgala(m): 11:09am On Oct 12, 2013
mikeansy:

I didn't mean they are from plateau. I just mentioned plateau as having the highest ratio I know of. I mentioned all these guys to show the diversity of Nigerian footballers the person I quoted deliberately excluded.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by striker9(m): 11:49am On Oct 12, 2013
Jarus:

Some people sef. I wonder how nigerians judge players by matches played 5 years ago, without recourse to what has happened since then.

On what ground will anyone rate Rabiu , that has moved from 5 clubs in the last 5 years without securing shirt in any, ahead of Haruna, that got first team shirts in Monaco and Dynamo Kiev, top clubs in the intervening period?
You can judge a player by ur own opinion,of course I said he failed to make it to first team which is affecting his career.Keshi invited him during AFCON friendlies,but he never called Lukmon,which means he must have seen something in Rabiu.We see and understand football differently.

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Sogo10: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
What is so special about super eagles.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Sogo10: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Haruna lukman is our best midfielder
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
mikeansy:

I have made this point before

thank you once again for saying it like it is.

another point to note also is the fact that these boys are being maligned or more like the coach is being maligned because these boys are Igbos by heritage is at the heart of what is very wrong with Nigeria.

The reason I say this is half of the boys who are Igbos by heritage were actually born in places like Jos, Lagos and Kaduna. So that if place of birth meant anything in our identity system Mikel Obi or Onazi will come from Jos while Kenneth Omeruo will come from Kaduna.

When the Super Eagles were playing it used to be the most patriotic moment to be a Nigerian where undivided loyalty to the course is at its best. Not sure this is the case anymore!

That is an amazing point there. If we look at them from their places of birth, the tribal views won't be a point. Lagos born, Kaduna born, Plateau Born, Delta Born, etc.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by write2obi(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sogo10: Haruna lukman is our best midfielder
Sogo10: What is so special about super eagles.
Na so so LAME comments you they drop! Haba!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by dannie04: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
sweet_gala:

Daniel Amokachi
Augustine Eguavoen
Sunday Oliseh
Celestine Babayaro
Finidi George
Muda Lawal
Vic Ikpeba
Emmanuel Amunike
Segun Odegbami

epic fail!!!
Your list contains 5 players that I know are not from plateau area.
Ikpeba and Eguavoen are both from Edo state.
Oliseh is from Abavo an Ika/Agbor town
Amunike an Igbo
Finidi from rivers.
A lil investigation might still prove that Odegbami and Muda Lawal are not from the said area

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Sogo10: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Which Obiora Nwankwo? The one that nearly killed us at the Nations Cup and Coach Keshi dropped like a terrible wige who can't cook. Please that guy should not near the team. He is one of the reason Bale is over hyped. Everyone blamed Maicon in the Inter vs Tottenham match but forgot Obiora was to help him stop Bale. Man that guy is terrible.

He was worse than Haruna Lukman at the U20 world cup.
hey guy,where av u been.these are the kind of people i av been looking 4.u really sabi futbol.well done bro.gud analysis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kane Overtakes Aguero, Scores The Most Goals For One Premier League Club / Egypt To Host 2019 AFCON / Official : Brown Ideye Joins Tianjin Teda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.