Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30163 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 17, 2013
Candour: The scriptural gymnastics on this thread will make professional gymnasts and contortionists green with envy. The following are some 'wisdom' poured forth on this thread

1.Jesus was a Pharisee who paid Tithes
But you are the guys saying Jesus was under the mosaic law na..when i followed your flawed logic you are crying blue-murder.Who dey play gymnastic here?.. cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Tayeni(m): 1:04am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: But you are the guys saying Jesus was under the mosaic law na..when i followed your flawed logic you are crying blue-murder.Who dey play gymnastic here?.. cheesy
I can't believe you talk say Jesus na pharisee. Guy! You try o! Hahaha!
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 1:20am On Oct 17, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: About tithe and the christians (knowing this stylishly meant new testament); please help me out on the following:
1. THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE, WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO dance and beat drums in God's presence. Why do your church (most likely i presume) just as many others dance and beat drums today do so. Probably tithe is just the scape goat that needs to be avoided by christians?
2. THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE, WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO hold conventions and conferences. some of you went futher to hold an e-convention. I never saw where peter nor paul did one, and they are our new testament examples, but tithe is just the problem for you.
3. Jesus says we shouldnt pass over judgment and love for God to tithe; another scripture say, love is the fufilling of the law. How excately does paying tithes (out of my loving volition) reduce my love for God? with scriptures.

#1, I agree with you, you right.

#2. You wrong. Acts 15 was a coming together, an Apostlic convention.

#3. Are you a Pharisee? Those tithing in Mathew and Luke are both Pharisee, in both cases, no justification for them. In Christ, you are justified by his blood and by faith, not by works of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

Who received Jacob's tithe? if he tithed, it means he offered it directly to God as burnt offering. So what is the lesson learnt from that?
This is not the point the poster was making,everyone one knows it is God who receives tithes,scripture did not say he offered burnt offering so don't infer.

The point is "Abraham dwelt in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise" (Hebrews 11:9). So Abraham was able to teach them accurately the ways of God..I can imagine how Abbie was sharing his testimony on how he met Melchizedek. Even if it was once scripture gave a record,it shows in that passage it wasn't the first time he met Melchi because Abraham was not so surprised.Abraham even collected communion and ate it..Is that not surprising?

For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."Genesis 18:19

I strongly believe Isaac must have practiced tithing even if scripture did not gave such record of event.Why? because he learnt it from his father.

Another point that should be taken into consideration is that the names Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can be all found in the New Testament. All three men are mentioned by name multiple times in the New Testament. Abraham's name, for example, appears more than 170 times in the New Testament. Jacob's name is mentioned more than 20 times and Isaac's name more than 15 times.

Most of you folks that are crying foul about 10%, what if God decide to ask you for 100% would you gladly give it? Abraham did give his 100% in form of Isaac whom he loved.Abeg i no talk am here say make una go kill una first born o..zikkyy i know you can twist this statement to mean another thing grin The point is David said i won't give God what will not cost me.Now the point is peeps like kun who thinks 10% is fraud that enriches the pastors,when 100% case is brought forward now..wetin you think say KUN go do? KUN will develop a STROKE grin

The reason i brought the 100% example here is that i can see some anti-tithers saying 100% should be given instead of 10%. Now i don't have problem with peeps giving 20'30'40'50'60'70'80'90 and 100% according to how God prospered them.Let the benchmark of your giving be from 10% upwards and that shows you love God with the whole of your heart no be so?

Love for God is not an emotion because no one has seen God.Love for God is how the word of God has dwell richly in your heart and how you are able to apply this word to do His will. Here is a scripture for all you guys to meditate on.I hope it will minister to your spirit,soul and body.

"But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.' And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only . . . For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:20-26

grin

).
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 17, 2013
Tayeni: I can't believe you talk say Jesus na pharisee. Guy! You try o! Hahaha!
quetions: If Jesus was under the law do you agree He obeyed all the mosaic laws? Do you also agree his disciples did the same?
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 17, 2013
Goshen360:
#3. Are you a Pharisee? Those tithing in Mathew and Luke are both Pharisee, in both cases, no justification for them. In Christ, you are justified by his blood and by faith, not by works of the law.
Stop twisting scripture..Jesus had friends like Nicodemus and others who tithed even long after the ascension of Christ because they believed the words of the messiah in mat 23:23.Every statement of Jesus is still BINDING on believers today,if you no like wetin i talk vex like vespa.. cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 1:55am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: Stop twisting scripture..Jesus had friends like Nicodemus and others who tithed even long after the ascension of Christ because they believed the words of the messiah in mat 23:23.Every statement of Jesus is still BINDING on believers today,if you no like wetin i talk vex like vespa.. cheesy

Mark 1:44
Expanded Bible (EXB)
44 “Don’t tell anyone about this. But go and show yourself to the priest. And offer the ·gift [offering; sacrifices] Moses commanded for ·people who are made well [ your cleansing; Lev. 14:1–32]. This will ·show the people [be a public testimony to; be evidence for] what I have done.”

Bidam, since every word of Jesus is BINDING ON CHRISTIANS TODAY, do you teach others to OBEY this word of Jesus above WHEN HEALED?
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2013
Goshen360:

Expanded Bible (EXB)
44 “Don’t tell anyone about this. But go and show yourself to the priest. And offer the ·gift [offering; sacrifices] Moses commanded for ·people who are made well [ your cleansing; Lev. 14:1–32]. This will ·show the people [be a public testimony to; be evidence for] what I have done.”

Bidam, since every word of Jesus is BINDING ON CHRISTIANS TODAY, do you teach others to OBEY this word of Jesus above WHEN HEALED?
So you no go give testimony for church if God heal you of disease abi? grin same principle applies.OFFERINGS ARE YOUR SUBSTANCE YOU HONOUR GOD TO SHOW APPRECIATION AND THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD. IN church.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 9:32am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: So you no go give testimony for church if God heal you of disease abi? grin same principle applies.OFFERINGS ARE YOUR SUBSTANCE YOU HONOUR GOD TO SHOW APPRECIATION AND THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD. IN church.

Lol writely dividing the truth is really a problem for some. Jesus said this to PROVE TO PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN HEALED....go and do what Moses ordered else these people will not allow the healed leper into the congregation. Lepers were not allowed into the colony of people even same applies today, there are leper colonies. Tests that prove healing is what is used to be allow healed lepers to live with people.
Jesus was simply speaking law of the Spirit here for the benefit of the man so he can fulfil all righteousness and obey the authority of that time.
I keep seeing the same recycled questions showing some are ever learning but never WILLING to come to the knowledge of the truth.

"See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, AS A TESTIMONY TO THEM.

WHOLESOME WORDS.

The funniest thing is that the answer was there in the expanded version...LOL....This will ·show the people [BE A PUBLIC TESTIMONY; be EVIDENCE FOR] what I have done.

Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

Daniel 7:25 fully makes sense to me now...it just dropped into my spirit and clicked....trying to belittle Jesus Life and work on earth, recycling questions and scorning the saints, trying to change the law of God and trying to change when the time of the New Testament began. What more?!

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 17, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Lol writely dividing the truth is really a problem for some. Jesus said this to PROVE TO PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN HEALED....go and do what Moses ordered else these people will not allow the healed leper into the congregation. Lepers were not allowed into the colony of people even same applies today, there are leper colonies. Tests that prove healing is what is used to be allow healed lepers to live with people.
Jesus was simply speaking law of the Spirit here for the benefit of the man so he can fulfil all righteousness and obey the authority of that time.
I keep seeing the same recycled questions showing some are ever learning but never WILLING to come to the knowledge of the truth.

"See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, AS A TESTIMONY TO THEM.

WHOLESOME WORDS.

The funniest thing is that the answer was there in the expanded version...LOL....b]This will ·show the people [BE A PUBLIC TESTIMONY; be EVIDENCE FOR] what I have done.[/b]

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

Thanks for shedding more light on that scripture.How are we so sure these guys have the Holy Spirit? I always see them reading LETTERS and twisting PAUL'S LETTERS. NO RHEMA.GOD BLESS YOU JARE.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 9:56am On Oct 17, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: am sorry, but you should hide your face in shame, after you were described as someone who hates those who tithe, which you never refuted, you could still 'preach'. A hater is a murderer 1jh3.
i don't av to refute anything my beloved brother, "every unrighteousness is a sin", including 'greed', so, i hate collection of tithe and d greed that motivated d action. So, D'boy was correct, n u should know, "the love of money is the root of all evils", that is y ur co-travellers can claim dat Jesus was a pharisee(a hypocrite), tithe collector( a fraudster), melchizedek(ordinary priest like any christian) etc etc. Who is a murderer? Is it d man who refuses to decieve , intimidate or outrightly rob ppl with d bible(sword a very potent weapon) or d man who rob ppl of their hard earned monies and properties, destroy marriages, families and lives. With threats of 'devourer', poverty, sickness, lack of husband/wife/children, accidents, death etc etc.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 9:58am On Oct 17, 2013
truthislight:

Dont bother yourself, hebrew 7:8 ^ above makes it clear that "men who die no longer collect tithes" and your pastors are men who dies just like the Levites. So, their collection of tithes is fraudulent and in violation of the NT starndard.

Take note.
We don't tithe to our pastors becos they all die ! We tithe to Christ as Abraham did and also as Jacob did ! That is the reason we dnt care what the tithe is been used for ! We give to God as we also give our offerings to Him !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 17, 2013
Lol,that reminds me of the defeat King kedorlaomer and the kings who allied with him suffered in the hands of father Abraham with only 318 men. These guys(anti-tithers) would hardly discuss how Abraham was able to defeat a VAST ARRAY OF ARMY WITH FOUR KINGS but when it comes to tithe you see them fighting as if their lives depend on it.

Abraham couldn't have achieved this feat with 318 servants.It takes the God factor to do this.Yet the antitithers will never argue how come Abraham was able to achieve this feat. It takes FAITH to be victorious in God's kingdom.

I am doing a study on the four kings. i believe they came from the nimrod empire who was a mighty hunter.I will keep you posted as more revelation drops in my spirit.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

Who received Jacob's tithe? if he tithed, it means he offered it directly to God as burnt offering. So what is the lesson learnt from that?
Are you new in Christianity ! Who do you give ur offerings to when you go to church ? Do you burn it becos Abraham,Isaac and Jacob burnt theirs ? God help us. We give our tithe To God as we do with our offerings !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: all christians are priests after the order of melchizedek n Jesus is d highpriest, so we will only pay tithe if u show us where our colleague(melchizedek) paid tithe to a highpriest. OMG, don't u undastand this thing, when Christ died, he was promoted above tithe, we, who accept Jesus were MADE to move up d ladder to d level of priests, so melchi is our colleague now, dö't u know "WE ARE BIGGER THAN ABRAHAM? I tot u said, u v rev, how come u miss this BIG one? Bros, i wish u know who a christian is, it will change so much about. God bless u. Sir
When Melchizedek (Jesus ) received the tithe from Abraham,dnt you know that God HIMSELF HAVE RECEIVED IT ! We are bigger than Abraham becos we are Christians (Christ in us) but definitely not bigger than Melchizedek no wonder Abraham who was the biggest then gave tithe to Melchizedek(Jesus) and was blessed by Melchizedek ! You see the reason we still tithe to Jesus till date ouit of our love for HIM !

GOD HELP US
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2013
Zikkyy:

Melchizedek is from the tribe of Judah?? oga, what exactly are you smoking?

If Melchi disappeared after collecting war boot.y, who received Abbie's tithe if he continued to tithe?

BTW what happened to the tithe of war boot.y? Melchizedek Christ took to heaven abi? i can just picture the tithe of live horse and donkeys running around in heaven today.
What you should have asked me was who received Jacob's tithe after all Melchizedek was not bodily present when he(Jacob)vowed to tithe !
What God does with our tithe does not concern us ! All we need is just give it ! What did God do with Jacob's tithe if i may ask you ? What will God do with ur offerings,praises,worship and thanksgiving ? Stop asking questions as if you are an atheist-Just do for God like the little kids would do !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: Thanks for shedding more light on that scripture.How are we so sure these guys have the Holy Spirit? I always see them reading LETTERS and twisting PAUL'S LETTERS. NO RHEMA.GOD BLESS YOU JARE.
Amen. Thanks to God, His mercy and grace is just wonderful.
I used to hear about the little horn but now I have the understanding. It is truly the end times and some do not even know they are being used by the devil to perpetuate his evil work.

1. trying to belittle Jesus's (THE WORD OF GOD) Life and work on earth,
2. recycling questions and scorning the saints (saints keep God's commandments and testimony of Jesus - Rev.12:17 & 14:12) thus trying to make them weary & derail
3. trying to change the law of God
4. thinking to change the time when the New Testament began.

What more?!

Saints of God please stand on the Word of God and do not be wearied or swayed by men of perdition, they are launching their evil work on NL...testing the waters. Please endure to the end with God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: quetions: If Jesus was under the law do you agree He obeyed all the mosaic laws? Do you also agree his disciples did the same?
Jesus did nt obey all d mosaic laws, he actually preached and acted against sm of them. Bidam, tithe is mosaic lam, stop defrauding ppl with mal3.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2013
ashieduplus: @Mko
This is part of the reason why ASUU are on strike. Our children no longer understand comprehension passages. Paul used Melchizedek as a simile for Jesus. It was just .a comparison. No wonder he says "another priest" in that Hebrews passage.

Besides, I have studied that passage in Several versions and analysed it (using my training as an English graduate/linguist) and I am pretty sure that Jesus is not Melchizedek.
Studying the scripture as an English or linguistic teacher won't help u at all ! You should hav said that the holy spirit guided you and you have come to the conclusion that Melchizedek isn't Christ ! It is the holy spirit who can help you not the knowledge or skills in English language ! You wonder why there are so many disagreement amongst Christians today ? The roman church believes differently from the Jehovah's withness,The Pentecostal believes different from the anglicans,the baptist believes differently from the Methodist,the seven days adventish believes differently from the celestial church and so many other differences ! The reason isn't far fetched-They might be English/linguistic gurus just like you hence the disagreements in the things of the spirit just becos they have decided to study the word of God with the human senses !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: Jesus did nt obey all d mosaic laws, he actually preached and acted against sm of them. Bidam, tithe is mosaic lam, stop defrauding ppl with mal3.
Show me the ones Jesus did not obey.
Show me the ones he acted and preached against. cheesy You see how contradicting and foolish your statement is? grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

We don't tithe to our pastors becos they all die ! We tithe to Christ as Abraham did and also as Jacob did ! That is the reason we dnt care what the tithe is been used for ! We give to God as we also give our offerings to Him !

God help us
JESUS CHRIST can nt collect tithe bc he is d highpriest, what is dif for u to undastand here? Melchizedek was 'a priest' just like me, Christ is ' a highpriest'. Even, when melchi wanted tithe, he collected it in person, why should Jesus collect his own tro a nigerian fraudster? Christ don big pass dat level bros. God bless.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by back2sender: 10:27am On Oct 17, 2013
I don't pay tithes or offerings. i give my hard earned money to the financially challenged families in my neighbourhood rather than give to a pastor who drives flashy cars and live in luxurious homes.

Thank God for people like Goshen, Pastor kun, christembassey etc for opening our eyes to the truth.
I might even stop going to church finally because a lot of truths are been distorted and no more "holiness" ,morality/values ( attitude & dressing modestly) are been preached this days. every thing is money, money and money and competing with the things of the world.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: JESUS CHRIST can nt collect tithe bc he is d highpriest, what is dif for u to undastand here? Melchizedek was 'a priest' just like me, Christ is ' a highpriest'. Even, when melchi wanted tithe, he collected it in person, why should Jesus collect his own tro a nigerian fraudster? Christ don big pass dat level bros. God bless.

What further proof do you need, people?

Hebrews 5:10
Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec

Someone just equated himself to be a HIGH PRIEST after the order of Melchisedec! shocked
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2013
Goshen360: I like to appreciate all bible students who have refuted this new hang out that Jesus is Melchizedek. However, I will present a line by line exposition from the word later this week. It is an insult to Christ calling him Melchizedek. This is a new heresy by the pro-tithers.
grin grin grin You make me laugh with the highlighted above as if Jesus isn't my LORD too ! When in Daniel 3 we were told of Christ bein in the midst of the fire with the three Hebrew Children some of you like Condour said you will not believe it becos it was a pagan king that made the statement and i reminded Condour of the mad Man of Gadara that even the demon in HIM recognized the authority and sonship of Jesus how much more a pagan ! Even the Muslims say how can Jesus be the son of God ! So if you are here crying fowl becos i just opened ur eyes as was revealed to me that Jesus is Melchizedek and you are here screaming,how does that change the word of God ? If you like,put up a ten pages write up contradicting this revelation,how does that concern me when it is not my word but God's ! Is it not on this same forum i heard that there is no God ! Is it not on this same forum i heard that Jesus is not the son of God ! Was it not on this same forum that one man frosbel came to tell us that Jesus isn't God and has no semblance of God ! Was it not this forum i heard that Jesus is gay ! What have we not heard ? So go heard with ur write up to contradict the word of God,the world is waiting and people who will believe will believe and people who will not believe will not believe. Of a truth God want's all to make heaven but not all will make it !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

When Melchizedek (Jesus ) received the tithe from Abraham,dnt you know that God HIMSELF HAVE RECEIVED IT ! We are bigger than Abraham becos we are Christians (Christ in us) but definitely not bigger than Melchizedek no wonder Abraham who was the biggest then gave tithe to Melchizedek(Jesus) and was blessed by Melchizedek ! You see the reason we still tithe to Jesus till date ouit of our love for HIM !

GOD HELP US
sorry, i'm a priest, operating in the order of melchi, priests do not pay tithes to priests. And God has never commanded or delegated priests to collect tithes from other priests for him. God bless sir.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: About tithe and the christians (knowing this stylishly meant new testament); please help me out on the following:
1. THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE, WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO dance and beat drums in God's presence. Why do your church (most likely i presume) just as many others dance and beat drums today do so. Probably tithe is just the scape goat that needs to be avoided by christians?
2. THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE, WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO hold conventions and conferences. some of you went futher to hold an e-convention. I never saw where peter nor paul did one, and they are our new testament examples, but tithe is just the problem for you.
3. Jesus says we shouldnt pass over judgment and love for God to tithe; another scripture say, love is the fufilling of the law. How excately does paying tithes (out of my loving volition) reduce my love for God? with scriptures.
I dnt do gang things expecially with the word of God but i must comend you for adding this knowledge(s)to my life !

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 10:47am On Oct 17, 2013
Alwaystrue:

What further proof do you need, people?

Hebrews 5:10
Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec

Someone just equated himself to be a HIGH PRIEST after the order of Melchisedec! shocked
i've been avoiding to av a direct conversation with u, bc ur undastanding of d bible is TOO TOO big for me, but ma, if my post is to low to ur high level, just ask questions. God bless u my dearest sister.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2013
Goshen360:

#1, I agree with you, you right.

#2. You wrong. Acts 15 was a coming together, an Apostlic convention.

For ur no 3,why didn't Jesus leave the pharisees to go ahead with the stoning of the adulterous woman ?
Why did Jesus not allow the people to continue with the issuance of divorce certificates to their divorced wives and also not allow them to continue with the Law that permit's divorce ? Instead Jesus said that in the beginning it was not so !
Why did Jesus condemn the way they observe the Sabbath ?

Christ came and rebuked the pharisees for the things they weren't doing well and corrected them on how best to do those things !
One of the was tithing ! They weren't tithing properly ! What do i mean by that ? They left out justice,faithfulness and mercy and continue to tithe thinking that was all but Christ said;NO ! You should tithe but do others as well ! If tithing was entirely dropped,i bet you Christ would had told them like HE did regarding other issues like washing of hands before eating,Sabath day worship as they carry it out then,divorce and the rest of them !
Love is the greatest of them all ! If i love God and want to tithe to show appreciation to God alongside other appreciations i render unto HIM,have i sinned ? NO ! But the sin is for you when you try to stop me from reverencing and appreciating God ! I perceive in my heart that God can't be happy with you but becos HE is a loving God,HE will forgive you when you repent of ur sins !
God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam: So you no go give testimony for church if God heal you of disease abi? grin same principle applies.OFFERINGS ARE YOUR SUBSTANCE YOU HONOUR GOD TO SHOW APPRECIATION AND THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD. IN church.

Alwaystrue:

WHOLESOME WORDS.

The funniest thing is that the answer was there in the expanded version...LOL....This will ·show the people [BE A PUBLIC TESTIMONY; be EVIDENCE FOR] what I have done.

Daniel 7:25 fully makes sense to me now...it just dropped into my spirit and clicked....trying to belittle Jesus Life and work on earth, recycling questions and scorning the saints, trying to change the law of God and trying to change when the time of the New Testament began. What more?!

The church is really in a mess today!!! We have people who are teaching the word of God but do not understand simple English and context. A Leper was healed and Jesus told him go and show yourself to the priest. And offer the ·gift [offering; sacrifices] Moses commanded for ·people who are made well [ your cleansing; Lev. 14:1–32]

We have people today changing the law of Leprosy into 'principles of leprosy'. This gift, offerings and sacrifices are what are contained in reference to Mosaic Law. We have people calling for testimony of a healed person without the gift\offerings\sacrifices as commanded in the Law. They hold on to "This will ·show the people [be a public testimony to; be evidence for] what I have done” but where is the sacrifice as commanded in Leviticus 14? You can't understand what Christ was saying until you read or study Leviticus 14.

Smh for this generation!!!

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 11:02am On Oct 17, 2013
One of my previous posts:

Alwaystrue: A great mystery:

Proverbs 11:24,25
24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

He that scattereth in different places will always increase from different sources not to hoard again but to keep scattering.

Love, mercy and fairness is what drives any giving, no wonder Jesus called them weighthier aspects of the law for it is possible to give without love, mercy or being fair (giving with partiality).

Even God first LOVED before He GAVE His Son to save us. Giving is nothing without first Loving.
Stay blessed.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 11:03am On Oct 17, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry, i'm a priest, operating in the order of melchi, priests do not pay tithes to priests. And God has never commanded or delegated priests to collect tithes from other priests for him. God bless sir.
For using the word command,makes a mess of the grace /Melchizedekal order of tithing ! Was Abraham commanded when he brought this same tithe to Jesus in Genesis ? Was Jacob commanded when he vowed and 'eventually'brought this same tithe to God ? Was there Law then ? Who taught them how to tithe ? No man teaches any man becos it has been written already in our hearts ! We are priests just like Christ yet we pray to God in Jesus name ! Why not pray to God in ur own name since you are a priest like Jesus grin! You make me laugh ,his man ! We tithe to the highest of all the priests who is our Lord Jesus Christ !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2013
Bidam,you surprised me with this ur answer o ! When i saw the question i just they reason say where the answer dey self becos i know say bible complete and e no contradict itself at all as some people dey make am look today !
Thanks for this insight o becos Jesus no go talk one thing for here come talk another for there ! All of them dey nsync only if we fit spiritually discern am !

God help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" / Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.