Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30134 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam:
The levitical priesthood and the ordinances were [i]CHANGED TO MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD.THE LAWS WERE CHANGED NOT CANCELLED,

can you post the revised law here for us to read? Please smiley

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

16 who has come, not according to the law of a FLESHLY COMMANDMENT (e.g. TITHE COMMANDMENT), but according to the power of an endless life.
DId you read 1 corinthians 9:13 where PAUL MADE REFERENCE TO AARON AND HIS SONS AS A PRINCIPLE UNDER THE NEW COVENANT? WHO DEY FOOL WHO HERE? grin

The fleshy commandments na laws of levite no be tithe.We tithe by FAITH IN THE NEW COVENANT.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

can you post the revised law here for us to read? Please smiley
You know na..one of them is your tithes and offerings to your local assembly where you get spiritual nourishment from..You don dey rob God tay tay no be today grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Bidam, Ola, Jo, Alex Gombs, Oliver twist etc, are you paying/collecting tithe according to Abraham or law, pls make up ur mind and let rap up this dancing arround. Melchi or levite tithe, which one? God bless.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Numbers 3:5-12
5 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
6 Bring the tribe of Levi near, and present them before Aaron the priest, that they may minister unto him.
7 And they shall keep his charge, and the charge of the whole congregation before the tabernacle of the congregation, to do the service of the tabernacle.
8 And they shall keep all the instruments of the tabernacle of the congregation, and the charge of the children of Israel, to do the service of the tabernacle.
9 And thou shalt give the Levites unto Aaron and to his sons: they are wholly given unto him out of the children of Israel.
10 And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest's office: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel INSTEAD of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine

Numbers 18:6-7
6 Behold, I Myself have taken your brethren the Levites from among the children of Israel; they are a gift to you, given by the Lord, to do the work of the tabernacle of meeting.
Therefore you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything at the altar and behind the veil; and you shall serve. I give your PRIESTHOOD to you as a gift for service, but the outsider who comes near shall be put to death.

Levites MADE without an oath but Christ Made with an oath....A priest from the tribe of Judah not of the Levite that Moses spoke of...

Hebrews 7:20-21
20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath 21 (for they have BECOME priests WITHOUT an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest 6forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ” ),

He who has ears will hear.

I Corinthians 9:13-14....In the same way hath the Lord commanded....
I MILLION LIKES.GOD BLESS YOU JARE . UNA TWISTERS SEE AM.. grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:
Abraham paid tithe. Under which law was he because you peopLe are talkIng about mosaic law? Did the Mosaic law come into operation during the time of Abraham?

Abraham gave a tenth of way boot.y and it was not commanded by God.

alexleo:
Now in the place we read, Abraham paid his tenth to a priest whose priesthood was not in the order of Levi. (Read verse 8 ). Now was it the law that required Abraham to give tithe to Melchizedec who was not of the descendant of Levi? NO. Was Abraham condemned for paying a tenth to someone who was not from the descendant of Levi as required by the law? NO. So why are you condemning other[/b]s......

Who is condemning you?

alexleo:
So why are you condemning others who are giving their tenth to [b]Christ whose priesthood is same as that of Melchizedec
?

Christ priesthood is not the same as that of Melchizedek. saying it is the same is to say Christ & Melchizedek are equals. I just hope you understand what that means. Don't go downgrading the priesthood of Christ cos of desperation to justify tithe.

alexleo:
So why are you condemning others who are giving their tenth to Christ whose priesthood is same as that of Melchizedec? Calling them thieves and all sorts of bad names? If you are against the craze for money which has taken over the church that's a different thing. But when you condemn a tither for simply doing what he saw in the scripture then that's not fair.

The tither is not the thief. The actual thief is the person collecting the tithe from ill-informed tithers (thinking he is paying God what belong to God, as stated in Malachi).

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
christemmbassey:
@Bidam, Ola, Jo, Alex Gombs, Oliver twist etc, are you paying/collecting tithe according to Abraham or law, pls make up ur mind and let rap up this dancing arround. Melchi or levite tithe, which one? God bless.

Pastors game plan (now adopted by tithers to defend the tithe fraud):

Attack: play Malachi 3
Midfield: Combine Paul (1 Cor.) and Matthew 23
Defender: Play Abbie in defence
Goalkeeping: use the brainwashed sheep
Coach: Pastor

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Malachi 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In TITHES AND OFFERINGS

Funny how people see nothing wrong with giving their offerings in church and believe they are giving it to God but feel the Tithe is going to man.
Really we now understand what the bible says about Faith.

They have faith to give offerings to God but cannot undertstand how the tithe is also for God. Yet God said TITHES and OFFERINGS. Without faith it is truly impossible to please God.

The goal is to first give ourselves to God and then we can give God everything but it is hypocritical to believe our 100% belongs to God but 'strain at a gnat' on giving out of it. The Lord knows those that are His.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

Pastors game plan (now adopted by tithers to defend the tithe fraud):

Attack: play Malachi 3
Midfield: Combine Paul (1 Cor.) and Matthew 23
Defender: Play Abbie in defence
Goalkeeping: use the brainwashed sheep
Coach: Pastor
Add Baba GOD as the referee... grin ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED OF GOD AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE.. cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam:
The fleshy commandments na laws of levite no be tithe.We tithe by FAITH IN THE NEW COVENANT.

The fleshy commandment include the command to collect tithe. It is part of the laws of levite.

Bidam: You know na..one of them is your tithes and offerings to your local assembly where you get spiritual nourishment from..You don dey rob God tay tay no be today grin

angry angry

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue: Malachi 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In TITHES AND OFFERINGS

Funny how people see nothing wrong with giving their offerings in church and believe they are giving it to God but feel the Tithe is going to man.

They have faith to give offerings to God but cannot undertstand how the tithe is also for God. Yet God said TITHES and OFFERINGS. Without faith it is truly impossible to please God.

The goal is to first give ourselves to God and then we can give God anything but it is hypocritical to believe our 100% belongs to God but 'strain at a gnat' on giving out of it. The Lord knows those that are His.
Chei..another hammer on anti-tithers grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

The fleshy commandment include the command to collect tithe. It is part of the laws of levite.

angry angry
Paul was smart to debunk you by saying Christ in the order of Melchizedek lives forever and collects the tithes. cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Add Baba GOD as the referee... grin [i]

You got this right. expect your red card anytime soon smiley

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2013

The goal is to first give ourselves to God and then we can give God everything but it is hypocritical to believe our 100% belongs to God but 'strain at a gnat' on giving out of it. The Lord knows those that are His.

Thank you my sister, after much talking, i can only pray for the anti-tithers and to challenge to tithe if they won't see results! it is well.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Abraham paid tithe. Under which law was he because you peopLe are talkIng about mosaic law? Did the Mosaic law come into operation during the time of Abraham?

Verse 6-8 of the Hebrew 7. -

6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living.

Now in the place we read, Abraham paid his tenth to a priest whose priesthood was not in the order of Levi. (Read verse 8 ). Now was it the law that required Abraham to give tithe to Melchizedec who was not of the descendant of Levi? NO. Was Abraham condemned for paying a tenth to someone who was not from the descendant of Levi as required by the law? NO. So why are you condemning others who are giving their tenth to Christ whose priesthood is same as that of Melchizedec? Calling them thieves and all sorts of bad names? If you are against the craze for money which has taken over the church that's a different thing. But when you condemn a tither for simply doing what he saw in the scripture then that's not fair.

Abraham NEVER paid a tithe to anyone, he gave a one off tithe of his own free volution as decided/purposed in his heart by himself and not as a religious obligation instructed by God. Also nowhere in scripture are we told to emulate Abraham's deeds else we would be celebrating killing rams like muslims today.

It still beats my imagination how supposedly educated people want to impose monthly tithes of income on christians based on Abraham's one off voluntary example of goods that weren't his and we were never instructed to emulate. Twisting the example of Abraham's tithe to impose tithes on christians is even more ridiculous than the discredited malachi 3:10 example. Absolutely ridiculous angry

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
swtchicgurl:

Thank you my sister, after much talking, i can only pray for the anti-tithers and to challenge to tithe if they won't see results! it is well.

Most of us that teach the truth about tithes were once tithers as we were also deceived to believe this false doctrine until we studied scriptures for ourselves, we also still have many tithers around us and we can testify that tithing does not work. tongue if it works we would all be practising it without this need for back and forth argument.

6 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
swtchicgurl:

Which one u dey yarn here? YOU opened a thread but. not attending to it. We have problem with offerings also because what the early church gave wasn't offerings but collections. If you have a scripture where what given by early church was called offerings, then quote it.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
christemmbassey: @Bidam, Ola, Jo, Alex Gombs, Oliver twist etc, are you paying/collecting tithe according to Abraham or law, pls make up ur mind and let rap up this dancing arround. Melchi or levite tithe, which one? God bless.

Did Abraham pay tithe to Melchisedec (whose priesthood wasn't in the order of the levites) according to the law? Pls show me. Was there a law from God that mandated him to do that? Pls show me. And if there was no law, was he condemned for doing that outside what the law said? Pls show me where it is in the scripture. If he wasn't condemned, why should you condemn those who are paying their tenth to christ whose priesthood is also in the order of Melchizedec?
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Most of us that teach the truth about tithes were once tithers as we were also deceived to believe this false doctrine until we studied scriptures for ourselves, we also still have many tithers around us and we can testify that tithing does not work. tongue if it works we would all be practising it without this need for back and forth argument.

I endorse this message. In fact, I get increase in my hourly pay without tithing. I have two jobs, both with paid insurance, vacation, sick leaves, medical, if I loose, God forbid, any of my immediate family, I get compensation, lots of benefits, drive Chevy cruise 2013 brand new etc all the grace of God of undeserved favor on me. Yet, I'm yet to witness any devourer, neither am I sick nor any of my family. It's all because of the grace of God, glory to God.

8 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
swtchicgurl:

Thank God. It is one thing to give in fear or give for gain and another to give with understanding, faith and love for God.
Even the bible says if we give without love it does not yield anything. When people do things in unbelief, it does not profit them anything.
When people give ackowledging God for the bounty he has given them....He still blesses. Jesus said same, when we give we receive but there has to be a heart of giving first.

Personally this issue is way beyond tithing. It hinges on UNBELIEF (lack of faith) on so many other matters. Jesus kept saying BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE my word. He preached repentance. It was because the people did not understand the word of God for they did not mix it with faith and their heart was layered with all sorts and that is why the Israelites could not please God for they could not apply the word.

The just shall live by faith and only in faith can we please God.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Did Abraham pay tithe to Melchisedec (whose priesthood wasn't in the order of the levites) according to the law? Pls show me. Was there a law from God that mandated him to do that? Pls show me. And if there was no law, was he condemned for doing that outside what the law said? Pls show me where it is in the scripture. If he wasn't condemned, why should you condemn those who are paying their tenth to christ whose priesthood is also in the order of Melchizedec?

The question should be did Abraham gave tithe to A STOREHOUSE?

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

this is y ppl write jamb & waec 10x n still fail , pls read d question carefully, this time, think very hard b4 u answer.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Candour(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2013

I thought we are talking Melchizedek and Abraham here? From whence did Malachi get into the field? grin

Funny how people see what they give in church today as the same offerings that Malachi was talking about here. How can any Christian NOT know that this offerings mentioned here referred to the peace offerings, meat offerings, evening sacrifices etc which we all know has been abolished by the cross of Christ.

Was it this kind of offering the widow of two mites gave?

The tithes referred to in Malachi WENT TO MAN. Read Num18:21-32, Deut 14:22-29, Neh 10:37-39 to confirm

The offerings mentioned here are not the same like what you give in your church meetings today. All you do are collections. How does giving to God in faith translate to 10%?

Its amazing how we start with Abraham's tithe but must inevitably rely on Mosaic tithe through Malachi to sustain the tithe argument.

Blatant dishonesty if you ask me.

If you truly give yourself to God, you won't be rating Him on the basis of 10%. God owns all and he's more valuable than that meagre, insultive and Pharisaical 10%.

The problem is when folks think giving to God is strictly when a pastor oversees the receiving. Even if you give a begger, Christ said you've given to him.

I thought after starting so well by acknowledging the fleshly nature of the commandments before Christ, they'll finally see the light, but the inevitable recourse to Malachi always derails them.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Ediss(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
I want to learn how to pay my tithe. I payed my very long ago God forgive me sad
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Ediss(m): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
K
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by moscobabs(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mike uniform mike uniform OP
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360:
I endorse this message. In fact, I get increase in my hourly pay without tithing. I have two jobs, both with paid insurance, vacation, sick leaves, medical, if I loose, God forbid, any of my immediate family, I get compensation, lots of benefits, drive Chevy cruise 2013 brand new etc all the grace of God of undeserved favor on me. Yet, I'm yet to witness any devourer, neither am I sick nor any of my family. It's all because of the grace of God, glory to God.

It's possible the devourer devoured the private jets attached to/that comes with your current job position. pay your tithe and the watch the devourer vomit your P.Js grin

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ediss: I want to learn how to pay my tithe. I payed my very long ago God forgive me sad
payment of tithe was abolished by d prhesthood of Jesus(hew 7), so any pastor who ask u to pay tithe is either ignrant or A THIEF.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
God2man: I am very sad about this forum. I registered 2011, if i am not mistaken, there are over 100 threads on only one topic, TITHE, it is disheartening with the way they called old men of God that are old enough to be their fathers , thieves, fraudster, and that they are teaching nonsense, the Bible says, we should respect elders, there is no courtesy,a good christian must have the fruit of the spirit, up till now, i keep asking, are they Christians or Atheist? Because a good christian will not call old men of God thieves, it is not possibe, but this is in the dictionary of Anti-tithers. It is what you respect that comes into your life, if you want to grow old, you should respect your elders in the Christiandom, they are not Jesus, but they are the respresentatives of God on earth

There are more than enough topics in the Bible, i beg all of them to stop this overflogged, overdebated, tithe issue on nairaland, in fact, the moderators should delete any topic on Tithe, it is a bad thing for this forum to fight against what the whole churches in Nigeria stood for, i mean paying of tithe, i understand that some churches may not preach about tithe, one thing is sure, they will NEVER stop anybody from paying tithe to them. They will accept it, directly or indirectly.

The question is why are people so desperate to stop tithing from all churches, this is an exercise in futility, a waste of time, an insult to Nigerian churches, and it is like they are playing on our inteligence.

You can deceive one person at a time, but it is difficult to deceive everybody at the same time. If you think that you are smart and you know Bible, i think as a wise person, you should know that other people are smart, wise, intelligent and have a great knowledge about the Bible.

This is the scenario, i believe a smart person that comes to this forum with his theology will take a great disposition and humble himself to listen to opposing view, but this is not the case on nairalan, they will insult you, call you names and make you to hate the forum.

The owner of the forum may think this argument is favourable to him, but he has forgotten that what goes round comes around, it is counterproductive, very soon people will not like to visit this forum again.

Anti-tithers on nairaland have been adopting different strategies to achieve their aims.

1. They used different ID's

2. They twist the scripture.

3. When they lost the arguement, they will result to insult.

4. They are very cunny.

A word is enough for the wise.

God bless all my brethren on this forum.

God2man.
Your comment is utterly embarrassing. While i don't support tithers or anti-tithers, i think everyone is entitled to make their opinion known whether you like it or now. If anyone sees the action of a man of God as contrary to what the scripture says, he's free to call the man of God out. There's no such thing as respect here cos you don't respect an armed robber that comes to your house to steal from you even if he's above 60 years. A thief is a thief. What you should endeavor to do it to use superior knowledge according to biblical assertions to counter the arguments of the tithers instead of threatening people.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
God2man:

You can deceive one person at a time, but it is difficult to deceive everybody at the same time.

@OP you are wrong with the bolded.

Rev: 13:16
And he causeth ALL, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

everybody can be deceived

By the way:
I'm not anti-tithe.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

It's possible the devourer devoured the private jets attached to/that comes with your current job position. pay your tithe and the watch the devourer vomit your P.Js grin

Because I understand the grace of God and devourer is nothing but ants and insects. Nothing shall by any means hurt me.

Ah, I see the front page thing. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by whitecat007: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
Tithing should abolished since its not meeting the intended purpose, the money should be given to the poor in the church and community, and pastor put on payroll if he must get paid to serve God. I prefer churches where they take turn to pastor the church for 2yrs while keeping their day jobs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

10 Ways To Enjoy Christmas When You Are Broke / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.