Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (615072 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 03, 2014
bjbonafide: Hello guys,

I've just been refused study visa based on; ties to canada and home country, purpose of visit, and personal asset and financial status.

I applied for a 2 years diploma program.

Here are the docs submitted;

Study permit form
Family info form
Loa
Receipt of tuition deposit
Loe
2 Bank statements (one pension account and one salary account) and pay slip of sponsor (my dad)
Siblings ID cards and a group pics of my parent and I.
Survey plan
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Birth certificate
Waec result
Bsc cert

PLEASE I NEED ASSISTANCE ON THE WAY FORWARD FROM ANYONE THANKS!

Documents submitted are OK,but I will ask you the following questions.
. How do you fill your application form,especially at the point of (how much you budget to spend throughout your program?
.Secondly,How do you write your letter of explanation, where you able to convince the VO about your ties in your home country,employment upon arrival,benefit of the program to your career?
Moreover,what do they write on your refusal letter ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Everyone should be well informed, the best route is online route.
Never submit paper route,although they gives at times,but statistically online is higher,be on a safer side.
Never fall victim..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drpak: 1:46am On Jul 03, 2014
dammycrane000: Looking for a partner also grin
Anyone traveling July ?
sure sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drpak: 1:52am On Jul 03, 2014
Haustraliah: Everyone should be well informed, the best route is online route.
Never submit paper route,although they gives at times,but statistically online is higher,be on a safer side.
Never fall victim..
How do u conclude on ur statistics...... the only advantage of the online to paper is the time duration. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mtxatx: 2:21am On Jul 03, 2014
funmi14: Good p.m House. Thanks God,NL is fully back from B.Haram attack.
I was able to upload my online app after several attempts on 19/06/2014.
Did Biometric 20/06/14...
House pls join me in prayer o for devine favour, cant wait to reciev cic msg of medical call.
Finger crossed for now while mountain top prayer continue....Lol.
I salue the house once again.
Pls anyone going to Dalhousie University, NS?

Yes... what course?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 2:28am On Jul 03, 2014
ChriGo: .....Hahahaha!!!....So you don dey get mouth for Alberta now abi....Mr African prince grin.....In-case i decide to roll come that side, make sure you prepare every luxury for the real African prince(Chrigo grin).....i trust you on that my man....

No stress my guy. I am more then able to make it a memorable event. Hope this heat worrying us here gets to ur end too. Omo Alberta sun na like Taraba own oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sexysammy0906: 3:04am On Jul 03, 2014
Hello everyone, i have been following this forum and have found it very useful. please i need help with some information. I recently got an admission to cetennial college for pgd program and i was about applying for visa when my agent brought to my attention tht i might have some issues with getting a visa since i have a master degree from uk. he explained that the embassy recently have been rejecting applications from most persons who have completed a master degree in another country and wants to study for a lesser degree in canada. please is there anyone who has a master degree and is going for a pgd program and has gotten visa. i am really confused and i really do not knw what to do. i would really appreciate any information. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 3:10am On Jul 03, 2014
Hello nairalander,

I just received my acceptance letter and my course will start this coming sept. D processing time for study permit in naija is 21 weeks, do u advise I go to Ghana to apply for the study permit coz study permit processing time in Ghana is just 5 weeks. Plz I need help as to what I need to do. I have already done upfront medical examination at Ikoyi early last month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 3:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Holu26: Hello nairalander,

I just received my acceptance letter and my course will start this coming sept. D processing time for study permit in naija is 21 weeks, do u advise I go to Ghana to apply for the study permit coz study permit processing time in Ghana is just 5 weeks. Plz I need help as to what I need to do. I have already done upfront medical examination at Ikoyi early last month.

You can only apply for student visa in Ghana if you reside there or have a Ghanian passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 3:36am On Jul 03, 2014
sexysammy0906: Hello everyone, i have been following this forum and have found it very useful. please i need help with some information. I recently got an admission to cetennial college for pgd program and i was about applying for visa when my agent brought to my attention tht i might have some issues with getting a visa since i have a master degree from uk. he explained that the embassy recently have been rejecting applications from most persons who have completed a master degree in another country and wants to study for a lesser degree in canada. please is there anyone who has a master degree and is going for a pgd program and has gotten visa. i am really confused and i really do not knw what to do. i would really appreciate any information. thanks

I am not sure your agent is %100 correct, If you had a grade less than 2.1; then Masters degree can't prevent you from doing a Canadian PGD. People with 2.1 and above also do PGD or PGC in other fields different from their primary field of study, just to get entry into that speciality.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 3:39am On Jul 03, 2014
I have nigeria ecowas passport which I believe can be use to get entry to Ghana as a tourist. Plz is it not possible that way?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 3:41am On Jul 03, 2014
kclexa:

You can only apply for student visa in Ghana if you reside there or have a Ghanian passport.

I have nigeria ecowas passport which I believe can be use to get entry to Ghana as a tourist. Plz is it not possible that way?

But what if I decide to reside in Ghana for the duration of the visa application processing time, will that work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:49am On Jul 03, 2014
Why wil u stress urself going all the way to Ghana when u can just apply online and get ur visa in less than 5 weeks.
By the way, u have to be a legal resident/citizen of Ghana for u to apply there so it won't be possible if ur a tourist.
Even if u decide to reside there for some time, how wil u prove home ties and other things in ur app. Pls don't set urself up so it's better you apply online which doesn't require u go to Ghana. Also faster
All the best
Holu26:

But what if I decide to reside in Ghana for the duration of the visa application processing time, will that work?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:58am On Jul 03, 2014
If you have to include ur masters cert, then be ready to explain why you wanna go for a pgd also if you exclude ur masters cert then be ready to explain the gap from ur previous education till date.this are the things u should put into consideration, anyone u choose requires convincing the visa officer. But from observation, peeps don't include their masters. They use their jobs/work experience to explain gaps. So the choice is urs
All the best
sexysammy0906: Hello everyone, i have been following this forum and have found it very useful. please i need help with some information. I recently got an admission to cetennial college for pgd program and i was about applying for visa when my agent brought to my attention tht i might have some issues with getting a visa since i have a master degree from uk. he explained that the embassy recently have been rejecting applications from most persons who have completed a master degree in another country and wants to study for a lesser degree in canada. please is there anyone who has a master degree and is going for a pgd program and has gotten visa. i am really confused and i really do not knw what to do. i would really appreciate any information. thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:02am On Jul 03, 2014
Avoid using too many sponsors, use the best two you have. If you can renew ur passport, get it done.
The docx u scan and submit online are original so they won't ask for the hard copies.if there are any doubts abt their authenticity, they wont request for a copy, rather a final decision will be made which may result in bad news.
All the best
yomiraheem: Hello guys, and thank you miss bon for ur emails...the SOP and all.

I have some questions however:

1. Is it ok using my brother, myself, and parents as sponsors? My brother has 3m in his acct, 2landed properties and a nice job with good cash flow. I have just 2m. My parents have only a few thousands but has 3 landed properties.

2. My passport expires Dec 2015 and the program I'm going for is 1 year, starting from January 2015. Is it ok to apply with dat..its exactly 1year but I think they give like 3months extra on visa.

3. After the online submission are they still gonna ask u to submit the original documents, aside d passport?

I'll appreciate your response all, tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by readymade: 4:55am On Jul 03, 2014
@sexysammy096
My advice is to include your masters degree. What Pgd course r you doing? I moved to Canada abt 6 years ago after I concluded my masters in SW in the UK then came to George Brown College to do a Pgd in Autism and behavioural Sc....
There must be a direct link to your masters course if you want to do a Pgd. I explained in my personal statement why I wanted to do a course in Autism which will certainly enhance my profession as a Social worker. I got my Student visa in d Uk and have since gotten my PR.
Besides your UK student Visa will show on ur passport.
Just make sure your reasons are solid and you shouldn't have a problem.

Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 03, 2014
Thank u miss bon and all, Ok, I will just focus on using myself and my brother as sponsor then. But I hope my bros 3m and my 2m which is basically for the skul fee is enough to proof the financial aspect.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emekatimsu(m): 6:22am On Jul 03, 2014
Helloo House, thanks for all the informative response. I intend using my Maternal Uncle in America as my sponsor meanwhile we don'r bear same surname..I want to know my chances.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 03, 2014
miss bon: Avoid using too many sponsors, use the best two you have. If you can renew ur passport, get it done.
The docx u scan and submit online are original so they won't ask for the hard copies.if there are any doubts abt their authenticity, they wont request for a copy, rather a final decision will be made which may result in bad news.
All the best

Thank u miss bon and all, Ok, I will just focus on using myself and my brother as sponsor then. But I hope my bros 3m and my 2m which is basically for the skul fee is enough to proof the financial aspect.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 6:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Congrats Nadezna! Awesome News!

Nadezna: A good evening NLers!

Good new...TRV approved.

Thank you all so very much. This forum kept me going.

Applied: 30 May
Medicals: Upfront (May 30)
TRV Approved: 02 July
Online route

More TRV good news in the house IJN. Amen smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dammycrane000: 6:36am On Jul 03, 2014
Dr pak: sure sir.

What date are you travelling?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dtito(m): 6:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Chatters: @ Nicemax...Nwanne congrats. Jisike n'oru.
i love igbo gurls wif brain...i tink u one that kind...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 6:45am On Jul 03, 2014
Hi bro. Like Miss bon said, please use your best two. But you can still include your parent's landed properties to boost your chances and help with home ties.
Godspeed
yomiraheem:

Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bjbonafide(m): 7:03am On Jul 03, 2014
Haustraliah:

Documents submitted are OK,but I will ask you the following questions.
. How do you fill your application form,especially at the point of (how much you budget to spend throughout your program?
.Secondly,How do you write your letter of explanation, where you able to convince the VO about your ties in your home country,employment upon arrival,benefit of the program to your career?
Moreover,what do they write on your refusal letter ?

I filled it via online route.
I did not use an employment letter.
I filled $25,000
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by luvly3(f): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2014
Slimdel: Hello
When in August are u leaving and which province
Thanks cheers

@ Slimdel what date are u leaving? Wanna book emirates for 17th of august..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Goodmorning beautiful people, hope u had a splendid night rest? Wishing you all a wonderful day ahead. More medics and trvsssssssss in the house.Amen

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fejeerow(f): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Hi everyone, in filling the family information, do u recommend me putting all accurate information. Like in my house, there are 7children including me.. do i write all 7 or just some..I ask cos i worry if the large numbera of siblings will affect my aplication relating to finance. My father has the capability but what do u think..i was thinking of writing 4 names out of 6...u know the economic is hard oo as they say...it is my first timw applying so i need to be sure. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jezsie: 7:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Hello gurus in the house. Please is it true that the canadian immigration form is out.tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 03, 2014
fejeerow: Hi everyone, in filling the family information, do u recommend me putting all accurate information. Like in my house, there are 7children including me.. do i write all 7 or just some..I ask cos i worry if the large numbera of siblings will affect my aplication relating to finance. My father has the capability but what do u think..i was thinking of writing 4 names out of 6...u know the economic is hard oo as they say...it is my first timw applying so i need to be sure. Thanks
Are they all following you to canada?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2014
jezsie: Hello gurus in the house. Please is it true that the canadian immigration form is out.tanx
Canada immigration form?? Oga d form has no date of opening or closing, its always out. Google canada immigration commision n go tru dia website.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2014
fejeerow: Hi everyone, in filling the family information, do u recommend me putting all accurate information. Like in my house, there are 7children including me.. do i write all 7 or just some..I ask cos i worry if the large numbera of siblings will affect my aplication relating to finance. My father has the capability but what do u think..i was thinking of writing 4 names out of 6...u know the economic is hard oo as they say...it is my first timw applying so i need to be sure. Thanks
put all to avoid wahala in future.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jezsie: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2014
tanx but d fee is like wat.

emperoracro:
Canada immigration form?? Oga d form has no date of opening or closing, its always out. Google canada immigration commision n go tru dia website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.