Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610013 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
rawlizo:

I must say ur documents ar cool. But wit dis, just get a very gud SoP. Send 2 peeps here 2 peruse also. Refire, u may get a fairer VO dis ty. Sori abt wat happened. Pls just try agn. Its well.

I would send my SOP here so y'all can help diagnose it. I have a multiple start date so I'm thinking of refiring again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManTiger:
Pls, hope this won;t have any effect cos he will be given another tracking/application number. Vfs game me a link to mailed claiming its not from their end

He won't get another application number. One was generated for him when he paid online. So its still the same application number. Some peeps here had the same problem. They went back and did another biometrics and it reflected right away.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
ikillmods: @jtbaba @mantiger. Please what schools are u applying for And is it ug or pg studies.??
Its my lil bro, MUN, UG.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uceebee(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amefrica:
If I catch you ehn! angry
gavinmensah:
Am not like you, that relocated to oregun because of visa tongue

Hehehhehe!! Get a room, guys.... wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chatters:

He won't get another application number. One was generated for him when he paid online. So its still the same application number. Some peeps here had the same problem. They went back and did another biometrics and it reflected right away.
Thanks, feeling relieved!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ikillmods: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManTiger:
Its my lil bro, MUN, UG.
please what's the UG requirements abeg just gimme the detail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ikillmods: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Cos I tried brandon, and was told that they need a minimum of C5 for anyone who is applying from naija..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uceebee(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings: Those are the documents I submitted

Really sorry to hear about ur delay bro. Can I ask what you used as your home tie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
rawlizo:

I must say ur documents ar cool. But wit dis, just get a very gud SoP. Send 2 peeps here 2 peruse also. Refire, u may get a fairer VO dis ty. Sori abt wat happened. Pls just try agn. Its well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
PlayPays: CONGRATULATIONS @ Amefrica
PEI is waiting for you!
Hope you would mail to me what you'll bring for me.

My bro'.. Thanks so much for putting me through oo. I'm most grateful.

Whatever you want, sir --- I shall bring!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
uceebee:

Really sorry to hear about ur delay bro. Can I ask what you used as your home tie?

Whats Home tie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ikillmods: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
@just wise don't u sleep ni?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amefrica:

My bro'.. Thanks so much for putting me through oo. I'm most grateful.

Whatever you want, sir --- I shall bring!

Which levels now. Abeg reply my email now oga cat eye? Send me ur number asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
Can a good samaritan help me with this SOP please?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
uceebee:

Hehehhehe!! Get a room, guys.... wink

It's not bed-time! grin

Only you na badt men.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Which levels now. Abeg reply my email now oga cat eye? Send me ur number asap

My batteries went flat. I've replied ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by misturchris(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
dammycrane000:

Toronto or sarnia?

sarnia
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings I think you should state your programme duration in your school.so they will know how long you are staying for your studies.then remove "so help me God" you are not in a court smiley (the little I can help)

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uceebee(m): 11:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings:
Whats Home tie?

Home tie: an existing asset, business, employment offer, or even an inheritance, etc.
something that should convince the 'VO' you have no intentions to flee naija.

for example:

"Upon completion of my studies, I intend to return to my home country to ------------- (fill in the blanks)"

from ur SOP, you didn't state any.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings: Can a good samaritan help me with this SOP please?

Send me a PM. Maybe I can help to analyze it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings your first paragraph should be an introduction of yourself,because its an "application letter"/request.it be should all about you.
This first paragraph is like a written article and it should be straight to the point because you don't know how long the VO will read your letter or what the VO is looking for.it should be straight forward and direct on what you want smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
parisbluefox: Tell your bro to go and do it again. If possible he should pretend as if he's doing it for the first time. Delay is dangerous.

Thanks, we'll definitely do that.
All we just need is the same initial letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
uceebee:

Home tie: an existing asset, business, employment offer, or even an inheritance, etc.
something that should convince the 'VO' you have no intentions to flee naija.

for example:

"Upon completion of my studies, I intend to return to my home country to ------------- (fill in the blanks)"

from ur SOP, you didn't state any.

My dad is my home tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
lovelydamsel: LyfeJennings your first paragraph should be an introduction of yourself,because its an "application letter"/request.it be should all about you.
This first paragraph is like a writing article and it should be straight to the point because you don't know how long the VO will read your letter or what the VO is looking for.it should be straight forward and direct on what you want smiley

Sent U a PM. Kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 12:02am On Jul 24, 2014

Bro.

Sorry again for the TRV delay.

My 2kobo,

This SOP is quite Ok if one takes his/her time to read it. But I can understand if the V.O wouldn't take such time to read it well. Here is why:

1. A significant chunk of the content is your Curriculum Vitae in Prose form.

2. The good stuff, unfortunately is sandwiched within the above point.

3. As a result in the 3rd paragraph of your SOP, you stated that you have a degree in Guidance and Counselling after revealing your desire in the business and management field since you were young in the 2nd paragraph. There is a disconnect, a disconnect which normally an SOP should connect.

Ideas

1. Try and remove all the content stating your qualifications. It seems redundant since you already have a CV.

2. Concentrate on convincing the V.O why you chose the course (like you started in the first paragraph), the loopholes (gaps, reason for change of course pursed etc.) and the eventual benefit of the program to your country. (You did justice a bit to this but, like I pointed out 'sandwiched')

3. Go straight to the point! It's not how long but how well you write it.

I believe in you Bro. Fire again! #believeĀ 

(These points are from my own point of view, I may be wrong o)

Sleep Tyt smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 24, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Sent U a PM. Kindly reply

Replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MrArams: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2014

Bro, I'm also an alumnus of unilorin didnt meet u in school thou (entered 08).

There is nothing like 'I got my first degree in the 2007/2008 academic session', simply use 2008 and no need of academic session. same applies to your pgd program too, use the year you finished, 2014.

Those caught my attention. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 24, 2014
LyfeJennings:

My dad is my home tie

grin grin

Funny you!

---home ties could be; wife, child(ren), (inherited) lands, house, future employment, business, study leave (to return to ur work) etc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 1:16am On Jul 24, 2014
Amefrica:

grin grin

Funny you!

---home ties could be; wife, child(ren), (inherited) lands, house, future employment, business, study leave (to return to ur work) etc.

I submitted all of that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 1:17am On Jul 24, 2014
MrArams:

Bro, I'm also an alumnus of unilorin didnt meet u in school thou (entered 08).

There is nothing like 'I got my first degree in the 2007/2008 academic session', simply use 2008 and no need of academic session. same applies to your pgd program too, use the year you finished, 2014.

Those caught my attention. All the best

Na wa 4 ur eyes o. Even as I edit am,U still sabi the school. Thanks tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bjoseph: 1:17am On Jul 24, 2014
Pls House I need your view on this matter.

A friend of mine was arrested in UK for using false documentation which he was granted bail from the police custody after His finger print, DNA and Photo capturing was taken, and then asked to come back for further investigation, but he jumped bail and came to Nigeria- This was as a result of the fear that he might be deported or jailed. Now that his in Nigeria, He his planning to visit America or Canada with genuine intention.

The question now is:

1. Can this past UK's criminal history of my friend affects his Canadian or American Visa Application?
2. Does Canadian or American embassy verifies one's past immigration record in UK (through biometrics or finger print)

Please kindly assist with suggestion and contribution on what to do...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 1:19am On Jul 24, 2014
ElCapt:

Bro.

Sorry again for the TRV delay.

My 2kobo,

This SOP is quite Ok if one takes his/her time to read it. But I can understand if the V.O wouldn't take such time to read it well. Here is why:

1. A significant chunk of the content is your Curriculum Vitae in Prose form.

2. The good stuff, unfortunately is sandwiched within the above point.

3. As a result in the 3rd paragraph of your SOP, you stated that you have a degree in Guidance and Counselling after revealing your desire in the business and management field since you were young in the 2nd paragraph. There is a disconnect, a disconnect which normally an SOP should connect.

Ideas

1. Try and remove all the content stating your qualifications. It seems redundant since you already have a CV.

2. Concentrate on convincing the V.O why you chose the course (like you started in the first paragraph), the loopholes (gaps, reason for change of course pursed etc.) and the eventual benefit of the program to your country. (You did justice a bit to this but, like I pointed out 'sandwiched')

3. Go straight to the point! It's not how long but how well you write it.

I believe in you Bro. Fire again! #believeĀ 

(These points are from my own point of view, I may be wrong o)

Sleep Tyt smiley

Oga mi. Thanks sir. Please,I sent U a PM. Kindly reply sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.