Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610562 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2014
emperoracro:
Ok, u knw wat lets start here
1) Start using ur bank account as from dis month i.e mak reasonable deposits and witdraws periodically continuously
2) Search schools offering infotech n mak sure dey are on cic website
3) Compare the costs and pick the one dats ok for u
4) contact the sch n ask dem if the can accept u for direct masters in infotech wt ur cgpa in masscom
5) if dey arent replyin ur mails, i suggest u spare som money and call them
(Searching for sch is not dat easy, i will assist u a bit, though very busy,but will try)

pardon me for replyin late. Thanks

Oga Amefrica, Madam Slimdel, oga haustraliah pls assist dis guy o pls am begging
Am a lady oooo, married too.
Am planning to apply for study leave as home ties and also my marriage. Married without a kid yet but my husband is staying in Nigeria while I go.
Will do all u stated.

Thank you for assisting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2014
bjoseph: Pls House I need your view on this matter.

A friend of mine was arrested in UK for using false documentation which he was granted bail from the police custody after His finger print, DNA and Photo capturing was taken, and then asked to come back for further investigation, but he jumped bail and came to Nigeria- This was as a result of the fear that he might be deported or jailed. Now that his in Nigeria, He his planning to visit America or Canada with genuine intention.

The question now is:

1. Can this past UK's criminal history of my friend affects his Canadian or American Visa Application?
2. Does Canadian or American embassy verifies one's past immigration record in UK (through biometrics or finger print)

Please kindly assist with suggestion and contribution on what to do...
Alam2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MrsM: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2014
Good morning everyone! Please I need examples/template of sop. I'm going for pgd Human resource management. Kindly send me a format oooo. Thanks in advance! My email address is wealthvilleflp@gmail.com. Thank uuu.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Aulor(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2014
Hello house, pls can a Canadian Visa Application be made via paper route at the Abuja Office?, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2014
@emperoracro, sent memorial university a mail last week and ingot this response from them 3days ago.

Thank you for your inquiry. Admission to a program leading to a Master of Education in Information Technology requires a Bachelor's degree (second class or 70% average in last 30 attempted courses).

The deadlines for application are: September 15 for Winter (January) admission; and February 1 for Spring (May) and Fall (September) admission.

The program is offered via Distance.

Never heard of Masters of Education in Information Technology before ooo, don't even understand this. And its offered via distance learning. I don't think I can go with them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bjoseph: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2014
Meaning sir
ferdimako:
Alam2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2014
Aulor: Hello house, pls can a Canadian Visa Application be made via paper route at the Abuja Office?, thanks

If its student visa or visitors permit then it has to be in lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Travel History
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Purpose of visit
Your current employment situation
Your personal assets and financial status

Those are the reasons
Sorry for the delay. I suggest you should have come up with a convincing letter of intent to back your application up. The letter you uploaded in my own opinion looks like you are listing the documents that qualify you for visa rather than proofing how this document will be useful for your study trip.

Also,I feel the concluding part of your letter 'shows' a bit of desperation like you are really begging for it. It's cool to plead with the VO, but you should be diplomatic.
For instance you can simply conclude it like: My life's purpose statement is learning and giving it back to the society. I would be grateful if you could support me in my mission by granting me a visa to study in Canada, where I believe I could get the best education in the world.
Yours sincerely faithfully

I also think your SOP is too lengthy. It won't be a surprise to find the VO not reading it at all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2014
twaintoy: @emperoracro, sent memorial university a mail last week and ingot this response from them 3days ago.

Thank you for your inquiry. Admission to a program leading to a Master of Education in Information Technology requires a Bachelor's degree (second class or 70% average in last 30 attempted courses).

The deadlines for application are: September 15 for Winter (January) admission; and February 1 for Spring (May) and Fall (September) admission.

The program is offered via Distance.

Never heard of Masters of Education in Information Technology before ooo, don't even understand this. And its offered via distance learning. I don't think I can go with them.

Pls pardon me for referring to u as a guy, am so sorry ma.
Memorial offers M in education via one of their schools of education; but abt the issue of distance learning, pls confirm frm dem if its goin to be online or off campus,if its goin to b online, dem u dnt need a visa for it , and am pretty sure u want to study in Canada physically.
So check Waterloo university. And dia is a plateform for locating schools in canada on cic website its somewhere on this forum, let me see if i can get it for u.
Dnt be frustrated ma, searchin for sch isnt easy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oladoyinore: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Travel History
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Purpose of visit
Your current employment situation
Your personal assets and financial status

Those are the reasons

Those are the reasons[/quote]

Pls check if you filled the current Application for study permit outside Canada form, especially those who have downloaded the form b4 June 1st. The form as been changed and some information like school no, student no which were not there b4 added.

I think anybody that filled the old form will automatically be refused with all the available reasons been ticked.

Many people that applied b4 June initially and are now reapplying are prone to this error.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2014
emperoracro:
Pls pardon me for referring to u as a guy, am so sorry ma.
Memorial offers M in education via one of their schools of education; but abt the issue of distance learning, pls confirm frm dem if its goin to be online or off campus,if its goin to b online, dem u dnt need a visa for it , and am pretty sure u want to study in Canada physically.
So check Waterloo university. And dia is a plateform for locating schools in canada on cic website its somewhere on this forum, let me see if i can get it for u.
Dnt be frustrated ma, searchin for sch isnt easy.
Then memorial university is ruled out. As for the waterloo university, checked but no info tech. Am not frustrated but it ain't easy. Am highly optimistic though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gavinmensah(f): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2014
I thank God for his mercies around me and us. I want to finally say thank you to everyone that has contributed to my success story. I was denied once usa visa and 3rice canadian visa even with all my travel history

Slim,missbon, chatwitfees, and evryone that had said sorry or congrats to me God bless you all. Below is my journey to my TRv

Applied online June 13th friday
Biometric June 13th Friday
Medical instruction 9th July wednesday.
Medical done 14th July monday
Passport Request 18th July Friday
Passport submitted 21st July Monday
TRV 23rd July Wednesday

The lord will also do it for all expectant. and for everyone that says AMEN.

Merci

18 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:28am On Jul 24, 2014
lovelydamsel: Good morning, LyfeJennings waited for your response.just follow the guidelines Misbon posted.if you need any help just holla.all the best dear.

Thanks boo. Im working on it already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2014
gavinmensah: I thank God for his mercies around me and us. I want to finally say thank you to everyone that has contributed to my success story. I was denied once usa visa and 3rice canadian visa even with all my travel history

Slim,missbon, chatwitfees, and evryone that had said sorry or congrats to me God bless you all. Below is my journey to my TRv

Applied online July 13th friday
Biometric July 13th Friday
TRV 23rd July Wednesday

Merci

I'm hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by LyfeJennings(m): 11:32am On Jul 24, 2014
Hi everyone. Please I honestly do not use bank for most of my transactions. I do more of cash, I dont even get paid via banking system except it is very very important. Please I need someone to tell if it is extremely necessary I submit my statement of account as it would only do more damage. Kindly advise and how do I tackle the travel history that was ticked in the denial form?
I need y'all please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Patdeka(f): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2014
gavinmensah: I thank God for his mercies around me and us. I want to finally say thank you to everyone that has contributed to my success story. I was denied once usa visa and 3rice canadian visa even with all my travel history

Applied online July 13th friday
Biometric July 13th Friday
TRV 23rd July Wednesday

Merci

Congrats dear! All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gavinmensah(f): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Patdeka:

Congrats dear! All the best

Thank You
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2014

TRV 23rd July Wednesday

Merci

congrats, well deserved!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 11:58am On Jul 24, 2014
twaintoy: Then memorial university is ruled out. As for the waterloo university, checked but no info tech. Am not frustrated but it ain't easy. Am highly optimistic though.

Ok ma, check this link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gavinmensah(f): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
akanni:

congrats, well deserved!

Thanx you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Congrats @ Gavinmensa
Am tapping from u madam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
emperoracro:
Ok ma, check this link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp
Checking, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2014

TRV 23rd July Wednesday

Merci

Congrats ma'am.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
@ Twaintoy pls use dis page to locate an institution:
www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mykel12: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
MUN
ikillmods: Anybody here applying to university of manitoba, or memorial university here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
@ Mykel12 wassup wif u? U tried sending me a PM.

Mykel12: MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hello house,

Quick questions as usual! Lool wink

I travelled to Turkey in 2005, err I was about 14yrs of age then (I don't hide these things tongue). The travel info asked for on the Schedule 1 form was from 18 years of age, so here is the question: DO I NEED TO STATE THIS TRAVEL INFO ABOUT MY TRIP TO TURKEY IN 2005 (PROBABLY IN MY SOP AS AN INDICATION THAT I'VE BEEN OUT OF NAIJA AND I CAME BACK) AS PART OF MY TRAVEL HISTORY? I MEAN, THE PASSPORT SEF HAS BEEN EXPIRED FOR A LONG TIME NOW. LOL.

Yh I know I might not have to state it, and even if I don't, there's no way any1 would know about it. But its still travel history isn't it? wink.

Those who are afraid of asking aren't afraid of making mistakes. I'd like to have a perfect TRV application, so please let me ask as a little mumu and be very sure here, so I dont make any mistake with the application. (Err, didnt have to write all that I know, but just trying to fire any1 that wants to fire me!! cheesy cheesy undecided)

Forgot to add THANK YOU HOUSE!!! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mykel12: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
I actually need some information from you... I noticed u were accepted to MUN for this fall... how can i reach u (wouldnt mind getting your mail address) Thanks
parisbluefox: @ Mykel12 wassup wif u? U tried sending me a PM.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
I may not be able to check ur sop fast due to a tight schedule, but am sure peeps in the house will guide u. Pls renew ur passport, u need atleast a year validity on it. All the best
LyfeJennings:

God will carry one gallon of butter and nack your bread. I'm most grateful. I will write another SOP & share with U
Please,my passport is going to expire next year February, U think its gonna be fine if I apply again with it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by yemochi: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fhemmmy:

For a PGD, even if you have a Ph.D degree, it will not affect you, it is a program where they understand that someone wanna brush up with skill or pick up some skill and all that, however, for your own case, it should be ok cos you are already in that field with a degree in it already . . . But i will advice that you ave a good finances together with good purpose of travel as well as great tie to Nigeria cos they could see it as well as you wanna run, though that could be your intention, you cant allow them to know such. . . . Good luck

Thanks Oga Fhemmmy, your advice is well noted. Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thanks everyone for your concern, chatters,lovelydamsel,amefrica et al. i received a mail just now frm cic saying we have received your biometrics.
very very funny. just in time i just told the dude that we'll be visiting Lagos 2mao.

Thanks everyone.
Medical Call to follow IJN!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
bjoseph: Pls House I need your view on this matter.

A friend of mine was arrested in UK for using false documentation which he was granted bail from the police custody after His finger print, DNA and Photo capturing was taken, and then asked to come back for further investigation, but he jumped bail and came to Nigeria- This was as a result of the fear that he might be deported or jailed. Now that his in Nigeria, He his planning to visit America or Canada with genuine intention.

The question now is:

1. Can this past UK's criminal history of my friend affects his Canadian or American Visa Application?
2. Does Canadian or American embassy verifies one's past immigration record in UK (through biometrics or finger print)

Please kindly assist with suggestion and contribution on what to do...

I'm not sure about America -- but I'm certain about Canada! They can't verify!

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.