Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities (1412 Views)

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. / Acn Condemns Plan To Handmaritime Security To Private Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by figment232(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
tallbit: Private firm show interest In buying Federal Universities
Source pls b4 u get BANNED
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by figment232(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
tallbit: With this new system, either their parent have money or Not, the children will still go to universities, because it is no more the student parent who provide the source of money. It is the banks.
So who pays back the loan?

1 Like

Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Articul8(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Definitely d parents of d students or d students demslvs.
However,I dnt tink this is gonna b best 4 our education.D private firms will always b more concerned abt making enof profit,though dey may try to giv d best of standard bt its gonna b @ d expense of d expensive rate of getting educated.Mayb most of us will now attend colleges and nt universities.

Wα̲̅†̥ can our govt.den handle well? Nothing...y ar dey waving responsibilities? Big question!!!
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
The student pays back the loan in 20 years.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Intellectual Slavery
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Maximus17(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
this is sham! Whr z d source? Or was it just hearsay
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
You are going to allow private universities to have campus.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by youngmonie: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
tallbit: The way it will work is. You see the universities to private companies. And this private companies will meet banks to provide student loan to the student, because many nigerian cant afford to send their children to universities.

The new private owners of the Universities will negotiate with the banks to secure loans for their student when they get admitted. That way it free the government off the burden of the universities.

LOOOOL..you make me laugh and who will pay back the loan to the bank? The students?...when those that even graduated before them dont have jobs?..Trust me this loan thing will not go down well with Nigerian banks unless they have some form of collateral or backed guarantee that they will get their money back
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
It'd be great.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
The south is producing 3 to 1 , the number of Universities student than the North at the moment. So for the North to meet up. you are going to introduce loan system,.

Those student who cant pay back their loan are going to work for free for Nigeria govt for 2-3 years. You are going to cancel the NYSC.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by gramci: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Musiwa's Unilorin should be sold grin to save humanity cheesy
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
tallbit: Banks are going to give Each student N350,000 to N500,000 each per semester. It cover taken care of them.But they will pay this money , To the private companies who are the new owners.

Why many Nigerian dont want to build universities is because many parent cant afford to pay for this schools. But if you hand it over to private owners. And they secure loan from banks. So every child is granted a universities education either his parent have money or Not.

It also allow for new private universities because there will be more to take care of your needs.

I'm not following..I dont know if its me or your english.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
Walahi, we will shut down this country if such is even considered. Op you are obviously high of a comfortable life.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Musiwa I greet you.
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 1:43am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 1:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Private Firm Interested In Buying Federal Universities by tallbit: 2:03am On Oct 13, 2013

(1) (Reply)

2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan / Why Anambrarians Hate Rochas,ngige And Apc / Obasanjo Challenges Jonathan, Kashamu, Others To Go To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.