Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Manager Of Gas Station Booed Me On Wheelchair That Beggars Not Allowed -ayefele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Manager Of Gas Station Booed Me On Wheelchair That Beggars Not Allowed -ayefele (788 Views)

Mohammed Haliru Appears In Court On A Wheelchair (Photo) / Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair (Photos) / Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manager Of Gas Station Booed Me On Wheelchair That Beggars Not Allowed -ayefele by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2013

9ralife.com

Gospel Tungba Musician, Yinka Ayefele has spited the negative attitude of Nigerians and the Government to the disabled people.

Appearing on a live show with anchor Adeola Fayehun on SaharaTV in New York recently, Yinka Ayefele said poor administration of Government in Nigeria only affects the abled people lightly, but that a greater burden of bad government is on the disabled people.

“Firstly, for instance, we can’t compare the roads here in America with those in Nigeria, where it is not smooth for disable people to wheel their chairs on the bad roads”, Ayefele complained.

Regarding his most embarrassing moment however, Ayefele said he once had a flat tyre and had to wheel into a Gas station while waiting for his crew members to fix the affected tyre. He narrated that the Manager of the Station had immediately shouted at him that “we don’t allow beggars here, go away”.

Although, Ayefele said, the manager later found out it was him and apologized, but that it was so terrible an experience.

“It doesn’t even have to be Ayefele. So, even if it were another disable person, or even if I were there to beg, he didn’t need to have shouted at me that way”, the talented musician said.

“It shows the attitude of most Nigerians to disable people”, he added.

See video interview here >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hZ4RlPJt3Ac

>> http://9ralife.com/manager-of-a-gas-station-once-booed-me-on-wheel-chair-told-me-they-dont-allow-beggars-around-yinka-ayefele/
Re: Manager Of Gas Station Booed Me On Wheelchair That Beggars Not Allowed -ayefele by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
The manager of that gas station needs re-orientation about how to address people.
Smh 4 some shallow minded dudes

(1) (Reply)

Gov Chibuike Amaechi Appears Before Human Rights Commission / Countdown To Anambra Election. 8 Days To Go / APC Wooing IBB, Abubakar, Others, A Shame- Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.