Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,589 members, 7,840,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out (1055 Views)

12 Of 24 Kebbi Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Governor Dakingari / Kaduna State Governor Yero Rejects CAN Award. / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by vanstanzy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
A blogger, Abubakar Musa, has cried out for protection, alleging that he has come under intense death threats for writing a critical article on Governor Mukhtar Ramalan Yero of Kaduna State.
In a statement sent to the media, Musa stated that freedom of speech is now threatened in Kaduna State in view of the hatred of criticism of the governor by his associates.
As evidence, he cited various text messages in Hausa that he received from an anonymous number—08107875202—warning him from comments against Yero.
Musa said, “It is rather unfortunate that certain elements, at State and Federal levels, are bent on taking anyone that dares to ask questions or demand explanations regarding certain misadventures happening within their ranks. What we witnessed during the military era is fast resurfacing even as we claim to be practicing democracy. They’ve decided, in their usual manifestation, to attack the messenger rather than tackle the message.
“Within the faithful days of August 23rd to 25th, I wrote an article that was widely published and circulated by various platforms on the executive governor of Kaduna State, Ramalan Mukhtar Yero and his leadership style. While the article contained lots that the government should have cared to address, they’ve decided to throw spit at me. On Thursday, I received a call at about 10:30pm by a certain unknown number threatening to get me eliminated if I do not resist attacking their governor. Though the caller spoke in Hausa language, but I perceived a sense of deep literacy within his utters. Yesterday, Friday 11th October, 2013 at about 5:10pm, I got two text messages, one in English and the other in Hausa, threatening me as well (see pictures). Both messages confirmed what I was told by the caller the previous night. Initially, I was tempted not to report to any security agency because of the lackluster level of our security agents in handling investigative cases. But after consultations with various individuals, we decided to report to the nearest security outfit. Well, the threat was done, by whoever it was, to have me and my likes take our battle guns of challenging mediocre government down. But I will wish to inform them that the battle has just begun.”
Musa stressed that government is not supposed to be a personal affairs, and that citizens must ask questions.
“We must demand for answers and criticize, though constructively, we must not fail to do. My life belongs to no one but Almighty God, their threats and tactics of sabotaging progressive efforts will never work. I remain loyal and committed to seeing a responsible government that will have the interests of everyone at heart.”

Below is the article.
Source: http://okunammiri..com/2013/10/my-life-in-danger-over-article-on.html
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
grin grin Una be d same boko blood,72 toto det wait u for heaven embrace am. Na joke o. Abeg run go exile for syria o
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Stallion77(f): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
When u were writing u did not think that the person wey u write about go like wan aquaint imself with the author?
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by donphilopus: 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
Freedom of expression is useless in Nigeria.
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by cashkid18(m): 9:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
call dis num for ur private sercurity n protection frm d fear of d unknown:08109371965..cool cool
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Gboliwe: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2013
Lol. You think everybody is as tolerant and humane as the president abi?
Next time you will choose your words better
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by vanstanzy(m): 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
We r supposed to back this guy and standup for our right. Not like this.

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by nnanyereugo(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2013
vanstanzy: We r supposed to back this guy and standup for our right. Not like this.

i hereby back d guy and stand up 4 our right.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Ok
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Pattey(m): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2013
Apart from one comment, every other post is another classic demonstration of how majority of Nigerians deserve to suffer, and miserably too.

We all complain of corruption, bad governance etc but most of it, without proof. Someone however comes out, not in the usual fashion of talk like others, BUT ALSO exposes details that could undermine oppressors in the state.

Now, that person is being mocked by the thoughtless elements of NairaLand (and Nigeria) as usual. Biko, tell me why anyone else should expose rot in government?

Tell me why someone who didn't plan to join them in looting won't decide to join since after all, 'we will" all make fun of him 'for being stupid' to speak out?

With this negative disposition to issues affecting their own lives; Now, tell why the lot of senseless Nigerians deserve any better life than they currently experience?

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Gboliwe: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
People criticise government every second but while some are objective in doing that, the most of us do that with prejudice, bias and stoop so low as to insult and curse the government and nation as a whole. To such, I say once again, 'learn to choose your words' not everybody is as tolerant as Mr Jonathan Goodluck
Re: My Life In Danger Over Article On Governor Yero, Blogger Cries Out by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
na demdem

(1) (Reply)

Periscope Of Nigeria Politics / Boko Haram Can’t Disclose Its Source Of Funding – Sani / Intimidating Crowd As Pdp Storm Benin City,edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.