Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (13455 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by osifred(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
Please refer to the other thread on reason why you must go to a church.

While it is not a sin to church pr0stitue there is greater benefit to align yourself to one particular church for a certain period of time provided you are convince that it is a bible believing church.

The church serves many purposes, a church can't be much of help to you if you are not a full fledge commited member who is a unit. so don't judge them if they tend to attend to the needs of the committed ones than yours.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by DJDOLA(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Very bad 2 attend different church the only church JESUS no about is DJDOLA MUSIC MINISTRY....pls come wit ur family...u are bless as u come
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Vicjay1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Stick to one. Otherwise u will be confused. Some dnt allow jewelry, trousers for ladies, jeans for guys etc how are u going to copd if u their perceptions about d above tins are different?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by waja(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Vic-jay:
and the church is?
. Roman Catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by mmsen: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Attending various churches so as to hear different interpretations of the same lie is an interesting use of one's time.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Richy4(m): 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Go to any church you want to or better still a bible believing church that your spirit agrees with.there is no denomination in heaven. just do what you feel is right. prostitution because you want to nourish your soul with heavenly food

In Jesus days, he does not like the Pharisees due to so many rules; do not heal on Sabbath day, do not cook on Sabbath day etc. that is what religion does. but if you go way pass the religious angle, you will be fine. that Pastor is indirectly trying to put you guys in cage just like the pharisees.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Is it good changing husband. If its wrong then its very wrong changing church
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by adorable29(f): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
klenzjoshua: Is it good changing husband. If its wrong then its very wrong changing church
What an analogy! Smh!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by pendusky(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jake101: Vic-jay] and the church is? Catholic church.
i cn see mary worshipers claiming ther the 1st church on earth, SMH!!! i hav a question anyway, why did martin luther left to found lutheran church?

@op if u think wer ure worshiping will let u make heaven at last then no point leaving ther but if not, ure on ur own!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by franksunny(m): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
...looking onto jesus the author and the finisher of our faith. churches are irrelevant here. some of these ductring will take men to hell. those that said catholic is the first and the last church may be that will give them salvation, all the best to them. make we know say church no be building

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Castos(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Attend only the Catholic Church
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by smart134: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
italo: You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

Just know that Jesus founded only ONE Church. The others were founded by men.

Are u sayin dat dey is no God in order churches?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
They don't want you to share your tithe
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nuzo1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yet another scare tactics conjured up by the so-called MOGs.

They use this scare tactics to jail, milk and increase membership in their churches. But at the same time, they NEVER turn back the so-called church prostitutes back to their previous churches.

They try to back it up by saying "you will get confused". Confused about what? Dude, are you preaching from P.N Okereke physics text book? Or is it an indication that most MOGs have gone out of line with the true gospel of Christ?

Attending different churches enhances ones spiritual growth and lives you room to compare and re-evaluate your level and quality of belief.

The only disadvantage is on the church management. Volunteer/church workers going AWOL every now and then causes a lot disruption in church activities.
And one also gets to miss his friends as church these days are primarily a place for social engagements. Eg. Fashion show etc

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by scribble: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
i am a church prostitute and it is currently helping my spiritual life...some men of God have different gifts, i shop around for the impartation i desire

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by valicious1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
teeo: They don't want you to share your tithe
Very funny. And I doubt if christ ever mentioned anything about tithe payment throughout his ministry on earth.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by oyin01(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
italo: You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

Just know that Jesus founded only ONE Church. The others were founded by men.

what is the name of the church
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
What is this one saying?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by phtemie(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
It is not a sin but it's not ideal as it could have adverse effect on your christian faith considering the doctrinal differences among the churches of today.

Just as some people opined earlier on the thread,You could end up being confused.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by ideology(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
angiemartinez: Am seriously considering attending two churches becos my hubbys church is not helpn my christian life. I never had the tot of dividn my home buh i tink i just av to.
pls this is now very serious issue, it has caused problems in many homes, talk to your husband first and hear his opinion.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by creepsyme(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth
where in the bible is it written that catholic church is the first?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
We called it church, we use thesame bible as manual. Love The Lord your God and love your neighbor if you can do that the rest are just worldly things there is no sin in attending different churches.
Stop criticism preach the gospel win a soul and throw a party in heaven.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Yoney007(f): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Power bank is available in all capacities for your Smartphones(Blackberry,Android,Iphone,Samsung e.t.c) and gadgets(Ipad,Pda,Digital camera e.t.c).Get rid of "Battery too low for radio use. Available in all colours to suit your taste. Ping: 26C271CE for more information or call 08036965028 or email - akinlade.funmi@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by leadertext: 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Let's nt argue over it..d church has left d Building to the heart..dere nt wrong with it as long as its GOD's presence, after all wen we get to heaven noone will claim catholic or penticostal oranglican for will we nt be jugde by church we. Attended on earth..check out d muslims for instance,no mata were. Dey find dierselves dey pray in unity. Deres no catholic muslim or penticostal shit!! We all fuss about..be. Wise

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by creepsyme(f): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Youngzedd:

Taaaaaah.

Prove it
yea let him go ahead and prove it and also say where it is written in bible!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
I dnt c dat 2 b ryt because Christ is 1. Which eva church u go 2, d church is 4 God. Xo if u keep moving 4rm 1 church to another it's jst lyk u saying dat d Christ in 1 church is not enough nd dat u want 2 c d Christ in another church, dereby dividing Christ who is the head of the church. Remember that Jesus Christ is 'the word of God', xo if u go 4rm 1 church 2 another all in the name of hearing the word, u are saying that Christ is not enough in 1
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Vic-jay:
and the church is?
and the Church is Church. Any gathering of the saints. It's neither Catholic or Deeper Life, Methodist or Redeem. Celestial or Baptist.
Last Bullet:
Automatically, all Christians should be able to worship God under any roof. Although doctrines differ, but all na to Jesus. Any Church that doesn't recognise Jesus is a fake Church.
Moreover, need to clarify reasons why people worship in diff Churches. Some reasons are not cogent. Someone who rotates how he/she visits diff Church to see new things need to be counselled.
You can worship in more than one Church under certain situations like:
If you are not close to your known Church. This may be cos you v travelled to another place where your Church branch is not located. You can't say that you ll now travel long km back just to attend that your known Church. No be by force to worship there. You can visit a nearby Church.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by nikky5(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
Today you are in Redeemed.Next week you are in Celestial church.Next Sunday in Cherubin and Seraphin church and next sunday in Synangogue etc.You go tire.Not all churches are churches.The devil will like a person like that.Because he will see nothing wrong with the traditional religious worshipers too.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Xriss: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth

Sorry but I disagree with that...... I don't know the name of the first church or whether it had a name at all but I know churches (the gathering of brethren and not big buildings) existed and consistently met immediately after the death of Christ in peoples homes, underground at hill tops etc before the church and the world (roman state) got intertwined and that church lost its way
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by t12tosin: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
as for dem catholic church , no b dem cause all dis catacata for christiandom?
dictatorship
twisting the word of God
even to hoarding the bible,
lets not forget that during the middle ages, their was a decree that anyone caught with a bible must be put to death.
this decree came from the Roman Catholic Church in order to manipulate mankind.
lets not forget Islam is a product catholic misrule?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Xriss:

Sorry but I disagree with that...... I don't know the name of the first church or whether it had a name at all but I know churches (the gathering of brethren and not big buildings) existed and consistently met immediately after the death of Christ in peoples homes, underground at hill tops etc before the church and the world (roman state) got intertwined and that church lost its way
Belheve it or not. The CATHOLIC CHURCH is the first church. Your opinion on that does not matter, but anyway HEAVEN is THE GOAL

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Xriss: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
faby11:
Belheve it or not. The CATHOLIC CHURCH is the first church. Your opinion on that does not matter, but anyway HEAVEN is THE GOAL

If church is a building were mass (religious rites) are held then yes, Catholic Church is the first church however, if church is the gathering of believers then Catholic Church is hundreds of years behind the first church..... Depends on your perception of what a church is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Miracles By Ghana Fetish Priest Anokye Okomfo I Bet You Don't Know / What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? / Jesus Appeared To Chris Okotie At 3-years-old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.