Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (13352 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by igala1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth

But did Christ form a church, did he even form Christianity? To me he is the way. All faith are linked to him one way or another through the application of his true principles which emphasis is on brotherly love, relief and truth. Therefore no religion has the monopoly of a heaven
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
1 Cor4:15 "Though ye have 10,000 instructors,yet have ye not many fathers..." meaning though we have many Pastors,Yet JESUS IS THE LORD OF ALL....No matter where you worship just ensure Jesus is there and about whether to attend diff churches,I'd ask you a question ..."Do you sleep in diff houses"?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Beey(f): 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
valicious1: A preacher once termed it "religious pr0stituti0n and a detestable iniquity" but I for one see nothing wrong in attending two or more churches if you have the strength and zeal. I see it as being tutored on the same topic by two different lecturers, you have a wider and broader view on the topic at hand. I wonder what is sinful in going to two or more bible believing churches if you are certain you won't be confused?
You said you "see nothing wrong in attending two or more churches if you have the strength and zeal." I just see things from a slightly different perspective.Every relationship requires nurturing to reach its maturity.When you are given something,what do you give in return?Commitment is key for the growth of any kind of relationship.That's why I can't be married to 2 men at the same time.It's why I can't be friends with everybody because if am your friend,I got your back no matter what and that is commitment.You can't be married and not pay bills.You can't have a baby and not change diapers.Again,commitment.I can't join every church because I have to work ,give & support the church.That's the law of reciprocity, that if you wonna reap the benefits then you have to take responsibilities.There'sn't enough of me to be everywhere simultaneously.I can't be in every church because I take my commitment too seriously to spread it around loosely!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by mossy(f): 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
My issue with Catholism.;if u refuse to"honour" Mary(n d statues),.Worshipping JESUS may be impossible..not fair o
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by jeffoe(m): 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
undi-geh:

Me, I decided read history and I de read Google wel wel. Na true say Roman Catholic Church is the first religion on earth, even before Abraham was born.
In fact, history said it just remain small, the church for start b/4 Adam.
But it is believed the church was founded by Nimrod the the mighty hunter before God. (Gen.10:8-11)
You can also read the book called BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION by Ralph Edward Woodford, its a must read book, if u luv truth. De book go de any big Christian bookchop.

Sebi u say make we de read history, read Google, oya go ahead.
But e dey pay to search for truth especially those that have references to comet all the doubts. shocked shocked shocked
lol when doing a research back your claim with a Google link and you would fail. it just tells you Google answer are unreliable for real studies
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by satellitedaisy: 12:28am On Oct 21, 2013
Vic-jay:
and the church is?

Catholic of course, u know it
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 21, 2013
why would it be if the purpose is to serve God? lol

#sighs
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 21, 2013
I think d only 1 church we have z ur body cas d bible says ur body z d temple of God
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Oyenugachubby(f): 7:08am On Oct 21, 2013
U may attend diff. Churches but it is adviceable to attend one. Becos many church of todae are false churches.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Dahbutter(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2013
E
Oyenuga chubby: U may attend diff. Churches but it is adviceable to attend one. Becos many church of todae are false churches.

Ok, so the church u might be attending cannot be false? Or even if it is a false church its better to stay put in darkness becos of what people would say abi?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2013
For me its catholic or noting wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2013
For me its catholic or noting wink .
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by christiscomin: 9:04am On Oct 21, 2013
cherubim and seraphim, The apostolic church, Catholic, celestial, synagogues and seven days Adventists etc all make Christianity confusing. All I know is that Jesus is coming! Get prepared!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Valstresser: 10:04am On Oct 21, 2013
I think preachers also contribute immensely to the problems we hav among christians. they made the congregations believe dat once u ar not a member of dat church u r a non believer
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by youngice(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2013
the bible says clearly '........all this are permisible but not all things are beneficial....'
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by kckelechikc: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2013
Numero uuuno: he meant catholic,that's ITALO for you.
Nonsense, which Catholic, said by who? Those people that worship Mary status.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by kckelechikc: 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth
is that what ur Rev. fr. Told u. U better pursue salvation and leave church, if ur church can not change u, u better change ur church.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by enginexy10(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
@if you really want to knw which church you shd attend and if you still need to search churches PLS PLS PLS GET a copy of MANKIND SEARCH FOR GOD from any jehovah witness, infact you will come back here to thank me
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Polio: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
No, not wrong at all.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by adojohnsule: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
God is one, Jesus did not erect any church building, Christ is the head of the church, as long as you are attending a bible believing church you have not done anything wrong, because pastoral gifts are different, if the church you attend does not meet you need then you can move, AS LONG AS THE NEW PLACE IS UNDER JESUS.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by yommyuk: 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
To go to different church is not a sin but not good practice. It is better for a seed to be planted in one place (fertile ground) and allowed to grow than to be removed and transplanted. Same like uprooting a child from one school to another.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by ifenadi(m): 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
It is either catholic or noting.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:35am On Oct 22, 2013
Youngzedd:

Taaaaaah.

Prove it

What kind of proof do you want?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:37am On Oct 22, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
"As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it."- Genesis 9:7. And even the "church" too should be multiplied.

"The Church," not churches. ONE!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:43am On Oct 22, 2013
pendusky: i cn see mary worshipers claiming ther the 1st church on earth, SMH!!! i hav a question anyway, why did martin luther left to found lutheran church?

@op if u think wer ure worshiping will let u make heaven at last then no point leaving ther but if not, ure on ur own!!

There is no need to tell lies and insult Catholics.

How can you know who we worship more than us?

Martin Luther was not satisfied with some of the things happening in the Church but no one can know if thats the only reason he left.

You might want to know that Martin Luther had a devotion to Mary.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:45am On Oct 22, 2013
franksunny: ...looking onto jesus the author and the finisher of our faith. churches are irrelevant here. some of these ductring will take men to hell. those that said catholic is the first and the last church may be that will give them salvation, all the best to them. make we know say church no be building

The Church is not irrelevant.

The pillar and foundation of the truth (1Tim 3:15) can never be irrelevant.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:46am On Oct 22, 2013
smart134: Are u sayin dat dey is no God in order churches?

I am saying they were founded by men.

Only one was founded by God.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:48am On Oct 22, 2013
oyin01: what is the name of the church

The Catholic Church.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:51am On Oct 22, 2013
creepsy@me:
where in the bible is it written that catholic church is the first?

Not everything is written in the Bible.

Indeed nowhere is it written that Jesus asked the apostles to compile a book. "Bible" is not even mentioned in the Bible.

It was the Catholic Church that gave us the Bible.

Alleluia!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:55am On Oct 22, 2013
Xriss:

Sorry but I disagree with that...... I don't know the name of the first church or whether it had a name at all but I know churches (the gathering of brethren and not big buildings) existed and consistently met immediately after the death of Christ in peoples homes, underground at hill tops etc before the church and the world (roman state) got intertwined and that church lost its way

The Church never lost its way! Christ said he would be with it until the end of the age and the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it.

The Church is the same one that was called "Catholic" by St. Ignatius around 100AD.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 12:57am On Oct 22, 2013
t12tosin: as for dem catholic church , no b dem cause all dis catacata for christiandom?
dictatorship
twisting the word of God
even to hoarding the bible,
lets not forget that during the middle ages, their was a decree that anyone caught with a bible must be put to death.
this decree came from the Roman Catholic Church in order to manipulate mankind.
lets not forget Islam is a product catholic misrule?

LIES!
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 1:01am On Oct 22, 2013
Okeyson4wisdom: my friend pls stop saying such, many churches were planted even during the time of the apostles so stop referring to only one church.

"Away from me, you workers of lawlessness."

It was Jesus that said so.

There is only one Church!

All those "Churches" were ONE Church spread in different locations. They had one faith, one doctrine, one shepherd - Peter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Write the Bible In Pigin English! / Submit Your 2013 Prayer Request To TB Joshua Via Facebook!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.