Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow (2977 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 11:09am On Oct 13, 2013
chris_villa: OP,I GET WHERE YOU ARE HEADED BUH LEMME TELL YOU THIS

I KNOW SPIRITUALISM,I HAVE ALL I NEED AND ALL I WANT,I DONT REGRET LIFE FOR A SINGLE DAY

SATAN CONFIRMED GOD EXISTS(CLEAR THE DOUBTS)

IN LIFE,EVERYTHING IS TRADE BY BARTER(ACCORDING TO ME )

YOU DONT HAVE WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE WITH.

YOU CAN TRADE WITH SATAN AND GOD,THE MAIN THINGS IS HAVING SOMETHING TO TRADE WITH.

Why do you think a Preacher fasts?(to be able to do xtra ordinary things,same as killing to do the same xtra ordinary things(whichever one you chose)

Trust Me,whatever made you say that means you soul is wandering without cordinates.

you dont appreciate the world you live in and the brain behind it

I will help you go abit deep into philosophy and theology of life and how things work in the universe,then you will have to rethink and chose properly(not trying to convert you anyway)...PM ME IF INTERESTED,I WILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO A SECRET YOU MISSED

paste your link here if its sure for you...

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
They were Massacred many a times,their temples destroyed,Many of them taken into Captivity; which was Gods doing,and He himself said it:
Exodus 32:34 "But now go,lead the people to the place of which i have spoken to u;behold, my angel shall go before you.Nevertheless,in the day when i visit,i will visit their sin upon them"
Exodus32:35 "And the Lord sent a plague upon the people,because they made the calf which Aaron made
Reading further,you will see God sent fiery serpents that killed many of them..You will see where Jerusalem was destroyed,many jews destroyed,And they were taking into captivity==>all for disobeying God..
As merciful as God is,once His appointed time for a particular thing comes,He executes...He deals in the infinite,So like u,He doesnt bother about time...
Moonlight tales cry
philfearon:
They were Massacred many a times,their temples destroyed,Many of them taken into Captivity; which was Gods doing,and He himself said it:
Exodus 32:34 "But now go,lead the people to the place of which i have spoken to u;behold, my angel shall go before you.Nevertheless,in the day when i visit,i will visit their sin upon them"
Exodus32:35 "And the Lord sent a plague upon the people,because they made the calf which Aaron made
Reading further,you will see God sent fiery serpents that killed many of them..You will see where Jerusalem was destroyed,many jews destroyed,And they were taking into captivity==>all for disobeying God..
As merciful as God is,once His appointed time for a particular thing comes,He executes...He deals in the infinite,So like u,He doesnt bother about time...
Moonlight tales

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2013
Billyonaire: I see no sincerity in the OP; I see someone who is attempting to find answers to questions without the humility and temerity to listen.

There is no Being called God as Christianity depicts. The Universe is guided by Laws NOT God. You can not escape these Universal Laws but you can find a way to work with them.

These Universal Laws are guided by Energy, these Energy is what everything and nothing is. The totality of all Energy in the Universe is what we could term God, so God is simply put, ENERGY.

Compared the 'story' of creation to laws of energy:

"In the begining was the word, and the word was with God, and so was it at the begining, all things were made by him, and without him nothing was made that was made" . . . Now substitute "word" with energy' bearing in mind that ENErgy can not be created no destroyed but can change forms.

Energy was never created, can not be destroyed, just like your God in the Bible. So therefore, the Bible was written to create a being out of energy just for imagination.

Next time you get hurt and disappointed, the blame is on your folly to believe on the multitude's God. For me, such being, do not exist, but such energy does.
Your analogy is good....But then,who made those Laws that guide the Universe? Did the Laws just stand up one day and start working on its own?
In the human perspective,the laws that govern us today were put together by some people who thought it wise that if everybody should be allowed to exercise his original liberty and freedom,The world will be full of kios and Anarchy!!
If u have read the Social contract by the likes of John Locke,you will understand that Laws are created,because they dont exist on their own...Someone makes laws to control certain aspect of a thing...Infact,the main objective of every law is to "CONTROL".....
Just like humans made laws to control themselves,it doesnt occur to u that the Person who made the Universe has put certain Laws into place to Control His creation?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 11:13am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Your analogy is good....But then,who made those Laws that guide the Universe? Did the Laws just stand up one day and start working on its own?
In the human perspective,the laws that govern us today were put together by some people who thought it wise that if everybody should be allowed to exercise his original liberty and freedom,The world will be full of kios and Anarchy!!
If u have read the Social contract by the likes of John Locke,you will understand that Laws are created,because they dont exist on their own...Someone makes laws to control certain aspect of a thing...Infact,the main objective of every law is to "CONTROL".....
Just like humans made laws to control themselves,it doesnt occur to u that the Person who made the Universe has put certain Laws into place to Control His creation?

well, who made he who gave the laws?

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

What happens to prayers?
You have to first tell me the content of this Prayer you are talking About bro!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Foxy_Flow: I wanted to keep quiet initially but could not surpress the urge to air my view. Why would people blame God? Even as the so called atheist they profess to be. This is so ridiculous.

You put your trust in God you say. You sall all manner of things. You blasphem against God. You sin. You cheat. You lie. But yet God loved you. One thousand of you apply for a job, you get it. You think you are the most qualified? Think again.

I have worked in two organizations where I was/is the least qualified during the interview. All I did was ask God to take control, asked him for favour and then practiced what I had learnt. Those with bulky certificate files lost the job but it was given to me who came with only a CV. Isn't God wonderful?

I resigned from a job at the knick of time before the kano attack which claimed many lives. You don't call that luck, there is a spiritual force at work.

I left Kano for Kazaure a night before the post election violence. My people begged me not to go on a night journey that I should leave in the morning. My spirit kept telling me to go, made me restless until I left. The next morning, the same spirit came and told me to leave my house off campus and head into the school. There was no lectures. I dragged around until I finally got to school. As soon as I stepped into the school, all hell was broken lose outside the school. Do you call that luck or prenomition?

Come off it bro. Incidents around you should let you have a feel of an ever loving father in heaven who is ready to help you.

My mind never spoke to me. It was and still is the spirit of God. When I go against that spirit, I am met with problems. I have tried it severally and never liked the results. God exists, I am not proving it. I am only telling you and his love abides forever.

If you have a challenge, just call upon him in the days of trouble and he will answer you. Seek him now while he is near.

Peace be unto you bro. Your freewill is as a result of a loving father. But remember, everything is taken into records. When someone offends you without asking for fogiveness, you hold unto that offence to revenge later. Think about it Sir.

God bless you!!

Oga abeg no start on the job matter...

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 13, 2013
hey OP,GO FVCK YO SELF OR BETTER STILL GO FVCK LUCIFER

YOU KINDA MAKE THIS A DEBATE INSTEAD OF A SIMPLE DISCUSSION

MY MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
Then why were they killed
I will open a thread in this section to enlighten people on the Things about God they should know....
The Topic will be "TRACTATES 1: DETACHMENT"...
They were killed by their own iniquity....Its just like a Scenario where u were offered a job by two separate companies...The choice is left 4 u to choose the company to work 4...Now,after selecting the Company of ur choice,and it turns out u dont like the company again,their incentives,etc,Who wil u blame for ur current situation?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
I was about typing that,coincidence bro,before I had to thank God for saving from an accident that I was involved in,bt now i see it as coincidence.
Foxy,come to think of it,even those known as devoted christians still suffer,they live as if they are animals,finding it hard to eat a three-square meal,finding it hard to send their children to school,finding it hard to clothe themselves.
Can you explain this to me
And I won't be pleased if you start telling me that he is giving us a test!

Talk of my mum praying everyday for God to give me a job,testing my arse.

If you don't have contacts in the industry,relevant certification or job experience,getting a job will be challenging. No God is needed there simple and the earlier one conditions his mind and accepts reality the better. I seriously can't be bothered about god

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by macof(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2013
The christian god is an @$shole. But God really isnt the way Christians portray him. www.nairaland.com/1471401/great-verses-bible-christians-ashamed/2#1471401.85

These Christians worship a demon and claim they worship God

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
You have to first tell me the content of this Prayer you are talking About bro!!

My point is that prayer is of no use if you exercise freewill. Freewill means god doesn't intervene.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Yet,it is the most circulated book of all time...Why is that?
The books written by your genius',where are they?

Because it plays on the human psychology,our innate desire/ curiosity to answer the question, why are we here?

Basing the validity of the bible on its popularity, is the fallacy of ad-populum. Anyway even the bible said that broad is the way that leads to hell, so by your logic and bibilical injunction, Alpha's master Satan is the true God? Right?

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:31am On Oct 13, 2013
chris_villa: hey OP,GO FVCK YO SELF OR BETTER STILL GO FVCK LUCIFER

MY MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU

Wow, you are a complete disgrace to christianity sha

3 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 11:31am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
Bcoz' most people are ignorant of the fact that the bible didn't drop from heaven,it was written by some useless,idle beings!
And yet people are buying into its crap? We live in a world where everybody seems to be enlightened..But if u look at their source of Enlightenment,you will just laugh ur head out!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Wow, you are a complete disgrace to christianity sha

yea and you are a disgrace to satanism

God forgives but satan Dont

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

written by fishermen(the disciples), murderers (Paul), male chauvinists (Peter and Paul), cattle herders (Moses), and bunch of other jobless illiterates who wrote down their dumb thoughts...
And yet nobody believes ur Genius thoughts...Shouldnt it bother u?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by italo: 11:38am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
To express my feeling about the christian "god" !!! angry
After trusting him so much,never knew he could disappoint me,now I'm going to start all over,I will never believe in a god again. angry
Now I don't know what to do
Commit suicide?HELL NO.
angry

I was so stu.pid,foolish and silly for placing my mind and life on such a pre-assumed god!!! angry

How did you put your trust in him and how did he fail you?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 11:41am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
And yet nobody believes ur Genius thoughts...Shouldnt it bother u?

what thought is that? undecided
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2013
chris_villa:

yea and you are a disgrace to satanism

God forgives but satan Dont

I don't believe in Satan mate!!! If I wanted to believe in a super being,it should be God

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:46am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
I will open a thread in this section to enlighten people on the Things about God they should know....
They were killed by their own iniquity....Its just like a Scenario where u were offered a job by two separate companies...The choice is left 4 u to choose the company to work 4...Now,after selecting the Company of ur choice,and it turns out u dont like the company again,their incentives,etc,Who wil u blame for ur current situation?
What has that got to do with the canaanites masaccre I don't you...
They were killed by their iniquity,or your pre-assumed fake god wanted to conquer the land becoz of the richness of it...,a land flowing with milk and honey...
Wake up,bro! There is nothing to gain in christianity...

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2013
now i understand

is that a way of searching new disciples?

Do you know what God and satan do alike?

They hate blasphemy and you blasphemed against the two,you are rejected,go build ya own lonely hell

*little faith satanist* (is there something like that grin )smh
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by honeychild(f): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

remember in genesis when the children of god fornicated with humans? a
load of rubbish...

Ooman.... and some people will cite you as an example of an atheist who is more intelligent than religious people. grin grin grin
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2013

MY MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU
sad

MY MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2013
honeychild:

Ooman.... and some people will cite you as an example of an atheist who is more intelligent than religious people. grin grin grin

undecided
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 11:58am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
And who said I was looking for materialism,your post shows that you wanted to avoid the question,so you had to start blabbering.
The question was directed to foxy to answer to the crimes of the god u worship to tell us why people still suffer.
Anyway,If you know what happened to me for trusting your god,then you will understand it is more than chasing after materialism,
for your info bro,i'm nt after materialism,i'm comfortable and happy with my family
You dont have a strong Faith in God,thats why with a little obstacle,you are all about saying Your trust in God caused u something...Bro,like i said,if u want to enjoy God,you have to displease yourself...If you think u can please urself and please God,thats a Mistake...
If i go to the bible nw,u wil start attacking me,so i wil use a place of Work 4 example..
For u to be retained in a company's payroll,u must be a worker..For u to be retained longer,u have to be able to displease urself by waking up early everyday and going to work..You wil make sure that u obey every single rule in the company...The longer u stay in this company and work hard,u get increaze in salary,promotion and other incentives...
Now,you are getting all these becuz u are obeying the company's rule and instructions and the likes...But what happens when u dont obey them? You are fired....Your probability of being back is almost equal to zero...
Same with God..The more u stay in God,and obey Him,despite the obstacles,thats the more u grow in knowledge of Him and understand Him more..But unlike the company case,when u stop obeying God,he wil temporarily go out of ur way,but wil be hoping you come back to Him...If u eventually admit ur sin and go back to Him,He welcomes u wit open arms,and then just like in humans,you wil realise just how much u have missed Him in ur life...
If u expect that trusting in God means that things will be rosy for u,that means u started off on the wrong note...Many people have died preaching about him..Many were killed,beheaded,cruxified,thrown into burning oil,thrown into burning furnace...Why do u think He allowed them die when He can save them? The thing is,there is nothing here on earth.....Everything here is vanity....You have Asha200 today,tomorrow Asha305 wil come out,and ur interest in Asha200 wil subside...We want to look gud,appear wel and doing b4 family members and society,and all that....You build a house with 10rooms,yet u sleep in one room,in a particular corner of the room...All is vanity....But then,u die,the flesh u are labouring all this earthly things for,will get devoured by terminates within weeks,and none of ur accumulated wealth wil be buried with u.....Whats the gain?....
When u decide to look past this life,thats when u wil start appreciating the Essence of God in ur life!! One luv..
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:

Do you know the meaning of "annihilation"?

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

well, who made he who gave the laws?
If u make it at the end of time,when The People of God will see God,then You pose this ur question to Him!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Talk of my mum praying everyday for God to give me a job,testing my arse.

If you don't have contacts in the industry,relevant certification or job experience,getting a job will be challenging. No God is needed there simple and the earlier one conditions his mind and accepts reality the better. I seriously can't be bothered about god
Oh yeah,you will surely be bothered about God someday...You will remember this statement,and remember the name too philfearon
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

My point is that prayer is of no use if you exercise freewill. Freewill means god doesn't intervene.
Except if you want Him to Intervene, which is still part of your exercise of Your Free Will
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Because it plays on the human psychology,our innate desire/ curiosity to answer the question, why are we here?

Basing the validity of the bible on its popularity, is the fallacy of ad-populum. Anyway even the bible said that broad is the way that leads to hell, so by your logic and bibilical injunction, Alpha's master Satan is the true God? Right?
So why are You Here? Where do you go from here?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
You dont have a strong Faith in God,thats why with a little obstacle,you are all about saying Your trust in God caused u something...Bro,like i said,if u want to enjoy God,you have to displease yourself...If you think u can please urself and please God,thats a Mistake...
If i go to the bible nw,u wil start attacking me,so i wil use a place of Work 4 example..
For u to be retained in a company's payroll,u must be a worker..For u to be retained longer,u have to be able to displease urself by waking up early everyday and going to work..You wil make sure that u obey every single rule in the company...The longer u stay in this company and work hard,u get increaze in salary,promotion and other incentives...
Now,you are getting all these becuz u are obeying the company's rule and instructions and the likes...But what happens when u dont obey them? You are fired....Your probability of being back is almost equal to zero...
Same with God..The more u stay in God,and obey Him,despite the obstacles,thats the more u grow in knowledge of Him and understand Him more..But unlike the company case,when u stop obeying God,he wil temporarily go out of ur way,but wil be hoping you come back to Him...If u eventually admit ur sin and go back to Him,He welcomes u wit open arms,and then just like in humans,you wil realise just how much u have missed Him in ur life...
If u expect that trusting in God means that things will be rosy for u,that means u started off on the wrong note...Many people have died preaching about him..Many were killed,beheaded,cruxified,thrown into burning oil,thrown into burning furnace...Why do u think He allowed them die when He can save them? The thing is,there is nothing here on earth.....Everything here is vanity....You have Asha200 today,tomorrow Asha305 wil come out,and ur interest in Asha200 wil subside...We want to look gud,appear wel and doing b4 family members and society,and all that....You build a house with 10rooms,yet u sleep in one room,in a particular corner of the room...All is vanity....But then,u die,the flesh u are labouring all this earthly things for,will get devoured by terminates within weeks,and none of ur accumulated wealth wil be buried with u.....Whats the gain?....
When u decide to look past this life,thats when u wil start appreciating the Essence of God in ur life!! One luv..

In your analogy of a work place, I believe the employer is God, the employee humans right? Job description will be our duty to God abi?

But before I go further, who is Satan in the anology? Where would you classify temptations?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Jesus Were Alive Today He Will Be Declared WANTED For The Following (pics) / POLL: Who Is Your Favourite Nairaland Religion Personality For The Year 2009? / The Truth About Mother Teresa: Debunking The Myths.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.