Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow (2980 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by PastorOluT(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Op, Satan is very happy with you.

I have looked in the Book of Hades and your name is not there. We currently trying to get you included but Yahweh has to first cancel it from his book. Don't worry, we will take care of all correspondences. Just enjoy yourself. Congratulations for freeing yourself from Yahweh.

@op can u see where u are headed?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon: Too much Movies!! The outcome of Free will...
Many humans dont even recognise the fact that outside Life,free Will is the greatest Gift God gave to mankind...
You see bro,God apart,whatever made u to start blaming Someone else for ur misfortunes shows just Weak-willed u are..A strong will alwaz learns how to overcome,and not sit in ur couch and accuse somebody u dnt see 4 ur troubles...
So,if i may ask u,How is God the cause of ur Problems?
Bro,if u are smart enough,u wil realise that life does nt give u everything u wish for...Life is only and alwaz Sweet and Wonderful in the Movies only,not in reality...But the goodnews is that life is temporal,so u should be concerned more about where ur soul will go to after you die...
This might be part of ur life trial,bt u are already failing by making accusing fingers..When you Read the Book Of Job or the story of Jabez,you wil realise ur case is a childs play.....Cheers bro,take a pill..Whatever is the problem will surely go away,cuz Change is the only Permanent thing in Life..
Since u have once believed that God exists,you will now be in self-inflicted denial and delusion to start believing He doesnt exist again..
You have to understand that Being in talking terms with God means that u wil be displeasing urself most of the time to Please God..You must be ready to displease urself,let go of those lifestyles that doesnt Give Him Glory...Well,if u think u can be living an unworthy life and still be expecting Great things from God,am sorry bro,it doesnt work that Way!!
But one thing i am 100% sure is that if u follow Gods simple instructions,you will be a happy person,regardless of the fact u are rich or Poor...This is a Being Who has Billions of angels at His beck and call!!
I will advice u to go and read the Book of Ecclesiastes and the Book of Proverbs in the Bible...They are Words of Wisdom...
Jeremiah 33:
2--"Thus says the Lord who made the world,the Lord who formed it to establish it - The Lord is His name".
3--"Call to me,and i will answer you,and will tell you Great and hidden things which you have not known"
I don't like being referred to some silly book you guys call bible,JOB
As I said earlier,the bible was written by some drunk,old,uneducated,poor,unfortunate idiots angry

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:36am On Oct 13, 2013
Kandaha: People have gone through worse things than u am sure of it & they haven't opened
Their Mouths to say such. Bros be careful!!!
So what is the essence of this wack post angry

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by SorayaCarvalho(f): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Op, Satan is very happy with you.

I have looked in the Book of Hades and your name is not there. We currently trying to get you included but Yahweh has to first cancel it from his book. Don't worry, we will take care of all correspondences. Just enjoy yourself. Congratulations for freeing yourself from Yahweh.

are you God's personal assistant?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
So what is the essence of this wack post angry

They want to frighten you. Don't worry. Your protection is on ots way.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Soraya-Carvalho:

are you God's personal assistant?

I am a humble servant.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by SorayaCarvalho(f): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I am a humble servant.

then why are you speaking on his behalf? Let him do his own job, that's of judging the op... lipsrsealed
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

ok, what about all other people, xtians alike who died in the riot?

Dont flatter yourself, what happened to you was mere coincidence...
I was about typing that,coincidence bro,before I had to thank God for saving from an accident that I was involved in,bt now i see it as coincidence.
Foxy,come to think of it,even those known as devoted christians still suffer,they live as if they are animals,finding it hard to eat a three-square meal,finding it hard to send their children to school,finding it hard to clothe themselves.
Can you explain this to me
And I won't be pleased if you start telling me that he is giving us a test!

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 9:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Woman, have you killed somebody before? See how you just easily say the wiping out of a people is justified.

So are you saying that God is justified in wiping out Nigeria since it is infected with widespread corrutpion? If some people in a country are corrupt, does that mean that everyone (including childen) are corrupt?

The indians have been worshipping other gods long before Canaanites and co....why did God not wipe them out?

Even the isrealites at a time were not worshipping Yaweh. Why didnt he wipe them out?

Did the isrealites not engage in similar atrocities? Did they not engage in human sacrifice and genocides? Are you a slave to the isrealites?

Woman, use your brain
You are very Wrong bro...Isrealites are the Most Punished People by God in History....A look into the Bible will clear you of this error!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 13, 2013
undecided
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Soraya-Carvalho:

then why are you speaking on his behalf? Let him do his own job, that's of judging the op... lipsrsealed

Far be it from me that I speak on His behalf. He speaks to me, and I obey.

I just told the op his situation. That's all.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
You are very Wrong bro...Isrealites are the Most Punished People by God in History....A look into the Bible will clear you of this error!

WRONG!

They were never annihilated. Try again

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:08am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
I was about typing that,coincidence bro,before I had to thank God for saving from an accident that I was involved in,bt now i see it as coincidence.
Foxy,come to think of it,even those known as devoted christians still suffer,they live as if they are animals,finding it hard to eat a three-square meal,finding it hard to send their children to school,finding it hard to clothe themselves[b]Can you explain this to me[/b]

Maybe they didn't pay enough tithe to the maker of tithes. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by FoxyFlow(m): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2013
T. Anon...

You did not die in a car crash. You call it a coincidence? When something happens once, it is called an incident. When it repeats itself in the same pattern, humans call it a coincidence. What if it happens regularly?

I believe deep within me that you are so much afraid of spiritual things. You are scared of being harmed through diabolic means yet you say God doesn't exist. None has used a foul language on you since you started this argument. This should show you that our Lord wants peace and not war.

You can't say same if you are in the other religion. There are some things you can't say. You will be slaughtered. Here, you abuse, profane and yet none replied you in like manner. You are left to answer to God.

You should think all these things.

Talking about some Christians being poor and hardly feeding 3 times daily you should check the bible. It says, ''The poor will always remain with you''. When you understand the scripture and as a rich man, you don't give out alms and help those in need, then you are left for God to judge.

God helps us through humans. Those we can relate with. Jesus had to come in a human form. If he had come in his heavenly for, I dare say, none would have had the courage to come close to him.

Search the scriptures bro for in them are lies the matters of life.

Another thing, I believe something somewhere altered your thinking. You thought you have found enlightenment. Such are those whose heart are not grounded in the truth. The parable of the farmer shed more light on this. Those seed that were sown among thorns.

Peace bro!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by FoxyFlow(m): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Maybe they didn't pay enough tithe to the maker of tithes. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I got the sarcasm here. Atheists now use tithes as a foundation for arguments...
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Look at this xtian intelligence answer.

Did you create your pet in your own image and likeness? Do you have conversations with your pet? Did you ask your pet to murder other pets? Have you killed any member of your family in order to save your pet from a mistake you made?

Stupid analogy.
Stu.p.i.d analysis! Did u create this Pet u are talking about? where u there when the pet was even given birth to? Its just a pet,but with time,a sort of communication wil start wit u and the pet{a dog for example}...The example u gave is nt in relation to this Discourse....
Anyway,b4 u start attacking me,there is thread on this Religion Section "Aborisha something...........by Macof"......
He says ur dad{Satan} does nt exist...So,please Go there and help me tell the guy about Your lord and Master,Satan..
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
So someone commits crimes like the Canaanites,all I have to do is kill him,and I will go to heaven

Why can't he just change their mind,why couldn't he change their lifestyle instead of killing them(do you know there were young children who knew nothing about this and yet they were killed) angry
Change their mind u say? What happens to Free Will?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2013
I see no sincerity in the OP; I see someone who is attempting to find answers to questions without the humility and temerity to listen.

There is no Being called God as Christianity depicts. The Universe is guided by Laws NOT God. You can not escape these Universal Laws but you can find a way to work with them.

These Universal Laws are guided by Energy, these Energy is what everything and nothing is. The totality of all Energy in the Universe is what we could term God, so God is simply put, ENERGY.

Compared the 'story' of creation to laws of energy:

"In the begining was the word, and the word was with God, and so was it at the begining, all things were made by him, and without him nothing was made that was made" . . . Now substitute "word" with energy' bearing in mind that ENErgy can not be created no destroyed but can change forms.

Energy was never created, can not be destroyed, just like your God in the Bible. So therefore, the Bible was written to create a being out of energy just for imagination.

Next time you get hurt and disappointed, the blame is on your folly to believe on the multitude's God. For me, such being, do not exist, but such energy does.

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:24am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Stu.p.i.d analysis! Did u create this Pet u are talking about? where u there when the pet was even given birth to? Its just a pet,but with time,a sort of communication wil start wit u and the pet{a dog for example}...The example u gave is nt in relation to this Discourse....
Anyway,b4 u start attacking me,there is thread on this Religion Section "Aborisha something...........by Macof"......
He says ur dad{Satan} does nt exist...So,please Go there and help me tell the guy about Your lord and Master,Satan..

Satan have absolutely no problem with those that believe He doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:

What happens to prayers?

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
I don't like being referred to some silly book you guys call bible,JOB
As I said earlier,the bible was written by some drunk,old,uneducated,poor,unfortunate idiots angry
Yet,it is the most circulated book of all time...Why is that?
The books written by your genius',where are they?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by frank317: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2013
Foxy_Flow: T. Anon...

You did not die in a car crash. You call it a coincidence? When something happens once, it is called an incident. When it repeats itself in the same pattern, humans call it a coincidence. What if it happens regularly?

I believe deep within me that you are so much afraid of spiritual things. You are scared of being harmed through diabolic means yet you say God doesn't exist. None has used a foul language on you since you started this argument. This should show you that our Lord wants peace and not war.

You can't say same if you are in the other religion. There are some things you can't say. You will be slaughtered. Here, you abuse, profane and yet none replied you in like manner. You are left to answer to God.

You should think all these things.

Talking about some Christians being poor and hardly feeding 3 times daily you should check the bible. It says, ''The poor will always remain with you''. When you understand the scripture and as a rich man, you don't give out alms and help those in need, then you are left for God to judge.

God helps us through humans. Those we can relate with. Jesus had to come in a human form. If he had come in his heavenly for, I dare say, none would have had the courage to come close to him.

Search the scriptures bro for in them are lies the matters of life.

Another thing, I believe something somewhere altered your thinking. You thought you have found enlightenment. Such are those whose heart are not grounded in the truth. The parable of the farmer shed more light on this. Those seed that were sown among thorns.

Peace bro!

I can I ask u a simple question, if u were in a car crash and ur only son dies while u remain alive, be sincere to urself, would u give to God for saving u.
I think thinking that God rescued u from accident while allowing others to die is a downplay of human selfishness. U choose to neglect that others die because u don't know them. So it does not matter, what matters is that u are alive. I lost my fiance in a ghastly motor accident and cried my heart out. Do u know how mad I was whn someone who survived the accident gave testimony and thankd god for saving life. Well for evry time u are glad to god for giving a job or saving ur life, remember dat millions are unhappy for that same event.
It seems the bible did very well in covering its own asss. But the reality is that people r going thru hell, be it christians and non christians and at a time they can't help but wonder what the helll is going on.

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by FoxyFlow(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2013
frank3.16:

I can I ask u a simple question, if u were in a car crash and ur only son dies while u remain alive, be sincere to urself, would u give to God for saving u.
I think thinking that God rescued u from accident while allowing others to die is a downplay of human selfishness. U choose to neglect that others die because u don't know them. So it does not matter, what matters is that u are alive. I lost my fiance in a ghastly motor accident and cried my heart out. Do u know how mad I was whn someone who survived the accident gave testimony and thankd god for saving life. Well for evry time u are glad to god for giving a job or saving ur life, remember dat millions are unhappy for that same event.
It seems the bible did very well in covering its own asss. But the reality is that people r going thru hell, be it christians and non christians and at a time they can't help but wonder what the helll is going on.

Did you stop believing in God?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
Foxy,come to think of it,even those known as devoted christians still suffer,they live as if they are animals,finding it hard to eat a three-square meal,finding it hard to send their children to school,finding it hard to clothe themselves.
Can you explain this to me
Now i understand where you are coming from...Materialism,thats ur problem...Much tinz are better than those silly things u stated above...
You can make it in life without going to school,why is that?
You go to school,while illiterates rule u? Isnt it a pity? At the end of the day,u are stuck at home,opening hundreds of threads in Nairaland,ranting about unemployment....
Bro,nobody who worships God in truth and in Spirit lacks!! Quote me anywhere!!
They might not be as wealthy as Dangote,but the little they have will always be enough for them,and they are happy....
If u think that eating a three square meal or sending ur children to school makes u a Rich man,you are a f.o.ol of the highest magnitude{no insults intended,just emphasis on the "fo.o.l"}....
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:50am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Then why were they killed
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Now i understand where you are coming from...Materialism,thats ur problem...Much tinz are better than those silly things u stated above...
You go to school,while illiterates rule u? Isnt it a pity? At the end of the day,u are stuck at home,opening hundreds of threads in Nairaland,ranting about unemployment....
They might not be as wealthy as Dangote,but the little they have will always be enough for them,and they are happy....
If u think that eating a three square meal or sending ur children to school makes u a Rich man,you are a f.o.ol of the highest magnitude{no insults intended,just emphasis on the "fo.o.l"}....

mumu

3 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Yet,it is the most circulated book of all time...Why is that?
The books written by your genius',where are they?
Bcoz' most people are ignorant of the fact that the bible didn't drop from heaven,it was written by some useless,idle beings!

1 Like

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

WRONG!

They were never annihilated. Try again
They were Massacred many a times,their temples destroyed,Many of them taken into Captivity; which was Gods doing,and He himself said it:
Exodus 32:34 "But now go,lead the people to the place of which i have spoken to u;behold, my angel shall go before you.Nevertheless,in the day when i visit,i will visit their sin upon them"
Exodus32:35 "And the Lord sent a plague upon the people,because they made the calf which Aaron made
Reading further,you will see God sent fiery serpents that killed many of them..You will see where Jerusalem was destroyed,many jews destroyed,And they were taking into captivity==>all for disobeying God..
As merciful as God is,once His appointed time for a particular thing comes,He executes...He deals in the infinite,So like u,He doesnt bother about time...
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ooman(m): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
Bcoz' most people are ignorant of the fact that the bible didn't drop from heaven,it was written by some useless,idle beings!

written by fishermen(the disciples), murderers (Paul), male chauvinists (Peter and Paul), cattle herders (Moses), and bunch of other jobless illiterates who wrote down their dumb thoughts...

2 Likes

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2013
OP,I GET WHERE YOU ARE HEADED BUH LEMME TELL YOU THIS

I KNOW SPIRITUALISM,I HAVE ALL I NEED AND ALL I WANT,I DONT REGRET LIFE FOR A SINGLE DAY

SATAN CONFIRMED GOD EXISTS(CLEAR THE DOUBTS)

IN LIFE,EVERYTHING IS TRADE BY BARTER(ACCORDING TO ME )

YOU DONT HAVE WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE WITH.

YOU CAN TRADE WITH SATAN AND GOD,THE MAIN THINGS IS HAVING SOMETHING TO TRADE WITH.

Why do you think a Preacher fasts?(to be able to do xtra ordinary things,same as killing to do the same xtra ordinary things(whichever one you chose)

Trust Me,whatever made you say that means you soul is wandering without cordinates.

you dont appreciate the world you live in and the brain behind it

I will help you go abit deep into philosophy and theology of life and how things work in the universe,then you will have to rethink and chose properly(not trying to convert you anyway)...PM ME IF INTERESTED,I WILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO A SECRET YOU MISSED
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by SorayaCarvalho(f): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2013
Can I pm you too?

chris_villa: OP,I GET WHERE YOU ARE HEADED BUH LEMME TELL YOU THIS

I KNOW SPIRITUALISM,I HAVE ALL I NEED AND ALL I WANT,I DONT REGRET LIFE FOR A SINGLE DAY

SATAN CONFIRMED GOD EXISTS(CLEAR THE DOUBTS)

IN LIFE,EVERYTHING IS TRADE BY BARTER(ACCORDING TO ME )

YOU DONT HAVE WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE WITH.

YOU CAN TRADE WITH SATAN AND GOD,THE MAIN THINGS IS HAVING SOMETHING TO TRADE WITH.

Why do you think a Preacher fasts?(to be able to do xtra ordinary things,same as killing to do the same xtra ordinary things(whichever one you chose)

Trust Me,whatever made you say that means you soul is wandering without cordinates.

you dont appreciate the world you live in and the brain behind it

I will help you go abit deep into philosophy and theology of life and how things work in the universe,then you will have to rethink and chose properly(not trying to convert you anyway)...PM ME IF INTERESTED,I WILL GIVE YOU A LINK TO A SECRET YOU MISSED
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
And who said I was looking for materialism,your post shows that you wanted to avoid the question,so you had to start blabbering.
The question was directed to foxy to answer to the crimes of the god u worship to tell us why people still suffer.
Anyway,If you know what happened to me for trusting your god,then you will understand it is more than chasing after materialism,
for your info bro,i'm nt after materialism,i'm comfortable and happy with my family

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo' s Christianity / A Photo Of Barack Obama Singing Hymn In A Church On Easter Sunday / ⚫⚫After the first rapture the second coming of Jesus is Going To be The Last Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.