Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow (2979 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
ooman:

what thought is that? undecided
You tell me..aren't they ur thoughts?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
What has that got to do with the canaanites masaccre I don't you...
They were killed by their iniquity,or your pre-assumed fake god wanted to conquer the land becoz of the richness of it...,a land flowing with milk and honey...
Wake up,bro! There is nothing to gain in christianity...
And stop erring saying they were massacred!! They went to a war thinking their gods can save them,but their gods met a Mightier God,and shut still,and the Mightier Gods people Defeated them in a war..How is that Massacre?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
You dont have a strong Faith in God,thats why with a little obstacle,you are all about saying Your trust in God caused u something...Bro,like i said,if u want to enjoy God,you have to displease yourself...If you think u can please urself and please God,thats a Mistake...
If i go to the bible nw,u wil start attacking me,so i wil use a place of Work 4 example..
For u to be retained in a company's payroll,u must be a worker..For u to be retained longer,u have to be able to displease urself by waking up early everyday and going to work..You wil make sure that u obey every single rule in the company...The longer u stay in this company and work hard,u get increaze in salary,promotion and other incentives...
Now,you are getting all these becuz u are obeying the company's rule and instructions and the likes...But what happens when u dont obey them? You are fired....Your probability of being back is almost equal to zero...
Same with God..The more u stay in God,and obey Him,despite the obstacles,thats the more u grow in knowledge of Him and understand Him more..But unlike the company case,when u stop obeying God,he wil temporarily go out of ur way,but wil be hoping you come back to Him...If u eventually admit ur sin and go back to Him,He welcomes u wit open arms,and then just like in humans,you wil realise just how much u have missed Him in ur life...
If u expect that trusting in God means that things will be rosy for u,that means u started off on the wrong note...Many people have died preaching about him..Many were killed,beheaded,cruxified,thrown into burning oil,thrown into burning furnace...Why do u think He allowed them die when He can save them? The thing is,there is nothing here on earth.....Everything here is vanity....You have Asha200 today,tomorrow Asha305 wil come out,and ur interest in Asha200 wil subside...We want to look gud,appear wel and doing b4 family members and society,and all that....You build a house with 10rooms,yet u sleep in one room,in a particular corner of the room...All is vanity....But then,u die,the flesh u are labouring all this earthly things for,will get devoured by terminates within weeks,and none of ur accumulated wealth wil be buried with u.....Whats the gain?....
When u decide to look past this life,thats when u wil start appreciating the Essence of God in ur life!! One luv..
Who said I didn't misplease myself to please him
It seems like this christianity philosophy has sunk deep into your skull?
For a god to prove he is alive,he has to reaffirm hope in followers-but you christians still believe if you have an obstacle,pray and if he doesn't answer,you conclude god's will is the best.
What is god's will
Do you wanna tell me that Oyedepo buying 4 private jets is god's will?
Or Adeboye climbing the pulpit every sunday shouting Halleluyah,whereas paying huge money on luxuries of a jet,where countless of unemployed youth are in his church?
Is that what you call the will of god?

WHAT A gOD!!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

In your analogy of a work place, I believe the employer is God, the employee humans right? Job description will be our duty to God abi?

But before I go further, who is Satan in the anology? Where would you classify temptations?
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
For a god to prove he is alive,he has to reaffirm hope in followers-but you christians still believe if you have an obstacle,pray and if he doesn't answer,you conclude god's will is the best.
What is god's will
Or Adeboye climbing the pulpit every sunday shouting Halleluyah,whereas paying huge money on luxuries of a jet,where countless of unemployed youth are in his church?

WHAT A gOD!!!

In the end atheist or not, lashing out in this manner in the face of adversity will lead you no where. There is no utopia in being religious or not, but always believing in oneself,communual leaving with family and friends is necessary to see one through hard times.

Lastly tough times don't last,tough people do.

There is a time and season for everything,atheist or not if you keep working,and focus your energy on carving out a better life,surely you'll make it.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
And stop erring saying they were massacred!! They went to a war thinking their gods can save them,but their gods met a Mightier God,and shut still,and the Mightier Gods people Defeated them in a war..How is that Massacre?

My greatest struggle in keep my fate in God,is not really my situation,

But the alleged massacre and killings in the bible,do say those were no massacres will be plain dishonesty.

Why allow them to be born in the first place,because God knew he'll kill them anyway before they were born.

He also knew his killing them will someday drive me to atheism,if he knew all these things why do it anyway?

Unless He also predestined me to rot in hell.
Now how am I supposed to keep loving God?

Please don't dismiss these things.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
What is god's will

WHAT A gOD!!!
Well,this shows just how little ur faith and trust is,and how ignorant of God you are...I Now conclude that You dont even know God....If u know God,you wont be saying whatever things you are saying here...
You say u are nt after Materialism,but all your statements are Materialistic in nature...Place ur priorities well bro...Know ur priorities!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by macof(m): 12:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
It doesn't matter whether you are Christian, deist, atheist, satanist, pagan, buddhist, Muslim or judaic.

Live a good life in accordance with your conscience, seek wisdom and knowledge, achieve your destiny because we all have a purpose in life. Then you shall find peace and happiness yourself.

Do not be brainwashed to think Jesus or any God would lead you to happiness or heaven, only you and you alone can achieve that.

God has given us the brains, the power and all other resources to live right, it is now left to the people of earth to figure out how to work things out.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

My greatest struggle in keep my fate in God,is not really my situation,

But the alleged massacre and killings in the bible,do say those were no massacres will be plain dishonesty.

Why allow them to be born in the first place,because God knew he'll kill them anyway before they were born.

He also knew his killing them will someday drive me to atheism,if he knew all these things why do it anyway?

Unless He also predestined me to rot in hell.
Now how am I supposed to keep loving God?

Please don't dismiss these things.
Believe me,i have tried looking at God from different perspectives too...Infact,if the old Testament of the Bible were the only book available about God,i would rather live in my own life,be my own God...But then,God knew many will take Him as a cruel God,who is brutal and ruthless and doesnt care in order to get What he wants...
But then,He sent His son,to show us another side of Him,that loving everlasting God wich we profess today...Jesus throughout His stay on earth was never violent,never hurt anyone{Even when He had the power to}..He even forgave those who killed Him...Tell me,as a human,can u forgive anyone who kills u 4 no reason at all? If given a second chance,u wil like to revenge right?
But Jesus didnt...That doesnt mean that God has changed,just that People were alwaz constantly invoking His Wrath no matter how hard He tries to restrain it...But with Him sending His son to come and show us His other side,He knows we now know What should be known...He doesnt force or impose anyone to worship Him again,but if u will,be ready to do His bidding.......
As for the Will{Mind} of God,i wil open a thread for that as i stated above..
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Well,this shows just how little ur faith and trust is,and how ignorant of God you are...I Now conclude that You dont even know God....If u know God,you wont be saying whatever things you are saying here...
You say u are nt after Materialism,but all your statements are Materialistic in nature...Place ur priorities well bro...Know ur priorities!!
I can see you have nothing else to say.
I don't need going online to tell the World why I suddenly turned to an atheist.,why I dumped atheism for christianity,so bro,stop trying to force words out of my mouth.
As I said earlier,christianity is a waste of time,just believe in yourself,work very hard,expect calamities to befall you and the most important thing,
Forget about god...
Simple!!!
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by frank317: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Did you stop believing in God?

I would have preferd if u had answerd my question instead of asking me that question. If I stop beliving in God as a result of what happned, would that be a bad guy? Would u say it was my fault for disbelieving? If nothing like that had happened would I have had cause to doubt his existance?
The fact is that my mind will believe or disbelieve in God pending on how I have been indoctrinated or what I really feel about what is happening to me. The bad news is that God is always on the winning side, u feel bad as a result of what happens and blame him as ur human mind tells u, he punishes u for it by sendin u to hell.
I will ask u again, if u were involvd in a car crash and ur only son dies but u survive, would u neglect the fact that u lost ur son and give thanks tp God for savin ur life? If u wouldn't why do u negelct the fact that people died in a bomb blast that didn't kill u and give thanks to God. Is it because u don't knw them.
Don't u think the fact that the survival of my fiances gave testimony to god for saving his life means that je does not care about those who died. If my woman had survivd do u think I would have been bothered about those who died?
Its just human selfishness to think God loves them enough to allow others to die and save them.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

In your analogy of a work place, I believe the employer is God, the employee humans right? Job description will be our duty to God abi?

But before I go further, who is Satan in the anology? Where would you classify temptations?
Okay....
Temptations in the analogy would be thoughts like:
**Abeg relax a bit joor,you are working urself out..
**Emeka or Obi is earning more than u,yet u are here wasting ur time everyday,working like a horse..
**Go and ask for increment or promo,when u know u have nt earned that,and when u know those things take a process..
**If u break a particular rule in that company,it wil be a first,and u probably wont get fired...
**When it is in the morning time,when sleep is still too sweet ,your body wil tel u to sleep more,that ur boss wil understand...At the end of the day,u come late..and before u knw it,it becomes a habit...
.....These are the likely temptations,depending on the workplace,and there are much more..,..
The devil in this analogy is that thought that always tells you all these,knowing fully well that it wil get u fired....
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by ejiykzazi2007(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
@ Op. I blive if u want to blive d Bible den blive wot it says in totality nd if u dont blive, den dont blive in all totality too. U said it was written by poor, drunken, uneducated fellow, yet u make reference to it even to mock God. If u blive d kilins of d canaanites, den u shud blive He divided, d Red Sea for d Isrealites to pass on dry land, u shud blive He answered Elijah by fire, u shud blive He honored Joshua nd make d sun stand stil nd many more things I can continue to mention God did nd many more He does presently. Only a fool wil say dia is no God... No mata wot u hv pass thru, God stil reigns, dis ur wods cannot not make Him less a God, if mankind refuse to serve Him, He can make d stones sing in praises. If u were to be Job, u wudnt nid ur wife to tel u to cause God, u wud hv caused Him long ago. I hv gone thru many tins as wel, I hv doubted God existence too but wen I meditate on tins around me, I stil know dia is a God. And my doubtin doesnt make Him less. I am begging God for a favor now nd I blive He has answered, but if He doesnt do it, I wil stil thank Him nd b faithful to Him because comtyms we are just been tried...
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by philfearon(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
I can see you have nothing else to say.
I don't need going online to tell the World why I suddenly turned to an atheist.,why I dumped atheism for christianity,so bro,stop trying to force words out of my mouth.
As I said earlier,christianity is a waste of time,just believe in yourself,work very hard,expect calamities to befall you and the most important thing,
Forget about god...
Simple!!!
Your own case is self-denial....Well thats for u...But i know with all ur posts on this thread,u have little faith,and no Trust at all....
If anything,u shud be grateful u are alive...
Many didnt see today...
If anything,u should be grateful u are in one piece...Go to hospitals,go to orphanages and see how ruthless life has dealt with them,yet they thank God that they are alive...You,u are alive,healthy,have hands,eyes,have a phone,live well,browse,and yet you have the mind to say u Once believed in God but stopped believing...Seriously,you dont even know what u know....I think somebody advised u earlier in one of ur statements,u shud heed to it...
Whether You Believe in God,it doesnt make Him less..If u believe in Him,it doesnt make Him bigger.....
One thing is Certain though..God doesnt need human help..Rather,Humans need His help...........GETTING THE HELP IS A PERSONAL CHOICE
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
[b]1.I was struggling a lot with my atheism and relating to the religious and I've come to one very liberating thought. It doesn't matter if God is real or not. It really doesn't.
God is not someone I would ever worship. He is an a$$hole. Kill your child to prove yourself to me. I love you, so I cause you suffering. Its for your own good.
It doesn't matter how beautiful the world can be. The fact that it can be so ugly and so cruel and so unmerciful leads me to hold God, if he exists, culpable!
If we, as humans, can look at a situation and say, "Ya know, murdering my child for any reason isn't right." Then we hold moral authority over God every day of the week, even Sunday.
So does it matter if he exists if he such a horrendous deity. Forget that, "God changed" crap, because I do not care if a serial killer has changed - he is still a serial killer at his core. And if you don't think the God of the bible is a serial killer, then you haven't read the bible!
2.Not only the genocide, but what about making people beg for help? If he knows everything that happens and can intervene on a whim, why should it be necessary to pray for help? Even the strong, devout believers that "know" he exists still have to ask for help monetarily, for health issues, guidance, etc. When someone I know appears to need help, I don't wait for them to beg for it, I offer it freely. Any entity with omnipresence and omnipotence should simply step in and reaffirm his followers' faith.
He's like a playground bully, "You want this ball? Ask me nicely. Ask again. Get on your knees and plead for it.
3.I just don't understand. Forget how you can believe in God as there is so little evidence for the extraordinary claims...but WHY would you ever want to believe in this God?
People talk about God in terms of flowery love. "God was with me in the car crash that killed the other passengers." oh? What a horrible thought. If he was capable of being with you, then why wasn't he with them? Why do you not see his action as culpable?
Why would you ever believe in a God so callous and cruel as to allow a message that been perverted and contorted to stay that way when something as important as eternal suffering is at stake? That doesn't strike me as a caring deity. That strikes me the way that a petulant child would behave.[/b]
Your mistake is in accepting the word of the Jews that their tribal deity is the God of Creation. Get rid of that notion, and you will have no problem with God.
Re: If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow by macof(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
philfearon:
Okay....
Temptations in the analogy would be thoughts like:
**Abeg relax a bit joor,you are working urself out..
**Emeka or Obi is earning more than u,yet u are here wasting ur time everyday,working like a horse..
**Go and ask for increment or promo,when u know u have nt earned that,and when u know those things take a process..
**If u break a particular rule in that company,it wil be a first,and u probably wont get fired...
**When it is in the morning time,when sleep is still too sweet ,your body wil tel u to sleep more,that ur boss wil understand...At the end of the day,u come late..and before u knw it,it becomes a habit...
.....These are the likely temptations,depending on the workplace,and there are much more..,..
The devil in this analogy is that thought that always tells you all these,knowing fully well that it wil get u fired...

The bolded proves my point that the devil is just a fictional character in a Jewish cartoon story.

Any time a man thinks of doing bad, it's all him and not satan, is it satan dat thinks for man?

simple intuition and instincts is wat the illiterate Christian Jews called satan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo' s Christianity / A Photo Of Barack Obama Singing Hymn In A Church On Easter Sunday / ⚫⚫After the first rapture the second coming of Jesus is Going To be The Last Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.