Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Can You Work In Sokoto..... - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Work In Sokoto..... (15627 Views)

As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? / Sokoto State University Massive Job Recruitment - 95 Positions / Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by oladamian: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sokoto is still the most peaceful state in the north. I served there and my stay dre was rili awesom. cost of living is low, Boko haram dare not invade the city coz of the fear of Sultan. I'll advice ur friend go 4d offer. Cheers
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Moukafoam(f): 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
movmentish: @op is it delta dat is secure? Hell no,we've gat kidnappers... How bout lagos? Police shot somebody in front of his six year old kid last week or so.... Abuja has to be secure then? Even the president was scared to celebrate indepence day at eagle square.... Nigga 9ja is a failed state nowhere is secure bruh

I prefer to be in Kidnappers state than to be in state filled with Boko Haram Islamist angry

All kidnappers are not killers but all Boko Islamist are killers; they even kill innocent people praying in the Mosque undecided
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by ficoram(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Heesamee: I m presently at hajia halima roundabout precisely Yakoyo restaurant eaten pounded yam,vegetable,liver and malta guinness.
Beside which American company dey sokoto? Mayb doctors without border,GAIN,WHO etc
Guy sokoto is very peaceful but the weather today is the hottest in the country 36deg. Except dat if u dont mind
@ heesamee.it is amazing to meet a fellown nairalander stating in sokoto. i m presently at yakoyo resturant too and i m eating pounded yam.i guess n a b d fine chick weh dey for one of d angle.i was going to ask d same question about d american company here in sokoto dat i dont know about,except for d NGO u mentioned earlier.
@OP. tell ur friend to gladly accept d offer,sokoto is a peaceful place to live plus it offer u d oppourtunity to further ur studies without any hustle,admission is easy to get and u dont ve to cut ur head-off for enormous school fee as compare to what apply in other fedral universities.The only problem is the extreme weather,but that shouldnt b a problem if u can afford to get accommodation in area that can boast of at least 18hrs power supply- yes there are areas here with power supply of such,most area get constant 12hrs supply.Goodluck as u make ur decision to come,we look forward to seeing u.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Moukafoam(f): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
nyere84: @dat poster above me,

Wat LIFE are u talking about??

Wat is life witout a job?
Wat is life if u cnt handle ur responsibilites??
Which fvcking state is secure, in dis fvcking country??

Op, pls ur friend shld go ahead wit the job in Sokoto.

Boko haram or not, once death calls...., u must surely go and leave this world.

I laugh when people like you talk, even the military are not happy when they are posted to core north like Sokoto and the likes sad

Job will always come to you when you search for it but not in Afghanistan cheesy
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
@posterz, i'm kinda enlightened & encouraged by ur responses. I'v bn offered a job @UDUTH, m thinking of leaving my present job @UITH & relocating thr <WEF> Nov1 (housejob thngs). Bt dis wan wey evrybody dey talk of temperature, is it worse than that of the Middle-east?
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by searay(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
No.
REASON:
Life has no duplicate
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
ficoram:
@ heesamee.it is amazing to meet a fellown nairalander stating in sokoto. i m presently at yakoyo resturant too and i m eating pounded yam.i guess n a b d fine chick weh dey for one of d angle.i was going to ask d same question about d american company here in sokoto dat i dont know about,except for d NGO u mentioned earlier.
@OP. tell ur friend to gladly accept d offer,sokoto is a peaceful place to live plus it offer u d oppourtunity to further ur studies without any hustle,admission is easy to get and u dont ve to cut ur head-off for enormous school fee as compare to what apply in other fedral universities.The only problem is the extreme weather,but that shouldnt b a problem if u can afford to get accommodation in area that can boast of at least 18hrs power supply- yes there are areas here with power supply of such,most area get constant 12hrs supply.Goodluck as u make ur decision to come,we look forward to seeing u.
boss i visited yakoyo when i was @sokoto last mnth for interview, d place make sense. Ehen na u go do bigbroda 4me when i land /saukwatau/ nxt mnth o, u hear? Pls hw cn i get a nice self contain close to UDUTH, help a broda. Biko
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by unongu(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Gayigaskia: I don' t. Even think boko haram has ever struck in Sokoto.
yes, boko boys struck twice in the middle of last year, both strikes targeted Police formations and were fatal, but no civilian lives were lost. Sokoto is relatively peaceful compared to other parts of Nigeria. Good place to work and school.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by movmentish(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
Cubeet: if 9ja is a failed state, that means youre are a failed human being. Except if ure frm congo
why are u fyndin it hard to bliv,me dat benefitd 4rm her failure m teln u sumfin while u dat is bearin d brunt is arguing,well fela sang about ur kind,suffering and smilling
Moukafoam:

I prefer to be in Kidnappers state than to be in state filled with Boko Haram Islamist angry

All kidnappers are not killers but all Boko Islamist are killers; they even kill innocent people praying in the Mosque undecided

sumfin has got to kill a nigga.
Cubeet: if 9ja is a failed state, that means youre are a failed human being. Except if ure frm congo
why are u fyndin it hard to bliv,me dat benefitd 4rm her failure m teln u sumfin while u dat is bearin d brunt is arguing,well fela sang about ur kind,suffering and smilling
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Orjioorji(f): 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote
author=movmentish]@op is it delta dat is secure? Hell no,we've gat
kidnappers... How bout lagos? Police shot somebody in front of his six
year old kid last week or so.... Abuja has to be secure then? Even the
president was scared to celebrate indepence day at eagle square....
Nigga 9ja is a failed state nowhere is secure bruh[/quote] AT THE END YOU CANNOT ADVICE THE OP OF WHAT HE ASK. EWU WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE ?
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by movmentish(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Orji o orji: AT THE END YOU CANNOT ADVICE THE OP OF WHAT HE ASK. EWU WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE ?
d idea (which i'm sure he got and other peepz got too) is dat he should do wat he wants to do.... As 4 d insult u remember wat ur primary schl teacher told u bout insulting peepz or shuld i remind u!
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by babadem2much(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
even if na MAIDUGURI, YOBE N ADAMAWA. dat na sharp sharp ur friend de der de form insecurity, who go Die go die

[quote
author=ichommy]Sokoto, I lived there as a kid, I don't know about the
state security now. Sokoto is more peaceful than the other state in the
north, your friend should accept the offer.[/quote]
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by rhames(m): 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
Guy take that job fast. Sokoto is the most peaceful state in the North or possibly the whole of this country. Our able leader, His Eminence, Sultan of Sokoto , Saad Abubakar, i s a serving colonel in the Nigerian Army. And the security in that state can only be compared to none else in the whole of the North. And there is solid religious tolerance in Sokoto than any other state here up north. If sentiments will make you lose an opportunity and staying at home will make you comfortable, then reject the job. Good Luck!
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by movmentish(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
cost of living very cheap,i remember the first time i wanted to get pepper to make noodles,went with 50 naira na stew i use dat 50 naira pepper do e too much and dem still cheat me untop...
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Charbless(m): 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ashmark: A friend of mine get a job in Sokoto in an American company with a good pay.

But with the insecurity in the state, he's wondering if he should accept the offer or not...

Please kindly advice on this....Should he go or not?
Currently serving in sOkoto, dias security pls. And for d question: with all pleasure I will and can
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by emeke247: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
as it is nw, where d job is does not matter. Na only person wen hunger never bit dey conteplate.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sweetapple007: I served in sokoto. Ur frd hav to be ready to make mosquitoes ad flies his frd, as f me i prefre being jobles than workg their!
Ajebutta smiley
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by erico2k2(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
movmentish:
oga delta or river 9ja as a state is not secure nada u can say to change my mind so dnt even try
I repeat again and this time hope you remove emotional thoughts from your mind and use your rational mind this time*At least People dont get blown in churches down south* ,Every other type of insecurities is worldwide, we can only limit them but for that aboved mentioned, dont happen down south, yah feel me broo grin grin grin
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
oke_chukwu: Sokoto is calm, accept the offer, bad people does not strive or succeed in sokoto.
Kai! Walahi I no tok am bepore, even iboman I dey hia 4 sokoto, kiri bipi ba neh?
ba wahala walahi, everytin feaceful hia smiley
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by movmentish(m): 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
erico2k2:
I repeat again and this time hope you remove emotional thoughts from your mind and use your rational mind this time*At least People dont get blown in churches down south* ,Every other type of insecurities is worldwide, we can only limit them but for that aboved mentioned, dont happen down south, yah feel me broo grin grin grin
actually my original post never mentioned churches getn blown up to d skies down south,wat i said was about the kidnapins and was meant to tell d op to either man up and brave d general problem dat is nigeria or he should sissy up and liv in a fake sense of security while remainin jobless...and i am no bigot to go attaching sentiments to stuffs
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
calabaman:

I like ur profile picx
Hmmmm.

I like urs too.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by omuyaa(m): 12:46am On Oct 19, 2013
Better go....can't shout
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 19, 2013
If he is a southerner, a christain to be precise, tell him to forget d job... Life is worth more than money.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Gboliwe:
Which insecurity? Which state is secure?
lagos/delta arn't desame wt maiduguri oh!
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
movmentish:
actually my original post never mentioned churches getn blown up to d skies down south,wat i said was about the kidnapins and was meant to tell d op to either man up and brave d general problem dat is nigeria or he should sissy up and liv in a fake sense of security while remainin jobless...and i am no bigot to go attaching sentiments to stuffs
I never said you did, that was my own opinion, I made that remark to bring to light the sense that the risk factor is greater in sokot compared to the southern states,there is kidnapping everywhere same as Armed Robbery but there aint Church blow ups everywhere, I can catigoricaly tell you no church has been blown down south, can you say same for the North? hope you get where Im commming from.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
lagos/delta arn't desame wt maiduguri oh!
Exactly, thats my point.No one is scared to go to church down south.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by engrfaruq(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
On my way to Sokoto, help me with the company's name and i'll help u tell dem dat u r nt coming so they can take me.
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by olutunde12(m): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
BrightCar:
IS SHE A CHRISTIAN, THEN PRAY AND ALSO SEEK COUNSEL FROM YOUR FATHER IN THE LORD, I MEAN YOUR PASTOR. ALSO MAKE ENQUIRY OF OTHER PEOPLE WORKING IN THAT COMPANY WHO ARE GUESTS IN THAT LAND AND NON MOSLEMS. SOKOTO FOR SOMETIME HAS BEEN RELATIVELY PEACEFUL. ANYWAY THE EARTH IS LORD'S AND THE FULLNESS THEREOF, THE WORLD AND ALL THOSE THAT DWELL THERE IN. PS24V1

Forget story. Bro, make you make the next trailer to sokoto. Na 300 naira. Though u go spend four days for road. shikena.....
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Ennyhollar(f): 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello house please help, how much can one get standard 2bedroom apartment in sokoto state
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by xnigga(m): 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ennyhollar:
Hello house please help, how much can one get standard 2bedroom apartment in sokoto state
120-150k
Re: Can You Work In Sokoto..... by Ennyhollar(f): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
xnigga:

120-150k

OK thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday / Should I Go For M.Sc Or A Level 12 Job In A Private University? / Payment Of Npower Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.