Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election (904 Views)

Lagos State Guber Election Part 2: Agbaje Or Ambode: Vote Now! / I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene / Breaking News...inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by brighter: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA)’s office in
Awka has been thrown into turmoil today as news
filtered into the state that their Governorship
candidate in the forth-coming Guber election in the
state faces disqualificaton as a result of the doubble
voters registration in the possession of Willi Obiano It was discovered few days ago that Willi Obiano
procured INEC voters card in Lagos sometime ago
and also went ahead to procure another voters card
at his home town Aguleri to enable him vote in
Anambra state in the forth-coming Guber election in
the state thereby registering twice with INEC The normal Standard Operating Procedure would
have been that an indigen of Anambra State that
registered outside the state to transfer his/her INEC
voters registeration to Anambra state through INEC
to enable such a person to vote. But Willi Obiano
opted out to secretly register twice instead of transfering his voters card to the state thereby
commiting an Electoral offense punishable by law.
The Nigerian Electoral Act stipulates that A PERSON
WHO IS IN POSSESSION OF MORE THAN ONE VALID
VOTERS CARD IF COUGHT IS LIABLE ON CONVICTION TO
A MAXIMUM FINE OF 100,000 NAIRA OR 12 MONTHS IMPRISONMENT OR BOTH If investigated,Mr Willi Obiano will be arrested for
electoral fraud and disqualified from contesting the
guber election in Anambra State But in a smart move to hide this fraud,Anambra State
Government and some APGA stalwarts pressurised
one Prof Onukogu,a Resident Electoral Commissioner
to delete the lagos voters card from INEC’s server to
cover-up the fraud. While Prof Onukogu was
hesistant,the State Govt placed a call to Mr Chidi,the head of the ICT Dept of INEC in Anambra State to
delete Willi Obianos name from the Aguleri register As at the time of writing this report,APGA chieftains
are still running around looking for a way to either
cover this fraud or delete either the Lagos voters card
or the Aguleri Voters Card from INEC Computerised
register As this scene unfolds,the whole world is watching
INEC and Prof Jega to see if the INEC boss will allow
his commission to cover this fraud or tow the path of
Justice to ensure that WIlLLI OBIANO IS DISQUALIFIED
FOR ELECTORAL FRAUD AND RECOMMENDED FOR
ARREST Dr Nnamdi Umeasiegbu
HUMAN RIGHTS AND ELECTORAL WATCH
AWKA http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?
topic=341412.0
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by shinkafimoon(m): 7:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Wait ohhh...is this for real?....if its true, i no fit shout!!!!
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by shinkafimoon(m): 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Wait ohhh...is this for real?....if its true, i no fit shout!!!! shocked
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by mistudreh(m): 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
My Oga at the top is at work... I hail thee ooo
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by redsquare(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
This Anambra guber election is becoming a show of madness. From the disqualification of Soludo and Obaze to PDP producing 2 candidates in the November 16th election, to Ngige flagging off his campaign in Onitsha on the day of the Obi of Onitsha Ofala ceremony, now Obiano is about to be disqualified. I think it is high time yours truly contested in this election. cheesy
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by hijacke(m): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
AMEN
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by emiye(m): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
I know the willy guy is not a politician , but is it that the willy willy guy does not have a political advisor ?, if this report is true, he ought to be prosecuted, as that is purely electoral fraud

He should have simply transferred his voters card registration from Lagos to his ward in Aguleri.
Re: Inec To Disqualify Willi Obiano From Anambra State Guber Election by ozolity(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
INEC ve no right to disqualify him based on dis, he can only b prosecuted, but, not denied his fundamental right to b voted for.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Ilorin Indigenes Faithful To Bad Government / . / Over 1 Million Litres Of Fuel Moved Through Resuscitated Rails Daily- BPE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.