Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules (1420 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / Chinese Visa Application / Please I Need Assistance On Chinese Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by chukxie(m): 2:02am On Oct 14, 2013
UK to relax Chinese visa rules
October 14, 2013 4:00 AM

210,000 visas were issued to Chinese nationals in 2012
Visa applications for Chinese visitors entering the UK will be simplified, Chancellor George Osborne has announced.

He wants to make it easier for Chinese visitors to the EU to visit the UK.

The announcement came as part of Mr Osborne's week long trade visit to China in which he is trying to persuade Chinese companies to invest in the UK.

He has already unveiled a deal in which a Chinese firm took a 20% stake in a new business park in Manchester.

Under the new plan for visas, Chinese nationals visiting the European Union will not need to submit separate visa applications for Britain, if they book with selected travel agents.

Currently, visitors can apply for a single visa to visit much of Europe, but a separate one is required to travel to the UK.

It is thought that extra paperwork is deterring many Chinese visitors from including the UK in a trip to Europe.

A mobile visa scheme which already operates in Beijing and Shanghai will be expanded.

Under the mobile service which was first tested by executives at Wanda, the company that bought Sunseeker yachts, officials go out to the applicants to collect their paperwork and biometric data.

The process can take less than five minutes.

A 24 hour "super priority" visa service will be available from next summer. However details have not yet been released but a similar scheme operates in India.

The move will be welcomed by UK businesses who want to benefit from Chinese tourists.

According to the government, last year 210,000 visas were issue to Chinese nationals and they contributed around £300m to the economy.

"These changes will streamline and simplify the visa application process for Chinese visitors, while ensuring the system is strong and secure," said Mr Osborne.

BBC © 2013
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by tpia5: 2:37am On Oct 14, 2013
na levels, as you pointed out.
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by chukxie(m): 2:56am On Oct 14, 2013
While the UK government is sqeezing tight its noose round the necks of Nigerians willing to visit the UK, it's throwing its doors wide open for Chinese nationals to visit as they please. This gesture by the UK government towards China is a sign of total respect for the unimaginable achievements China has garnered in less than four decades. They rose from being a country with more bicycles than people to becoming the largest car market in the world. They rose from being a backwater to becoming the second largest economy in the world. From rice paddies to glittering skyscrapers and apartment blocks. From rickshaws to Ferraris and Bugattis. From wearing qipao to wearing luxury brands like Chanel, Gucci etcetera.... They've transformed and progressed while we, sad to say, have remained inertia. If our government-past and present- have borrowed a leaf from the Chinese on how they transformed their country and economy,I'm sure Nigeria would've seen a significant level of progress. If we as a nation had achieved a quarter of what China has achieved since her independence on October 1st,1960, (Nigeria and China share the same date of independence) no country would've been able to push us around. I hope and pray our government will wake up from its slumber because there's a lot of work to be done.

1 Like

Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by ckkris: 3:12am On Oct 14, 2013
The people have mastered how to gather OPM, other people's money. Nigerians' money is already perfectly programmed to flow to them. Every effort is being made to money from the Chinese.
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by chux4liv(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Front Page please !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by chukxie(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
chux4liv: Front Page please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur!
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by jredlom(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please I am a 21 years old student under six months course and a self employed owning an internet cafe,am single and want to visit Canada for tourism purpose for 14 days,I will be sponsoring my self with my personal bank statement which has about $4,000 and will provide the embassy with Introduction Letter from my School confirming my enrollment and leave of absence,School fees receipt,my Tax Returns,Tenancy Agreement,Business Registration forms from the Registrar General Department,Itinerary and Hotel Reservation.I please want to know if my document are okay and what is my chance of getting the Visa.
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by chukxie(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2014
jredlom: Please I am a 21 years old student under six months course and a self employed owning an internet cafe,am single and want to visit Canada for tourism purpose for 14 days,I will be sponsoring my self with my personal bank statement which has about $4,000 and will provide the embassy with Introduction Letter from my School confirming my enrollment and leave of absence,School fees receipt,my Tax Returns,Tenancy Agreement,Business Registration forms from the Registrar General Department,Itinerary and Hotel Reservation.I please want to know if my document are okay and what is my chance of getting the Visa.

You should create a new thread that way people can respond to your questions. Cheers!
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by worry359(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2014
chukxie:

You should create a new thread that way people can respond to your questions. Cheers!
WRONG! bad information to op.

You should re-post your question into Canada section.
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5
If you start new, unnessasary thread it will be closed by moderators.
Re: See Levels: UK To Relax Chinese Visa Rules by chukxie(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
worry 359:
WRONG! bad information to op.

You should re-post your question into Canada section.
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5
If you start new, unnessasary thread it will be closed by moderators.

I didn't mean to confuse him. Anyway, thanks for pointing the guy the right way. I pray he finds all the necessary answers to the questions he's raised.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants / Interesting Facts About Mozambique / Who Still Uses ABC Transport Super Sleeper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.