Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria (5044 Views)

No Harm Intended, Just Want Advice. I Can't Understand Nigerian Men / I Can't Leave My Traditons For White Man's Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by EXPONENT(m): 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2008
SeanT

Why argue with those LOW LIFES?

Heck, their average life-expectancy is 45!!! shocked

they won't be around long and they CAN NOT get into the US unless they are 35!!!
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2008
This is sickening,it should be done to somebody like ibb,obasanjo,ibori and co,not innocent people motherfuckers,i detest that country,people are so foolishly barbaric.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

SeanT

Why argue with those LOW LIFES?

Heck, their average life-expectancy is 45!!! shocked

they won't be around long and they CAN NOT get into the US unless they are 35!!!

dude,average life expentancy amongst the aa is less than 45,most of their youths dont make 25 and die through gang wars e.t.c
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2008
It feels like when i saw the islamic women being stone to death in the name of sharia in one of the religious thread.People that can do this to helpless people don't deserve to live,they don't deserve to be called any creature,unfit elements.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Esss(m): 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2008
Even Liberian sef dey talk about Naija situation?? Hmm!! Wonders shall never end.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2008
This kind of brutality can only be justified when melted down on corrupt politicians in africa as a whole,they are the root cause of stealing,kidnapping,wars and all the ills in africa.African thieves or burglars are in most cases circumstancial,they steal to stay alive.

Some times i think blacks are more cruel to their fellow blacks than whites on blacks.The cruelty of barbarians,it is like the time of inquisition in europe,the catholic church saga.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
redsun:

This is sickening,it should be done to somebody like ibb,obasanjo,ibori and co,not innocent people motherfuckers,i detest that country,people are so foolishly barbaric.

So you have suddenly become a judge/jury. The person is innocent, and those who you feel are guilty are the ones who deserve it??

You, my friend are as "foolishly barbaric" as "people" you've just mentioned for advocating a fellow human like you beget such a fate.
You should detest yourself.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2008
They are not humans,probably like you,i won't be surprise.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2008
SeanT21:

I responded when You started talking crap about the States. If its so bad,

Lolita, whether I badmouth America is none of your bloody business. Unlike your wretched country, there's freedom of speech here and I have the right to talk about the place ESPECIALLY when it was a reply to someone else NOT YOU.

Mind your freaking business. So simple and i wont even acknowledge your pathetic existence. Save that "ticket money" and send it to your people instead. If anyone needs money, it's Liberia.

Congrats. Defender of The States. The same country I've lived in long before you were smuggled in as a mail order bride. Better shut the hell up before I expose you.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2008
Esss:

Even Liberian sef dey talk about Naija situation?? Hmm!! Wonders shall never end.

Can you imagine the audacity?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2008
Dude, first of all-- you'all need to stop attempting to change the subject, why attempt to turn this into some kind of competition? Second of all if you are going to play such games at least do so with credible counter responses; you just sat there and told a bold face lie, as usual, in some asinine attempt to get one up on the AA. How stupid can you be attempting such a thing, knowing damn well that all it'll take is a simple google to prove you to be the lying ass you are?

By 2003, sex had replaced race as the primary factor in life expectancy in the United States, with African-American females expected to live longer than European American males born in that year.[42] In the same year, the gap in life expectancy between American whites (78.0) and blacks (72.cool had decreased to 5.2 years, reflecting a long term trend of this phenomenon.[42] By 2004, "the trend toward convergence in mortality figures across the major race groups also continued," with white-black gap in life expectancy dropping to 5 years.[43] The current life expectancy of African Americans as a group is comparable to those of other groups who live in countries with a high human development index.

Do not attempt to play a stupid game of comparison with us, because I'll make you look a fool every time. As the quoted piece has shown, we AA have problems, yes, though we are resolving ours; what progress have Nigeirans in Nigeria made? Show something, becaue most of all I've seen, read about and heard of is mass cases of regression back in to worst conditions than they were in decades passed. This is sad, and I really want to know what the hell is going on. I want to someday see a strong and prosperous Nigeria in the mid of other strong and prosperous nations standing strong.

I want to know what is the problem and what plans are on ground to solve them, if any. Many of you talk about leaders being the problem as if the leaders are not the same as all of you; when in fact they are the same as all of you are. You all come from the same ethnic groups in which all harness the same values and customs, so if something is wrong with you leaders then I can only assume that something is in fact wrong with cultural mentality of the Nigerian people, for the most part. You can not tell me that if those who are the leaders today and in who were so in the past were replaced some random others of the Nigerian society that those random other would not have acted just as corruptly as those who've had and have the opportunity today to lead with greed. I'd have to be blind and irrational to believe such a thing.

All good nourishment for growth starts at the roots and works its way up. If the grounds in which the roots are buried are negatively corrupted then then that in which they spawn will also be so. I think my Igbo mother in law was correct in her assumption of that Nigeria is harshly inflicted with a case of what she calls "The Big Man syndrome" in which places in the minds of many that they have to do any and everything to be the boss, to get to the top, to be the leader or the chief and to stay at such level. Humm, as we Americans say, there's too many wanting chiefs and not enough content Indians.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2008
plssss ooooooomake una no deh vex ma sista TOH oo if una no wan feel ma own heat cah una no go fit stand am ooooo, loooooool.

@TOH

sis calm dwn abeg no mind dem sha, silence is golden and most tymz da best answer 4 fools. looooooooooool bless xx
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
chi-baby:

plssss ooooooomake una no deh vex ma sista TOH oo if una no wan feel ma own heat cah una no go fit stand am ooooo, loooooool.

@TOH

sis calm dwn abeg no mind them sha, silence is golden and most tymz da best answer 4 fools. looooooooooool bless xx
Gbam! You don land? Na you talk am.

the heat wey dey your profile is enough to make me melt.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
As the quoted piece has shown, we AA have problems, yes, though we are resolving ours

How are you solving it? I'd like to know. With all your rappers and coonery entertainers. What exactly is it that you people are doing to resolve your issues. Teen mothers, theft, gangs, homicide.

How dare you say you people say you are resolving these issues, when these are the very things your "musicians" are ADVOCATING IN THEIR MUSIC?

Do you even think when you spew such bullshit? Do you sincerely think if Nigeria has half, infact just 10% of the opportunities blacks americans have, we'd have the problems that we do?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Esss(m): 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2008
Chi-baby atimes the foolish are so caught up in their foolishness that they tend to forget they are fools, so it always good to remind them every once in a while of their foolishness.

TOH dont even bother argueing with these fools wey their 2years visa go soon expire.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2008
chi-baby:

@TOH

sis calm dwn abeg no mind them sha, silence is golden and most tymz da best answer 4 fools. looooooooooool bless xx

So you call me a fool for speaking the truth? Why is that? undecided
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2008
lol chi baby. most of the time I ignore these people. Im just sick of reading their trash and mods/admins not doing anything about it

Imagine Exponent insulting oyb's son's pics and yet nothing is done about it. The animals are allowed to roam free and everyone else is getting "punished" willy nilly. such bull.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2008
CH3COO:

Gbam! You don land? Na you talk am.

the heat wey dey your profile is enough to make me melt.

hahahahahahahahahahahaa, very funni. u neva start 2 deh melt lol, by da tym u don, u go turn 2 river benue looooooooooooooooool wink grin
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hero:

So you call me a fool for speaking the truth? Why is that? undecided

hey!! didnt say ya name did i na u tlk am ooo lol.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2008
chi-baby:

hahahahahahahahahahahaa, very funni. u never start 2 deh melt lol, by da time u don, u go turn 2 river benue looooooooooooooooool wink grin
If to say you dey yonder, for obodo oyinbo merika, this river will surely sweep you off your feet.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hero, what sort of perverse gratification do you and your exponent hope to get from creating these sour threads?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
CH3COO:

If to say you dey yonder, for obodo oyinbo merika, this river will surely sweep you off your feet.
hahahaahhhahahhahaahah  cheesy cheesy grin abeg o, i no want da kind one thanks. lol
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2008
It's a good thing now, haba. grin I will be your All-American.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
CH3COO:

It's a good thing now, haba. grin I will be your All-American.
u sure seh u fit handle da heat nw cah me no intend any floodings looooooooool, wink
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2008
No amount of heat you sumon will be enough to dry up this ever-flowing river.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2008
CH3COO:

No amount of heat you sumon will be enough to dry up this ever-flowing river.
seriously man u realli crackin me up here, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till I deliver the rib-cracking blow.

Okay make i stop tongue.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by chibaby5(f): 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2008
loooooool thanks 4 da early info lol. b4 ya deliver da blow am outta here lol, gd nyt!!! wink
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by CH3COO(m): 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2008
chi-baby:

loooooool thanks 4 da early info lol. before ya deliver da blow am out of here lol, gd nyt!!! wink
nite o.
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by Hero(m): 2:27am On Jul 08, 2008
TOH:

How are you solving it? I'd like to know. With all your rappers and coonery entertainers. What exactly is it that you people are doing to resolve your issues. Teen mothers, theft, gangs, homicide.

How dare you say you people say you are resolving these issues, when these are the very things your "musicians" are ADVOCATING IN THEIR MUSIC?

Do you even think when you spew such bullshit? Do you sincerely think if Nigeria has half, infact just 10% of the opportunities blacks americans have, we'd have the problems that we do?

Another lame ass assumption of lies made by another Ass. I'm not often much into teach fools though I like you, so I'll make an acception for your Ass.

You talk about teen pregnancy.

Since the 1990s, many measures associated with teen pregnancy in the United States have shown improvement. For African American teens, the rates of pregnancy have declined, as has the percent of high-school males who report having impregnated someone (Leigh & Huff 2006). Although female teens are not always impregnated by male teens, the increased and consistent condom use among African American male teens undoubtedly also has contributed to this decline in teen pregnancy.

http://www.teenpregnancy.org/resources/research/researchconf/leigh_abstract.pdf

Teen pregnancy rates in the United States declined steadily from 1991 to 2005—from 60 out of 1000 teenagers in 1991 to 40.5 out of 1000 in 2005. In 2006, however, the teen pregnancy rate increased to about 42 out of 1000. Approximately one-third of young women in the United States become pregnant during their teens. More than 80% of teen pregnancies are unintended and unintentional. The highest teen birth rate occurs in Hispanic women (83 out of 1000 in 2006).

Declining teen pregnancy rates are thought to be attributed to more effective birth control practice and decreased sexual activity among teens. The most dramatic reduction in teen pregnancy—23%—has occurred among African American teenagers.

http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/teenpregnancy/index.shtml

You talked about Gangs, not realizing that gang membership has risen amongst all groups except AA who's rates have remained steady for years now. You fools love to just make up shit. Present documentation to prove your rubbish if you're so content on speaking it.

The gains in black buying power reflect more than just population growth and consumer inflation, Humphreys said. He also pointed to the increasing number of blacks who are starting their own businesses. As evidence, he cited Census data released since his last buying power study that showed the number of black-owned businesses increased 45 percent from 1997 to 2002, far exceeding the 10 percent increase in the overall number of U.S. businesses. Black buying power grew 165 percent from 1990 ($318 billion) to 2007 ($845 billion). That compares with 134 percent growth in disposable income for the total population.

The share of buying power controlled by African American consumers will rise in 47 states, with the largest market share increases coming in Mississippi, Maryland and Georgia. They also represent the states where black consumers account for the largest share of the total: Mississippi (24.3 percent), Maryland (22.2 percent) and Georgia (20.8 percent), along with the District of Columbia (30.6 percent).

African American buying power will total $845 billion in 2007 and is projected to top $1.1 trillion by 2012 -- a 34 percent increase over the five-year period.

At current the AA market is larger than that of Mexico, in who's market is over 4 times as large as Nigeria.

African Americans now make up a greater proportion of Southern college students than they do of that region’s population at large, according to a new report. But while closing that persistent gap is certainly significant, the report highlights others that still remain.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2007/06/26/enrollment
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by TOH(f): 2:48am On Jul 08, 2008
No like me o. Im Yoruba. You and your alter ego have no reason to like my kind. Thank You' cool

who gives a shit about buying power? You can buy anything when readily provided with food stamps and WIC checks grin

Hero:

Another lame ass assumption of lies made by another Ass. I'm not often much into[b] teach[/b] fools though I like you, so I'll make an acception for your Ass.

Who's the "fool" again? Lolz

Lol I'll believe your "gang activity" has gone down when I don't continue to hear about RECENT gang fights and killings in places like Newark and Brooklyn. K?

Good job on ignoring homicide, etc Btw and the fact that your "musicians" and their coonery sing in favor of these things.

Remy Ma anyone?
Re: I Can't Believe We Still Do This In Nigeria by LetThemSay: 5:31am On Jul 08, 2008
Hero:

Another lame ass assumption of lies made by another Ass. I'm not often much into teach fools though I like you, so I'll make an acception for your Ass.

You talk about teen pregnancy.

You talked about Gangs, not realizing that gang membership has risen amongst all groups except AA who's rates have remained steady for years now. You fools love to just make up shit. Present documentation to prove your rubbish if you're so content on speaking it.

At current the AA market is larger than that of Mexico, in who's market is over 4 times as large as Nigeria.

TALES BY MOON LIGHT !!, STORY STORY ONCE UPON A TIME,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The English Language Is Racist! / Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's / Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.