Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group (3559 Views)

PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group / APC Group Endorses Dickson Of PDP - Controversial Picture / Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by wesley80(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2013
•APC: It is blackmail
• Market Women protest against ASUU

By Onyebuchi Ezigbo and Damilola Oyedele
A group, the Unity Project Nigeria, yesterday accused the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU) and the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) of engaging in clandestine meetings with leading opposition groups in the country. The accusation came just as traders marched on the streets of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) over the work boycott by the university teachers that began in July. The group, whose founder and Leader, Igwekala Ugomefule, addressed a press conference in Abuja, alleged that the labour leaders may have been offered financial gratifications in pursuit of the strike.
Ugomefule, while expressing concern about the continued hard-line position of the ASUU leadership over the strike despite overtures made by the federal government to resolve the issue, blamed the NLC for trying to escalate the strike by threatening to call out its affiliates on a nationwide strike. [b] "Information on ground indicate that the Nigerian political opposition, a known desperate, power-mongering philistine and undemocratic movement has since hijacked the ASUU movement and now the NLC leadership, " he said. Ugomefule alleged that there was a meeting between the NLC leadership and one of the arrowheads of the opposition and the Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, last Friday on the matter. But the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Amaechi have described the allegations that the opposition was behind the ASUU strike as baseless. "With recent developments, the bubbles have finally burst and the cat had been let out of the bag on the real motives of the seemingly endless strike by the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU). “Our organisation based on facts at our disposals, through our information gathering network, has raised the alarm at the several clandestine meetings of the leading members of the opposition and the ASUU and NLC leadership, " he said. However, APC said the federal government should blame its inability to end the industrial crisis on its incompetence rather than chasing shadows or blaming the opposition. The party's Interim National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, told THISDAY on telephone yesterday, that government had absolutely lost initiatives on how to negotiate its way out of the crisis. He said: "The insinuation that it is the opposition that is behind ASUU strike is baseless. [/b] Meanwhile, we know that the federal government has gone to lobby the religious leaders and they have been lobbying everybody but this will not help them. They should do the right thing by going into an agreement and obeying such an agreement. "Any government that does not place education as a priority is doing a disservice to the children unborn. The PDP government should not rope in the opposition in their incompetence. They should find solution to their problem. For God’s sake what has the opposition got to do with ASUU's insistence that the federal government should implement an agreement between them?” Also, the Rivers State Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, who spoke on behalf of the governor, described the allegation of his involvement as figment of the imagination of the group. "It is the figment of the imagination of the group. The Rivers State Government is accountable to the Rivers people and therefore will spend its resources purely for the growth and development of Rivers people, " she said. Meanwhile, a group of traders in Abuja, has joined the protest against the ongoing strike on by ASUU members. The women, who protested at the Federal Ministry of Education yesterday, lamented that while the impasse between the union and the government continued, the students were being made to bear the brunt. President of the National Association of Market Women, Mrs. Felicia Sani, led the protesters who were received by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Dr. MacJohn Nwabiala. Sani described as outrageous the demands by the striking lecturers, adding that it was unfair for lecturers in state universities to expect to earn the same benefits as their counterparts in federal institutions. She accused the union of being selfish, rather than striving to address real issues in the university system. Nwaobiala appealed to the women to be patient as the government was working to end the strike.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/group-accuses-ASUU-nlc-of-deal-with-opposition/161654/
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Val601(f): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Naija
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Cynluv(f): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Tell us another story... 2nd to comment
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Omexonomy: 7:32am On Oct 15, 2013
I want sombody to convince me that this not true
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by talktimi(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2013
This is very plausible. The strike is too crooked

1 Like

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 15, 2013
are you coming from the bar?

talktimi: This is very plausible. The strike is too crooked
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by ssii: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2013
Instead of Wike to think of how to resolve the ASUU strike, they are playing politics with it. Let them keep paying jobless people to put the blame on the opposition. This shows how clueless this govt is.
So Amaechi and APC now control ASUU, nlc and maybe NARD? Then GEJ must be a very bad leader.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by blacksta(m): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2013
if you believe this sh1t - then you require urgent medical attention grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by takedat(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Omexonomy: I want sombody to convince me that this not true
So you need someone to convince you otherwise? Gullibility at times lead to a point of self destruction. ASUU is made up of academicians scattered across the country including those from the president's region. Are you saying that APC has bought over lecturers from the President's region, including lecturers of the Federal University Otuoke? So APC is now responsible for the arrant directionlessness of the FG? I am not surprised you gave a listening ear to the campaign of bare-faced lies, blackmail and propaganda claims of a pay-for-hire, donor-cash drenched political NGO who has embarked on a crudely jaded tactic of character assassination to serve the interests of their patrons in the Presidency because you are genuinely too dense to decipher the real from the unreal.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Symphony007: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2013
This are the traits of an utterly incompetent government...rather than doing your job and negociate a way out of the gridlock, they are busy blaming others, is it not ironic that when prof. Rufia was education minister, it was negociation all the way, now wike is onboard, paid protest, blame APC, blame ameachi. Look at how this government is using the lives to nigerian student to play political chess. Is this the first time strike is happening in nigeria? How many other administrations blamed opposition?

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 15, 2013
Symphony007: This are the traits of an utterly incompetent government...rather than doing your job and negociate a way out of the gridlock, they are busy blaming others, is it not ironic that when prof. Rufia was education minister, it was negociation all the way, now wike is onboard, paid protest, blame APC, blame ameachi. Look at how this government is using the lives to nigerian student to play political chess. Is this the first time strike is happening in nigeria? How many other administrations blamed opposition?

My brother, you just hit the nail. When Prof.Rufia was minister, they were negotiations. Now that a tout (Wike) is at the helm, we now have political this and that with solidarity protests everywhere.
Bunch of clueless m.orons, settle ASUU's demands first before you give it a political coloration.

In other news, APC has been accused by government for the nations directionless economy, according to feelers from the presidency, the former governor of lagos state; Ahmed Tinubu was reported to have held nocturnal meetings with top business executives and heads of federal parastatals urging them to destabilize the gains which the present administration had hope to achieve.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by gerald09(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2013
The inability for Nigerians to take responsibilities for there actions (good or bad) is really showing it ugly face. We don't give a damn!!!!! I repeat We don't give a damn!!! Who is with who, students are being treated like last class citizens in dere own country and are denied education by the FG and ASSU. The sooner we realise dat both ASSU and FG have no sympathy or regard for students and youth the better for us.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Goddex: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2013
These APC criminals are desperate and can do anything.
I don't trust them.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by peleson: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2013
torkaka:

My brother, you just hit the nail. When Prof.Rufia was minister, they were negotiations. Now that a tout (Wike) is at the helm, we now have political this and that with solidarity protests everywhere.
Bunch of clueless m.orons, settle ASUU's demands first before you give it a political coloration.

In other news, APC has been accused by government for the nations directionless economy, according to feelers from the presidency, the former governor of lagos state; Ahmed Tinubu was reported to have held nocturnal meetings with top business executives and heads of federal parastatals urging them to destabilize the gains which the present administration had hope to achieve.
Can u imagine and this frog eyes thief tinubu is left to walk free? Economic sabotage!! Catch him n jail him or better still, make him disappear

1 Like

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by dapachez: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2013
It is just so sad,they have been on this for a while and now they want to resort to cheap black mail. Anyone that goes on strike now is tagged to the opposition just same way the resident doctors will soon be accused if their strike continues. Misplaced priority is just the bane of our democracy since its inception.
ssii: Instead of Wike to think of how to resolve the ASUU strike, they are playing politics with it. Let them keep paying jobless people to put the blame on the opposition. This shows how clueless this govt is.
So Amaechi and APC now control ASUU, nlc and maybe NARD? Then GEJ must be a very bad leader.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by wesley80(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2013
^I'll be the first to admit that this allegation sounds far fetched but at the same time, the circumstances around this strike is very curious.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Mylove55(f): 11:40am On Oct 15, 2013
Pple use to protest against govt b4,but now instead to protest against fg bad policy or inability for Gej to settle assu,pple are protesting against apc and amaechi.tinubu too much ooo,Gej is a small boy,he can't even rule over me,not to talk of nigeria
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by TeaParty: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2013
With this poisonous rat medicine called APC,everything is possible. They sponsor boko-haram, pipeline vandals to sabotage electricity, this cant be far fetched.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by spamvisa(m): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mylove55: Pple use to protest against govt b4,but now instead to protest against fg bad policy or inability for Gej to settle assu,pple are protesting against apc and amaechi.tinubu too much ooo,Gej is a small boy,he can't even rule over me,not to talk of nigeria

pls how old are you? you sound too childish.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by ikweremilitant: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Val601: Naija
i taught as much,dis power hungry apc nd cpc can do anytn 4power.fist propagandb faild dm boko haram faild dm, g7 govs shot hit bar,impeachment no wok mw na ASUU.tinubu,tinuau.tinubu ha am ashamd o
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
peleson:
Can u imagine and this frog eyes thief tinubu is left to walk free? Economic sabotage!! Catch him n jail him or better still, make him disappear

I see you didn't get the sarcasm?
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Olaolufred(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
TeaParty: With this poisonous rat medicine called APC,everything is possible. They sponsor boko-haram, pipeline vandals to sabotage electricity, this cant be far fetched.

Another display of cerebral nudity.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by 1wolex85: 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
wesley80: ^I'll be the first to admit that this allegation sounds far fetched but at the same time, the circumstances around this strike is very curious.
My brother, wat is curious about it? Have fg fulfilled their part of the agreement and ASUU still refused to call off? I'll tell you what's curious; the fact dat d fg is trying to backout of an agreement dat took months and a lot of energy to negotiate. If I enter into an angreement with you, and unfortunately I wasn't able to fulfill, you gave me four years, den you come and ask for what is rightfully yours, instead of me to beg I start grandstanding, how wud u feel? How wud u feel if I keep telling you I don't have and u noticed that I just changed my children's school to the most expensive school, I've upgraded my ride and built a new house? Let's stop being sentimental pls. I respect d fact dat you support gej, all well and gud, but speak d truth when you see it.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by wesley80(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
1wolex85:
My brother, wat is curious about it? Have fg fulfilled their part of the agreement and ASUU still refused to call off? I'll tell you what's curious; the fact dat d fg is trying to backout of an agreement dat took months and a lot of energy to negotiate. If I enter into an angreement with you, and unfortunately I wasn't able to fulfill, you gave me four years, den you come and ask for what is rightfully yours, instead of me to beg I start grandstanding, how wud u feel? How wud u feel if I keep telling you I don't have and u noticed that I just changed my children's school to the most expensive school, I've upgraded my ride and built a new house? Let's stop being sentimental pls. I respect d fact dat you support gej, all well and gud, but speak d truth when you see it.
My brother, what isnt curious when ASUU suddenly rises to demand for 2trillion naira in the middle of a country's worse financial crisis since the return to democracy and have refused to resume work till a terribly skewed agreement is implemnted to the letter! State's and parastatals are crying over a shortfall in allocations and ASUU are demanding trillions in the middle of a financial year! Pls be honest, does that make any sense?
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by wesley80(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
1wolex85:
My brother, what isnt curious when ASUU suddenly rises to demand for 2trillion naira in the middle of a country's worse financial crisis since the return to democracy and have refused to resume work till a terribly skewed agreement is implemnted to the letter! State's and parastatals are crying over a shortfall in allocations and ASUU are demanding trillions in the middle of a financial year! Pls be honest, does that make any sense?
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by jamace(m): 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
ASUU leaders have become soldiers of political fortune, using strike to chop from all opponents. sad sad
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by dridowu: 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
peleson:
my bro , what are u waiting for go to d efcc to report and have him arrested, if u can get him arrested then kidnap him since u want him to be disappear lipsrsealed
@topic If someone can be eating 1billion naira food yearly, i think is not too much for thousands of lecturer to share 3trillion naira
#######ASUU TEAM#######
nonsense unity project nigeria group
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by 1wolex85: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
wesley80:
My brother, we are saying the same thing. Our country is in the midst of a financial crises and our president has not thought it wise to reduce the presidential fleet, they can still build 1st lady's mission house, they have not cut down on foreign trips, they can still employ abati and okupe to do the same job, they can pay militants to guide the creeks when we have many idle hands in the navy. My point is that, this govt has not shown any sign that we are in a financial crises. According to them our economy is booming, when the opposition says the country is broke, you hear otherwise from noi and co. What do we believe now? This govt is too lavish for me to be on their side in this impasse. I dont need anyone to go with me on this, I'm a very opinionated person. If you want to be on the side of govt and be looking for curiosity even when the govt is not helping itself, fine. Let prosterity judge us all.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Forester45(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
spamvisa:

pls how old are you? you sound too childish.
Truth is always bitter. Ur question is inconsequential.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Garrithe1st: 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
The stupidity of GEJ and his goons...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
wesley80: ^I'll be the first to admit that this allegation sounds far fetched but at the same time, the circumstances around this strike is very curious.

The only circumstance around this strike is the FULL implementation of signed agreement and payment of all outstanding allowances owned ASUU.
APC was not even born when they agreed.
Blackmail from government won't acheive anything.
If this govt have billions to cater for useless NASS and the executives, money for ASUU shouldn't be difficult.
Re: ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group by talktimi(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
The moment you guys understand the corrupt shenanigans going on in university administration in this country, thats when you will never support ASUU even if a knife was pointed at their necks. No matter how much i attack Amaechi, i still commend him for seeing the thieving, blackmailing scum that ASUU is and kicking their sorry a5ses out of Rivers state university of science and technology. But tell me, why should a university collect all sorts of fees & levies + rentals yet still find it difficult to handle basic projects by itself ? The answer lies in the fact that most vc's are ready to employ even diabolical means to get or retain their positions. ASUU should be SCRAPPED

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: What Should Michelle Do To Obama For This"blunder" With Beyonce / Breaking:female Suicide Bomber Hits Army Checkpoint.many Soldiers Feared Dead / Islam Is A Religion Of Peace And Political Stability Globally - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.