Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ (929 Views)

Rehabilitation Of Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties In Port Harcourt Begins. Photos. / FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by omolomolarinero: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2013
The Federal Government has promised to complete, within two weeks, the ongoing rehabilitation of sections of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that usually cause traffic gridlocks.

Commuters plying the road usually complain of wasting valuable man-hours trying to get through some sections of the road washed out by the rains.

The Federal Controller of Works, Lagos State, Olutoyin Obikoya, stated that the Federal Ministry of Works had mobilised Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) to carry out urgent rehabilitation works on the bad sections within two weeks.

Read More

Obikoya, who is the engineers’ representative on the reconstruction of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (section I), appealed to people using the road to be patient, explaining that the work would be done to ensure the road remained in good condition for a long time.

Movement on the road, he said, was being slowed by the construction of an additional lane on the Ibadan-bound stretch and the mounting of concrete median at some points.

He further said that “the ministry has been carrying out palliative works on the road and it is this construction work that is causing the slow traffic. They are working on the road and once it is done, movement will be better.”

The construction company, he disclosed, would not work during the holidays, adding that after the holidays, work would be intensified to ensure it is completed within two weeks.

He said it is the Lagos-bound lane that has more bad portions, stating that the pace of work had been slowed by the rains that washed off the chippings put on the road by the construction company.
“We want to finish the work up to the stage of putting binder and, hopefully, this will not be washed off by rain. It only means it will be more expensive. The slow traffic will ease off in two weeks,”Obikoya said.

http://whatsupibadan.com/2013/10/15/fg-to-complete-rehabilitation-of-lagos-ibadan-expressway-in-2-weeks/
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by boladez(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Lie don kill these FGN officials. That road shall consume their flesh and that of their families.....amin

1 Like

Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by theoctopus: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
boladez: Lie don kill these FGN officials. That road shall consume their flesh and that of their families.....amin

Do you know you are really foolish? SMH
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by gregg2: 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
theoctopus:

I wonder whether some of them really went to school.
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by boladez(m): 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
theoctopus:

.....shaking your head because its empty and you are thinking with your anus. I expressed an opinion and your leprous fingers type insult. Must you post ?..prick! cool

It takes one to know one, Please confirm I am not as foolish as you are. You are even more foolish than the FGN workers!
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by boladez(m): 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
gregg2:

I wonder whether some of them really went to school.

Clearly you hold a PHD like PEJ!
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by tomakint: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
boladez: Lie don kill these FGN officials. That road shall consume their flesh and that of their families.....amin
The caption reads, 'Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Will Be Ready In 2weeks' and the body of the thread indicates the reason why and after reading it all you can think of is this? undecided if you know you are that filled with so much hatred for good things why not blow whistle or go chew your curd like a ruminant! Is this not the same expressway OBJ couldn't fix in 8years?
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by boladez(m): 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
tomakint:
The caption reads, 'Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Will Be Ready In 2weeks' and the body of the thread indicates the reason why and after reading it all you can think of is this? undecided if you know you are that filled with so much hatred for good things why not blow whistle or go chew your curd like a ruminant! Is this not the same expressway OBJ couldn't fix in 8years?

May be if you lose you mum or brother or father or sibling on that road maybe you will think differently. Tell me one excuse under the sun that has not been given by these useless guys? promises everyday, yet people die on that road daily. These guys should shut up and work. They are just confused,

FGN flags off major reconstruction early July
claims the project is undergoing due process in August
claims work has started in September
The Infrastructure bank says nothing has happened due to lack of funds
In October some official claims they will rehabilitate
.......................people die on the road everyday and lose hours due to traffic

and you want me to continue believing them as if I am a Retardee

I am tired of lies and mediocrity and both Retardeen yourself and OBJ should go to hell until that road is fixed for all I care.

I will come back to this thread to confirm you are just too dumb to be alive by believing these VIPS (vagabonds in power!)

PS: Goats are wiser than earthworms, only earthworms will believe any Ministry official on the expressway project
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by tomakint: 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
@Boladez, why not learn to take things easy in life, I still maintain that the caption indicates 2weeks, why not allow the 2weeks to lapse before venting your anger unnecessarily undecided I think in this scenario, the earthworm is wiser than the goat!
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by boladez(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
tomakint: @Boladez, why not learn to take things easy in life, I still maintain that the caption indicates 2weeks, why not allow the 2weeks to lapse before venting your anger unnecessarily undecided I think in this scenario, the earthworm is wiser than the goat!

Ok Earthworm , I will revisit this thread in two weeks confirm eternallyretarded are those who believe in the retardeen govt. and believe in their empty words. The wait on that road has been since 2005......

PS I am not angry but expressing an opinion because I have seen too many dead bodies on that road.

signed

GOAT
Re: FG To Complete Rehabilitation Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway In 2 Weeks’ by boladez(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2018
Interesting to note that large portions of the road remain failed as at today!

Shame on you all government officials

(1) (Reply)

Pictures:fashola,fayemi,amosun,7 Other Governors,buhari,bisi Akande,at APC Forum / When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi / Who Did Vote For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.