Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,692 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency (2856 Views)

Yes We Spent 82million On Soyinka But......nddc Boss / We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists / All Those Glorious Years We Spent in Nigeria - A Ghanaian Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Garrithe1st: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Bograd83: What abt d graduate intern dat registered since last year n yet no response 4rm d p

Ask dem oo...

grin

1 Like

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
[quote author=blacksta][/quote]
Lets us see the document. If dont produce a document that says something different from what I'v written already on this thread, then you'r a DISGRACE to your family.
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Joshthefirst(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Lets us see the document. If dont produce a document that says something different from what I'v written already on this thread, then you'r a DISGRACE to your family.
take it easy ma'am
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by jaiykem: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
[quote author=blacksta][/quote]BROS U THINK SAY DEM FIT ASK THEIR THU NU BU (god)ANY QUESTION? u want make thunder fire dem? na 4 GEJ THEY GET MOUTH O! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!!!! FOWL YASS DON OPEN. DEFEND SURE P ALLOCA ASAP.
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
dr dams: Av been watching u..
Note dat its only a Chronic Retardeen that ll call his Presi a retardeen. Am nt a Fan of GEJ bt give honour to whom its due to #patroit#

U are watching me and so what? Are u ok at all?
Only a fool will honour a miserable leader that ate approx 1bilion naira worth of food in a financial year in the midst of abject poverty.
Continue with ur useless honour.
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
Bograd83: What abt d graduate intern dat registered since last year n yet no response 4rm d p
The GIS scheme was meant to match about 50,000 graduates with private firms/companies. Under the arrangement, the graduates will acquire skills,etc under the firms while FG pays their salaries. But so far, only 1, 937 firms have registered for the scheme for which only 293 met the set criteria and were approved by govt. Consequently, only a little over 1,000 graduates out of the almost 85,000 graduates that registered could be matched with the 293 firms. The challenge is that there are not enough firms to take all the graduates. The minister of finance has began campaigns to woo more firms to register for GIS so that more graduates can be sent to them. The more firms that register, the more graduates will be taken until it reaches the 50,000 limit. The GIS advert has been running on Channelstv for some time. Read more below:
http://nigeria.gounna.com/show/show/15243/1
http://allafrica.com/stories/201304300685.html
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
Goddex:

I thought you were intelligent.

Never knew u were this daft.

1 Like

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
[quote author=blacksta][/quote]

The fool simply won't bulge.
For instance,
He wants Fashola to give account of sure-p funds under the control of tewonde George goons.
That makes no sense to sane minds but retardeen cocck suckers.

3 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by taharqa: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Demdem:

The truth is for states not under the control of the killer party, the useless surep is controlled by agents of Jonathan as it is evidenced in lagos from ur post.
Technically, retardeen controls all surep funds.
Come on SHUT it tha, you PATHETIC being. The 56% share of SURE-P Fund due to States and LGAs are shared during d monthly FAAC meeting and go DIRECTLY to the Accounts of these States just the same way they receive their usual monthly allocations; and, they are free to use it which ever way they please. The part of d SURE-P fund that State Coordinators handle is d part of d FG's 44% which is set aside for some social services, esp d 3500 persons 'employed' per state; and they even do not directly handle d money involved. The point d @OP is making is: d FG has always been opened as to what they do with their 44% share, what then are States and LGAs doing with their 56% share they have been receiving on a monthly basis since Jan 2012 (with emphasis on d very Noisy ACN States). Simplicita!!!.... ADVICE yaself, fastt

3 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Ojobojo1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
@Insincere Nigerian, shut the f.u.ck up, stewpid fool, even with ol d proof given, u are still arguing blindly, dem jazz u ne

3 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Bograd83(f): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The GIS scheme was meant to match about 50,000 graduates with private firms/companies. Under the arrangement, the graduates will acquire skills,etc under the firms while FG pays their salaries. But so far, only 1, 937 firms have registered for the scheme for which only 293 met the set criteria and were approved by govt. Consequently, only a little over 1,000 graduates out of the almost 85,000 graduates that registered could be matched with the 293 firms. The challenge is that there are not enough firms to take all the graduates. The minister of finance has began campaigns to woo more firms to register for GIS so that more graduates can be sent to them. The more firms that register, the more graduates will be taken until it reaches the 50,000 limit. The GIS advert has been running on Channelstv for some time. Read more below:
http://nigeria.gounna.com/show/show/15243/1
http://allafrica.com/stories/201304300685.html
okay o o, its almost a year now God ll hep us o
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Ahasco(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
gregg2: Don't mind them! That does not concern them except to castigate blindly at the federal govt that seems to be more transparent than the state govt. The end shall tell, that I surely know

Bros, only FG seems to be giving account of how it's own share of the SURE - P funds is spend. Can't our media beam their searchlight on states and local governments too?
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by tomakint: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ojobojo1: @Insincere Nigerian, shut the f.u.ck up, stewpid fool, even with ol d proof given, u are still arguing blindly, dem jazz u ne
What is this one saying......are you on heavy sedation? All we are saying, tell your governors to present their own stewardship to you in figures undecided

3 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
taharqa: The 56% share of SURE-P Fund due to States and LGAs are shared during d monthly FAAC meeting and go DIRECTLY to the Accounts of these States just the same way they receive their usual monthly allocations; and, they are free to use it which ever way they please.

To be frank, it is up to the likes of Okupe to provide some evidence of corruption, which that SURE-P empowerment funds are being diverted to unintended causes at state level, as we have seen with Kaduna and Plateau. Beyond the reported cases of cronyism presented earlier, there is little the average Nairalander can actually do to further the cause of probity here, as these funds are bundled along with monthly allocations just as you rightly observed.

I interjected after reading @Sincere 9gerian post because his initial call for a 'selective appraisal' of states was as insincere as they come.

Lagos ACN spokesman, Joe Igbokwe, who dismissed the PDP’s challenge in a chat with Saturday Independent, said the projects embarked upon by the Lagos State government with its allocation from the SURE-P fund are all verifiable, adding that “the PDP has failed and looking for excuses for their incompetence’’

“In the first instance, our own share of the SURE-P comes as part of the state and local governments’ statutory allocations and how it is spent on development projects, is authorised by the state government. The projects that are being funded with the money are there for everyone to see. We have always said from the beginning that giving money to individuals rather than the states; people who are not known to the law on the guise that they are state coordinators of SURE-P implementation committees is illegal and from the information on ground, we have established that the so-called implementation committees are headed by the coordinators of the Jonathan 2015 presidential campaign.”he noted.

Source
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
taharqa: Come on SHUT it tha, you PATHETIC being. The 56% share of SURE-P Fund due to States and LGAs are shared during d monthly FAAC meeting and go DIRECTLY to the Accounts of these States just the same way they receive their usual monthly allocations; and, they are free to use it which ever way they please. The part of d SURE-P fund that State Coordinators handle is d part of d FG's 44% which is set aside for some social services, esp d 3500 persons 'employed' per state; and they even do not directly handle d money involved. The point d @OP is making is: d FG has always been opened as to what they do with their 44% share, what then are States and LGAs doing with their 56% share they have been receiving on a monthly basis since Jan 2012 (with emphasis on d very Noisy ACN States). Simplicita!!!.... ADVICE yaself, fastt

[b]Fool, good to see that u can now qoute me. grin grin

Firstly From Day 1, sane minds have called the whole sure nonsense a huge fraud. The so called 56% u kept on talking about is for the 36 states of the federation and Abuja FCT and their LGAs so be advised that the FG also receives part of the so called 56% as long as FG controls FCT.

Just like it was envisaged, its on record that the bulk of the surenonsense is being wasted and stolen by Jonathan goons. Most states/ state governors simply add it to their monthly allocation and work with it. Who cares if a project is surep or not as long as the job is done creditably well and states have credible projects to showcase.

SureP unlike the 13% derivation fund isnt backed by law and its foolish for u to think that the FG can determine how she wants the states to deliver her projects to the people (as in separate sureP projects from normal projects). The FG wants to separate its so called SureP projects and most states dont instead they add the paltry sum to the monthly allocation.

Dont get me wrong here, am not saying the states arent culpable in one way or the other but its a fact that the most culpable itself is the FG that originated this nonsense in the first instance and for sure squandering most of the funds.

If the FG can squander as much as this, will it have the courage to question the states if at all it has the powers to do so. The states are simply threading the path created and nurtured for them by a useless policy originated by Jonathan.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
taharqa: Come on SHUT it tha, you PATHETIC being. The 56% share of SURE-P Fund due to States and LGAs are shared during d monthly FAAC meeting and go DIRECTLY to the Accounts of these States just the same way they receive their usual monthly allocations; and, they are free to use it which ever way they please. The part of d SURE-P fund that State Coordinators handle is d part of d FG's 44% which is set aside for some social services, esp d 3500 persons 'employed' per state; and they even do not directly handle d money involved. The point d @OP is making is: d FG has always been opened as to what they do with their 44% share, what then are States and LGAs doing with their 56% share they have been receiving on a monthly basis since Jan 2012 (with emphasis on d very Noisy ACN States). Simplicita!!!.... ADVICE yaself, fastt
Forget the shameless hypocrite. He even said the over N150 billion SURE-P shared by the states in 2012 is "paltry sum". So we shouldn't ask how the "paltry sum" was used. While he wants us to dismiss N150 billion as "paltry sum", he has been going on and on about his imaginative N1 billion feeding budget. As if telling lies several times will automatically make it true. Hypocrites!

4 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by drdams: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Only a fool ll refuse to tackle d act. Only a fool will attach d personality irrationally. 1 of dose fools is Demdem.
I neva did dat to 'spike' a fight bt all a foolish man knows is to b aggressive all tyms.
Demdem:

U are watching me and so what? Are u ok at all?
Only a fool will honour a miserable leader that ate approx 1bilion naira worth of food in a financial year in the midst of abject poverty.
Continue with ur useless honour.

4 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
dr dams: Only a fool ll refuse to tackle d act. Only a fool will attach d personality irrationally. 1 of dose fools is Demdem.
I neva did dat to 'spike' a fight bt all a foolish man knows is to b aggressive all tyms.

Fool, u made no sense. U mean tackle the 1 Billion naira worth of food Jonathan and his cohorts ate in the midst of abject poverty or what?
How do one tackle that in present day Nigeria? By praying for them or cursing them?
U sound daft. really daft.

1 Like

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by drdams: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
Peace be unto u.
Demdem:

Fool, u made no sense. U mean tackle the 1 Billion naira worth of food Jonathan and his cohorts ate in the midst of abject poverty or what?
How do one tackle that in present day Nigeria? By praying for them or cursing them?
U sound daft. really daft.

1 Like

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
dr dams: Peace be unto u.

i already have peace. tackle ur miserable leaders.

1 Like

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by UyiIredia(m): 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
I don't think sincere 9gerian in sincere with the flaws that bedevil this government. In the first place, the people were hardly carried along in the implementation of the funds in popular media, this is as far as I know and quite possibly errant. I'm sure however that the more critical issue of bringing to book those who mismanaged the fuel subsidy of_don't forget #1.2 trillion_have been arrested and charged has been sidelined by a president clueless on how to handle corruption. Neither can I expect anything good to come out of SURE-P funds in a system well-primed to suck money for a few in an OVER-CENTRALIZED central government, the reason why state autonomy is not considered seriously by our 'honourables' is simple_oyel money !
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by dougivilla(m): 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Demdem:

Bros take am easy! Why call everyone dat disagrees with you a f.o.ol? I hope d mods are alive to their responsibilities!

The op only asked for what happened to state's sure p funds. The sane thing to do is respond if you have any idea, or shut up if you don't.

we know theres lots of frustration out there, the question was not intended to be an avenue for you to vent yours on intelegent nairalanders or a government thats trying to give accounts of her stewardship!

3 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
dougivilla: Bros take am easy! Why call everyone dat disagrees with you a f.o.ol? I hope d mods are alive to their responsibilities!

U need to get ur facts right. I have no issues with those that disagree with me. That itself is the spice of life. I only responded in kind to those that threw the first stone. Demdem doesnt initiate insults.

The op only asked for what happened to state's sure p funds. The sane thing to do is respond if you have any idea, or shut up if you don't.

And we already gave our response. Am sure ur eyes are wide open to view such

[s]we know theres lots of frustration out there, the question was not intended to be an avenue for you to vent yours on intelegent nairalanders or a government thats trying to give accounts of her stewardship![/s]

Crap.
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by drdams: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
U dont have peace and u might nt av if u continue being xtremely emotional.
The fact that u readily available to insult any1 dat counters ur ideaologies makes u appear lyk a frustrated entity.
There ar matured and reasonable steps to activism, nt ur recalcitrant and combative approach on a faceless forum.
Demdem:

2 Likes

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Demdem(m): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
dr dams: U dont have peace and u might nt av if u continue being xtremely emotional.

Who are u to determine who has peace and who doesnt? because u experience the opposite doesnt mean all experience the same. Anyway, what has ur not having peace gat to do with the discussion here?

The fact that u readily available to insult any1 dat counters ur ideaologies makes u appear lyk a frustrated entity.

its unfortunate u now depend on lies to remain relevant. prove this assertion that i insult those that have different stance to mine and not that i insult those that insult me first. Its obvious u are the frustrated fellow here by virtue of ur shameless lies. What a pathetic soul.

[s]There ar matured and reasonable steps to activism, nt ur recalcitrant and combative approach on a faceless forum.[/s]

Rubbish. Just theory, no action. Thread ur path alone if it works for u. Nonsense.
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Here in kogi state under the criminal administration of the pdp rogues we have not seen anything tangible from the surep nonsense. The pdp govermnet in kogi state have looted the state dry. We have suffered much from these pdp thieves. Enough is enough it is high time we kick pdp out of kogi state
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by taharqa: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2013
lakhadimar: Here in kogi state under the criminal administration of the pdp rogues we have not seen anything tangible from the surep nonsense. The pdp govermnet in kogi state have looted the state dry. We have suffered much from these pdp thieves. Enough is enough it is high time we kick pdp out of kogi state
YOU have not seen anytin Good from SURE-P, although you are from Kogi, right? YOU hv not seen anytin from SURE-P in Kogi even though much of d Aladja-Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Guage Rail Line are in Kogi YOU have not seen anytin from SURE-P even though much of d Abuja-Lokoja Rd passes through Kogi YOU hv not seen anytin from SURE-P even though d Resuscitated Lagos-Kano Line takes sm detour tru parts of Kogi YOU hv not seen anytin from SURE-P even though at least 3500 persons hv been 'employed' by the scheme ??! Etc.... YOU sure ya are not BLIND?
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by AZeD1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
taharqa: YOU have not seen anytin Good from SURE-P, although you are from Kogi, right? YOU hv not seen anytin from SURE-P in Kogi even though much of d Aladja-Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Guage Rail Line are in Kogi YOU have not seen anytin from SURE-P even though much of d Abuja-Lokoja Rd passes through Kogi YOU hv not seen anytin from SURE-P even though d Resuscitated Lagos-Kano Line takes sm detour tru parts of Kogi YOU hv not seen anytin from SURE-P even though at least 3500 persons hv been 'employed' by the scheme ??! Etc.... YOU sure ya are not BLIND?
Not everybody celebrates mediocrity like you. The dude lives in Kogi state and i'm pretty sure he is more informed about the affairs in Kogi state.
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by taharqa: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
A-ZeD:

Not everybody celebrates mediocrity like you. The dude lives in Kogi state and i'm pretty sure he is more informed about the affairs in Kogi state.
shattap!!
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by AZeD1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
taharqa: shattap!!
Is that all you can say

How about you blocking my IP

1 Like

Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
what's this mo'ron saying? How dare you mention someone's family cos you're on a faceless thread/forum?

Sincere 9gerian:
Re: Transparency: How We Spent N453bn On SURE-P —Presidency by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Yes you're right...he doesn't know your entire life has been a mediocre one, neither does he know that instead of ur wife you impregnated ur househelp instead another mediocre step.....optimisation or excellence ain't in ur dictionary or how else would you've known that you're a sorry symbol of mediocrity....no wonder it finds you everywhere! Birds of a feather flock together!

taharqa: shattap!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vintage pics from first royal visit to nigeria(1957) / 75,000 Nigerians Studying In Ghana / 2015: Fashola Dismisses Speculation Of Being Running Mate To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.