Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! (10927 Views)

I Want To Try Other Phones But See The Reason Bb Is Holding Me Down,pls Help / Globalcom Configuration Procedure On My Htc Touch Pro 2 / Nigerian "globalcom" Enters Indian Telecom Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Omexonomy: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2013
semid4lyfe: Isn't the solution to this as easy as loading the N250 so your account can be cleared and you're debt free undecided
it is happening to almost all their coustomers.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by BetaThings: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Rooted Word: Dont waste your time with Glo. As far as I am concerned, the network has lost its flair. That was the way I battled with them till I ported to Airtel, now I am enjoying the best tariff of my life: Airtel 2Good Premier, 10k/sec to all networks after first minute of 40k/sec. Port ASAP
Glo does not give a damn, especially on matters like this. They will promise, promise, but nothing will be done
They are banking on you getting frustrated
How are they to "rule their world" if they were to listen to others
Join a network that will serve (and not rule) you
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by casiello(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2013
OP, stop bothering yourself. Nothing in this world is perfect, not even technology. From your predicament, you simply have 3 options. Firstly, you can port to another network. Second option, you buy another sim card and register it. Thirdly, you can query glo customer care services and also forward your complaint to NCC. My advise is that you exercise one of the first 2 options and then move on to other meaningful things in your life that's worth your time.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by born2boink(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2013
My life is not glued to anyone likewise my network too. If one messes up, I break it easily.....I have broken more than 10 different sims with network frustration
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by dabigwalls: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2013
Sorry about your challenge sir. I am certain that given that you have complained to the appropriate authorities and contacts in Glo, a resolution will soon be effected. In the meantime, some effort will go into solving this problem.

Networks are not as bad as we think they are sometimes because after all is said and done, they are technologies that are susceptible to a number of elements and variables that work against their efficiency in an uncontrollable manner. Nevertheless, the Glo network is built around you - the user hence a number of interventions that were proudly unique to Glo. When other networks were breaking your bank accounts with per minute billing, Glo introduced per second billing. That philosophy surrounds everything about the Network that glows with pride, encourages you to rule your world and to believe that your capacity and potentials as a person are Unlimited.

Please expect my call.

2 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Ahmeduana(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2013
^^TALKIN ABOUT AIRTEL, dey are d worst of d thieves. 2011, airtel STOLE 10,420 from dis line>08028337344<after goin 2 their ofice tyms witout #, dey finaly acepted dat is 2ru & dat dey av problem wit their 6tem, as i am typin d 6tem as not been rectify
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by dfolan: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2013
[quote author=muchmonie]Having problem with mtn data service too, could you believe Av subscribed up to three times in a monthI'm having same problem as you too, mtn are just ripping people off
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by johnwarax(m): 11:09am On Oct 16, 2013
Rooted Word: Dont waste your time with Glo. As far as I am concerned, the network has lost its flair. That was the way I battled with them till I ported to Airtel, now I am enjoying the best tariff of my life: Airtel 2Good Premier, 10k/sec to all networks after first minute of 40k/sec. Port ASAP
I think Glo is beta. My glo is 10k/sec to all network without any first minute of any sought.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2013
naptu2: Contact the Nigerian Communications Commission or attend one of the "NCC Consumers Parliament". Click on the link below to contact the NCC.

http://www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=118

Thanks so much!
I will do that right away
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by wellmax(m): 11:14am On Oct 16, 2013
I have tried severally to get help from customer care but on all occassions that i have called customer care, all they tell me is that their Engineers are carrying out system maintenance and that they cannot view my line on their system, and as such, they cannot help now but i should call back later.

That's what Glo customer care will say whenever they can't solve your issues. Its like its part of their training Ŧo lie.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 11:15am On Oct 16, 2013
Coldfeet: Go to their office and break the sim in to bits and drop it in their trash can! And go get yourself another! Case closed! I had a similar problem with them sometime ago. Though I still use glo but another sim.

Dats wat I intend to do this month end, and I am not even going back to them. They can shove their useless network up their asses.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 11:19am On Oct 16, 2013
Elliotwiz1: these network providers don't offer good services, but i know they won't intentionally do that to extort money from you.

So I am complaining for fun or I don't know my left from right again. Please if don't have a solution to my problem, atleast don't compound it for me!
U re not the one not been affected
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by hammedkola(m): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2013
Just walk-up to any customer care
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by olaezebala: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2013
Guy, troway that sim and get another ooo.
MTN too de always debit me 200 naira monthly den. I call tire but dem claim say I don register for one package way dem self no know. I gots runaway ni ooo
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2013
I m using this opportunity to call on all nairalanders to debate and agreed on a date to switch of our phones in protest to the poor services of these network providers, ncc can not help.... Its by the hard way we can do it. Let them wittness some lost in a day or two i m sure there will sit up. I beg all of una make una consider my proposal
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nextworldnx(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2013
Ornaments':
lol..
don't worry, my sister is a staff. I av copied ur no 4 her. she sed she'd call u wen she get to the office today. so expect her call. smiley wink

Are u serious or just playing around?
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nextworldnx:

So I am complaining for fun or I don't know my left from right again. Please if don't have a solution to my problem, atleast don't compound it for me!
U re not the one not been affected
has your problem also affected how your brain functions?what i'm trying to say is that it must be a technical problem that was not intentional
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Parisbee5(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Op Thanks alot. Your complain has been noted and will be attended to promptly. However, you need to contact a glo outlet closest to you to lodge your complain, this will assist glo to document it for prompt attntion. In the mean time, I advice you to hold on to the best network provider in Nigeria and Africa at large. Kindly withdraw any of such similar posts you might have had or intend to post in any media. Lastly, NCC might not be a sure bet due to some certain reasons.. To retain your pride, Stick to Glo, to rule your world, Glo is your sure bet. God bless Nigeria, God bless Globacom and God bless you/nairalanders
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Gadario: 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2013

Hello Dude! Pls hw can i migrate to Airtel 2Good premier and enjoy calls @ 10K/second to all networks.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by J0sh007: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
pekelepekele:

You can say that again bro and in fact their new style of scamming people now is through their browsing data . Glo 4gb is just 3gb but you won't notice that if you are not checking on the graph
exactly! Check my recent topic i made that same complaint
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Dovy: 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Glo have lost their pride especially in South East Enugu precisely, it al started when i subscribed to data plan of 3gb, up today i hv nt recieved d plan, so there are thieves and lairs. My team from University of Ohia nd Seuol University are planing for them. Pls check d site www./signup/dovy
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by seun001(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
Apparently, peeps don't know you can't port if you are owing your current network.The porting will fail and keep your line in limbo.So make sure you rectify the problem before trying to port.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by sylve11: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
sambas: Experienced same fate with my mtn line, not until i went to one of their offices.. Met one on one with the manager, I told him to bring his ears closer which he did.. I then shouted "your father " I also inserted the sim card into his ear...

seriously! grin grin cool
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by sylve11: 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Parisbee5: @Op Thanks alot. Your complain has been noted and will be attended to promptly. However, you need to contact a glo outlet closest to you to lodge your complain, this will assist glo to document it for prompt attntion. In the mean time, I advice you to hold on to the best network provider in Nigeria and Africa at large. Kindly withdraw any of such similar posts you might have had or intend to post in any media. Lastly, NCC might not be a sure bet due to some certain reasons.. To retain your pride, Stick to Glo, to rule your world, Glo is your sure bet. God bless Nigeria, God bless Globacom and God bless you/nairalanders

r u ok? cool

2 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by mbulela: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
dabigwalls: Sorry about your challenge sir. I am certain that given that you have complained to the appropriate authorities and contacts in Glo, a resolution will soon be effected. In the meantime, some effort will go into solving this problem.

Networks are not as bad as we think they are sometimes because after all is said and done, they are technologies that are susceptible to a number of elements and variables that work against their efficiency in an uncontrollable manner. Nevertheless, the Glo network is built around you - the user hence a number of interventions that were proudly unique to Glo. When other networks were breaking your bank accounts with per minute billing, Glo introduced per second billing. That philosophy surrounds everything about the Network that glows with pride, encourages you to rule your world and to believe that your capacity and potentials as a person are Unlimited.

Please expect my call.
So because you introduced per second billing, users should remain servants to crappy services for the rest of their lives?
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by UkwuNnu(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Where is @lulu when you need him most? undecided
The great apostle of Glo that even defends them more than a paid staff.

The arrogance some supposed GLO staffs are exhibiting here is appalling

2 Likes

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by chucky234(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
runzlord: mtn should sue them to court for patent right/copying of scaming methods!
This got me laughing loud inside TFC in Festac,people around me including my wife taught I had gone mad.

1 Like

Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by chucky234(m): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
VALENCI: Port to etisalat asap and if you still like glo then port back after 3months.
Port back ke, Glo go calculate 3 months debt keep dey wait for am to port back ,imagine say OP open him phone only to see say the debt don change from 250.00NGN to 250.00NGN X 93days.
lol.... OP go faint straight
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by naptu2: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Parisbee5: @Op Thanks alot. Your complain has been noted and will be attended to promptly. However, you need to contact a glo outlet closest to you to lodge your complain, this will assist glo to document it for prompt attntion. In the mean time, I advice you to hold on to the best network provider in Nigeria and Africa at large. Kindly withdraw any of such similar posts you might have had or intend to post in any media. Lastly, NCC might not be a sure bet due to some certain reasons.. To retain your pride, Stick to Glo, to rule your world, Glo is your sure bet. God bless Nigeria, God bless Globacom and God bless you/nairalanders

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is funny.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Remedy4gud: 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
the kind of service these network providers render these days is nothing to write home abt.

Mtn is d worst-hit network.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by Nutase: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
I've not loaded my glo sim in like 2 months now and the reason is dat I discovered they yank my money wen I load. I just sat down one day and asked myself if its possible for my credit to always hit zero naira whenever I call. At least I expect some kobos to remain. I was tinkin I was d only one until my oga in d ofis was lamenting loading his fone and in less dan 24 hours witout making any reasonable call his airtime was reading zero naira. That was when I narrated my experience to him and he has joined me in only receiving calls on his glo line.
We all complain dat MTN are thieves but I'm yet to be able to classify glo cos dey are worse then armed robbers.
Re: Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! by RootedWord1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
johnwarax: I think Glo is beta. My glo is 10k/sec to all network without any first minute of any sought.
Which tariff plan is that please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Mobile Hosts 50 Fans To A Party (Photos) / Airtel NG Is Dishing Out 10mb & N400 Worth Airtime,get Urs Now! / Where Can I Download High Quality Mp3 Songs For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.