Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) (1624 Views)

Ojukwu Knew Obi Would Dump APGA – Obiano’s Aide / Anambra: INEC, APGA, Obiano Dragged To Court Over Double Registration / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2013
MILLIONS OF ANAMBRA TRADERS VOW TO SHUN
APGA(OBIANO) FOR CALLING THEM SECOND
CLASS CITIZENS
ONITSHA — Registered voters in Nigeria,
under the aegis of Conference of Nigeria
Registered Voters, CNRV, have warned
traders in Anambra State against voting for
the flag bearer of the All Progressives Grand
Alliance, APGA, Mr. Willie Obiano in the
November 16 governorship election in the
state.
President of CNRV, Mr Jezie Ekejiuba who
sounded this note of warning in a
statement yesterday in Onitsha, said their
grouse was because of Obiano’s recent
campaign speech where he was quoted as
describing traders as second class citizens
in the state.
Obiano reportedly said: “I am pained when
people dismiss Anambra indigenes as
traders. A state that gave the world Chinua
Achebe, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Kenneth Dike, Alex
Ekwueme and Odumegwu Ojukwu cannot
afford to play second fiddle to its
contemporaries in education.”
According to Ekejiuba, who is also a human
rights lawyer, ‘’registered voters consider
this statement coming from Obiano as an
insult to traders in Anambra State, as most
of whom are eminent personalities and
graduates with bachelors and masters
degrees.’’
CNRV added that by referring to Anambra
traders as citizens who play second fiddle
because of lack of education, Obiano meant
that they ‘’have little or no education,’’
adding that ‘’this is a wrong assumption
which is to say the least, unfortunate.’’
He further said that, “Anambra State is
inhabited by proud traders and
professionals. The state is what it is today
because of the great contributions of her
proud and prosperous market traders. This
is not surprising because the state is home
to the biggest market in West Africa- the
popular and historic Onitsha Main Market.”
Describing Obiano’s speech as reckless,
Ekejiuba asked the APGA’s governorship
candidate to apologize to the traders
without further delay, as the speech had
exposed him as one who was likely to
pursue anti-traders’ policies if voted into
office.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by ochilikoko(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Thankgodifeduba: MILLIONS OF ANAMBRA TRADERS VOW TO SHUN
APGA(OBIANO) FOR CALLING THEM SECOND
CLASS CITIZENS
ONITSHA — Registered voters in Nigeria,
under the aegis of Conference of Nigeria
Registered Voters, CNRV, have warned
traders in Anambra State against voting for
the flag bearer of the All Progressives Grand
Alliance, APGA, Mr. Willie Obiano in the
November 16 governorship election in the
state.
President of CNRV, Mr Jezie Ekejiuba who
sounded this note of warning in a
statement yesterday in Onitsha, said their
grouse was because of Obiano’s recent
campaign speech where he was quoted as
describing traders as second class citizens
in the state.
Obiano reportedly said: “I am pained when
people dismiss Anambra indigenes as
traders. A state that gave the world Chinua
Achebe, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Kenneth Dike, Alex
Ekwueme and Odumegwu Ojukwu cannot
afford to play second fiddle to its
contemporaries in education.”
According to Ekejiuba, who is also a human
rights lawyer, ‘’registered voters consider
this statement coming from Obiano as an
insult to traders in Anambra State, as most
of whom are eminent personalities and
graduates with bachelors and masters
degrees.’’
CNRV added that by referring to Anambra
traders as citizens who play second fiddle
because of lack of education, Obiano meant
that they ‘’have little or no education,’’
adding that ‘’this is a wrong assumption
which is to say the least, unfortunate.’’
He further said that, “Anambra State is
inhabited by proud traders and
professionals. The state is what it is today
because of the great contributions of her
proud and prosperous market traders. This
is not surprising because the state is home
to the biggest market in West Africa- the
popular and historic Onitsha Main Market.”
Describing Obiano’s speech as reckless,
Ekejiuba asked the APGA’s governorship
candidate to apologize to the traders
without further delay, as the speech had
exposed him as one who was likely to
pursue anti-traders’ policies if voted into
office.
arrant Nonsence.Am neighther Obiano's supporter nor Ngige cos both meant no well for d poor masses....

1 Like

Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Zonacom(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Mteew! The so called market trader is just looking for a fault where non exists.
And how does the opinion of few men amount to those of millions? Op i'm asking you?
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Zona.com:
Mteew! The so called market trader is just looking for a fault where non exists.
And how does the opinion of few men amount to those of millions? Op i'm asking you?
@Commentator He is the Leader and mouthpicse of Millions of Disgrunted Traders! I'm telling you
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by asha80(m): 8:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Thankgodifeduba: @Commentator He is the Leader and mouthpicse of Millions of Disgrunted Traders! I'm telling you
keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by abagoro(m): 9:05am On Oct 16, 2013
They learnt this tactics from Obi. Very funny but strategic point.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by sammy6(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2013
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STATEMENT. POLITICS IN 9JA SHA. I'M SURE THE TRADERS PRESIDENT IS BRING SPONSORED BY ANOTHER PARTY?
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by PakayICE: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2013
This is complete nonsense, it doesn't make sense Mr Thankgodifeduba, you know very well your comments are false. You can do better than coming up with rubbish comments just to run Willie Obiano down.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 16, 2013
PakayICE: This is complete nonsense, it doesn't make sense Mr Thankgodifeduba, you know very well your comments are falls.
It is morally wrong for an aspiring governor to refer to any section of the Populace as Second class citizens because the are traders. He have to apologise

1 Like

Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by FreeGlobe(f): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
abagoro: They learnt this tactics from Obi. Very funny but strategic point.
its indeed funny, Peter obi first started the politics of raising propaganda against people
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by BrokenTV: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thankgodifeduba: @Commentator He is the Leader and mouthpicse of Millions of Disgrunted Traders! I'm telling you
will he also vote for them.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by gotty(m): 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
I am just curios if the traders are in millions, then I guess there are billions of registered voters in Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
they all jst make noise...i bet 90% of these trader does not voters card. On the election day, they will jst assemble in beer palours downing plenty bottles of alcohol while Obi and his learned colleagues do the voting.....yea,nice try.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by biafranqueen: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
gotty: I am just curios if the traders are in millions, then I guess there are billions of registered voters in Anambra State.
I wonder oo undecided
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by biafranqueen: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
$ammy:
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STATEMENT. POLITICS IN 9JA SHA. I'M SURE THE TRADERS PRESIDENT IS BRING SPONSORED BY ANOTHER PARTY?
You see his moniker I am not surprised probable Chief Ifey himself, because the way he comprehended what was said Chei. If your a member of NL you will know that is what some small boys try and use as an insult to Igbo's. I always wonder why they don't use it against Dangote because before he procured loans for factories, he was an importer and his grandfather was the richest man in the North and most of Nigeria because of import and export. Absolutely nothing wrong with what he said!
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
if i were ifeanyi uba, i would move in for the kill with this careless and thoughtless gaffe from the amateur stooge called obiano
this election is ifeanyi ubas to lose
there are more traders in anambra than so called first class citizens
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
i went to the so called rally,and i can confidently tell you the venue was visibly scanty, people went there just to get a share of any freebie, which played out as at 2.00pm people started trooping out after maltina drinks were shared, the small crowd that remained to the end were mainly rented crowd.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by cKaiser: 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
cowleg: i went to the so called rally,and i can confidently tell you the venue was visibly scanty, people went there just to get a share of any freebie, which played out as at 2.00pm people started trooping out after maltina drinks were shared, the small crowd that remained to the end were mainly rented crowd.

Na wa oo

So Obaino not only misyarns he cant even defend his mandate that A so called Illiterate Ifeanyi Ubah floors him in a debate
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
cowleg: i went to the so called rally,and i can confidently tell you the venue was visibly scanty, people went there just to get a share of any freebie, which played out as at 2.00pm people started trooping out after maltina drinks were shared, the small crowd that remained to the end were mainly rented crowd.

we shall see how many voters they will buy on elections day
thieves
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by ik4life: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Obiano is clueless,I was at d campaign,they have nothing to offer,they couldn't tell the people what they have done in 8 years and then ask them 4 a fresh mandate they were busy abusing ngige,apc and ifeanyi ubah.the worse is that the guy obiano has no idea of what governance and politic is all about,he was busy talking nonsense,he was neither here nor there.he even promised insecurity and the whole place bursted into laughter,he can't stand ngige and ifeanyi ubah in a debate,it will be a disaster if this guy is voted in 2 office cos he will be teleguided by obi and his apga cabals though he looks like a nice guy and a humble person but he is not prepared 4 this race,he was so uncoordinated in his speech,he lack the charisma to move the crowd, he also lack composure and has no vision 4 the state.he is not the right man anambra is waiting 4
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by cKaiser: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
ik4life: Obiano is clueless,I was at d campaign,they have nothing to offer,they couldn't tell the people what they have done 4 they in 8 years and then ask them 4 a fresh mandate they were busy abusing ngige,apc and ifeanyi ubah.the worse is that they guy obiano has no iota of what governance and politic is all about,he was busy talking nonsense,he was neither here nor there.[size=15pt]he even promised insecurity and the whole place burst into laughter,[/size]he can't stand ngige and ifeanyi ubah in a debate,it will be a disaster if this guy is voted in 2 office cos he will be teleguided though he looks like a nice guy and a humble person but he is not prepared 4 this race,he was so uncoordinated in his speech,he lack the charisma to move the crowd and he also lack composure

Anambra don enter one chance.

Governorship candidate dey promise una insecurity

That means more people would need to flee from the insecurity of Obaino
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by ik4life: 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
cKaiser:

Anambra don enter one chance.

Governorship candidate dey promise una insecurity

That means more people would need to flee from the insecurity of Obaino
I think he wanted 2 say he will provide security so he said insecurity,he lacks confidence.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
ik4life: I think he wanted 2 say he will provide security so he said insecurity,he lacks confidence.
you are right, i dont know obiano and i can boast that 99% of Anambrarians dont know who obiano was until after APGA guber primaries, the man looks calm and gentle but obviously he lacks the qualities of a good leader, i see him as very fragile to partake in the tussle of Anambra politicking. He is just a stooge planted by Peter Obi and the APGA goons to satisfy there selfish interest.

I listened to the interview of the high profiled guest, none of them made a positive comment about obiano, they are only busy praising peter obi's administration which is a normal thing in the comity of sycophants.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by Ikengawo: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
the mere notion that there are 1 million people all trading things in Anambra is laughable. If 1 million people in a state 5 million are trading who is buying? mathematically everyone will make 5 sales in their lifetime in the most perfect scenario.
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by ik4life: 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
cowleg:
you are right, i dont know obiano and i can boast that 99% of Anambrarians dont know who obiano was until after APGA guber primaries, the man looks calm and gentle but obviously he lacks the qualities of a good leader, i see him as very fragile to partake in the tussle of Anambra politicking. He is just a stooge planted by Peter Obi and the APGA goons to satisfy there selfish interest.

I listened to the interview of the high profiled guest, none of them made a positive comment about obiano, they are only busy praising peter obi's administration which is a normal thing in the comity of sycophants.
they are bunch of sycophants I was waiting 4 obi 2 tell us is numerous achievements he was busy talking about deportation and ngige flaging off his campaign on ofala day.this apga people don't have any map-out plan 4 anambra state.I pity my people because if this people grab power 4 another 4 years with the character of obiano there will be massive looting,so many pocket will be kept satisfied.this is the reason for all this noise they don't have the interest of the poor at heart
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by biafranqueen: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
ik4life: Obiano is clueless,I was at d campaign,they have nothing to offer,they couldn't tell the people what they have done in 8 years and then ask them 4 a fresh mandate they were busy abusing ngige,apc and ifeanyi ubah.the worse is that the guy obiano has no idea of what governance and politic is all about,he was busy talking nonsense,he was neither here nor there.he even promised insecurity and the whole place bursted into laughter,he can't stand ngige and ifeanyi ubah in a debate,it will be a disaster if this guy is voted in 2 office cos he will be teleguided by obi and his apga cabals though he looks like a nice guy and a humble person but he is not prepared 4 this race,he was so uncoordinated in his speech,he lack the charisma to move the crowd, he also lack composure and has no vision 4 the state.he is not the right man anambra is waiting 4
So you were one of the PAID crowd that was suppose to be RENTED ? grin So what did he say that was nonsense? Just curious
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by biafranqueen: 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ikengawo: the mere notion that there are 1 million people all trading things in Anambra is laughable. If 1 million people in a state 5 million are trading who is buying? mathematically everyone will make 5 sales in their lifetime in the most perfect scenario.
Can you imagine
Re: Millions Of Anambra Traders Vow To Shun Apga(obiano) by ik4life: 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
biafranqueen: So you were one of the PAID crowd that was suppose to be RENTED ? grin So what did he say that was nonsense? Just curious
I don't like making irrelevant people relevant,it is not in my nature

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi Generates 1.5billion Monthly / I And My Family Will Vote Goodluck Jonathan. / Photo: Gunmen Kill Traditional Ruler In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.