Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Jonathan's National Conference.. Fictions, Fallacies And Realities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's National Conference.. Fictions, Fallacies And Realities (409 Views)

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) / Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's National Conference.. Fictions, Fallacies And Realities by seanet01: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2013
I know this will definitely lead to me being called another hater but surely my conscience is clear and precise.

I hope people will be able to see through the Fallacies and Realities of the National Conference being hurled around the market by Jonathan and His henchmen.

National conference as being proposed by Jonathan is being organized by his administration in order for Nigerian people to talk about the many problems battling the nation.

I have waited patiently enough for the modalities on which the national conference will be organized and conducted to be submitted to the Presidency by The Senator Okorounmu led committee set up to work out the modalities of the National Conference.

However, the President made a statement yesterday which have already summarize the end of any deliberation and decision taken at the national Conference.
The President categorically and emphatically stated that The outcome of the proposed National Conference will be SUBJECT TO RATIFICATION BY THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

With this declaration the President has made it clear to all and sundry that the National Conference will not be Sovereign.

This translates to the decisions of the National conference not being binding and legal without the ratification of the National Assembly

I will be analyzing some issues which i think sane and proper minds will be able to discern.

The Modalities should not be an issue at least for now that the President has stated that the National Assembly conference will ratify the outcome of the conference.

There are many decisions that will be taken at the Conference that will not be acceptable to some parts of Nation (Probably the political Elites at least)

How is the President going to ensure that the decisions taken at the National conference will scale through ratification at the National Assembly?

How is the Northern Dominated National Assembly going to ratify a National Conference which may have taken decisions like 50% |Derivation principle, State police, true Federalism and other issues that the Northern leaders are viewing (Albeit myopically) as threats to the survival of their region?

Is there going to be a time frame withing which the National Assembly must act on the Conference Outcome so as not to waste unnecessary time and avoid feet dragging?

What if the Northern Dominated National Assembly eventually defeat the efforts of the National Conference by voting against issues like Derivation, true federalism and other important issues?

Are we going to set up another National Conference if the National Assembly rejects the National conference decisions?

People should please put tribal and party affiliations aside and reason like a sane mind.

Any National Conference that is not Sovereign is bound to Fail.

The Inability Of President Goodluck Jonathan To Convince The Northern Dominated National Assembly To Sign The PIB Bill Is An Eye opener. Nigerian Please Sharpen Up
Re: Jonathan's National Conference.. Fictions, Fallacies And Realities by seanet01: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Nigerians please wisen up
Re: Jonathan's National Conference.. Fictions, Fallacies And Realities by seanet01: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2013
It is a pity Nigerians especially our Niger Delta people will not rise above tribal affiliations on issues that affect their Prosperity.
People like Edwin Clarks, Fasheun, and Co knew deep inside them that this is another macabre dance
Re: Jonathan's National Conference.. Fictions, Fallacies And Realities by seanet01: 8:24am On Oct 16, 2013
i

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Aide, Oronto Douglas’ Sister Kidnapped In Bayelsa! / Stop Celebrating Mediocrity, Facebook Fans Tell PDP / Aviation Ministry Confirms Purchase Of N255m Vehicles For Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.