Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari (15411 Views)

GEJ Urges The Implementation Nat"l Conference Report - Vanguard / 7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday / President Dumps National Conference Report –source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by erunz(m): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2016
Founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to implement the recommendations of the 2014 National Conference.

In a state of the nation address in his church entitled: ‘Road map to successful change,’ Bakare argued that though the All Progressives Congress, APC, refused to participate in the exercise, the report was done by Nigerians.

He said: “Let it be known that in spite of the rejection of our pre-election call for a transition period, Nigeria is now a nation in transition. This transition period will predictably be followed by a revolution which will, in turn, be followed by a reformation that will eventually usher in the desired transformation of our nation.

“A key outcome of this process will be the emergence of a true People’s Constitution that will facilitate national integration and provide a suitable governmental framework for the Nigeria of our dreams – a truly federal state with such powers vested exclusively on the federal government as are necessary to firmly and prosperously knit together the federating units upon which residual powers shall be vested.

“That promise of true federalism is contained in Article 14 of the Nigerian Charter for National Reconciliation and Integration, which was unanimously adopted and signed by the delegates to the 2014 National Conference, including myself, as the basis of our union.

“I appeal to Mr. President not to ignore the report of the 2014 National Conference! God went ahead of you to provide a navigational map with which you can begin to steer the ship of state to a safe destination.

“The APC may have refused to participate in the 2014 National Conference, but the report of that conference is completely in tandem with the promise of the APC Manifesto.

“The APC Manifesto and the report of the 2014 National Conference are a tag team in waiting, not a thesis and antithesis. Just as this government adopted the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, IPPIS, the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System, GIFMIS, and the Treasury Single Account, TSA1, which were conceived by the Goodluck Jonathan administration, the Buhari-led government should embrace the report of the 2014 National Conference.

“That report may have been produced under a PDP government but it is not a PDP document. It is a Nigerian people’s document. All the delegates to the 2014 National Conference, East, West, North, and South endorsed the report without a single vote on any issue.”

On the economy, Bakare said the country must examine the diversification thrust not just in terms of the over-reliance of the federal government on petroleum for export revenue but also in the failure of state and local governments to internally generate revenue.

He said, “The need for diversification also brings to the fore the question of viability of states in relation to the need for economies of scale. Can the states, as presently constituted, maximize their endowments even if more power were to be devolved to them? This, I believe, also explains the inability of states to optimize agriculture as it is on the Concurrent Legislative List.”

Noting that the present system is severely wasteful, Bakare added that “Left as is, it will continue to generate as well as perpetuate a syndicate of scams and profligacy at all levels of government; we need to change our Grundnorm by creating a true federal system of government while making the welfare and security of our people the raison d’être of government; we need to change our cash and carry judicial and legislative systems.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/11/adopt-jonathans-national-conference-report-bakare-tells-buhari/?utm_source=dlvr.it_nnd&utm_medium=twitter

9 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 8:41am On Jan 11, 2016
Talk is cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
this is my first comment for the year 2016 so I must make it count.

<<<<<Clears throat>>>>>

The National conference is an Igbo Conference because it was organized by an Igbo Man named Ebele Jonathan. The Buhari's Government shall organize an all inclusive National Conference which shall be to the benefit of all Nigeria. It shall not be called national conference. It shall be called The Nigerian Accord 2016.
Note that the accord must reorganize the dominant ethnic group in Nigeria and shall henceforth reorganize that ethnic group as The Owners of Nigeria and also The Protectors of Nigeria. Criteria for selecting the dominant ethnic group should be Land Mass and Population of the Ethnic Group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by PRYCE(m): 8:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Why's Rev. Bakare All Over the place?

From Arrest Emefiele to Implement Jonathan's Confab report!

I'm wondering why a report from a "discredited" regime should be implemented by a "Saintly" regime!

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by SamJed(m): 8:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Honestly speaking that confab report is one of the solutions to our problems. This administration should look into it. The earlier the better, but it seems the northerners don't want it because they think it won't favour them...

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by tomakint: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2016
This is why I respect Pastor Tunde Bakare's position on National Issues that are sensitive......the adoption of that Conference Report is the need of the hour for this government. Good one there Pastor TB

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by SamJed(m): 8:50am On Jan 11, 2016
Honestly speaking that confab report is one of the solutions to our problems. This administration should look into it. The earlier the better...

12 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by prospero5(m): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2016
how i wish politics would make a way to vote for persons not political parties. These persons with virtues i admire come to mind- buhari, fashola, jonathan, bakare,...

4 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by tomakint: 8:54am On Jan 11, 2016
PRYCE:
Why's Rev. Bakare All Over the place?

From Arrest Emefiele to Implement Jonathan's Confab report!

I'm wondering why a report from a "discredited" regime should be implemented by a "Saintly" regime!
You can just imagine the irony of life......I have learnt one good thing in life, which is, do that which is good irrespective of your detractors views because somehow they will still come back to honour your "rejected work" cheesy cheesy

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 11, 2016
President Buhari will surely convene his own conference to show Goodluck how National conference is done.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by drss(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2016
hahahahahahahahha! If una tink say gen buari dullard go implement GEJ's confab report den una go wait till eternity. A.bo.kis hate restructuring.

22 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2016
"Not everything that is needful is expedient"
PMB does not need to adopt the report of the 2014 national conference holistically before he can successfully navigate the ship of the Nigerian state to an enviable destination.

The conference was a shenanigan to settle political patrons, the agenda was needful but not expedient as any proactive executive government could have lobbied it through the legislators.

The one million dollars question begging for an answer is that, what stop GEJ from adopting the report before his ouster if he really meant well for the said report?

4 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by otukpo(f): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2016
If only he will hear.

4 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Positiveminds(m): 9:01am On Jan 11, 2016
It has pleased the mods to lift the ban on my account. I will always oppose the evils of the day.

The pastor stated the bitter truth many won't want to face.

12 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by PRYCE(m): 9:02am On Jan 11, 2016
tomakint:

You can just imagine the irony of life......I have learn one good thing in life, which is, do that which is good irrespective of your detractors views because somehow they will still come back to honour your "rejected work" cheesy cheesy
This Administration never fails to stun!

All we've seen since this administration took reigns is merely consolidation on the efforts of the last administration and the collective efforts of the 16 years of "Ruins" by the PDP... From their automotive policy to The Very successful Agricultural Reform!... from The Successes in the telecommunications sector to the gains of INEC, The Judiciary, Our educational sector e.t.c

The Only new thing we've seen is the wonders of the Infamous "Body Language"!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by drss(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2016
tomakint:

You can just imagine the irony of life......I have learn one good thing in life, which is, do that which is good irrespective of your detractors views because somehow they will still come back to honour your "rejected work" cheesy cheesy
true talk.
lalasticlala come hear wetin bakare dey talk.

8 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by drss(m): 9:12am On Jan 11, 2016
PRYCE:
This Administration never fails to stun!

All we've seen since this administration took reigns is merely consolidation on the efforts of the last administration and the collective efforts of the 16 years of "Ruins" by the PDP... From their automotive policy to The Very successful Agricultural Reform!... from The Successes in the telecommunications sector to the gains of INEC, The Judiciary, Our educational sector e.t.c

The Only new thing we've seen is the wonders of the Infamous "Body Language"!
and ''body odor''.

13 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 11, 2016
Bakare is a honest man

5 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by ultrazone(m): 10:18am On Jan 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by dustydee: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2016
I think the federal government should adopt true federalism. States should have control of their resources and pay tax/royalties to the federal government. Any state that can't survive should close shop and look for "development partners". The security agencies, for now, should be managed by the federal government.

9 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2016
true talk.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by DonLo: 10:19am On Jan 11, 2016
Buhari I think is too self righteous to implement the confab result. I kind of perceive buhari to be selfish in his ideas and has the thinking that the solution must come from him or people directly within his camp. Asking him to implement a confab result by a 'devilish' government is impossible except if a new confab by the APC government even though with the same report. Pst Bakare should not stop making sense.

Every Tunde Bakare opinion today was a hit, from the arrest of Emefiele to the implementation of confab result...vice president o ja wo mo, sociopolitical watch dog to take over...ko ni da fun .....fill it up

2 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2016
When a true man of God directs your path........

You are bound to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by kay29000(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
hmm!
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by frodobee: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Frodobee :

And Bayelsans just rejected change abi chain.

Such a dumbo, that can't organize election in one LGA. And his masturbators will unceasingly ask for time to polarize the nation the more.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by frodobee: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Frodobee :

I am wailing.
Tunde Bakare is wailing.
Fubus are smiling.

To the guy below, I totally concur. To even think that "we" elected this dumbo, gives me shivers.

3 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by anonimi: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
The dull, daft & dumb Confused One simply needs to adopt and continue the good works of Democrat Exemplar, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan instead of letting our country rot away slowly under his watch.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2595296_kneel_jpeg43d805982b82ba261ded75cee00bfcb5

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Smartsyn(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
Buhari is also deaf to this kind of issues..

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2016
Bakare you are advising a fulani man who would rather die than allow the confab report implemented...

6 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Godjone(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
Children of hate and vipers.

I thought they say nothing good has ever come out of PDP and GEJ administration.

One day or soonest, all those people casting insult on this man will kneel and worship GEJ.

I leave God to judge them

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by 1surdman: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
Ok

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want APC Leaders To Join Me In PDP —Sule Lamido / Buhari May Swear In Ministers Wednesday / Tinubu: Nigeria’s Economy Remains Weak Despite Exit From Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.